Prove there's a god.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#712363 Apr 5, 2014
Just a thought wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that mankind evolved from apes?
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
ask George W. Bush
because in his family, George most closely resembles a monkey
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#712364 Apr 5, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I did. It made me itch.
Is that normal?
he he :) ok RT, make it sincere and believe in God. prayer works.:)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#712365 Apr 5, 2014
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
Nice work :-)
Thanks, Juice. I'm so glad now that I went out on that limb. I knew that posting that was risky, because it had been so long since I had tried one of those, and had nobody to bounce my results off of before posting them. But I thought that Susie needed help, so I was willing to try and help her. I could never have foreseen what followed, which has been nothing less than amazing. Who knew how crazy she was?

It reminds me of a patient I was assigned as a medical student on my psychiatry rotation. He was an inpatient in a mental unit, and I was asked to interview him and decide what his diagnosis was. I interviewed him for thirty minutes and could find no evidence of any kind of psychopathy. I gave up, said thank you to him, and headed out the door. I asked him if he wanted his door left opened or closed, and he answered, "Open. That's a seven." Bingo!

I came back in and proceeded from there. This guy was way out there with a bizarre numbering system delusion, which he concealed well most of the time. That's how I see Susie. She had been engaging in mostly normal conversations apart from her flame war with Kaitlin - until the chemistry problem incident.

Now she demonstrates quite strongly that she has only a tenuous grip on reality. Almost anybody else would be humbled and contrite after so many embarrassing errors in public. But she is more aggressive and boastful than ever as she makes claims that leave me - and presumably others as well - slack-jawed.

Is she the single mother of a minor child? I don't recall the particulars of her situation other than a claim of being a widowed teacher taking a chemistry class.

Location hidden

#712366 Apr 5, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
They can't understand the spiritual nature of the incarnation. By necessity they erroneously look to the physical aspect and assume it was biologically sexual. They're incapable of understanding such higher abstractions.
the god raped a 12 year old betrothed virgin.

was there no adult virgins?

The Bastard son turned into a criminal and was executed under Roman Law.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#712367 Apr 5, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your choice of god is incorrect....you are worshiping a "lesser" deity.
God the Father is lesser than who ?:) there is only one supreme being, that is the God that i am worshiping.

so you mean to say, you have your own God too ?:)

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#712369 Apr 5, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
he he :) ok RT, make it sincere and believe in God. prayer works.:)
Prayer works for what?

Can I make a list?

Fennario

#712370 Apr 5, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
The problem here is that we have all seen reams of church apologetics, and most of us have lost interest by now. How many such arguments am I required to consider before I conclude that if a good argument was possible, that I'd have seen it or something approaching it already?
RiversideRednecj wrote:
LMMFAO! Lost interest? Is that why you're here everyday?
HA HA HA!
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
I reckon many of us are here because you lilliputionized idiobots provide an unending source of laughter and entertainment, trying to appear rational in your world of deluded religious axioms and apologetics. It's better than Barnum and Bailey could ever have been.
I doubt that any skeptic is interested in reading any more apologetics. Our cachinnating, oligophrenic friend from the scablands of Southern California seems to think otherwise.

Location hidden

#712371 Apr 5, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>Trying to lie and say you did not use an online calculator and then copy and pasting the solution from that very same source is spuriousness on your part.
You posted twice and you know it. Post numbers... 708815 and 708816... prove this.. Go look for yourself dude.. You lied; you are a casuistry; a fraud.
You tried to cover up your own lie so people would think you were smart. However, you failed to be cognizant of the fact that copy and pasting adds symbols a lot of the time.. you know the #$& ones used in your own calculations .. HAHAHA..
YOU messed up and I caught it. You guys are always trying to bait people and this time it backfired. You took my bait and failed menacingly.
... Sorry I set you up, and sorry you cannot do simple math... Sorry you have been exposed as the fraudulent person you are. If it makes me "look" insane because you got caught in your eyes, imagine what YOU look like in mine... Have a nice day :)
science (problems) are not about the (exact) numerical answer.

they are about methodology. Ians was correct. Did he transpose one input? I do not know, I checked the methodology as that is the question and the answer.

