Prove there's a god.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#711151 Apr 4, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
We don't need you to treat us better. We don't need anything from you any more. We just need to wait out your self-destruction.
LMAO! You're such a dorky militant atheist. Keep waiting, your kind has been waiting for Christianity to fizzle out for 2,000 years.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#711152 Apr 4, 2014
Gob wrote:
I sure hope that friend was female.
Who knows when your homophobia will rear its ugly head?
Eh? That friend is a male, but I fail to see the difference. He's not gay friends with my son, he's a regular friend.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#711153 Apr 4, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
All 40,000 different cults of it
Each one believing something different and each one believing that only there cult is correct
Christianity isn't a cult, so...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#711154 Apr 4, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
Thanks.
Off to the gym.
No one cares.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#711155 Apr 4, 2014
<quoted text>
The following is a fact (regular fact, not Christian fact):
All species have descended from a common unicellular ancestor over deep time due to the natural selection of undirected, heritable changes in gene pools caused by mutation and gene recombination in individual organism, and leading to their differential survival rates in populations competing for scarce resources and to escape predation, a process which accounts for the diversity of life on earth as well as its commonalities.
That fact is called the Theory of Evolution, and apart from the mention of mutations and genetic shuffling, is more or less paraphrasing Darwin.
Ya, so you say. Where's the evidence for the mysterious universal common ancestor thingy?

Where's the evidence that genetic changes are undirected?

Start with those before you call a theory a fact.

Start with those before you proselytize your beliefs and tout them as fact.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#711156 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. Because a science news magazine told you so?
You should do a little more research before posting your ignorance.
Why don't you do a little more research yourself before posting?

http://evolutionwiki.org/wiki/Evolution_of_fl...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#711157 Apr 4, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
But more letters than your “huh”
That you have used several times in the past
Oh.
Gob

United States

#711158 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
I'm shakin in my booties over here.
Bring it, I can tolerate the ignorant words of Topix Atheists! all day long....
Is "shakin" an ignorant word?

Which words are ignorant ones?

How about "clueless" and "unaware"?

Those sound like ignorant words.

We Topix Atheists! may have need to use them often, so long as people like you post here.

We appreciate your participation, by the way.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#711159 Apr 4, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be way too young to remember the good old days, when abortions were back alley jobs and you never knew when a girl would hemmorage to death, get a fatal blood poisoning, or die from any other botching of the procedure, or a home job with a coat hanger. That is what happens when you shoot down (if you ever do) Roe vrs Wade.
Serves the bitch right for trying to kill her unborn child.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#711160 Apr 4, 2014
Gob wrote:
<quoted text>
The strength of my rebuttal was equal to that of your original claim.
You made a list of things that you claim are true. You did not support that claim. I then claimed that they are false.
Are you confused because I countered with fewer words?
Do you think I should do more work than you've done to prove your bare claim false?
I await your concession.
Go.
Oh, and if you think that kind of response is annoying, stop doing it.
My post was:
"Religion has helped bring humanity together in a way nothing else could have. Christianity brought is hospitals, schooling, universities, the onset of science, art, literature, a family structure, peacefulness and togetherness. What has humanism brought? Free abortions for 13 year olds?"

Your 'rebuttal' was:
"bullshit"

And now you claim that was equal to my post?

I'll just leave you with my new rebuttal:
"oh"

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#711161 Apr 4, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you do a little more research yourself before posting?
http://evolutionwiki.org/wiki/Evolution_of_fl...
I do research.

Wiki doesn't count as research, darlin.
Gob

United States

#711162 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh? That friend is a male, but I fail to see the difference. He's not gay friends with my son, he's a regular friend.
Do you leave them alone together?

If I was a homophobic and controlling father, I don't think I'd take that risk.

Either one of them could suddenly choose to be gay and make a move.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#711163 Apr 4, 2014
Gob wrote:
<quoted text>
Is "shakin" an ignorant word?
Which words are ignorant ones?
How about "clueless" and "unaware"?
Those sound like ignorant words.
We Topix Atheists! may have need to use them often, so long as people like you post here.
We appreciate your participation, by the way.
See? Try as you might, RR doesn't get insulted. I've developed a thick skin against people like you.

G'head. Try some more. Don't have a conversation, just hurl insults.
Gob

United States

#711164 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
My post was:
"Religion has helped bring humanity together in a way nothing else could have. Christianity brought is hospitals, schooling, universities, the onset of science, art, literature, a family structure, peacefulness and togetherness. What has humanism brought? Free abortions for 13 year olds?"
Your 'rebuttal' was:
"bullshit"
And now you claim that was equal to my post?
I'll just leave you with my new rebuttal:
"oh"
You did not support your claims. I rejected them.

With the ball in your court, you have given up.

That's what just happened.

Now I'm bored, and leaving.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#711165 Apr 4, 2014
Gob wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you leave them alone together?
If I was a homophobic and controlling father, I don't think I'd take that risk.
Either one of them could suddenly choose to be gay and make a move.
Thanks for admitting that being gay is a choice.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#711166 Apr 4, 2014
Gob wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not support your claims. I rejected them.
With the ball in your court, you have given up.
That's what just happened.
Now I'm bored, and leaving.
Oh.

