Prove there's a god.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#712509 Apr 6, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Prayer works for what?
Can I make a list?
Pray for andet1987 to stop posting that prayer works. Let see if prayers are answered.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#712510 Apr 6, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
So it did come out of the book. Meaning that there is probably an answer sheet at the back. You never showed your work, Susie, just gone ahead and pasted the answer as if you had done it. Firstly, that is very low, it is intellectual dishonesty. Secondly, you are looking very stupid here.
I think it's more than stupid. I question her mental health. She has already had a couple of meltdowns, Did you see this one:

"I have Jesus the Lord inside of me, and THAT'S ALL I NEED. THAT'S ALL I CARE ABOUT. JESUS SAID IT, I BELIEVE IT, THAT FUCKING SETTLES IT!!!!!"

Or this:

"I HATE YOU ALL! I HATE YOU ALL!! JESUS LIVES WITHIN ME, AND I HATE YOU ALL!!! I'M A BEAUTIFUL PERSON INSIDE AND OUT, JESUS LOVES ME AND I HATE YOU ALL WITH GOD'S LOVE!!!!! "

Couple those with her bizarre claims about having shown her work and mine having come from an online calculator because some punctuation didn't render properly, her repeated insistence that I forgot to convert to atmospheres when it was right in front of her, and her extreme lack of insight about how she appears now, and I say that you've got a lot of red flags. I'm concerned about her raising a minor child alone and being alone with special needs children in a classroom.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#712511 Apr 6, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm partial to Loki
That's just me.
I prefer the Celtic Guideon, upon whom the April Fools' Day tradition is allegedly based.

“Faith = Trust”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#712512 Apr 6, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
A normal person accepts when he is wrong but a retarded person continues to insist he is right even when all of the evidence is against him.
In what sense are you using the word "retarded?"
Who defines what "normal" is?
Are you skeptical of your own skepticism?

If no, then why should I take your word for any of the above?

Do you see the irony meter peaking?
Reverend Alan wrote:
If there was a God, it would make sense that it would make its presence known to us. The fact that God is nothing more than hearsay, and Christians have nothing more than hearsay, absolutely settles the question as to if there is a God.
And in what way do you think God should make His presence known to us?
Is it possible for God to be known apart from sensory experience?

Why would you say it's nothing more than hearsay? Hearsay only counts in legal proceedings. Hearsay is entirely acceptable when determining history. And if you're going to say that the question of God solely rests on your misconception of hearsay, then I would say you're betting against the odds and more likely your own wishful thinking.

“Faith = Trust”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#712513 Apr 6, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Pray for andet1987 to stop posting that prayer works. Let see if prayers are answered.
Your post is self refuting.

You obviously don't believe there's a God.

If you don't believe in God, then you can't trust in Him to answer your prayer.

If you can't trust Him to answer your prayer then He is not obligated to answer it.

And if He's not obligated to answer it, then why would you expect it to be answered?

You wouldn't expect it to be answered, which would reaffirm to your circular logic that He can't exist.

Thanks for playing.

Next victim.

“I love Jesus”

Since: Dec 08

Heaven, but Earthbound for now

#712514 Apr 6, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
People who by TV's that do not have channel changers and off buttons don't know a whole lot, do they.
You guys love correcting my little typo's...I type in the box and I never proof read. Who has the time for that right? It is "buy" not by… Just returning the favor and kindness bestowed upon me.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#712515 Apr 6, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Noice.
Check this.
Slange is pragtige wesens.
Hulle is, maar hulle byt is gevaarlik!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#712516 Apr 6, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
I guess that is why he says Christians shall put them to death.
andet1987 wrote:
ha ha :) that is written in the Bible, and that was long time ago. times change. gays are accepted in society nowadays. believe it or not, last time i went to church, i saw about 6 pairs of men. they live as man and man, happy together. why are they able to get inside the church ? well, they are accepted.
You can thank humanism for that. Humanists are the ones fighting the church's homophobia. Our principles contradict biblical principles in many area. All intellectual growth comes from rational skepticism and empiricism, and all moral growth comes from reason applied with compassion. Not one good idea can possibly come from anywhere else - not from the bible,and not from an angel.

Similarly, people who said that other people cannot be property were exercising the principles of humanism. Sure, some believed in the Christian god, but they did not get those ideas from their church or bible. They got them from human minds - products of the twin faculties of conscience and reason, their own and those of others that were persuasive.

