Prove there's a god.

“Faith = Trust”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#712649 Apr 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why it's called a joke; a story with a humorous climax.
Please let ChristineMC2 know that a scope is useless aiming from Southern California to England.
If you have a scope that can be used to target anything the size of a human in England, from California, then the firearm must also be equally capable of that range. And I don't believe my shoulder could withstand the recoil of such a weapon. Ouch!!

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#712650 Apr 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. College education can be overrated.....
Sour grapes:

ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#712651 Apr 6, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
"Bethula" can also mean "living under her father's domain." In this case, the translation could be correct if Mary was living with her parents at the time of her conception. Almah can also mean virgin and young woman.
Matthew, as a first century Jewish man, would know the cultural context. We must also allow for changes in linguistics over several generations within the same culture. For example, in the United States the word "gay" means a male who is in a romantic relationship with another male, or prefers sexual relations with other males. 50 years ago "gay" was synonymous with "happy." Now let's look at another difference in word usage. In England, a "fag" is a slang term for a cigarette. In the United States it's a derogatory term used to refer to a male who displays feminine mannerisms and habits, or to one who is believed to be gay.
As Israel became Hellenized, it's quite possible that words became transposed in this way as well as they are in our own modern time. With regard to the Dead Sea Scrolls, they were written approximately 125 years before the time of Christ. When compared with the original writings of Isaiah approximately 700 years before Christ, we can see we have a 600 year time span in which word usage could have changed. If it can change over time as little as 50 years, then it's not wise to assume that word usage didn't also change in other cultures in human history.

Next victim.:)
You're PROJECTING subconsciously ,

Youre the one who's been VICTIMIZED ,brainwashed ,enslaved by the church into believing mythological nonsense..

www.evilbible.com
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#712652 Apr 6, 2014
EVOLVING IMAGINATIONS wrote:
Yes, there are still only 2 choices to make.
1 Evolution. something came from nothing and behold here we are.
2 God the Alpha and Omega and behold here we are
Now the evolutionist will base their beliefs on chance and luck. Start with nothing and BANG ! They talk about the Bible and stories but have a wild imagination of primordial soup, ape - man, mutations, in- breeding, etc. They will also speak of evidence but can truly provide nothing more that speculation and assumptions. True believers and faith based individuals.
Please choose carefully as only one will reward you eternally. Praise God for he is all knowing. Try to thank Him today for the beautiful world He created.
You're Lying ,gods not real

www.evilbible.com/Impossible.htm

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#712653 Apr 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
To destroy religion, of course. Stalin did it, many other atheist leaders have done it.
Why would we want to destroy religion?

Then there would not be anybody to argue with.....

:-)
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#712654 Apr 6, 2014
EVOLVING IMAGINATIONS wrote:
Yes, there are still only 2 choices to make.
1 Evolution. something came from nothing and behold here we are.
2 God the Alpha and Omega and behold here we are
Now the evolutionist will base their beliefs on chance and luck. Start with nothing and BANG ! They talk about the Bible and stories but have a wild imagination of primordial soup, ape - man, mutations, in- breeding, etc. They will also speak of evidence but can truly provide nothing more that speculation and assumptions. True believers and faith based individuals.
Please choose carefully as only one will reward you eternally. Praise God for he is all knowing. Try to thank Him today for the beautiful world He created.
You're Wrong
There are thousands of choices

www.godchecker.com
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#712655 Apr 6, 2014
gort wrote:
<quoted text>
"My God"
People -- what have you done --
locked Him in His golden cage.
Made Him bend to your religion --
Him resurrected from the grave.
He is the god of nothing --
if that's all that you can see.
You are the god of everything --
He's inside you and me.
So lean upon Him gently
and don't call on Him to save you
from your social graces
and the sins you used to waive.
I Anderson
don't call on Him to save you
from your social graces
and the sins you used to waive.
Lay Off the Drugs pricki

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#712656 Apr 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya. Still.
I'll continue to press the issue that atheists spend a great portion of their time fighting a religion they think is myth and a God they think doesn't exist until any one of you make it make sense as to why.
Your bitching and whining notwithstanding, you still haven't made any sense about it. For example, you complain about God being on US currency but you're eerily quiet about the other symbols on our money. Why? Because you don't care about anything else, all you wan to do is demean Christianity as much as you can because you despise us.
You're a petty, pathetic loser of a man, IANS.
He eats, drinks and dreams his obsession. If you knew just how much of his waking life is committed to this vendetta/compulsion of his you would not believe it. The time he spends writing atheist speeches/sermons, the travelling to "give" sermons, the comments he leaves on all his buddies various sites...wow, it IS dementia.

