“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#710605 Apr 2, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Because
1) we have a large number of people and organisations giving to charity
2) because a king and queen cannot lay claim to 50% of your income in a year, unannounced
3) because you cannot be hanged for disagreeing with the Genesis account
4) Because your daughter will not be hanged for having a mole on or near er chest
5) because you (hopefully) see a black man as your equal, not as your slave
How about those for a start?
That's definitely progress.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#710606 Apr 2, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I to am a fan of Wildlife, I also hate to see Grizzlies or any other Animal killed uselessly.
Did you say something about drug dealers, That wasn't what I asked, but it clearly answers my question..
I bet you say that about all the drug dealers.. Every time you brown bag that 12 pack..
Exactly right. They have as much right to life as any other creature.

Even tho we gave them a nasty scientific name: Ursus arctos horribilis.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#710607 Apr 2, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he make that argument? LOL. Yeah Bill, whatever. But that isn't half as good as Gingrich pursuing Clinton for having an affair while having one of his own AND serving his wife with divorce papers while she was in the hospital recovering from cancer surgery. And now he has converted to Catholicism, after getting divorced twice. And still presumes to blovate about morality. You can't make this stuff up.
Hypocrites are always amusing.
*rolls eyes*

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#710608 Apr 2, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>My point was....that of all those that go extinct, bears won't be a species I would miss. Not that they will likely go during my lifetime.
There's a hint in my profile, duh. I like to hike and I hate anything that might eat me when it's not even fkg hungry. Bears are nasty beasts.
Maybe the bear would have a lot more taste.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#710609 Apr 2, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do you constantly make perverted posts ?
You are a case study in hypocrisy.
He is. Maybe he does it on here, because he got bitch-slapped so often in real life.
:-)

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#710610 Apr 2, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with you totally. One must respect the boundaries of the animals. To me, seeing wild life In their native habitat like that, is what makes the hike or camping trip more enjoyable. Respecting the animal for what it is and keeping distance between you and the animal can be the difference of an enjoyable hike, or a trip to the ER. I do not believe in the unnecessary killing of any animal. I was raised in the mountains and don't even hunt. I find more pleasure in firing up a good joint and watching them, than I do blowing their brains out for some stir fry!
It's always better to shoot animals with a camera, anyway.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#710611 Apr 2, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, he takes some liberties. For one thing, it's obviously impossible for one guy and his sons to build an ark that big, so in this version they are assisted by giants. Which, interestingly, were mentioned earlier in Genesis (but not in relations to the flood story). There is also a stow-away. There are also giant six-armed angels. And the problem of animals eating and defecating on the boat is solved by having all the animals immediately go to sleep upon settling down in the ark (which is a pretty good solution if you can figure out how to do that).
I'm just interested in the drama of it. Same as any other Hollywood offering, really.

The Ten Commandments was also a good drama, and I read the Bible story again the last time it was on TV. But it won't make me into a true believer, again.

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#710612 Apr 2, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Was running up the basement steps. They're varnished and I wasn't wearing shoes, just socks.
Not sure how to explain it.. but... I missed a step; didn't have a good "toehold"... my ankle extended when my weight was released and it was kinda like slamming one's knuckles into a table...'cept it was my big toe, right foot, into the step below.
It popped. Was hoping that was my ankle. Can pop them at will. It wasn't my ankle.
It's a most interesting sensation!
This is gonna suck tomorrow, ain't it?
Yeah prolly, if it swells up too big you will have to cut a hole in your shoe..lol
J/K maybe it wont be so bad? I hate stumping a toe, it's been a long time since I did that.

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#710613 Apr 2, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
I'm gonna go lie down now.
Go pull on the toe that feels good. Well you brought it up? LOL

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#710614 Apr 2, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah Lolong is a legend. Died last year on my birthday. Largest croc ever measured, or ever in captivity. Something like that. All I know is that I was disappointed because as far as I know, they neer got around to measuring the bite force of Lolong, that would have been an easy 2 ton bite. At least.
Saltwater crocs are mean players. In a straight fight, they would even hold their own against a Great White. They are the heaviest reptillians on earth, capable of breaking the 1 ton mark. Komodo Dragons got nuttin' on them crocs
When the Salties aka Estuarine Crocodiles go out to sea, they often get into fights with sharks. They usually win too.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-47599...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/ho...
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/monster-croc...