Which calculator did he employ? How does that matter in the slightest? The numerical answer is irrelevant to methodology.

>>>>>>> >>>>>>

I am not licensed to instruct. I have been a tutor, a TA , and I have prepared and marked examinations in Chemistry. Getting the "correct numerical answer" with flawed methodology will garner very few marks, Getting the methodology correct but quoting the "wrong numerical answer" will still garner most of the available marks.

Fennario

#712373 Apr 5, 2014
Just a thought wrote:
More from Polymath
http://www.topix.com/forum/state/la/T9QUH2OMJ...

[1] Are you made of complex cells with internal organelles? If so, you are a eucaryote.

[2] Are your cells without cell walls and are they surrounded by an extracellular matrix composed of collagen and glycoproteins? Then you are an Animal.

[3] During embryological development, does the blastopore (the first opening) become the anus? Then you are a Deuterostome.

[4] Do you have a head, backbone, brain, red blood cells, and kidneys? Then you are a Vertebrate.

[5] Are you air-breathing, have hair, three ear bones, sweat glands and specialized teeth? Then you are a Mammal.

[6] Do you lack an epi-pubic bone and do females like you have a uterus which produces a placenta during pregnancy? Then you are a placental Mammal.

[7] Do you have a collar bone, opposable fingers, a flat nail on fingers and toes, eye sockets made from bone, stereoscopic vision, an enlarged cerebral cortex? Then you are a Primate.

[8] Are you tail-less with a narrow nose and downward pointed nostrils, broad rib cage, and a fuse frontal bone? Then you are an Ape.

So, yes, if you are human, then you *are* an ape.

Location hidden

#712374 Apr 5, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>2167 catholic dioceses in the world and you said 65 have had priest molest a child.. That would suggest 3% of the dioceses have a priest who molest children. Yes, this is horrible, but each dioceses has many priest a total of 410,000 and out of that number, 400 have been accused of molesting children. If you take that number then you are going to have less than .001 percent.. Al though this should NEVER happen, it is not a infestation either.. I bet more cops molest than priest or more scientist..
as long as some immorality is being done somewhere then it is fine for a christian to be that immoral also.

nice work suzie

and do not worry, there are non-christians that are idiots, so it is ok for you.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#712375 Apr 5, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/top stories/TOCO8TEGNA8I5JT63/post 711877
<quoted text>
Thanks, Juice. I'm so glad now that I went out on that limb. I knew that posting that was risky, because it had been so long since I had tried one of those, and had nobody to bounce my results off of before posting them. But I thought that Susie needed help, so I was willing to try and help her. I could never have foreseen what followed, which has been nothing less than amazing. Who knew how crazy she was?
It reminds me of a patient I was assigned as a medical student on my psychiatry rotation. He was an inpatient in a mental unit, and I was asked to interview him and decide what his diagnosis was. I interviewed him for thirty minutes and could find no evidence of any kind of psychopathy. I gave up, said thank you to him, and headed out the door. I asked him if he wanted his door left opened or closed, and he answered, "Open. That's a seven." Bingo!
I came back in and proceeded from there. This guy was way out there with a bizarre numbering system delusion, which he concealed well most of the time. That's how I see Susie. She had been engaging in mostly normal conversations apart from her flame war with Kaitlin - until the chemistry problem incident.
Now she demonstrates quite strongly that she has only a tenuous grip on reality. Almost anybody else would be humbled and contrite after so many embarrassing errors in public. But she is more aggressive and boastful than ever as she makes claims that leave me - and presumably others as well - slack-jawed.
Is she the single mother of a minor child? I don't recall the particulars of her situation other than a claim of being a widowed teacher taking a chemistry class.
Your old patient sounds kind of OCD. Reminds me of the short story "N" by Stephen King in his compilation "Just after sunset"

When I returned so dramatically two weeks ago, I noticed Susie D on here. My initial thoughts were that all is not well with this woman. I think Kaitlyn had her spotted before any of the others - big ups to our resident witch!

