Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#711933 Apr 5, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:

Cristianity says that's a sin....yet you say you are being responsible. OOPS! Ther goes yer "heaven vacation".
I do agree with you that your church is being very irresponsible in it's teaching and actions. More reason it should be hobbled more, or even banned.
Yes, I sinned. We all sin.

That doesn't mean I haven't been (or won't be) forgiven.

What church? I don't go to church.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#711934 Apr 5, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't know you decided the fates of people. Self proclaimed caretaker? Well, it isn't up to you to decide what I must do... for one, you're an atheist.. for 2, refer back to 1.. You have no dog in this here fit boy..
He's just relating the teachings of the entity that is the central core of your beliefs....or don't you really follow your own religious beliefs?
You can't have it both ways, and call yourself a "real" believer.
Thank you for exposing that you are a pseudo-christian.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#711935 Apr 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I understand that. What blows me away is when archaeologists find five or six fossilized bones, then "reconstruct" the entire animal, tell you how it lived, when it live, what it ate, etc.
It's all speculation, that's my entire point on this topic. Well, except for the bones that we find, that is, everything else is speculation.
*palaeontologists, not archaeologists

Yeah, reconstructing an animal based on a few fossil fragments is speculation. So? How does that impact anything?

Let me give you another analogy. Let us say you are at a mechanic, having your car fixed. You see some massive wheel nuts. Now I ask you to speculate about the vehicle those wheel nuts are going on.

1) You know this is a car mechanic. It would be used on a roadgoing vehicle.
2) The size and weight of the wheel nuts ar way to big for a normal family car
3) The wheel nuts shows you that it is made to handle a lot of strain

You conclude that the vehicle these wheel nuts go on, is either a bus or a truck. Can you see how one little piece of evidence can be used in conjuction with some deduction, in order to make a guess at a much, much more complex system?

So, let us say you were wrong. You maybe guessed truck, it may have been a bus. Is this so bad?

Palaeontologists do the same. A tooth can tell us a lot. It does give an indication of the size of the animal, plus the kind of work the teeth did. Carnivores have vastly different teeth from herbivores. Carno teeth are made to cut, slash and stab. Herbie teeth are for grinding. If you find a 4cm tooth shaped like a blade, would you think this was the tooth of a herbivore? Or of a carnivore the size of T-Rex?

As an aside. Until the 1990's, the puny arms of the T-Rex has neve been found. But, T-Rex was always depicted with having very small arms ending in two fingers. Why?

Because T-Rex belonged to a family of therapods known as the tyrannosaurs. They had the same heavy head structure, same heavy bodies, same shaped jaw, same proportion ocular and nasal cavities, same shape teeth, same s-shaped neck. Albertosaurus and Daspletosaurus both had the signature two digit hand, so the palaeontologists theorised that T-Rex would have the same puny arms as the others.

Well, that was confirmed. Speculation? Maybe. But that is some damned accurate speculation.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#711936 Apr 5, 2014
Just a thought wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that mankind evolved from apes?
I think that recent DNA work has proven that we did. The bones and other archaeological evidence has been saying this for years, and the DNA evidence backed it up.

We have evidence of modern Homo-sapiens that go back to 200,000 years ago, and we know that humans and Neanderthals mated and many present day humans carry some small evidence of this in their genes/blood.

To the best of my knowledge this is not even a point of contention in the science community.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#711937 Apr 5, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
Christianity in general advocates sex only within marriage between man and woman. In contrast, secular humanism advocates for human freedom regarding sexuality. This actually leads to sexual exploitation of teenage girls by teenage boys who have no moral standard to live up to. So who really has the failed moral system? Secular humanism.
You want to call secular humanism a failed moral system because of the behavior of teenaged boys, most of which are raised Christian anyway? Consider the Palin girl's pregnancy and her boyfriend Levi. How did Christianity help any of them?

I'll take secular humanism. Under humanism, you are free to adopt Christian principles and avoid extramarital sex, gay sex and masturbation. Under a Christian regime, you are "free" to obey what other think Jesus wants or go to prison or worse..

Wherever the two systems clash, I find humanism superior.

