Prove there's a god.

“Proud Member”

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#710612 Apr 2, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Was running up the basement steps. They're varnished and I wasn't wearing shoes, just socks.
Not sure how to explain it.. but... I missed a step; didn't have a good "toehold"... my ankle extended when my weight was released and it was kinda like slamming one's knuckles into a table...'cept it was my big toe, right foot, into the step below.
It popped. Was hoping that was my ankle. Can pop them at will. It wasn't my ankle.
It's a most interesting sensation!
This is gonna suck tomorrow, ain't it?
Yeah prolly, if it swells up too big you will have to cut a hole in your shoe..lol
J/K maybe it wont be so bad? I hate stumping a toe, it's been a long time since I did that.

“Proud Member”

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#710613 Apr 2, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
I'm gonna go lie down now.
Go pull on the toe that feels good. Well you brought it up? LOL

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#710614 Apr 2, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah Lolong is a legend. Died last year on my birthday. Largest croc ever measured, or ever in captivity. Something like that. All I know is that I was disappointed because as far as I know, they neer got around to measuring the bite force of Lolong, that would have been an easy 2 ton bite. At least.
Saltwater crocs are mean players. In a straight fight, they would even hold their own against a Great White. They are the heaviest reptillians on earth, capable of breaking the 1 ton mark. Komodo Dragons got nuttin' on them crocs
When the Salties aka Estuarine Crocodiles go out to sea, they often get into fights with sharks. They usually win too.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-47599...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/ho...
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/monster-croc...

They have even been known to take a huge water buffalo.
http://www.australiazoo.com.au/our-animals/am...

We had a big fella named Eric in the Reptile Park.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#710615 Apr 2, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
As mean as this animal is, compareing it to this:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcosuchus
I've heard it said that crocodiles and alligators are the only living dinosaurs. They were around 65 million years ago too.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#710616 Apr 2, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Was running up the basement steps. They're varnished and I wasn't wearing shoes, just socks.
Not sure how to explain it.. but... I missed a step; didn't have a good "toehold"... my ankle extended when my weight was released and it was kinda like slamming one's knuckles into a table...'cept it was my big toe, right foot, into the step below.
It popped. Was hoping that was my ankle. Can pop them at will. It wasn't my ankle.
It's a most interesting sensation!
This is gonna suck tomorrow, ain't it?
O...U...C...H!!!

#710617 Apr 2, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> Sigh, He did not show his work, he showed the online calculators work... You see, these online calculators not only give you the answer but a detailed description of how you get the answer..aka "the work ;) The fact that he got the answer WRONG only proves he forgot simple things like converting mmHg to atm… Naturally the work is there… The computer GAVE it to him step by step :)
You really being a byotch about this.

It really isn't that hard a problem. PV=nRT. Simple algebra, solve for T. A few conversions thrown in to get the units to line up right.

BTW...he DID convert mmHg (aka torr) to atm. If he hadn't, his answer would have been 760 times larger than what he got. Perhaps you should check your own math. It doesn't seem to be very good.

My suspicion is that your book's calculation used 3 significant digits for its values, while IANS used 4 significant digits (which he did). That would account for the small discrepancy.

#710618 Apr 2, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Welcome to my nightmare is a better album, or billion dollar babies..
A matter of opinion, though I do like Billion Dollar Babies. But there are a few tracks on School's that really resonate with me.

#710619 Apr 2, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> I did the math.. It was a quiz and I bet my life the instructor with the PHD knows more than all of you put together.. 188 is wrong.. I will be sure to email him and let him know a bunch of topix nobodies said he was wrong and see if he changes my grade :)
And what precision did you use for your values? 3 significant digits. I know IANS used 4. If that is the case, his answer will be closer to the actual value than yours. His arithmetic is correct. I checked it.

If you used 3, which is a common practice, 185 would be a "correct" answer, but not an exact answer.

But I reiterate...IANS math is correct.

