Prove there's a god.
tricki

Douglassville, PA

#710706 Apr 3, 2014
I see you found work, benhur! Atta girl! Your God is quite virtuous! Eat, drink, don't work for who cares?

Lying scum, bound for eternal damnation

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#710707 Apr 3, 2014
RR even put a rattlesnake in the cookie jar.

"Kill your disobedient children!" - God of RR

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#710708 Apr 3, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
My cookie jar analogy is not based on safety, it's based on obedience.
The way I see it, when a parent creates a rule for the child, the child must follow it, no if's ands or but's.
When I tell my boys not to touch the cookie jar, they don't. They respect me and obey me.
Depends on the type of cookie we are talking about....

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#710709 Apr 3, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Grow up yourself. There is nothing childish about ridiculing religion.
Said like a true hater.

Good job, Hitchens. I mean IANS.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#710710 Apr 3, 2014
Fear is not respect.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#710711 Apr 3, 2014
How's that working out for you? Do you make god inspired decisions after you pray? Are you spiritually guiding others here on this thread because of your prayers?
Yes I do. Not to people like you, no, people like you are lost causes. But there are people out there that read a post here and there that hopefully learn something from my message.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#710712 Apr 3, 2014
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Good advice, but wasted. He's a man of few resources guided by faith and prayer, meaning guided by his own instincts, and we see how poorly they serve him. Here he is picking fights he has no hope of winning for no apparent reason other than his frustration with criticism of the Christian church.
I got no problem with criticism of Christianity, I criticize it myself. I do have a problem with lying about Christianity, something you're well versed at.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#710713 Apr 3, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You're such an uncompromising militant atheist.
Yo, Clueless! Have you looked at your avatar or read the words you chose to frame it in? It shows a medieval warrior in armor and the words, "Onward Christian warrior."
It's a defense towards you wicked militant atheists.

I thought you knew.

Don't assume for a second that Christians are wimps or will sit idly by as you denigrade our religion.

We're fighters too, ya know.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#710714 Apr 3, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so full of sh!t. Either that or you really are a moronic godbot.
How far back in history do you want me to start?
Two thousand years ago to last week, when a christian woman beat her four year old little boy to death, for "acting gay"?
Does that timeline work for you?
According to you, all atrocities are caused by religion, specifically Christianity. According to you, only Christians commit mass murder, atheists are sweet as pie.

So don't bother, you're a damned fool spreading damned lies.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#710715 Apr 3, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
Fear is not respect.
Free people follow their leaders out of respect.

Slaves obey their masters out of fear.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#710716 Apr 3, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
According to you, all atrocities are caused by religion, specifically Christianity.....
Only for the last 1700 years.

Islam is giving Christianity a run for its money though.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#710717 Apr 3, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I got no problem with criticism of Christianity, I criticize it myself. I do have a problem with lying about Christianity, something you're well versed at.
Today must be Backwards Day in Riverside.

“Faith = Trust”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#710718 Apr 3, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you knew.
Don't assume for a second that Christians are wimps or will sit idly by as you denigrade our religion.
The "turn the other cheek" verse is usually misunderstood in the modern Western secular mindset.(And by many well meaning Christians also) They think it means we're supposed to be 100% passive and take whatever they dish out on the chin. They're 200% wrong. We're allowed to defend vigorously. We're not supposed to take revenge. I will say publicly say and with all due respect, that setting somebody up to look stupid on a math problem is vengeful.
Vigorously (and even sarcastically) defending your beliefs is okay. I'll talk some serious smack, but I won't be cruel.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#710719 Apr 3, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>RiversideRedneck wrote:

I thought you knew.

Do you imagine for a moment that the whole world doesn't know that christians are fighters?

Add murderers, bigots, racists, liars and pedophiles.

It must eat you up to think how you can't just kill us for opposing your sick religion anymore.

The only message you bring to the new generation is "religion made me this way".

Evolution guarantees they are smarter than the likes of you.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#710720 Apr 3, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>According to you, all atrocities are caused by religion, specifically Christianity. According to you, only Christians commit mass murder, atheists are sweet as pie.