Truth be told, the chemistry incident did not surprise me in the least. When I saw the question she asked, I thought uh-oh, because she did have discussions around that time with Divinity Surgeon about her failing credibility (Susie's, not Divinity's). That question I saw for what it was. A trap.

Irony is, you took my bullet. It was late here and I decuded to do the problem myself. I went to hyperphysics to look for R's value and the site timed out twice before I gave it the finger and went to bed.

Anyways, the rest is history. I think it is blatantly obvious that she set a deliberate trap, that she backstabbed you (until then you were friendly with her) and that she copied the answer from her book and never did the calculation herself.

Then the thing I cannot understand: why does she think chemistry is relevant to our discussion? When we talk science here, most of it is related to physics, palaeontology, geology, archaeology and anthropology. Chemistry is mentioned very rarely. Nobody on here makes any claims related to chemistry, from our side, at least. It is almost as if I quiz you on the behaviour of a Cape Garter Snake, just to be able to call you a moron when you supply a wrong answer.

Anyways, thanks for exposing her, even if it was unintentional
gort

Luxembourg

#712376 Apr 6, 2014
Jimmy Carter is making a "call to action" over discrimination and violence against women, addressing issues from female genital mutilation to child marriage in a new book out in the US this week.

The 39th US president writes in A Call to Action of his belief that "the most serious and unaddressed worldwide challenge is the deprivation and abuse of women and girls", which he says is "largely caused by a false interpretation of carefully selected religious texts and a growing tolerance of violence and warfare, unfortunately following the example set during my lifetime by the United States".

Out tomorrow from Simon & Schuster in the US, the book is already drawing positive reviews: the Pittsburgh Post Gazette said that it "should not only be required reading in America, but should also serve as the template for a complete reinterpretation of the religious views behind our treatment of each other". The St Louis Post-Dispatch said it "reinforces [Carter's] dedication to wiping out injustice – and his ability to move others to join his cause".

Simon & Schuster said that Carter, who, with his wife Rosalynn, has visited 145 countries, his charity The Carter Centre active in more than half of them, was "encouraged to write this book by a wide coalition of leaders of all faiths". The book will see Carter point out "that women are treated more equally in some countries that are atheistic or where governments are strictly separated from religion".

"Around the world,[Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter] have seen inequality rising rapidly with each passing decade. This is true in both rich and poor countries, and among the citizens within them," said the publisher. "Carter draws upon his own experiences and the testimony of courageous women from all regions and all major religions to demonstrate that women around the world, more than half of all human beings, are being denied equal rights. This is an informed and passionate charge about a devastating effect on economic prosperity and unconscionable human suffering. It affects us all."

Location hidden

#712377 Apr 6, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Statistically speaking, your children are safer at any church compared to daycare centers.
I thought you knew.
do not blame (the non-existent) god for the rape of the children

blame the parents who send their kids to be raped

Fennario

#712378 Apr 6, 2014
Black Thunder wrote:
Whatever the church doesn't pay it's share of within the community, the community at large has to absorb as individual parts of that whole. That's what.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
So how much does it cost you?
It costs every taxpayer about $400 / year. That figure is based on an estimated 180,000.000 taxpayers sharing a $71 billion dollar tax bill that the churches don't pay..

"U.S. Loses Over $71 Billion in Religious Tax Exemptions"
http://www.centerforinquiry.net/newsroom/u.s....

You can rest assured that that will be fixed shortly after the irreligious assume majority status

“Religious institutions that use government power in support of themselves and force their views on persons of other faiths, or of no faith, undermine all our civil rights”- Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -Thomas Jefferson
gort

Luxembourg

#712379 Apr 6, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Blow yer "miracle" BS up yer ass fool. I'm not that stupid or insane.
you're more stupid
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#712382 Apr 6, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Prayer works for what?
Can I make a list?
i am not only praying, but i also thank God for my food, for a good night sleep, etc.

it works in solving a problem. not all the time though.

http://www.prayers-for-special-help.com/praye...

http://angels.about.com/od/YourAngelEncounter...

