Prove there's a god.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#712485 Apr 6, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No deity needed.
Thank you.
andet1987 is a moron. He/She/It writes as if a normal person would be interested in her brain farts.

Location hidden

#712487 Apr 6, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
God the Father. there is no "which" since there is only one God.:)
anyway, it is ok if you don't believe in God. that is your right.
have a pleasant night DS :)
In your dementia perhaps. Prove there is only one God. Prove there is a God.

How many children die each day from disease and starvation on the earth? You really think you can get us to worship a God that allows that?

There is a song children sing in Sunday School, Jesus loves all the little children of the world. Can you imagine if he hated them?

Location hidden

#712488 Apr 6, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you must be walking around brain dead. The explanation has been given twice. I copied and pasted the gas constant from a chart which used punctuation in the units that wasn't rendered properly by the Topix software
Here's the first time:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
Then here it is again:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
Why couldn't you figure that out yourself? Could you not see that that punctuation rendering problem appeared only in the expression of the gas constant, and nowhere else in my work?
If you missed those, perhaps you also missed these comments that appeared in:assorted posts on this matter, in order of appearance:
[1] I thought you needed help, and did you a kindness. Now you say that you were setting a trap and are laughing. I was a friend to you. You don't feel any shame or remorse, do you?
[2] She's yet another example of the damage Jesus, Inc. does to a mind. She's obviously scientifically illiterate as so many of them are after years of being taught that science is just a guess and shouldn't be trusted or respected, her emotional manifold is unstable, and her character is treacherous - she's an ingrate that stabs a friend trying to help her in the back, and is apparently unable to feel shame or apologize. I have no use for this religion. Look at the damage it does. What would she have been like if she had been trained in humanist values instead that fetid religion's values? You only need look at the many examples of each type of person in this thread - the mean level of knowledge and the character of each - to realize the cost that this wretched religion imposes on us all.
[3] You have served a useful function on this thread. You ignorant, ill-bred theists all serve that same function. You reassure and embolden skeptics that feel uneasy about being harshly critical of organized religion. Being unlikeable religious roadkill, you make it easy, and you underscore the importance of doing so.
[4] I think you're insane
<quoted text>
You know nothing except your religion, which means you know nothing. And all you busted was your last shred of dignity.
When morons see that they have no answer for a problem they just make up a problem to address and pretend they have answers. The delusional mind believes if they have one answer they have all answers while if their opponents don't have one answer they have no answers. It is a sick little perverted game Christians play so they can avoid dealing with the fact that their whole entire life is one huge gigantic waste of time.

Location hidden

#712489 Apr 6, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
you are wecome BT42 :) why do you hate Deities so much ?
Why are you insane and delusional and divorced from reality? Clearly you are these things, why?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#712491 Apr 6, 2014
River Tam wrote:
Do you know what else works in solving problems?
Thinking
It's magical. It's extraordinarily magical.
It's what we do.
"I want to believe as many true things and as few false things as possible." ~Matt Dillahunty

This is like the mission statement for Rational Skepticism. When you have that mindset, and a methodology designed specifically to serve it, you're in the best position to effectively deal with your environment.

Contrast that with religious faith. It serves the need to believe things that you cannot believe without faith. There are an infinite number of those things. Only a small number of them are popularly believed. Within that small number still exists a dizzying variety of conflicting, contradictory, and inconsistent beliefs. Determining how an individual comes to accept the beliefs of one religion over another is not so difficult. The social element is usually the relevant factor. Religious belief exists primarily in geographically and culturally defined clusters.

Rational Skepticism gives us power over our environment, because it allows us to understand as much as we are capable of, without filling the gaps in our knowledge with wishful thinking. We are bombarded with claims to truth constantly, in every aspect of our lives. Most of us employ some form of skepticism to deal with those claims. Even theists do this. They just don't do it consistently. They abandon the efficacy of skepticism to enjoy the benefits of religious faith, which are the same benefits you can get from a comfortable lie.