Your mythical book is a lie.

Your sick religion is a lie.

You are a liar so naturally, you think(?) everyone else is too.

The horrible history of the immoral religion you fight for and represent, however much you try to deflect and deny it, is not a lie.

Your concession is noted.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#710721 Apr 3, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
According to you, all atrocities are caused by religion, specifically Christianity. According to you, only Christians commit mass murder, atheists are sweet as pie.
Do you have any links to atheist mass murders? Yes I know there were a few but compared with their christian counterparts, very few.

Number of deaths caused throughout recorded history caused by religion (not all christian)

Over 800,000,000

Number of deaths clamed as being caused by atheism during the same period

About 80,000,000

Note many of those atheist blamed deaths are arguable, Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot etc all had christian influence in there lives. But still, lets give religion the benefit of the doubt and leave the figures as recorded.

Then of course we could mention the biggest atrocity of all time, according to the abrahmic god belief anyway.

The genocide of every living thing on this planet with the exception of a handful of close buddies and about 18 million animals.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#710722 Apr 3, 2014
Led Zeppelin

Hey Hey What Can I Do

#710723 Apr 3, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
The "turn the other cheek" verse is usually misunderstood in the modern Western secular mindset.(And by many well meaning Christians also) They think it means we're supposed to be 100% passive and take whatever they dish out on the chin. They're 200% wrong. We're allowed to defend vigorously. We're not supposed to take revenge. I will say publicly say and with all due respect, that setting somebody up to look stupid on a math problem is vengeful.
Vigorously (and even sarcastically) defending your beliefs is okay. I'll talk some serious smack, but I won't be cruel.
Okay. So turn the other cheek = defend vigourously. Gotcha

#710724 Apr 3, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any links to atheist mass murders? Yes I know there were a few but compared with their christian counterparts, very few.
Number of deaths caused throughout recorded history caused by religion (not all christian)
Over 800,000,000
Number of deaths clamed as being caused by atheism during the same period
About 80,000,000
Note many of those atheist blamed deaths are arguable, Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot etc all had christian influence in there lives. But still, lets give religion the benefit of the doubt and leave the figures as recorded.
Then of course we could mention the biggest atrocity of all time, according to the abrahmic god belief anyway.
The genocide of every living thing on this planet with the exception of a handful of close buddies and about 18 million animals.
Dammit! And here I thought we would at least break the 100 million mark.

Come on atheists! I killed three people today already and that was with a shovel!

Hi, Chris.

“Faith = Trust”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#710725 Apr 3, 2014
<quoted text>
Why would you say that? Don't you believe that your god came to earth, went around doing magic, and then rose from the dead as evidence of its existence? Would a god worthy of being called a god do that?
Once you understand the covenant theology it will make sense. The difficult part is understanding it. And the purpose of the miracles wasn't to show off. It was to affirm that He had the authority to demonstrate that God's kingdom was now appearing here on Earth. It wasn't what the Jewish religious leaders were expecting at all. And because He allowed Himself to be treated that way, Jesus (God) was showing a willingness to share in the same suffering that His people did. It all ties into Genesis 15. If you truly want to know how that's true, I'll be glad to explain it.
I am not going to accept an account of a cruel and absurd god on that argument. If it wants my understanding, love and respect, it has to reach me and resonate with me in terms comprehensible to me.
What do you mean in terms comprehensible to you? Are you saying you want a direct audience with God, or are you willing to enter into a dialogue with somebody who understands? As I said above, I'm more than willing to explain it. And I won't be sarcastic at all if you're sincere. I'm usually not sarcastic with you anyway. You're a decent fellow from what I can tell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 2 min Johnny 3,557
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min hojo 636,925
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min spinosaurus baryo... 27,829
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 22 min Chess Jurist 618,127
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 43 min Highest Comandmen... 44,053
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 53 min Freebird USA 181,884
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 59 min Johnny 4,711
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Toby 104,188
More from around the web