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#712383 Apr 6, 2014
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>This is something I am bothered w today.
WTH with the persecuted Christian?
Is it their reality.. or simply their defense?
It's a last ditch attempt to defend their evil behaviour when they lack the cerebral capacity to confront logic and honesty.

It's classic behaviour displayed by bullies who are confronted and bested as well.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#712384 Apr 6, 2014
karl44 wrote:
Just a thought wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
because in his family, George most closely resembles a monkey
sort of :)

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#712385 Apr 6, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>It's a last ditch attempt to defend their evil behaviour when they lack the cerebral capacity to confront logic and honesty.

It's classic behaviour displayed by bullies who are confronted and bested as well.
I'll attempt to demonstrate my comparison;

In the christian school my boys used to attend, there were two main bullies that all the kids were scared of and they both had it in for my ten year old. My boy is highly intelligent and a bit of a tech geek, gets good grades and awards, is good at sport, built like a Viking and the girls like him.

Thing is, he's a bit shy, a gentle giant and was also taught to turn the other cheek, like the jesus character said, so he endured rather vicious verbal then physical bullying from these two boys, for a bit over a year. He cried himself to sleep almost every night and could not understand why they "hated" him, at all. He also did not understand why praying for his enemies didn't do or change anything. He has always been a golden child in every way.

I did everything I could try, other than pull my boys out of the school, to put a stop to it. My son followed procedure after each injury, sometimes there was blood on him. All to no avail, teachers did nothing and the boys' parents were as vile as their children.

The only help my son got at school was from his younger brother, who is sixteen months younger and a very clever clown "jock" with my temperament, rebellion and fearlessness to boot, the temper usually makes up for the fact that he's not as strong as his big brother and there's no shyness at all within him. He wasn't always around to help his big brother though.

Eventually, I thought fuckthishit and told my son to defend himself, like his brotherwhothoughtturningtheoth ercheekwasrubbish always did, then one day, my ten year old snapped and took them both head on, two on one as always and when his younger rebel of a brother turned up, he told him to stay out of it.

Pardon the term but he beatthefcuckouttathem both. The boys and their parents turned into victims instantly. In the end, the principal took my side and let it slide. Other parents whose kids were bullied and helped by my younger son, stepped forward.

To this day, my ten year old is amazed at how those two tough guys that terrorised him, cried like "victimised girls" when he took a stand.

Now bullies back away from him and his two little brothers, with a look.

Yeah, christians behave just like bullies.

Epic fail, as the squids like to say.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#712387 Apr 6, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
very good you are extraordinary. Albert Einstein was extraordinary too. but he is agnostic, not an atheist. he hates being called an atheist.
thanks for not calling an insane. misled ? does a real Miracle misled me to believe in God ?
i believe only a God can create a Miracle. sorry, but i have to believe in God.:)
if you don't believe in God BT 42, that is ok. you are ok. that is your right. that is your view. and i respect your view.:)
believe it or not, when i was a kid, i did not believe in God either. i felt so bored inside the church with my mother.:)
my regret is, my mother died in 2003, and she did not know that i am like her now, a true believer. if i can only go back in time, i would have shown to her how good i am, that i am a true believer just like her.
Aah. I am not atheist. I simply do not (can not) believe in the deity presented by the crister fabrications factory of the "universal studios" cathaholic productions and 40,000+ cult sects.
The writing compilations are themselves ludicrous, contradictory, and blatant fabrications of fools.
You place your faith in that which you are acquainted with because you do not know any different....and that is all you have to work with....you are not done with discovery yet.
Try to remember that yesterday is gone, and there is no going back. Find your solace in the now and tomorrow....Your mother is recreated in your person and lives in your every waking moment of life, so make the very best of it....if there is any "proof" it will surface subtly in your existence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min truth 667,986
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min truth 183,654
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr AussieBobby 46,044
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr MUQ2 92,793
Witches and Warlocks will burn in Hell ! (Oct '11) 1 hr Paige 26
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 619,238
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr onemale 286,102
More from around the web