When there are immediate and potentially harmful consequences for acting on a belief, most theists rely on skepticism. When there are no consequences, or the consequences are not that important to them, or when they can't see the consequences, that's when they bring out faith. Some theists are so deluded, however, they'll rely on faith, suffer the consequences when it fails, but keep right on believing. I can't not call that a sickness.

/rant over
Roxie Darling

Since: Jan 13

#712492 Apr 6, 2014
gort wrote:
you believe the shuttle created itself from nothing, loaded itself with fuel no one made, launched itself and did it again and again, based on nothing or luck
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
amalgam don't lie
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Dedicated to LAUGHING SO HARD...YA GOTTA GET OUTTA THAT 30 MILE ZONE BIMBO

&fe ature=kp

Location hidden

#712493 Apr 6, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. Make my right leg grow back.
Never mind, my new one is better designed.
That is an extremely valid point. If she can't do what you are asking, she proves she is full of shit and all of her assertions are false.

Location hidden

#712495 Apr 6, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
Riverside Redneck is mentally retarded and has the intellectual capacity of a two-year-old child. He can only repeat his programming without any original thought. Atheism is an absence of belief in deities without evidence. There are no beliefs to atheism, which the brainwashed Christian cretin can't grasp.
I too once used to think I could reason with RR. I really expected him to have a normal conversation where we could make progress and get somewhere. But RR won't permit it, each time he sees where he is wrong he drops the ball and leaves the court only to return an hour later pretending he was never backed into a corner and screaming "nailed it" to anyone who might believe it. How sad for RR that he can not open up and be just an ordinary honest decent person capable of an honest discussion.

He makes all these claims and when shown evidence against them, he acts like Christians act: deceptive, dishonest and deceitful.

He thinks I attack him because of his Christianity but in reality I attack him because he refuses to engage in normal conversation.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#712496 Apr 6, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>When morons see that they have no answer for a problem they just make up a problem to address and pretend they have answers. The delusional mind believes if they have one answer they have all answers while if their opponents don't have one answer they have no answers. It is a sick little perverted game Christians play so they can avoid dealing with the fact that their whole entire life is one huge gigantic waste of time.
You've got a point there Rev, I've never seen anything like it.

Mass deflection.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#712497 Apr 6, 2014
gort wrote:
you believe the shuttle created itself from nothing, loaded itself with fuel no one made, launched itself and did it again and again, based on nothing or luck
amalgam don't lie
Ridiculous!

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#712499 Apr 6, 2014
River Tam wrote:
I'm partial to Loki
That's just me.
Natasha: "He killed eighty people in two days."

Thor: "He's adopted."

Location hidden

#712501 Apr 6, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
The Retarded Redneck is told on a daily basis that he's brainwashed, delusional, insane, ignorant, cowardly bigoted, pathological, sociopathic and narcissistic. He's in serious denial of his mental illness as are all of our resident fundies.
Clearly that is an objective fact. But my question is, is it possible to reach him, draw him out and have a normal conversation with him? I do not think it is possible so if he is not going to act decently then he deserves how he is treated. I do not like beating people up but sometimes shocking the hell out of them gives them a brief moment of less confusion, what alcoholics call a moment of clarity.

A normal person accepts when he is wrong but a retarded person continues to insist he is right even when all of the evidence is against him. If there was a God, it would make sense that it would make its presence known to us. The fact that God is nothing more than hearsay, and Christians have nothing more than hearsay, absolutely settles the question as to if there is a God.

God was invented to explain things that could not be explained and due to the law of often repeated acts, the simple minded continue to believe the ignorance of their ancestors.

If there was a God, would it write any of the following:

John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time;..."
Exodus 33:20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
John 6:46 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father."
1 John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."

Versus

Gen. 32:30 "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."
Exod. 33:11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."
Num. 14:14 "...that thou LORD art seen face to face,..."
Job 42:5 "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."
Deut. 34:10 "And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,..."
Deut. 5:4 "The LORD talked with you face to face...."