They have even been known to take a huge water buffalo.
http://www.australiazoo.com.au/our-animals/am...

We had a big fella named Eric in the Reptile Park.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#710615 Apr 2, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
As mean as this animal is, compareing it to this:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcosuchus
I've heard it said that crocodiles and alligators are the only living dinosaurs. They were around 65 million years ago too.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#710616 Apr 2, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Was running up the basement steps. They're varnished and I wasn't wearing shoes, just socks.
Not sure how to explain it.. but... I missed a step; didn't have a good "toehold"... my ankle extended when my weight was released and it was kinda like slamming one's knuckles into a table...'cept it was my big toe, right foot, into the step below.
It popped. Was hoping that was my ankle. Can pop them at will. It wasn't my ankle.
It's a most interesting sensation!
This is gonna suck tomorrow, ain't it?
O...U...C...H!!!

#710617 Apr 2, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> Sigh, He did not show his work, he showed the online calculators work... You see, these online calculators not only give you the answer but a detailed description of how you get the answer..aka "the work ;) The fact that he got the answer WRONG only proves he forgot simple things like converting mmHg to atm… Naturally the work is there… The computer GAVE it to him step by step :)
You really being a byotch about this.

It really isn't that hard a problem. PV=nRT. Simple algebra, solve for T. A few conversions thrown in to get the units to line up right.

BTW...he DID convert mmHg (aka torr) to atm. If he hadn't, his answer would have been 760 times larger than what he got. Perhaps you should check your own math. It doesn't seem to be very good.

My suspicion is that your book's calculation used 3 significant digits for its values, while IANS used 4 significant digits (which he did). That would account for the small discrepancy.

#710618 Apr 2, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Welcome to my nightmare is a better album, or billion dollar babies..
A matter of opinion, though I do like Billion Dollar Babies. But there are a few tracks on School's that really resonate with me.

#710619 Apr 2, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> I did the math.. It was a quiz and I bet my life the instructor with the PHD knows more than all of you put together.. 188 is wrong.. I will be sure to email him and let him know a bunch of topix nobodies said he was wrong and see if he changes my grade :)
And what precision did you use for your values? 3 significant digits. I know IANS used 4. If that is the case, his answer will be closer to the actual value than yours. His arithmetic is correct. I checked it.

If you used 3, which is a common practice, 185 would be a "correct" answer, but not an exact answer.

But I reiterate...IANS math is correct.

#710620 Apr 2, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
True Truth, for one. A muslim, from Durban, South Africa.
He was on here a few months ago
True Truth. Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

#710621 Apr 3, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
When the Salties aka Estuarine Crocodiles go out to sea, they often get into fights with sharks. They usually win too.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-47599...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/ho...
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/monster-croc...
They have even been known to take a huge water buffalo.
http://www.australiazoo.com.au/our-animals/am...
We had a big fella named Eric in the Reptile Park.
Bluenose is a n Ausie that posts on Topix at times, particularly on the evolution threads. In his younger days, he was a carrier pilot in the Ausie navy. He claims to have flown over a salty swimming in the middle of the Coral Sea.

#710622 Apr 3, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard it said that crocodiles and alligators are the only living dinosaurs. They were around 65 million years ago too.
No, the crocodilians are not dinosaurs. They are only distantly related to them as reptiles. IIRC, crocodiles first appeared about the same time as the dinosaurs did, about 250 million years ago. I'm too danged tire right now to look it up.

I have also heard Komodo dragons referred to as "living dinosaurs" or "descendants of dinosaurs". Also false.

The only descendants of dinosaurs we know of are birds.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#710623 Apr 3, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>That's right, DF. Koalas are not bears, they're marsupials related to the wombat.

They look like cute little teddys tho.
They're so cuddly. Aww.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#710624 Apr 3, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>He is. Maybe he does it on here, because he got bitch-slapped so often in real life.
Can you imagine him talking to women like that here, in public?

Lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 92,942
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 183,688
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min kent 668,054
what are the physical differences between india... (Jun '09) 22 min Das 87
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 46,048
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 619,241
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr AussieBobby 286,113
More from around the web