|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is, if you're going to make a movie based on a book, it would make sense to actually base it on that book instead of rewriting it?
You are aware, are you not, that Hollywood rewrites the stories for their movies all the time. In fact, I can think of few movies that are extremely faithful to the book.

Besides, it is a story about a fairy tale. Modifying the story is hardly a case of lying. The material in the Bible is hardly enough to sustain a feature length movie.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>There are decent people in the South, but they are unfortunately a small minority.
I think Elvis and KFC amongst a few others, make up for a lot.

Not that I have anti Southern bias, I read about the Civil war (they teach it in Sth America as well) and the South having rich soil is no reason to hate them.

As for religinuts, they infect everywhere over there, far as I can tell.

Also, that accent.. Never mind. Lol.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
As offensive as the concept sounds, I'm going to examine this question from a cultural and historical perspective. All I ask is that you consider all of the information I present.
Child sacrifices and violent tyranny over women by warlike nomadic tribes were common in early history. Rape and murder of innocents was normal and even admired in some groups.
Pagan rituals of all types celebrated and encouraged this savage behavior. Somebody needed to step into human history to stop it.
So your God can be forgiven for being barbaric because all the humans were barbaric? Is that you story? You sure you want to stick with it?'Cause it sounds to me like you had a bunch of barbaric nomads make up a barbaric God.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
What if were all wrong!?!
Gonna look awful foolish come judgment day!
Yeah. There are thousands of gods that humans have worshiped over the millenia. The odds of choosing the right one, if one exists, is incredibly small. Since there is no evidence for any of them, one might as well say to heck with the whole religion thing and sleep in on Sunday morning.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that I have anti Southern bias, I read about the Civil war (they teach it in Sth America as well) and the South having rich soil is no reason to hate them.
Accent? What y'all talkin''bout? I speaks Merican...
Gob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just using your version of logic here,
No you're not. You're equivocating and turning it into an argument from ignorance.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
you think that absence of evidence means evidence of absense. I have an absense of evidence of your hands, everyone here does. By your conclusion, that absense of evidence is evidence of the absence of your hands.
Derp.
No, you are describing ignorance of evidence, not absence of expected evidence.

Do you expect evidence for my hands to be observable on Topix? Is that were hands usually are?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Unfortunately for you, you don't get to set the ground rules for God.
I do get to determine how I evaluate claims.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Riiight.
Have you set ground rules for everything you don't believe in?
I apply rational skepticism as consistently as I can, no matter what I am evaluating.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
That's one of the stupidest statements ever. Religion has helped bring humanity together in a way nothing else could have. Christianity brought is hospitals, schooling, universities, the onset of science, art, literature, a family structure, peacefulness and togetherness. What has humanism brought? Free wbortions for 13 year olds?
I will grant you that Christianity has brought a significant amount of togetherness, for Christians. The rest is bullshit.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
That's enough of your opinion for one day, you're so negative, your chi and ignorance is bringing me down.
You hit that wall hard. Take a nap. Have a Gatorade.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Listening to Alice Cooper's School's Out album.

Not the best Rock, but I am fond of it none the less, particularly School's Out for Summer. It has to do with the first time I heard the song. The summer I was 16, I attended a National Science Foundation math institute. The last day of classes was the day I first heard School's Out.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. There are thousands of gods that humans have worshiped over the millenia. The odds of choosing the right one, if one exists, is incredibly small. Since there is no evidence for any of them, one might as well say to heck with the whole religion thing and sleep in on Sunday morning.
Miiliways is open 24x7.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
If God wanted to put fetuses and babies out of their misery then it could a) not create them in the first place or b) kill them instantly and painlessly. But instead, it chose to drown them, which was neither quick nor painless.
And if this is such a good idea, why did God promise never to do that again? Because the flood worked, right? Oh wait.
My neighbor informed me yesterday that the movie has it (almost) all wrong. For example, there was no such thing as rain before Da Flud.

<headdesk>

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Milliways.

My toe hurts.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

It's broke.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
what about the accent Doc?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

I'll know fer sure in about an hour.

Pretty sure now.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It frustrated me.
The christian kills the bird of good omen, His fellowship cry against what he's done. but in the name of the Lord they Justify him and make themselves a part of the crime. sailing on an on across the sea! Sailing on and on and on a bloody tale! The Albatross begins with it's vengeance. A terrible curse of thirst has begun. your shipmates blame bad luck on the christian ,about his neck the dead bird is hung . time goes on and on for you and me!
Time goes on and on across the sea! And the thirst goes on and on for you and me!

Night after night day after day the ship go's on with no motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean. Water water every where and all the boards did shrink, water water everywhere...nor any drop to drink!

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Is there a doctor on the thread?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Here ya go Doc

Elvis Presley

Kentucky Rain

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Oh... yeah.

It's broken.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
My neighbor informed me yesterday that the movie has it (almost) all wrong. For example, there was no such thing as rain before Da Flud.
<headdesk>
There is no such thing as brains in a christian.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
Milliways.
My toe hurts.
Toe jam?

“Faith = Trust”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
When was "all accomplished" ?
When Jesus was crucified ?
"It is accomplished" John 19:30
When He was resurrected ?
When He ascended ?
When He returns ?
When He establishes the 1000 year kiingdom ?
When that 1000 year is up ?
Seems nothing has been accomplished.
Seems Jesus was right:
"....until heaven and earth pass away...."
To understand this, one must understand the purpose and the Covenant with Abraham hundreds of years before. Only then will it make sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••