Can you supply us with any moral truths of value that originated with Jesus? I'll bet you can't.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#711938 Apr 5, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
*palaeontologists, not archaeologists
Yeah, reconstructing an animal based on a few fossil fragments is speculation. So? How does that impact anything?
Let me give you another analogy. Let us say you are at a mechanic, having your car fixed. You see some massive wheel nuts. Now I ask you to speculate about the vehicle those wheel nuts are going on.
1) You know this is a car mechanic. It would be used on a roadgoing vehicle.
2) The size and weight of the wheel nuts ar way to big for a normal family car
3) The wheel nuts shows you that it is made to handle a lot of strain
You conclude that the vehicle these wheel nuts go on, is either a bus or a truck. Can you see how one little piece of evidence can be used in conjuction with some deduction, in order to make a guess at a much, much more complex system?
So, let us say you were wrong. You maybe guessed truck, it may have been a bus. Is this so bad?
Palaeontologists do the same. A tooth can tell us a lot. It does give an indication of the size of the animal, plus the kind of work the teeth did. Carnivores have vastly different teeth from herbivores. Carno teeth are made to cut, slash and stab. Herbie teeth are for grinding. If you find a 4cm tooth shaped like a blade, would you think this was the tooth of a herbivore? Or of a carnivore the size of T-Rex?
As an aside. Until the 1990's, the puny arms of the T-Rex has neve been found. But, T-Rex was always depicted with having very small arms ending in two fingers. Why?
Because T-Rex belonged to a family of therapods known as the tyrannosaurs. They had the same heavy head structure, same heavy bodies, same shaped jaw, same proportion ocular and nasal cavities, same shape teeth, same s-shaped neck. Albertosaurus and Daspletosaurus both had the signature two digit hand, so the palaeontologists theorised that T-Rex would have the same puny arms as the others.
Well, that was confirmed. Speculation? Maybe. But that is some damned accurate speculation.
The neat thing about speculating on a hundred something million year old animal is that you'll never know if your speculation is accurate.

As for your wheel but analogy, all you'd know is that they are big nuts.

Location hidden

#711939 Apr 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
US Military age of enlistment: 17.
It's a federal law (10 U.S.C., 505).
So, you say 17 is a "children".
Then your deity is a child rapist --having impregnated a girl of 12.
Thank you for the confirmation.
gort

France

#711940 Apr 5, 2014
For seven days Alexander lay in a hospital bed in a deep coma. Then, as his doctors weighed the possibility of stopping treatment, AlexanderÂ’s eyes popped open. AlexanderÂ’s recovery is by all accounts a medical miracle. But the real miracle of his story lies elsewhere. While his body lay in coma, Alexander journeyed beyond this world and encountered an angelic being who guided him into the deepest realms of super-physical existence. There he met, and spoke with, the Divine source of the universe itself.

Before Alexander underwent his journey, he could not reconcile his knowledge of neuroscience with any belief in heaven, God, or the soul. That difficulty with belief created an empty space that no professional triumph could erase. Today he is a doctor who believes that true health can be achieved only when we realize that God and the soul are real and that death is not the end of personal existence but only a transition.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#711941 Apr 5, 2014
Just a thought wrote:
Do you believe that mankind evolved from apes?
thewordofme wrote:
I think that recent DNA work has proven that we did. The bones and other archaeological evidence has been saying this for years, and the DNA evidence backed it up.
We have evidence of modern Homo-sapiens that go back to 200,000 years ago, and we know that humans and Neanderthals mated and many present day humans carry some small evidence of this in their genes/blood.
To the best of my knowledge this is not even a point of contention in the science community.
HA HA!!

You don't even know your own religion.

Your religion thinks that humans did not evolve from apes, but that humans and apes have a common ancestor.

Are you sure saying humans evolved from apes is "not even a point of contention in the science community"??

Fennario

#711942 Apr 5, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
There is no justification for such special treatment. The state favoring religion over non-religionis a clear violation of church state separation.

And don't be so smug. You can bet that as unbelief and irreligiosity grows in America, the Freedom From Religion Foundation will grow politically powerful enough with it to change that. It may already be there. A lawsuits was filed over precisely this issue in 2012:

"The Freedom from Religion Foundation has filed yet another federal lawsuit against the Internal Revenue Service. The Madison-based group that advocates for the separation of church and state charges that the IRS gives preferential treatment to churches and other religious organizations by not requiring them to file the "detailed, intrusive and expensive annual reports to maintain tax-exempt status" that are required of other non-profit groups, including the Freedom From Religion Foundation itself ... "Our main contention is that because of a lack of reporting and accountability [churches] are just off the hook," says Gaylor. "They play by a different set of rules." "
http://www.thedailypage.com/daily/article.php... .
RiversideRedneck wrote:
If you're gonna claim favoritism, you'll have to claim it on all non-profit organizations that the IRS "favors". Are you?
Read it again. The content eluded you.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
"filed yet another lawsuit" LMAO!
Me, too.

