Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#710983 Apr 3, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a thought, if the churches want to remain tax exempt, then they must meet the requirements of 501(c)(3) status.
One of those requirements is that they operate by using no more than 30% of funds received for operating costs and 70% goes to legitimate charity.
That is determined with a yearly audit.
Churches should be able to do that~/.
Holy fnck, I just belly laughed.
Ya well, under section 508(c)(1)(A) of the tax code, churches are exempt from applying to the IRS for tax exempt status, so...

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/26/508

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#710984 Apr 3, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I have heard it said that 50% of Jews don't believe in their own God anymore
Well, that's because it was still attached to the dashboard when they traded ther crabillacs in.
Used car centers is mak'n more bucks off'n them crister medals an stuff than they is on them junk cars.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#710985 Apr 3, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Good. Let them all pay taxes.
Good thing for St Jude's Children's Research Hospital, your crazy ass don't make the tax laws.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#710986 Apr 3, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never said that Ben. You're lying. For what reason, I don't know.
You are the one who wrote that sex between men and little girls is neither rape nor pedophilia.

You are a POS pervert.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#710987 Apr 3, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Here's a thought, if the churches want to remain tax exempt, then they must meet the requirements of 501(c)(3) status.

One of those requirements is that they operate by using no more than 30% of funds received for operating costs and 70% goes to legitimate charity.

I agree. They make tons of money and yet children are starving.

Nice post scaritual.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#710988 Apr 3, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a thought, if the churches want to remain tax exempt, then they must meet the requirements of 501(c)(3) status.
Did know Churches are the only non-profits that can never be audited ?
Every other NPO has to open their books to the public EXCEPT religious institutions.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#710989 Apr 3, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do. And with good reason. Bart Ehrman lost his faith after a comment from a careless theology professor at Princeton University Seminary. He stopped thinking critically and began thinking skeptically. There is a difference. Don't get me wrong, he is brilliant. He has soundly put to rest the claims of the Jesus Mythicists, and for that I can appreciate his contributions. Even PhD scholars can be wrong though, and on many topics, he allowed his skepticism to get in the way of his critical thinking. JMO
Ummm, You have to be skeptical in order to be a critical thinker nunzio....a process your religion seems to have corrupted in your case.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#710990 Apr 3, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
Your sock Buck just said that the other day.
WTF is "Darwinian style of evolution".
Stringing random words together just makes you look like more of a retard than you have already demonstrated yourself to be.
A Darwinian style of evolution hinges on the idea that species gradually evolve through a process of genetic trial and error.

I believe that doesn't work because certain things in biology couldn't allow that to happen. Like the bacteria flagellum, if anyone piece of it wasn't there, it wouldn't work. Which means it couldn't have slowly evolved, it all has to be there or not it can be there.

Notochords are another example, boneless flexible rods made of collagen. How could genetic trial and error change the notochord into a backbone? How could they make that gigantic leap and become bony spines?

You don't have an answer to either of those, nobody does. It's the gigantic leap of faith required to believe in Darwinian evolution.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#710991 Apr 3, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
You are the one who wrote that sex between men and little girls is neither rape nor pedophilia.
I never wrote that, Ben. Look you can be honest about this or you can continue to be deceitful. I'll give you the opportunity to prove yourself right and prove me wrong. If you prove me wrong, I'll leave Topix forever.

All you have to do to show your honesty is to link to the post where I wrote that. Go ahead then, show your "honesty". I dare you.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#710992 Apr 3, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. They make tons of money and yet children are starving.
Nice post scaritual.
Bill Gates, Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins, Jodie Foster, Woody Allen, Bill Maher, are all filthy rich.

And yet children are starving.

Thanks atheists.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#710993 Apr 3, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
Did know Churches are the only non-profits that can never be audited ?
As usual, you're wrong. Churches can be audited and churches do get audited.

The IRS strongly disagrees with you.

"The following is the sequence of the church audit process."

http://www.irs.gov/Charities-&-Non-Profit...

Do you still want to claim that churches "can never be audited"?

Do you still want to smear the Internet with your lies?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#710994 Apr 3, 2014
Bill and Melinda Gates gave away 60 Billion Dollars and they pay taxes.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bill-and-melinda-...

Where are the billions the christians make? Hm? Where?

Can't take credit for all the charity then deflect the starving children to those who give more and pay taxes.

