Prove there's a god.

“I love Jesus”

Since: Dec 08

Heaven, but Earthbound for now

#711350 Apr 4, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a Ph.D instructor for problems that kids in the tenth grade have to do?
Yeah, Susie. Riiiiiight
Maybe you need to go back to 10th grade then and take a refresher course, the answer was WRONG!! LMAO

I never took Chemistry in high school and this class is a level 2 class. I already had Chem 103.. This is Chem 203.. Like I stated earlier, I am ONLY taking the class so I can add it to my highly qualified status in Science... I already have my MA in Special Education.. it's an add on double douche fine.

What is this too you anyway? You guys cannot stand to be wrong.. You go to extreme lengths to appear like you have it all in check.. Even so much as to use fraudulent tactics.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#711351 Apr 4, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Lolz. Not meant as an insult and apologies if that is how you took it.
Don't think of it as right and wrong. Think of it in terms of what can beade false and what not.
Falsifiability is a corner stone of science. Lets take a simple hypothesis. Therapod dinosaurs gave rise to modern birds.
If we make an observation (i.e. Find a fossil and date it) of a modern bird that existed, say, in the Permian or Triassic (long before Archaeopteryx), ten we have proven the lineage false.
Even a theory with many years of research behind it can be falsified with a single observation. ID'ers cannot give you even one falsification hypothesis,,, that means it is not science
Lol. Naw it was an insult, but a kind one. Sort of like you butt raped me but used a lot of lube and eased it in.

But you never answered my question. What about the following is wrong?

The scientific method is commonly described as a four-step process involving observations, hypothesis, experiments, and conclusion.

Intelligent design begins with the observation that intelligent agents produce complex and specified information (CSI).

Design theorists hypothesize that if a natural object was designed, it will contain high levels of CSI.

Scientists then perform experimental tests upon natural objects to determine if they contain complex and specified information. One easily testable form of CSI is irreducible complexity, which can be discovered by experimentally reverse-engineering biological structures to see if they require all of their parts to function.

When ID researchers find irreducible complexity in biology, they conclude that such structures were designed.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#711352 Apr 4, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
The Freedom From Religion Foundation has filed a lawsuit about that
"The Freedom From Religion Foundation, with plaintiffs Annie Laurie Gaylor, Anne Nicol Gaylor and Dan Barker, filed a nationally significant federal lawsuit in Madison, Wis., on Sept. 13, 2011, challenging tax benefits for “ministers of the gospel,” commonly known as “the parsonage exemption." FFRF seeks a declaration that the federal statute creating the parish exemption, as administered by the IRS and the Treasury Department, violates the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment by providing preferential tax benefits to ministers of the gospel."
http://ffrf.org/legal/challenges/challenges-o...
You can read more at http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/...
Thanks, and that's good to see.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#711353 Apr 4, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Jus trying to help here....
:o)
http://www.nhm.org/site/research-collections/...
Today, we can safely declare that birds evolved from a group of dinosaurs known as maniraptoran theropods-generally small meat-eating dinosaurs that include Velociraptor of Jurassic Park fame.
The raptorids/dromeosaurs were a very successful group of dinosaurs during the Cretaceous and yes, it is there where the bird lineage started.

On a side note: I loved Jurassic Park. Really, I did. But they had many things wrong. Let us forget the obvious (like the DNA harvesting), but here are few others:

1) The "Velociraptor" in JP was not a velociraptor at all. The animal depicted was actually closer to Deinonychus (the "terrible claw"). Velociraptors were puny dinosaurs, the size of a dog, about. They had the fangs and those wicked toe claws, but were not nearly as mean as those animals in the movie.

2) Based on the large ocular cavity and the angle of its broad head, T-Rex probably had better vision than an eagle. To stand still in the hope to avoid detection would have backfired.

3) The Dilophosaurus (that small spitty thing that killed Dennis Nedry) is another animal they toom liberties with. First, this was a massive animal - 1000 pounds and upwards. Second, they did not have venom glands.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#711354 Apr 4, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> No, he copied and pasted steps that the online calculator gave him.. That is not HIM showing anything but the power to copy and paste :)
Online calculators show steps? Please link us to one online calculator that does that

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#711355 Apr 4, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
The Bible has NEVER been about science. Never.
I disagree. It was what science is before science - natural philosophy, before science was empirical. What else would you call those descriptions of the structure of the universe and earth? Mythology? Poetry?
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
Christianity taught the virtues of taking care of the sick. Christianity came to the aid of the slaves during the Civil War. The majority of abolitionists were Christian clergymen, both in the northern states, and the southern states. Most of the universities that started in this country started out as theological schools. The Gutenburg press made books available to the public masses. The first widespread book printed was the Bible, which had been kept in the hands of the politically elite. Reading became widespread because people were being taught to read the Bible. But don't take my word for it. Go to a library with a really good history section and look it up for yourself.
We didn't need Christianity for any of that. Similar things happened all over the world in places where Christianity had no influence. Nothing useful has come because of Christian scripture.