If the fundamentalists/end timers knew about his many, sympathetic sects activities, they would probably believe that Satan's army was readying for a march.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#712657 Apr 6, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
My fav Led Zeppelin is Kashmir
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =73dvrir5kigXX
Yup, that's a good one..

“Faith = Trust”

Location hidden

#712659 Apr 6, 2014

“Faith = Trust”

Location hidden

#712660 Apr 6, 2014
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
You're PROJECTING subconsciously ,
Youre the one who's been VICTIMIZED ,brainwashed ,enslaved by the church into believing mythological nonsense..
www.evilbible.com
So in other words, you don't have a decent rebuttal to my post. Thanks for playing.

Next victim.

Location hidden

#712661 Apr 6, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not my words but yours.
You are the one claiming Christians aren't Christians.
I maintain that most Christians do not believe in nor attempt to follow the teachings of Jesus.
I believe in God and Jesus, I am NOT a Christian and pray I never am.
Many do seem to translate the bible with their own ideology-specific decoder; i.e., idiosyncratically friendly.

I have a friend, who, related to me one day that her exuberant mood was due to the fact that she was a born-again virgin.....that's right, that's no typo. I was like, "wha...huh?!" And she explained that she had confessed, contritely...of course, ALL of her carnal activities and that God/Jesus had forgiven her and made her "new...again" Virginal again.

I busted out laughing and she *tried* to look insulted but then gave a sly smile and was like, "What?" I laughed again and asked had she "checked" to make sure. She never bothered to play that shyt with me again.

Some people try to twist it(bible meaning) to fit their own desires. Too much desire leads to obsession, and no obsession is a good one.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#712662 Apr 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Your religion thinks that humans did not evolve from apes, but that humans and apes have a common ancestor.
<quoted text>
Yes, that's what I just said. That's the current theory anyway, for Topix Atheists! it's the going fad.
And backed by evidence such as:

Physiological similarities (fingernails, face, positioning of the eyes and ears
DNA evidence
ERV evidence
Fossil specimen showing more human like properties developing

Theory? You bet. A damned fine one.

Wana disprove it? Easy. Go find a modern human skeleton from the Cambrian

Location hidden

#712663 Apr 6, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sour grapes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =teIj7fak6eUXX
Most college classes are rote memorization...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_college_...

...just like elementary and high school ones. They rarely encourage true problem solving or original, inventive thought.

Ask these guys who dropped out because it was a waste of their time and money.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#712664 Apr 6, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Many do seem to translate the bible with their own ideology-specific decoder; i.e., idiosyncratically friendly.
I have a friend, who, related to me one day that her exuberant mood was due to the fact that she was a born-again virgin.....that's right, that's no typo. I was like, "wha...huh?!" And she explained that she had confessed, contritely...of course, ALL of her carnal activities and that God/Jesus had forgiven her and made her "new...again" Virginal again.
I busted out laughing and she *tried* to look insulted but then gave a sly smile and was like, "What?" I laughed again and asked had she "checked" to make sure. She never bothered to play that shyt with me again.
Some people try to twist it(bible meaning) to fit their own desires. Too much desire leads to obsession, and no obsession is a good one.
I don't need pagan religion's virgin births and resurrected demigods to believe in Jesus of Galilee.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#712665 Apr 6, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Most college classes are rote memorization.....
What college did you go to ?

Location hidden

#712666 Apr 6, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Yup, that's a good one..
Stairway to Heaven is the only piece I know is Led. I've never heard the other one you mentioned. Funny, but the first I heard it was on the Supernatural show too. They play a lot of stuff I've never heard before. Whoever selects the music has an ear for the better 60's-7-'s pieces. Aura always posts screechy, oldies crap. It's best to ignore his links if you don't want a headache.