Well, if one is a drooling simpleton, one can I suppose.

“Faith = Trust”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#710995 Apr 3, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm, You have to be skeptical in order to be a critical thinker nunzio....a process your religion seems to have corrupted in your case.
No. What I mean by skeptical is overly skeptical. Some form of skepticism is healthy. Being overly skeptical just because something makes you uncomfortable or because it's too difficult to understand is just as bad as being gullible. Being critical means you find middle ground with an open mind. Having an open mind means challenging yourself to overcome things you don't want to accept.

Perfect examples of this are YEC fundies who think the earth is only 6,000 years old and hell is a real geographical place with fire and flames. Wrong. These people are gullible idiots.

On the atheist side, you have Christ mythicists who are so eager to get rid of Christianity that they'll accept historical accounts as long as they don't show that Jesus really lived. These people are overly skeptical idiots.

Then there are people like Darwins Stepchild and I. He has his beliefs, and I have mine, but I don't try to change the facts that the earth is over a billion years old. He doesn't try to say that Jesus never existed. Or at least I've never read anything like that from him. So I can respect his skepticism. It's not overly skeptical. Well not by too much anyways.:)

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#710996 Apr 3, 2014
Tells lies and never links anything.

Expects others to link him to his drivel, like reading it once isn't enough.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#710997 Apr 3, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
A Darwinian style of evolution hinges on the idea that species gradually evolve through a process of genetic trial and error.
I believe that doesn't work because certain things in biology couldn't allow that to happen. Like the bacteria flagellum, if anyone piece of it wasn't there, it wouldn't work. Which means it couldn't have slowly evolved, it all has to be there or not it can be there.
Notochords are another example, boneless flexible rods made of collagen. How could genetic trial and error change the notochord into a backbone? How could they make that gigantic leap and become bony spines?
You don't have an answer to either of those, nobody does. It's the gigantic leap of faith required to believe in Darwinian evolution.
So now you have a PhD in biology?

The flagellum has been explained for years now....M. Behe was totally wrong about the eye and the flagellum in his book.

I will venture to say that you don't know what you are talking about in your above post and read it in some Christian journal or from your pastor.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#710998 Apr 3, 2014
Another wrought, looks like Obama is going to put a stop to it.

"St. Jude provides medical care to its patients at no cost to the patient or the patient’s family. If you have insurance..."

http://teapartycheer.com/2013/08/could-obamac...

“Faith = Trust”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#710999 Apr 3, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
what's the difference between critical thinking and skeptical thinking?
With critical thinking, you're willing to examine a particular subject from different perspectives. You're not setting out to either confirm or falsify. You're setting out to discover the truth with as open a mind as possible.

With skeptical thinking, you're already presupposing falsehoods before examining the facts from a variety of perspectives. Let's use the Bible as an example.

Read a passage that doesn't seem to make sense. Then write down the deficiencies you find. Read the same passage again and then consider alternate explanations without fabricating them. Look at names mentioned and cross reference those names with other historical and cultural data. See what you come up with. In this way, you're not looking for ways to force it one way or the other. In this way you're not accepting it at face value, and you're not giving up and walking away because it doesn't make sense at first reading.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#711000 Apr 3, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya. it's now imagining scenarios for it to lash out in anger at.....perhaps another highway "club bar" incident is in the near future.
Ya noticed, the Redneck is on a "lash-out" mood today.

No humor at all, just anger and frustration.

Toothache maybe?
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#711001 Apr 3, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
So now you have a PhD in biology?

The flagellum has been explained for years now....M. Behe was totally wrong about the eye and the flagellum in his book.

I will venture to say that you don't know what you are talking about in your above post and read it in some Christian journal or from your pastor.
The mentally retarded Riverside Redneck and Ghost Writer mindlessly post Christian revisionist history and Christian pseudoscience bullshit as if these stark raving mad insane lunatics were making profound statements when they're simply making f*cking fools of themselves.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#711002 Apr 3, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately for you, that's impossible. Laws are established to prevent nonprofit organizations from being text.
What?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Mr Wiggley 14,421
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 24 min LAWEST100 615,584
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min RoSesz 627,660
Eali/ Eli Eli Sabam Thani-/ 1 hr Ananth 1
Poll Is the price is right fixed for blacks? (Jun '12) 1 hr cager97 113
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Rider on the Storm 180,029
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr who 278,448
More from around the web