Prove there's a god.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#711374 Apr 4, 2014
wilderide wrote:
Paying some taxes isn't the same as paying the same taxes, now is it?
A church is unlike any other business in that their services are mostly free.

You can't go to a gym without paying a monthly fee.

You can't get cable without paying a monthly fee.

You can't build a house without paying for it.

You can't charge in your credit card without paying for it.

You CAN go to church every Sunday and never pay for it.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#711375 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya man, bits and pieces. Imagine trying to built your family tree with nothing to go off of except fossils...
Everything I read tells me that the fossil record is incomplete. That tells me that where it's incomplete, science fills in the gaps.
lol, the science of the gaps theory.
"The fossil record, however, is quite incomplete. Here's one major reason why: Sediment has to cover an organism's remains in order for the long fossilization process to begin. Most organisms decompose before this can happen."
http://science.howstuffworks.com/environmenta...
But it is incomplete. Nobody is arguing that. T-Rex lived on this earth longer than the entire human lineage thus far. We have found maybe twenty or thirty identifiable fossil specimen; damn straight the fossil record is incomplete.

Why is this? Because fossilisation is a freak accident. Howstuffworks is a good site but they do not give the whole order of events. "Decompose" is a bit of an over-simplification.

When an animal dies, the first thing that happens, is that it gets scavenged. This happens today, it happened five million, ten million, hundred million and four hundred million years ago. What do I mean by the term? That any carnivore in the vicinity would locate the carcass and feed on it. Small animals the size of rats would be gobbled up by just about anything: snake, bird, mammal, whatever. Larger animals would see a feeding frenzy with lots of hierarchial feeding: bigger ,or more plentiful carnivores would chase of smaller ones and eat their fill. The smaller carnivores would then eat the remains. What is left at the end of the day is an carcass with almost no meat on it, and most of its bones broken, stripped and scattered. These remaining bits the decompose - leaving no fossil evidence. Only in the most bizarre of cases an animal would be mineralised; flash floods may strike, land slides, tar may suck it in, or whatever. The flesh then gets decomposed whilst the bone gets to fossilise.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#711376 Apr 4, 2014
Sock Puppet Master wrote:
she is not the brightest light in the kitchen, is she?
That's true.

Has she fled the thread? I didn't think that she could feel shame when she redoubed her attack rather than show contrition after having her intellectual and moral errors pointed out to her.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#711377 Apr 4, 2014
wilderide wrote:
Speaking from experience, are you?
No sir.

I would never go anywhere near a gay bath house.

Not would I attend a multicultural shower room full of naked men and extra large towels.

My 'experience' comes from Catcher's anecdotal evidence.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#711378 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yessir.
What I meant by churches not charging for services is their sermons, sometimes 7 days a week. Anyone can walk into any church, listen to the sermon and leave without paying a dime.
I know some churches charge for extracurricular activities like weddings, camps, trips to the beach, etc.
I stand corrected.
Do the ministers charge anything to molest little children, or is that also free--maybe a gift from your god?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#711379 Apr 4, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
What's this? We have two atheists disagreeing? Is irreducible complexity important or not? Which textbook is telling the truth? Is core empirical doctrine affected or not? How do we know?
Oh the confusion of it all!!! Alas, I shall be lazy and conclude none of it exists!! It's all a sham!!
Whaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! I want my mommy!!! My faith in science is forever ruined because two atheists disagreed!!!! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!
Gimme a flippin' break.
This has been a free presentation of the SMAC (Sarcastically Mocking Atheism Coalition) Network.
:)
crister meltdown..........

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#711380 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I intentionally wrote THE common ancestor instead of A common ancestor.
You caught it. Well done.
My post stands.
"There is no evidence of the universal common ancestor."
Doesn't mean there wasn't one.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#711381 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
A church is unlike any other business in that their services are mostly free.
That makes no difference whatsoever.

“I love Jesus”

Since: Dec 08

Heaven, but Earthbound for now

#711382 Apr 4, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. But it's happening now, and I consider it a privilege not only to watch, but to be able to participate. It's too bad our Christian friends can't enjoy this as well, but obviously, they can't since they have decided to support the church.
That "aint neccessaarily so"... no pun intended... Well, a little pun intended.. My point, just because some of us call ourselves Christian, does not mean we follow a church or religious organization. Regardless of what others think, you CAN be a Christian without the church or religion

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#711383 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No sir.
I would never go anywhere near a gay bath house.
Not would I attend a multicultural shower room full of naked men and extra large towels.
That's very compassionate of you.
My 'experience' comes from Catcher's anecdotal evidence.
I'd prefer not to know, thanks.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#711384 Apr 4, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> Did you even read any of the post? I am guessing not, but if so, you would realize exactly how stupid you sound right now. Stupid is as stupid does.. Sound familiar? It should, it applies directly to YOU... God was never mentioned in any part of the conversation.
Then YOU are obviously on the wrong thread spewing total garbage, and totally out of touch with the context of the thread---and YOU call ME stupid!
Aaaahahahahahahah!
It's your turn in the middle of the crister circle jerk bozo!