Location hidden

#711943 Apr 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That was like, a long damn time ago.
Let it go. No Christian today, or in the past 800 years, is responsible for that.
It is one stigma of a multitude upon your despicable cult organization since it's inception.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#711944 Apr 5, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:

So, you say 17 is a "children".
No.

I don't 'say' 17 is a child, federal law says that.

I agree.
Then your deity is a child rapist --having impregnated a girl of 12.
Thank you for the confirmation.
God didn't have sex with Mary, how was there a rape?

And in that society, 12 years old wasn't a child like we see them today.

Hell, Mexican society still thinks when a girl reaches 15, she's now a woman.

Jews think their sons and daughters are men and women at 13. STILL.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#711945 Apr 5, 2014
Read it again. The content eluded you.
It did? Seemed pretty clear to me.

"There is no justification for such special treatment. The state favoring religion over non-religionis a clear violation of church state separation."

All non-profits share a tax exempt status. Where's the favoritism? Where's the special treatment?

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#711946 Apr 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No I did not say my son is 18, because he's not 18.
I'm not going back, but I have a very good memory.

Another Redneck lie.

Sorry: word jumble.

Now go burn a cross, PhelpsLite.

Fennario

#711947 Apr 5, 2014
The problem here is that we have all seen reams of church apologetics, and most of us have lost interest by now.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
LMMFAO! Lost interest? Is that why you're here everyday? HA HA HA!
Guffawing suits you. I picture you doing it with your drooling mouth open and the butt of your palm pressed up into your buck teeth.

You're such a fool.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#711948 Apr 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
It did? Seemed pretty clear to me.
"There is no justification for such special treatment. The state favoring religion over non-religionis a clear violation of church state separation."
All non-profits share a tax exempt status. Where's the favoritism? Where's the special treatment?
You don't know?

LOL

Redondo Beach, CA

#711949 Apr 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the old American Way, where a man pays his own way and never asks for anything free.
I'm not talking about sick and homeless people here, so take your red herring and shove it up your ass. I'm talking about healthy teenagers that want to have sex. If they do, so be it, I don't care. But I sure as shit don't want to have to pay for their condoms. They're young and healthy, they can scrounge up enough money to pay for their own sex life, I shouldn't have to.
To you, it's money money money.

And bigotry, of course.

Let's not forget your bigotry.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#711950 Apr 5, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course children can't join the army or vote.
The Redneck is looneytunes.
He can't even remember my name any more.
Don't know about today but back in the day at 17 ( i believe thats legally a child) one could join the army with a parents signature.

Redondo Beach, CA

#711951 Apr 5, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Oh?
One of the requirements to join the US Army:
"You must be at least 17 years old"
http://m.military.com/join-armed-forces/join -...
You just got bitch slapped, Rocco.
<quoted text>
Where's your humility? You don't want to admit that you were wrong, do you? You don't want to admit that a "dumb redneck" showed you up, do you?
Not just a dumb redneck.

A bigot for Christ redneck.

Nobody is spared: Blacks, Hispanics, homosexuals, women, just about anybody who isn't a trashy redneck.

But hey, just go to the army barracks and call a soldier "child."

See what sort of reception you get.

Redondo Beach, CA

#711952 Apr 5, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to christian charity.
So, you didn't post that your son is 18 and has never kissed a girl?
Has he kissed a boy?
Of course he said the kid is 18.

Maybe now the Redneck say he was "rounding off", because the kid is between 17 and 18.

That's what word jumbles get him--confused and busted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cheap PCB Boards, Best PCB Manufacturer in Chin... 2 min Fire3759 4
what are the physical differences between india... (Jun '09) 6 min Dolly1081 84
The Future of Politics in America 8 min truth 217
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min Scaritual 88,062
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 10 min Serum2874 54,093
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 14 min Kiss2593 619,181
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 18 min Kisser5101 3,950
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 52 min Licks8751 526
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 56 min Lips6855 665,279
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 1 hr Dripz4646 102
More from around the web