Prove there's a god.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#710442 Apr 2, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your story is exactly like mine. As a child I just could not believe in the stories and dismissed religion by my early teens. The same when I heard about the Wedge Strategy.
Makes one wonder why some people accept the teachings of religion and some believe it's all a big lie....there's always a percentage who can suss out truth from myth.
Gob

United States

#710443 Apr 2, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect, some Christians share that sane materialistic view as the atheists. I've heard Christians tell me that God provided them with the perfect career, I try to teach them that God did not provide that, He provided them with the knowledge to do it yourself. You think that's a deistic way of looking at it?
You can stick your deity in at any point. It doesn't matter. It's not like anybody can actually demonstrate that any deities are doing anything.

A really clever deity could have created the universe in such a way that it never has to touch it ever again.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#710444 Apr 2, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So are so wrong. There are so many discrepancies in the movie Noah, it is not a Biblically based movie.
Anyone with Biblical knowledge would know that just 5 minutes into the movie, where we see Noah's dad die while Noah is a young boy. That isn't Biblical.
Then there's the stowaway, the rock giants, no 3 daughter in laws, Noah wants the human race to die off, no talking from God to Noah, a lizard dog, etc, etc, etc.
If you think the movie Noah is based on the Biblical telling of Noah, you're completely ignorant of the Biblical telling of Noah.
Did it make you cry?

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#710445 Apr 2, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
You said meteors don't hit the ground.
You were wrong.
I don't get more simpler than that.
LOL! He is STILL arguing about that?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#710446 Apr 2, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
If God wanted to put fetuses and babies out of their misery then it could a) not create them in the first place or b) kill them instantly and painlessly. But instead, it chose to drown them, which was neither quick nor painless.
And if this is such a good idea, why did God promise never to do that again? Because the flood worked, right? Oh wait.
The flood must've worked, here we are, 7 billion of us mostly living in harmony, and the harmony is only increasing.

Thank God.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#710447 Apr 2, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That *was* God's law. It isn't applicable to me or anyone else any more.
Why is God so inconsistent?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#710448 Apr 2, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, RR, Christianity's numbers are rising. Everything's numbers are rising. Relative to the whole, Christianity is in decline. It's losing ground to another religion.
Catholics outnumber all other Christians combined and always have.
Muslims now outnumber Catholics.
That's a recent development!
I'm talking about overall numbers. There is almost 1,000,000,000 more Christians that there are Muslims. And deny it all you want, the Christian population is rising faster than the worlds population.
Gob

United States

#710449 Apr 2, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should clear this IANS. He thinks that I am "as weak as my god".
Tell him that a nonexistent thing can't be weak.
G'head.
Does he mean that you are as weak as your god is described, or that you are as weak as something that doesn't exist, which is absolute weakness?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#710450 Apr 2, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
Did it make you cry?
It frustrated me.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#710451 Apr 2, 2014
Gob wrote:
<quoted text>
You can stick your deity in at any point. It doesn't matter. It's not like anybody can actually demonstrate that any deities are doing anything.
A really clever deity could have created the universe in such a way that it never has to touch it ever again.
Oh. You're a borderline deist, are ya?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#710452 Apr 2, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>None of the above. you call me moron and other shyt, and you expect me to just lay down? if you can't take the heat, don't start the fire! see there you go with that little girl schoo yard BS! the only one of us that runs and tells is you.. I didn't go to prison for telling, and dang sure ain't worried about what some childish woman says.. the red paint you said, you sometimes paint yourself with..Like I said, I am not gonna go back and forth with you like children, if you wanna get to know me, just say so..I just threw that in there :)
Show a post of me saying I sometimes "paint myself with" red paint.

You know, I make comments based on what you write, you just make up shyt, just like a christian and if you're going to make dumbass racist and misogynist comments, people are going to call you on them.

From reading your posts, I can tell I do not want to get to know you.
Gob

United States

#710453 Apr 2, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
That wasn't a rebuttal.
It was an ad hominem fallacy.
The beliefs you expressed are completely divorced from reality. Anyone that doesn't see that won't be able to with any amount of help.

