Prove there's a god.
The Gray

Springfield, IL

#711019 Apr 3, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
"I think religion should be treated with ridicule, hatred and contempt, and I claim that right." – Christopher Hitchens
<quoted text>
You've got to be kidding me. Is that why your church threw body blocks at same sex marriage? Is that why you splatter your pathetic god all over the currency used by nonbelievers and believers alike? Hatred and contempt is how your church has treated gays and atheists for centuries.
Humanists will teach you Christians about the Golden Rule. When we eventually remove your god from the money, we won't do like you did and replace it with atheistic sentiments that marginalize believers, like "Gods? Are You Freaking Kidding?"
"In God We Trust".........."In Greed We Will Fall".....11th commandment!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#711020 Apr 3, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya noticed, the Redneck is on a "lash-out" mood today.
No humor at all, just anger and frustration.
Toothache maybe?
Clap!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#711021 Apr 3, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever seen a yearly budget report for a congregation? Or are you just taking others words on "faith?" Our church is required to disclose yearly income, and payments, and to make them public. We're operating at about 20% of what is collected, with the rest going out to charitable causes, disaster relief, college scholarships for students to ANY college of their choice, soup kitchens, blanket and coat drives for the poor. Our members give free piano and photography lessons with no obligations to join, we take part in crop walks, we do weddings for free to both gay and straight couples. We provide shopping services and transportation to medical appointments for the elderly, and never request reimbursement or charge for it.
Research before casting a wide stereotype. It would serve you well.
While your logic is sound, I fear it will only fall on deaf ears. These atheists don't want to hear all that, they want churches to show how much money they're making and where it all goes, but they always fail to remember that a lot of church donations are done by things exactly what you said, like the free piano lessons, the soup kitchens, the disaster relief, scholarships, medical supplies, etc. All of which are fully funded by the members of the church, not the church itself.

When I was a boy, my dad was a missionary to Tanzania, Africa. He went several years in a row. Each time he went, a full-size cargo container was sent ahead of them, that he would meet later. The church did not pay for the container nor the supplies inside, it was all donated by members of the church and employees of the church. We cram packed those containers as much as we could, we had everything from socks to bicycles to aspirin to desks to books to dry goods and anything else you can think of. Nobody that participated ever asked for anything in return, we all felt good that we were anonymously helping poor and starving people in another country. My dad's job there was to distribute the supplies to various churches and organizations in the area, and of course to preach the gospel to anyone that would listen. He never forced anybody, ever, to listen to his preaching. He told us of dozens and dozens of people that didn't want to hear what he had to say but were more than happy to take the supplies, and he was always more than happy to just give it away.

How would all that money fit into a church audit? Answer: It wouldn't. The atheists don't want to hear that.

God bless America. God bless Iron Man.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#711022 Apr 3, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Did know Churches are the only non-profits that can never be audited ?
Every other NPO has to open their books to the public EXCEPT religious institutions.
Yes. I was Executive Director for a secular NPO for almost 6 years. One of my primary functions was to ensure compliance with the audit process and dispensing monies etc..

The religious institutions literally have no oversight.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#711023 Apr 3, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
No you helped :)
Yeah well, I'm not paying you.

Maybe you should pass around a donation plate.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#711024 Apr 3, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
Clap!
Rocephin should help clear that up.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#711025 Apr 3, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I was Executive Director for a secular NPO for almost 6 years. One of my primary functions was to ensure compliance with the audit process and dispensing monies etc..
My brother is an accountant for a church out in Kentucky, you don't know how wrong you are.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#711026 Apr 3, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your god is very angry at you.
It doesn't like racist, homophobic, misogynistic, violent, nasty people.
He has tasked me with exposing you for the slug that you are.
If that flatters you, hey PhelpsLite, it's your prerogative.
But tell me, what do you mean when you say churches shouldn't be text?
Okay, every post of yours is either to me or about me and now you say you want be "exposed"?

Dude, I know you love your gay bath houses, but I'm not that kind of guy.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#711027 Apr 3, 2014
The Gray wrote:
<quoted text>"In God We Trust".........."In Greed We Will Fall".....11th commandment!
In God We Trust

All Others We Track

http://www.google.com/imgres...

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#711028 Apr 3, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
A Darwinian style of evolution hinges on the idea that species gradually evolve through a process of genetic trial and error.
I believe that doesn't work because certain things in biology couldn't allow that to happen. Like the bacteria flagellum, if anyone piece of it wasn't there, it wouldn't work. Which means it couldn't have slowly evolved, it all has to be there or not it can be there.
Notochords are another example, boneless flexible rods made of collagen. How could genetic trial and error change the notochord into a backbone? How could they make that gigantic leap and become bony spines?
You don't have an answer to either of those, nobody does. It's the gigantic leap of faith required to believe in Darwinian evolution.
Its already been shown that the flagellum that you refer to can and do function at simpler levels with fewer components.