Since: Apr 14

Florence, AL

#711167 Apr 4, 2014
Have you ever felt guilty for anything? If you say yes, then their's your proof. Guilt means you think or know you did something wrong. If there was no eternal punishment for the wicked and reward for the righteous, then right and wrong would not exist. If you say you have never felt guilt, you are only lying to yourself. God has absolutely nothing to prove to you or me. I'm concerned that if you keep tempting The Lord to prove His existence, you will pay the ultimate price, death, and you will meet Him in person. It will be too late to believe He exists then. You will be sentenced to an eternal life of Hell. Burning flesh, pain, screaming and gnashing of teeth, demons, and eventually satan himself will swim in a lake of fire. Please have the faith of a mustard seed. The seed doesn't know it's going to grow. It trusts that god will provide. You have to have faith and believe that he cared enough to send his only son to die to save you from death, the grave and he'll. jesus held the weight of every sin that would ever be committed on his shoulders. They beat him, spit on him, and then hanged him on a crude cross. God, the Father had to turn his back onHis own Son. Because he is per fetch god cannot look upon sin. That meant turning away from his son. That's why Jesus asked him why he had forsaken him. When he said it is finished, he meant that that ultimate price was paid for your soul. Jesus could have called down legions of angels to take him from all the pain and certain death, but he loves you so much that he suffered the greatest death ever. If you believe in him and accept Christ and acknowledge that he is the savior of the world,you will be transformed instantly. God always provides a way. It may not be what you want when you want it. He does not answer to you or me or time for that matter. I will pray for your heart to soften and that your soul will be saved.

“Faith = Trust”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#711168 Apr 4, 2014
<quoted text>
Yep. It's poetry and mythology. It has no fixed or definite meaning. There is is no right or wrong interpretation any more than there is to a song like Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds..
And how do you come to that conclusion? How should I interpret your statement above ?^ Is it right or is it wrong?
Could you?
Here's one difference: one is written in technical jargon having precise meanings, the other is vague and often contradictory imagery that the reader interprets according to personal history and psychology..
Should a medical book be read literally? Of course it should. Does that mean everything else should be read just as literally? Who told you that? Or is it a conclusion you came to on your own? If you think you're above being corrected, "it ain't necessarily so."
Here's another difference: if you "misunderstand" the bible, it doesn't matter. Go ahead and "misunderstand" to creation myth or the flood myth.Nobody gets hurt. In fact, nothing changes at all. That's because it's about nothing, like the poem Jabberwocky.
Has Jabberwocky been archaeologically confirmed in the same way that the Pool of Bethesda has been confirmed? And before you (or anyone else) tries to equate that with a modern place we know about, like London or New York City, I'll let the air out of your argument before you can even make it: The pool of Bethesda was buried for 2,000 years. London and New York City haven't been.:)
This could be why no scientific knowledge has come from Christianity or its bible - just reason and observation.
And this is why your claims fail: The Bible has NEVER been about science. Never. The fact that you try to keep disproving it using science when it's subject matter isn't about science would be hysterically funny if it weren't so desperately pathetic.

[QUOTE who="It aint necessarily so"It's also why no medical knowledge used in those hospitals you give Christianity credit for, and no useful knowledge taught in those universities you credit Christianity for, came from your bible or religion. Those things were gifts of rational skepticism, which begins with ignoring folklore - things like your bible. legends, and old wives tales.[/QUOTE]

Christianity taught the virtues of taking care of the sick. Christianity came to the aid of the slaves during the Civil War. The majority of abolitionists were Christian clergymen, both in the northern states, and the southern states. Most of the universities that started in this country started out as theological schools. The Gutenburg press made books available to the public masses. The first widespread book printed was the Bible, which had been kept in the hands of the politically elite. Reading became widespread because people were being taught to read the Bible.

But don't take my word for it. Go to a library with a really good history section and look it up for yourself.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#711169 Apr 4, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Serves the bitch right for trying to kill her unborn child.
You are pathetic. I bet you'd like all those women to die and suffer. How christ like of you. Your stupidity and insanity knows no bounds.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#711170 Apr 4, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> It isn't about human execution RR, it's about FREEDOM! FREEDOM to choose, so, I guess you think that woman is just tickled to death that she has just aborted a child? I can her now, skipping down the road whistling dixie and rushing home scratching a notch in her bed post! well, another one bites the dust, can't wait to do that again! dammit man, don't you believe in freedom to choose? no one likes abortion RR, if they do, well they'd be some sick fks, but everyone likes to be free to make that choice..you make it sound like women look forward to that heinous act, Ridiculous!
Very good reply, pusherman.

Yes. It is a woman's right to choose. Why? Because she is stuck with the baby afterwards. She has to carry it, birth it, nurture it. A woman who feels unfit to be a mother has the right to choose.

I have never made a secret on my stance towards it: I woild never ever talk any woman of mine into an abortion, unless it comes medically advised, for whatever reason. If it were up to me, I would not have the procedure done and rather support the new baby to this world, in whatever way I am wanted or needed.

However,,, many people have it far worse than me. I would never tell them what to do with their bodies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min Behewawawawawa 42,009
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 16 min Rabbis on the Run 129
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 43 min Paul McCartney is... 618
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 48 min Rabbis on the Run 690,456
Sometimes I like Louis Farrakhan's "sermons"...... 1 hr Paul McCartney is... 107
our STORE is starting on politics 2 hr Curious 4
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 3 hr USA-1 39,274
More from around the web