#710620 Apr 2, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
True Truth, for one. A muslim, from Durban, South Africa.
He was on here a few months ago
True Truth. Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

#710621 Apr 3, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
When the Salties aka Estuarine Crocodiles go out to sea, they often get into fights with sharks. They usually win too.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-47599...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/ho...
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/monster-croc...
They have even been known to take a huge water buffalo.
http://www.australiazoo.com.au/our-animals/am...
We had a big fella named Eric in the Reptile Park.
Bluenose is a n Ausie that posts on Topix at times, particularly on the evolution threads. In his younger days, he was a carrier pilot in the Ausie navy. He claims to have flown over a salty swimming in the middle of the Coral Sea.

#710622 Apr 3, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard it said that crocodiles and alligators are the only living dinosaurs. They were around 65 million years ago too.
No, the crocodilians are not dinosaurs. They are only distantly related to them as reptiles. IIRC, crocodiles first appeared about the same time as the dinosaurs did, about 250 million years ago. I'm too danged tire right now to look it up.

I have also heard Komodo dragons referred to as "living dinosaurs" or "descendants of dinosaurs". Also false.

The only descendants of dinosaurs we know of are birds.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#710623 Apr 3, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>That's right, DF. Koalas are not bears, they're marsupials related to the wombat.

They look like cute little teddys tho.
:-)
They're so cuddly. Aww.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#710624 Apr 3, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>He is. Maybe he does it on here, because he got bitch-slapped so often in real life.
Can you imagine him talking to women like that here, in public?

Lol.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#710625 Apr 3, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>It's always better to shoot animals with a camera, anyway.
Absotoodly positively :D

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#710626 Apr 3, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>You really being a byotch about this.

It really isn't that hard a problem. PV=nRT. Simple algebra, solve for T. A few conversions thrown in to get the units to line up right.

BTW...he DID convert mmHg (aka torr) to atm. If he hadn't, his answer would have been 760 times larger than what he got. Perhaps you should check your own math. It doesn't seem to be very good.

My suspicion is that your book's calculation used 3 significant digits for its values, while IANS used 4 significant digits (which he did). That would account for the small discrepancy.
She hasn't posted the formula or shown her work.

She's got nothing that my ten year old couldn't google.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#710627 Apr 3, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
Now THAT is totally off!!!

t's the father I'm dirty on, the "husband" you wouldn't expect better. My father would have flattened any man who even suggested such a thing, back when I was 12.

The good thing is: I've heard exactly what they do to pedos inside.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#710628 Apr 3, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Yikes. How sick is that?
Perhaps that scripture is why Mother Teresa cruelly prolonged the agony of her terminal patients by denying them pain relief - so she could offer their suffering as a gift to her god and yours:
"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people." – Mother Teresa
The world will be a little better every time the Christian chuch dies a little more.
Wonder if they gave her any pain relief in her last days? Different rules...

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#710629 Apr 3, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. I'm prescribing a week at a Baptist "Down With Fun" retreat.
I like all the color, but it does take some getting accustomed to. That's Mexico.
I would pack my sunglasses if I went there.:-) But it's all very beautiful, in an arty way.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#710630 Apr 3, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to see a movie that sticks exactly to what the Bible says. Esp. leaving in the parts that Christians want to deny.
IE: Killing babies to punish the parents (2 Samuel 12 )
One long movie of all the nasty stuff "God" did to innocent people.
R rated? X rated? No, it would be refused a classification.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#710631 Apr 3, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Every sect is the only one which is right.
Kind of like football teams, really. Everyone thinks theirs is the one and only true one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min River Tam 69,982
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Michael 658,353
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 10 min Hard Twin 445,512
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 18 min Kgroot1234 73
Horny snapchat usernames 19 min Kgroot1234 7
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 21 min gundee123 4,918
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 24 min here 282,833
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 1 hr Jersey97boy 86
More from around the web