Compare that to the Enlightenment ideology and its fruits - rational skepticism, science and humanism. We needed that to have vaccines and electric power.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#711356 Apr 4, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bits and pieces? We have fossil evidence going back 150 million years. We have advancement in bird-like features with a passage of time. We have a great many physical similarities between therapods and birds, such as:
Wishbones
Raptorial claws
S-Shaped neck
Hollow bones
Same hip structure
Feathers
We find this in bird embryos:
Elongated tails
Deactivated genes for teeth
Plus, we found the bit that absolutely killed all speculation:
DNA evidence linking therapods as the ancient ancestors of birds.
There is really no debate
Ya man, bits and pieces. Imagine trying to built your family tree with nothing to go off of except fossils...

Everything I read tells me that the fossil record is incomplete. That tells me that where it's incomplete, science fills in the gaps.

lol, the science of the gaps theory.

"The fossil record, however, is quite incomplete. Here's one major reason why: Sediment has to cover an organism's remains in order for the long fossilization process to begin. Most organisms decompose before this can happen."

http://science.howstuffworks.com/environmenta...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#711357 Apr 4, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
Well, it isn't a choice.
Go ahead and try to choose to be gay right now.
You'll have better luck with Catcher.

He might invite you to his gay bath house.

Just remember to bring an extra large towel

“Faith = Trust”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#711358 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There are laws from the IRS preventing you from auditing a church. Does that piss you off?
<quoted text>
Churches don't charge for their services, they are what's called "non-profit organizations".
The money comes in from the congregation, that money is used to support the existance of the church, do charity for the community, pay the building's overhead (electric, gas, phone, Internet bills). A church can hire a pastor, accountant, janitor or whatever, those employees pay income tax. Whatever money is left over heads straight out the door to pay for community services.
RR, I have to be honest here and say your claim isn't 100% accurate. Not all churches give services for free. There are at least 30 churches in our city, and that I know of, we're the only ones that do not charge for a wedding service. We will also conduct a same-sex marriage upon request. Members aren't required to agree with it, but we're also not allowed to block or otherwise interfere.

The Presbyterian church down the street charges $800.00 for a wedding. Yet they have 501(c)
status. Some churches charge even for funerals, which I just can't agree with. Why would any church want to add insult to injury during such a tragic time?

Administrative costs including payroll are openly posted on the bulletin board and are verifiable on request of any congregation member.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#711359 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Two things:
1. Ministers pay income tax.
2. LMMFAO. Her name is Gaylor.
Paying some taxes isn't the same as paying the same taxes, now is it?

“I love Jesus”

#711360 Apr 4, 2014
http://www.topix.com/forum/top stories/TOCO8TEGNA8I5JT63/post 710531
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I think you need a long vacation, Susie.
I do and it will come on May 28.. thank you though.. That was kind of funny don't ya think.. I cannot believe I replied to myself... Sitting here laughing very hard.. Truly, thanks for that.. My mom used to say I would argue with myself if I could and I guess she was right.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#711361 Apr 4, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
I'd accuse you of making a misleading statement but I don't think you're that clever.
We don't have evidence of THE universal common ancestor. Expecting that is extremely unreasonable.
Common descent is supported by more evidence than any alternative.
I'm just posting this for anyone interested:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence_of_comm...
I intentionally wrote THE common ancestor instead of A common ancestor.

You caught it. Well done.

My post stands.

"There is no evidence of the universal common ancestor."

Fennario

#711362 Apr 4, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
It's great that children are rejecting organized religion. I wish I could have said the same about my generation.
I agree. But it's happening now, and I consider it a privilege not only to watch, but to be able to participate. It's too bad our Christian friends can't enjoy this as well, but obviously, they can't since they have decided to support the church.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#711363 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking from experience, are you?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#711364 Apr 4, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
He can be defeated with an Everlasting Gobstopper.
LOL!

“I love Jesus”

#711365 Apr 4, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Online calculators show steps? Please link us to one online calculator that does that
there are several and when you place your own numbers in, it gives the step by step with the numbers YOU plug in.:)

Here is just one of MANY

http://calculator.tutorvista.com/chemistry/56...

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#711366 Apr 4, 2014
<quoted text>
I told you that he was impolitic. I can't judge his character by a bad joke. Nor would I if I could. Nor would I be addressing yours had you not invited me to with your comments.
Is this impolitic?

My girlfriend thinks that I'm a stalker. Well, she's not exactly my
girlfriend yet.

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#711368 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your obsession with me is overwhelming, eh dude?

Fennario

#711369 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
"All life on Earth is descended from a last universal ancestor that lived approximately 3.8 billion years ago." That is speculation, not fact.
You're not qualified to make that judgment.

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#711370 Apr 4, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
For another lol:

You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles, but at least they drive
slowly past schools.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 min Peter Ross 447,394
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min ffj 71,515
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 35 min kent 699,388
How is it possible that God has always existed?? 39 min Doctor REALITY 14
School Fails Girl For Believing In God 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
"O.J. hit me while he (BLEEPED!) me! 1 hr Doctor REALITY 4
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 5 hr Dang Jersey Piney 96