It wasn't a fallacy either, since it wasn't tied to an argument.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#710454 Apr 2, 2014
Gob wrote:
Whenever YOU have an absence of evidence, that's called ignorance, when the evidence does exist.
Absence of expected evidence of a thing is evidence for the absence of that thing.
If you inspected the ends of my arms, and could not detect my hands in any way, then you could say there's an absence of evidence for my hands, which would be evidence for their absence.
I'm just using your version of logic here, you think that absence of evidence means evidence of absense. I have an absense of evidence of your hands, everyone here does. By your conclusion, that absense of evidence is evidence of the absence of your hands.

Derp.
The claim for any deity and any effect that deity has on the universe determines what kind of evidence we would expect in order to confirm that claim.
Unfortunately for you, you don't get to set the ground rules for God.
I don't believe in any.
Riiight.

Have you set ground rules for everything you don't believe in?
We don't need religion at all. We need it gone. It stifles us.
That's one of the stupidest statements ever. Religion has helped bring humanity together in a way nothing else could have. Christianity brought is hospitals, schooling, universities, the onset of science, art, literature, a family structure, peacefulness and togetherness. What has humanism brought? Free wbortions for 13 year olds?
Your opinion of Jesus is also based on a myth.{SNIP}
That's enough of your opinion for one day, you're so negative, your chi and ignorance is bringing me down.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#710455 Apr 2, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm let's see if I can dumb this down for you.
---As soon as the meteor hits the ground, it's no longer a meteor, it's a meteorite.---
It don't get no simpler than that.
Oh, and no one collects asteroids.
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
You said meteors don't hit the ground.
You were wrong.
I don't get more simpler than that.
I guess I can't dumb it down to your level.

I tried.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#710456 Apr 2, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is God so inconsistent?
He isn't. His message is quite clear.

This is why we tell you atheists that "reading" the Bible isn't good enough to understand it.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#710457 Apr 2, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
Eeeks! We don't have moccasins 'round here... too much elevation. We have a healthy population of rattlers and copperheads and I've had some close encounters with those, but nothing like yours.

About moving fast/not remembering... perhaps, but can't recall anything specific at the moment.

There was this one time when an otter tried to help my out of my kayak. It silently surfaced right next to me, literally a foot away from my elbow, just its head visible above the surface. I noticed it and turned to look, first thought being that it was just log or something else inanimate. About half a second passes and it was realized something was looking back at me. We locked eyes and in that exact moment it decided it had seen enough and left in an abrupt and hasty manner.

Exhilarating!
Lol. That's awesome! Seems like you have a healthy respect for animals.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#710458 Apr 2, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible Belt is the world's largest cesspool where the Dark Ages are still thriving.
I feel sorry for decent people who live there. I like Southern folks.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#710459 Apr 2, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>a gay male talking to others about misogyny and they snub the function of the female all together!!!

folks - it just doesn't get any richer than this.......
You're a repugnant little pig, get back in your cage andwank over your hey Zeus.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#710460 Apr 2, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a softie, usually answer yes; I never just ignore him.

But then again, I'm a dad, not a skydaddy.
:-)

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#710461 Apr 2, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Show a post of me saying I sometimes "paint myself with" red paint.
You know, I make comments based on what you write, you just make up shyt, just like a christian and if you're going to make dumbass racist and misogynist comments, people are going to call you on them.
From reading your posts, I can tell I do not want to get to know you.
Doc, I am nothing like I post. you know that you told me you painted yourself red, and I never said anything about it being in a post luci..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min PadMark 673,151
what are the physical differences between india... (Jun '09) 8 min True Christian-Jew 95
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 min bad bob 184,620
Racism, Genocide and BIG OIL 11 min True Christian-Jew 3
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 36 min RiversideRedneck 104,695
News Michael Jackson Called A 'wonderful Humanitarian' (Jul '09) 1 hr Holy Child Jehova... 7,658
Looking for someone GOOD to take my online clas... (Sep '13) 2 hr John 12
More from around the web