Location hidden

#712502 Apr 6, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
I'll be leaving tomorrow for a few days of hiking in Sedona before it starts getting too hot.
Here's an oldie but a goodie:
“Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they’re trying to do so, it’s going to be a terrible damn problem.
“Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise, but these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can’t and won’t compromise.
“I know, I’ve tried to deal with them.”
—Barry Goldwater
A lot of people made Barry Goldwater out to be a right wing nut, but I do not see the facts supporting that. What I see are freaks twisting his words into nonsense and then pretending he really was wanting to do what they said he wanted to do.

I suspect that Barry Goldwater found Government just as objectionable as he did the Christians. I do not have any quotes of his to support my suspicions.

Location hidden

#712503 Apr 6, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
copied and pasted :)
No, religious wars are about killing in the name of your god. Since atheists don't have gods, they just sit around all day long and yell at eachother about different scientific theories. Who would kill in the name of atheism?
http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/1687487
No, blah blah blah, and blah blah blah, blah blah, blah blah blah! There, now put that in your pipe and smoke it. Nailed it.

Location hidden

#712505 Apr 6, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are so many of you nut jobs drawn to Jesus?
That is a really good question. Are they nuts first and being nuts draws them to Jesus, or do they find Jesus and belief makes them nuts? Actually, it really doesn't matter how they got to be nuts does it. Just the fact that they are nuts is enough to have no respect for them.

Most of the really dangerous nuts are drawn to politics while we have to suffer the simple minded nuts.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#712506 Apr 6, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
Yo IANS I don't know if you were reading her replies to me, but she has affirmed that she has shown her work. When I asked for a link, she said something about an insult I gave her and left the conversation. Which was untrue. I have not insulted her once. Anyways, you are right. I think most of the posters here, following that particular discussion, are aware of the fact that she is unwilling to show her work
Yes, I saw many if not most or all of the exchanges between Susie and you, Juice (Divinity Surgeon) and Black Thunder. Lying comes easily to her. She has been asked repeatedly to show her work, and has repeatedly that she already has, but nobody has seen it. Once she said she showed it to her teacher, but now that looks like a lie as well. Her test appears to have been multiple choice and done and graded online. Her "teacher" may be software. We'll certainly never get at the truth by asking her.

Location hidden

#712507 Apr 6, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
he he :) ok RT, make it sincere and believe in God. prayer works.:)
OK, let us see if prayer works. Dear God, please make andet1987 STFU!

See, prayer fails.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#712508 Apr 6, 2014
Dam! I Am having the hardest time getting my "Garden" started! So dam frustrating!

Location hidden

#712509 Apr 6, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Prayer works for what?
Can I make a list?
Pray for andet1987 to stop posting that prayer works. Let see if prayers are answered.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#712510 Apr 6, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
So it did come out of the book. Meaning that there is probably an answer sheet at the back. You never showed your work, Susie, just gone ahead and pasted the answer as if you had done it. Firstly, that is very low, it is intellectual dishonesty. Secondly, you are looking very stupid here.
I think it's more than stupid. I question her mental health. She has already had a couple of meltdowns, Did you see this one:

"I have Jesus the Lord inside of me, and THAT'S ALL I NEED. THAT'S ALL I CARE ABOUT. JESUS SAID IT, I BELIEVE IT, THAT FUCKING SETTLES IT!!!!!"

Or this:

"I HATE YOU ALL! I HATE YOU ALL!! JESUS LIVES WITHIN ME, AND I HATE YOU ALL!!! I'M A BEAUTIFUL PERSON INSIDE AND OUT, JESUS LOVES ME AND I HATE YOU ALL WITH GOD'S LOVE!!!!! "

Couple those with her bizarre claims about having shown her work and mine having come from an online calculator because some punctuation didn't render properly, her repeated insistence that I forgot to convert to atmospheres when it was right in front of her, and her extreme lack of insight about how she appears now, and I say that you've got a lot of red flags. I'm concerned about her raising a minor child alone and being alone with special needs children in a classroom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Bobby Bobson 30,697
Popcorn time for movies and shows using VPN 1 hr clayvligon 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr guest 687,171
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr LAWEST100 184,840
Anthony Bragg 6 hr Oic yes 28
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr Anonymous 286,539
Clinton Foundation Scandals 9 hr Hiddn Numbrz 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 21 hr Here For Now 619,788
More from around the web