Not one good idea has come from Christianity. Even when Christians have good ideas, they have them by turning away from their bibles and their church's dogma, and using their heads and hearts. And those good ideas are pro-human: humanistic. They include things like the dignity of black people and that of gay people. You won't find those ideas in your bible. And if they're starting to creep into your churches, it is thanks to the relentless struggle of humanists against irrational and hurtful dogma.

And who will get those people off the backs of atheists, who have also been and remain targets of that same ancient hatred? We will do that as well. We are doing that here and now, and you can see how little they like hearing from us.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#712517 Apr 6, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know what else works in solving problems?
Thinking
It's magical. It's extraordinarily magical.
It's what we do.
that's what i do too. in fact i think a lot.

ok, here is a problem. if your next door neighbor is a sl***ut trying to flirt with your boyfriend. how do you solve it ?

#712518 Apr 6, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's more than stupid. I question her mental health. She has already had a couple of meltdowns, Did you see this one:
"I have Jesus the Lord inside of me, and THAT'S ALL I NEED. THAT'S ALL I CARE ABOUT. JESUS SAID IT, I BELIEVE IT, THAT FUCKING SETTLES IT!!!!!"
Or this:
"I HATE YOU ALL! I HATE YOU ALL!! JESUS LIVES WITHIN ME, AND I HATE YOU ALL!!! I'M A BEAUTIFUL PERSON INSIDE AND OUT, JESUS LOVES ME AND I HATE YOU ALL WITH GOD'S LOVE!!!!! "
Couple those with her bizarre claims about having shown her work and mine having come from an online calculator because some punctuation didn't render properly, her repeated insistence that I forgot to convert to atmospheres when it was right in front of her, and her extreme lack of insight about how she appears now, and I say that you've got a lot of red flags. I'm concerned about her raising a minor child alone and being alone with special needs children in a classroom.
Oh, she is crackers, I am well aware. You said in a post earlier on the page that it was a test, I think it was out of a textbook - one with the answer in the back.

Your concerns are not unfounded; as a mother or teacher, a woman this crazy can do serious harm to children.

Let us hope it is an act, or she is a Poe. Sadly,I do not believe either of those.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#712519 Apr 6, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>Hulle is, maar hulle byt is gevaarlik!
So, they and their is the same word? Had to check hulle and gevaarlik.

Ja, gevaar.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#712520 Apr 6, 2014
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You can thank humanism for that. Humanists are the ones fighting the church's homophobia. Our principles contradict biblical principles in many area. All intellectual growth comes from rational skepticism and empiricism, and all moral growth comes from reason applied with compassion. Not one good idea can possibly come from anywhere else - not from the bible,and not from an angel.
Similarly, people who said that other people cannot be property were exercising the principles of humanism. Sure, some believed in the Christian god, but they did not get those ideas from their church or bible. They got them from human minds - products of the twin faculties of conscience and reason, their own and those of others that were persuasive.
Not one good idea has come from Christianity. Even when Christians have good ideas, they have them by turning away from their bibles and their church's dogma, and using their heads and hearts. And those good ideas are pro-human: humanistic. They include things like the dignity of black people and that of gay people. You won't find those ideas in your bible. And if they're starting to creep into your churches, it is thanks to the relentless struggle of humanists against irrational and hurtful dogma.
And who will get those people off the backs of atheists, who have also been and remain targets of that same ancient hatred? We will do that as well. We are doing that here and now, and you can see how little they like hearing from us.
i agree with you. actually, i am not a true Christian. i seldom go to church and do not do every thing the Christians do. but i do believe in God because:
i find prayer as an effective tool (not all the time though)
i experienced a real Miracle on June 30, 2011

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#712521 Apr 6, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>that's what i do too. in fact i think a lot.

ok, here is a problem. if your next door neighbor is a sl***ut trying to flirt with your boyfriend. how do you solve it ?
I think that would depend on how the boyfriend was dealing with it. There are a few variables in that scenario.

Does he know he's your boyfriend?

Is he flirting back?

How did the neighbour's behaviour come to your attention?