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#711385 Apr 4, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your obsession with me is overwhelming, eh dude?
His preoccupation with gay bathhouses and towels is a little disturbing.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#711386 Apr 4, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
But it is incomplete. Nobody is arguing that. T-Rex lived on this earth longer than the entire human lineage thus far. We have found maybe twenty or thirty identifiable fossil specimen; damn straight the fossil record is incomplete.
Why is this? Because fossilisation is a freak accident. Howstuffworks is a good site but they do not give the whole order of events. "Decompose" is a bit of an over-simplification.
When an animal dies, the first thing that happens, is that it gets scavenged. This happens today, it happened five million, ten million, hundred million and four hundred million years ago. What do I mean by the term? That any carnivore in the vicinity would locate the carcass and feed on it. Small animals the size of rats would be gobbled up by just about anything: snake, bird, mammal, whatever. Larger animals would see a feeding frenzy with lots of hierarchial feeding: bigger ,or more plentiful carnivores would chase of smaller ones and eat their fill. The smaller carnivores would then eat the remains. What is left at the end of the day is an carcass with almost no meat on it, and most of its bones broken, stripped and scattered. These remaining bits the decompose - leaving no fossil evidence. Only in the most bizarre of cases an animal would be mineralised; flash floods may strike, land slides, tar may suck it in, or whatever. The flesh then gets decomposed whilst the bone gets to fossilise.
Lol. I know what happens to animal carcasses, you didn't need to go into all that detail.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#711387 Apr 4, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do the ministers charge anything to molest little children, or is that also free--maybe a gift from your god?
Seeing as how they equal to less than 2% of all ministers, they'd be very hard to find.

Maybe you'll see one as you slowly drive by the schools.....

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#711388 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
"There is no evidence of the universal common ancestor."
wilderide wrote:
Doesn't mean there wasn't one.
Doesn't mean God doesn't exist either....

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#711389 Apr 4, 2014
wilderide wrote:
That makes no difference whatsoever.
It makes all the difference.

Just like a homeowner and a business owner pay their taxes differently, churches pay taxes differently than for-profit businesses.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#711390 Apr 4, 2014
wilderide wrote:
That's very compassionate of you.
Ya, I'm a humanitarian.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#711391 Apr 4, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> That "aint neccessaarily so"... no pun intended... Well, a little pun intended.. My point, just because some of us call ourselves Christian, does not mean we follow a church or religious organization. Regardless of what others think, you CAN be a Christian without the church or religion
You can be a Christian without a church, but you can't be a Christian without religion, pretty much by definition.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#711392 Apr 4, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and we may not disagree? Why not?
As a side note (and absolitely no disrespect to thewordofme): Darwin's Stepchild is one of the smartest posters I have had the pleasure of meeting on here. When it comes to science in general, I would rank his opinion very high, amongst people like HFY, FossilBob, Polymath. When it comes to mathematics, he is damned near unbeatable. If DS disagrees with someone - anyone (IANS, Mac, Khat, Aura, Catcher, myself even)- over anything even remotely related to science, I would damn well listen what he has to say and more often than not his argument would sway me.
I would think that you as a claimed scholar would embrace a source of knowledge, not sneer at it.
By what I have seen, GW is more wedded to his Christian ideology than he is to scholastic principles.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#711393 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeing as how they equal to less than 2% of all ministers, they'd be very hard to find.
Maybe you'll see one as you slowly drive by the schools.....
Wouldn't it be nice if Jesus saw to it that it was 0% of his own ministers?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 54 min Seentheotherside 687,387
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Worth Repeating 31,361
Florida Residents Warned They'll Be Ticketed Fo... 2 hr Black Flag 4
skype usernames for dirty skyping;) and usernam... (Aug '14) 2 hr Will lowe 10
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Seentheotherside 6,491
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Lol U suck big D 286,597
Does a cell Phone still ring if a battery has g... (Oct '07) 5 hr Unicorn2331 35
More from around the web