Location hidden

#712667 Apr 6, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need pagan religion's virgin births and resurrected demigods to believe in Jesus of Galilee.
YOU are the one who claims that freeloaders claiming belief [briefly] to get freebies are Christians. Having their name added to a roster to satisfy a church quota does not qualify them as real Christians in any real sense of the word.

The sad part is, that one of the missionaries (First Baptist) who admitted this hypocrisy was real, felt no shame in participating in the fraudulent claim of having acquired true converts. A convert for a day is no convert.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#712668 Apr 6, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
I honestly think that IANS had no intentions of getting hostile with Susie as he replied to her request. It was her who violated his trust
I agree.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#712669 Apr 6, 2014
A sample midterm from a university history course:

Based on the following excerpt from Gregory of Tours' History of the Franks (circa 550 AD), extract as much information a possible. No less than 250 words.

" The nineteenth was I, unworthy Gregory, who found the church of Tours, in which the blessed Martin and the other bishops of the Lord were consecrated in the pontifical office, shattered and ruined by fire. I rebuilt it larger and higher, and dedicated it in the seventeenth year after being ordained; and in it as I learned from the old priests the relics of the blessed Maurice and his companions had been placed by the ancients. I found the very box in the treasury of the church of St. Martin, and in it the relics, greatly decayed, which had been brought because of their miraculous power. And while vigils were being kept in their honor I wished to visit them again by the light of a torch. And I was examining them intently when the keeper of the church said to me: "Here is a stone with a cover, but I don't know what it has in it and I haven't been able to learn from my predecessors who have had charge here. Let me bring it and you look carefully to see what it contains." I took it and opened it of course,­ and found a silver box containing relics of the witnesses of the blessed legion as well as of many saints both martyrs and confessors. We also found other stones hollow like this one, containing relics of the holy apostles and the rest of the martyrs. I wondered at this bounty divinely given and after, giving thanks, keeping vigil, and saying mass, I placed them in the cathedral. I placed the relics of the holy martyrs Cosmas and Damian in St. Martin's cell close to the cathedral. I found the walls of the holy church consumed by fire and ordered skilful workmen to repaint and adorn them with their er splendor. I had a baptistery built close by the church, where I placed the relics of the holy martyrs John and Sergius, and in what had been the baptistery I placed the relics of the martyr Benignus. And in many localities in the territory of Tours I dedicated churches and oratories and glorified them with relics of the saints, but I think it tiresome to speak of them in order.

I wrote ten books of Histories, seven of Miracles, one on the Lives of the Fathers; a commentary in one book on Psalms; one book also on the Services of the Church. And though I have written these books in a style somewhat rude, I nevertheless conjure you all, God's bishops who are destined to rule the lowly church of Tours after me, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and the judgment day, feared by the guilty, if you will not be condemned with the devil and depart in confusion from the judgment, never cause these books to be destroyed or rewritten, selecting some passages and omitting others, but let them all continue in your time complete and undiminished as they were left by us. And bishop of God, whoever you may be, if our Martianus has trained you in the seven disciplines, that is, if he has taught you by means of grammar to read, by dialectic to apprehend the arguments in disputes, by rhetoric to recognize the different meters, by geometry to comprehend the measurement of the earth and of lines, by astrology to contemplate the paths of the heavenly bodies, by arithmetic to understand the parts of numbers, by harmony to fit the modulated voice to the sweet accents of the verse; if in all this you are practiced so that my style will seem rude, even so I beg of you do not efface what I have written. But if anything in these books pleases you I do not forbid your writing it in verse provided my work is left safe."

Rote memorization my ass !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Just Think 692,057
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 7 min NotSoDivineMsM 46,786
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 38 min onelongdong 439
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 41 min onelongdong 619,842
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 5 hr Classic 4,411
Skype sex? (Feb '15) 15 hr willthis23 24
Is Steve Harvey's 'Family Fued' racially biased?? (Oct '13) 19 hr debi0117 12
More from around the web