Things like that are part of the thought process.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#712522 Apr 6, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
No, blah blah blah, and blah blah blah, blah blah, blah blah blah! There, now put that in your pipe and smoke it. Nailed it.
wrong. i have no vices. therefore, i have no pipe.:)

God, health, helping others if i can. my simple way of life.
EVOLVING IMAGINATIONS

Louisville, KY

#712524 Apr 6, 2014
Yes, there are still only 2 choices to make.

1 Evolution. something came from nothing and behold here we are.

2 God the Alpha and Omega and behold here we are

Now the evolutionist will base their beliefs on chance and luck. Start with nothing and BANG ! They talk about the Bible and stories but have a wild imagination of primordial soup, ape - man, mutations, in- breeding, etc. They will also speak of evidence but can truly provide nothing more that speculation and assumptions. True believers and faith based individuals.

Please choose carefully as only one will reward you eternally. Praise God for he is all knowing. Try to thank Him today for the beautiful world He created.

“I love Jesus”

Since: Dec 08

Heaven, but Earthbound for now

#712525 Apr 6, 2014
<quoted text>
Or this:
You know I never made any post like that. Anybody with half a brain knows. Why don’t you provide the link for the ORGINAL post dude?

Oh wait, you can’t. The best you can do is find Sock Puppets fake post pretending to be me and ANYONE with half a brain knows how to do that!!

What are you afraid of? I said I am sorry for exposing you as a fraud and that you fell so willingly into a trap. You see, you guys do this all the time, but this time the tables turned. I can provide original post made by you. You made TWO consecutive posts. The first one with all the &%#&& symbols you did not realize would show up when you copy from a website... aka... online ideal gas calculator… The other you removed the &&## symbols however, you forgot to remove the degree sign for the K AND you had a lame excuse for why those symbols were there.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

You got caught and rather than owning up, you are trying to discredit me. You see, I do not care what YOU or DD think because you lie.. YOu are fake and YOU have been found guilty of it.. Sadly, I have proof of your mistake... AND anyone who actually knows the math CAN go back and see the REAL answer is 185 and NOT 188...

AND they can view your 2 post :)
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

Even your buddy Divine Stupido knows the truth ;) You have dug a hole, you cannot climb out of and now you're clawing your way up and dragging Divine Stupido with you. You guys have fun wallowing in the mud because anyone with half a brain can see the truth. Your fake post only proves how fake you really are. This is a reflection of who you really are. Why don't you go back, do the REAL math and then tell me the answer.. This time do not use 1162 in the calculator.. the one that lests you see the work and try to fix it by placing 1662 as a plug in.. That is why you GOT it wrong.. 185 dude.. 185 :)
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#712526 Apr 6, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that would depend on how the boyfriend was dealing with it. There are a few variables in that scenario.
Does he know he's your boyfriend?
Is he flirting back?
How did the neighbour's behaviour come to your attention?
Things like that are part of the thought process.
one way is: i will discuss it with that sl***ut. if she's hard headed and continues to open her filthy legs in front of my boyfriend, then i will ask my boyfriend to ignore her. if he continues to respond to that b***itch, then i will suggest to him that we will relocate to another town and hoping there is no more sl***utty neighbor.

#712527 Apr 6, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
So, they and their is the same word? Had to check hulle and gevaarlik.
Ja, gevaar.
Yep. Hulle does mean both "you" and "yours"

Hey if you and Rosa pass on your knkwledge of Afrikaans and you get more Aussies to speak it... You can start a new language!

Think about it! Call it,,,, Ausrikaans

:)
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#712528 Apr 6, 2014
River Tam wrote:
Yeah, but I still like him.
Why? The mentally retarded Riverside Redneck is an especially ignorant and bigoted Christian godbot with no capacity to think for himself. He hasn't a single socially redeemable quality.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#712529 Apr 6, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
andet1987 is a moron. He/She/It writes as if a normal person would be interested in her brain farts.
We've advised him to seek professional help for his delusions, but he's so mentally retarded he's convinced himself that a magic trick with books is proof for the existence of his imaginary friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 9 min Seentheotherside 457
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 16 min Scaritual 87,943
Renzenberger : STEALING MILLIONS from their dri... (Feb '15) 39 min rocko 44
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 284,496
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Gods r Delusions ... 665,168
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Peace_Warrior 619,170
isibumbu esimnandi (Feb '15) 2 hr Allstylz 12
The Future of Politics in America 21 hr Insults Are Easier 176
More from around the web