I'm more than willing to wait and see what develops in regards to Notochords.

"IDDIDIT" isn't a counter argument to evolution

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#711030 Apr 3, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Its already been shown that the flagellum that you refer to can and do function at simpler levels with fewer components.
I'm more than willing to wait and see what develops in regards to Notochords.
"IDDIDIT" isn't a counter argument to evolution
No it can't, remove any component from the flagellum and it no longer functions as a flagellum. It's a perfect example of irreducible complexity.

There was this guy, John Long, a bioroboticist, that made some fancy robots that had notochords to see how they swam. He introduced one, then two, then 10, then 15 and so on simulated vertebrae onto the notochords to see how the robot would swim. From his demonstration, he "concluded" that evolution can work. But it's only speculation, he purposefully designed those robots and purposefully tested how that would work to show that intelligent design doesn't work. But in doing so, all he did was prove that intelligent design was needed to create those robots.

"Nothingdidit" is an argument for nothing.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#711031 Apr 3, 2014
Why is there any argument about creationism vs evolution? Its like apples and oranges.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#711032 Apr 3, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. I was Executive Director for a secular NPO for almost 6 years. One of my primary functions was to ensure compliance with the audit process and dispensing monies etc..

They just assume everyone is as ignorant to the bigger picture as they are.

It's amazing what a person can find out as a volunteer, besides, it's not like church businesses make all their financial information available to the general public.

Funny that.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#711033 Apr 3, 2014
Oh whoa! One church in Kentucky!

That settles it then. Moron.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#711034 Apr 3, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
We don't re-write history
Wrong! Christian pseudoscience is the deliberate misuse of science to promote biblical propaganda. Similarly, Christian revisionist history is the malicious rewriting of history promote biblical propaganda such as our country being founded to be a Christian nation. It wasn't.

Do you really take great personal pride in demonstrating that you're an exceptionally severe case of mental retardation via Christian indoctrination in an international forum? You're an utterly despicable coward and complete waste of a sperm cell with absolutely nothing of value to contribute to this forum or society at large, punk.

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#711035 Apr 3, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, every post of yours is either to me or about me and now you say you want be "exposed"?
Dude, I know you love your gay bath houses, but I'm not that kind of guy.
No, Mr. PhelpsLiteHomophobeDropoutAbus er.

I don't want be exposed.

I am tasked by your god to expose you for the filth that Satan apparently turned you into.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#711036 Apr 3, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
You almost describe yourself here..

"boneless flexible rods made of collagen"

But with you it would be...

Brainless bonehead with a flexible rod made of collagen attached to a meat sack.
Now why would a god create anything like that?
The mythical deity of Christian folklore is one of the most sadistic monsters in all of fiction so if this sick bastard existed then why wouldn't it create staggeringly ignorant self-righteous bigoted death-denying subhuman Christian cretins like mental retards Riverside Redneck and Ghost Writer?

“Faith = Trust”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#711037 Apr 3, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
My brother is an accountant for a church out in Kentucky, you don't know how wrong you are.
There's a lot more oversight than people know. I think unbelievers see the slick televangelists and lump all others into the same category. Joel Olsteen? He's a thief. Driving sports cars and living in a mansion. The church he preaches in is the size of an arena. Sickening.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#711038 Apr 3, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
Why is there any argument about creationism vs evolution? Its like apples and oranges.
There is no such debate. Evolution is proven scientific fact and creationism is juvenile mythology.
ROCCO

Indio, CA

#711039 Apr 3, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the Redneck, one of his kids just enlisted in the army.
Probably dropped out of high school, just like his loser father.
That would be another unsurprising action in the life of the Redneck; after all, if you're going spend your life as a child of Redneck having your room, knapsack and other personal belongings subject to unwarranted searches, and expected to live up to standards the Redneck won't even live up to himself, wouldn't **you** find the quickest route out of the Riverside penal colony?

The only thing that sucks worse than the Redneck would be to be a dependent minority of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min kent 665,613
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min Aura Mytha 88,533
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 19 min bad bob 184,817
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 26 min Peace_Warrior 619,151
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 30 min RiccardoFire 45,872
Why do we live life when we have to die anyway? (Jul '13) 32 min UnderstandPeople 283
donald trump will not fulfill all campaign prom... 48 min Johnny 61
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 284,728
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 1 hr truth 708
The Future of Politics in America 6 hr It aint necessari... 312
More from around the web