“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#709646 Apr 1, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
It looks like one. The older definition of "cobra" means "hooded snake". Problem with that is, most elapids (fixed front-fanged venomous snakes) do make a kind of "hood" (actually just flattening the ribs) to appear bigger, as part of their defensive display. The hood is never used while hunting. Cobras, false cobras, mambas, coral snakes, all make something that can be described as a "hood".
However, as we learnt more aboit the taxonomy of cobras, we find that some of the nost prominent hood makers are very similar: same behaviour, venom types, same scaling, same eye structure. Those we have grouped in the genus Naja (some language for "hooded serpent")
King Cobras have different scaling, plus the pupils of their eyes appear a bit flattened. Hence, they are not grouped under "Naja", but in a seperate Genus (some weird name that I keep forgetting, but its taxanomic name means "snake cannibal" or something to that effect).
So yeah, the King Cobra is not a cobra at all. Cool piece of trivia.
Other wannabe cobras?
Rinkhals - From SA, hooded, spitting snake, not a cobra
Gould's Tree Cobra - I know to little about this snake to comment, but it is huge and very deadly
False Water Cobra - South America. Mildly toxic. Big snake, not even an elapid. May be the biggest colubrid on earth
Thanks for the info. This appears to be an area you're well-versed at, so like I said I'll take your word for it.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#709647 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not called Riverside, that's just a screen name.
I thought you knew.
Why should you think I know what you are called? Egotestical (correct spelling) perhaps? All I have to go on is your screen name.

But OK. Perhaps I should have said “why are you known as…”

Or “why are you addressed on topix as …”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#709648 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That is pure dishonesty and you know it. I called three black kids, drug dealers, that were beating the crap out of another kid for not buying the drugs, monkeys, because they were acting like animals. In no way have I ever said that I see black men or black children, as a whole, as animals. I haven't said that because I don't believe it.
HaHa! would you mourn one of their passing as you would the Grizzly?
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#709649 Apr 1, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Baseball is not Double Fine's thing. We do cricket.
2) Cool story
3) Yeah, sound research can be the answer to understanding the chronology of events.
However,,, you did disqualify those researchers you named. If you feel you can refute their work, please do. But you would have to demonstrate their error.
Can you?
I believe I can, and have. Part of my skill set involves forensic statement analysis. Basically stated, studying the way people write specific details or accounts of events. Now I have to admit that Dr. Carrier has an advantage over me in the number of years he has in the Greek language. But my investigative reasoning can overcome that if I'm careful, honest, and very thorough. He is a sharp guy and likable in his public debates. I haven't met him in person yet.
The rest are amateurs.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#709650 Apr 1, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand it perfectly RR. It's an agenda. They have a need to prove the Bible wrong. If they can do that, they feel justified in maintaining their atheism. That's why they disagree with me when I say that God's speaking wasn't the mechanism that flipped the cosmic light switch.
Genesis 1 states that God said "Let there be light." and then there was. A careful analysis demonstrates that God was declaring an intention, and then He accomplished the goal. It doesn't mean He uttered a cosmic rendition of "hocus pocus" and the light show started.
("Let there be light")------ unknown physical manifestation of energy ----("It is good")
God speaks intention to create ----- unknown process occurs ------ goal accomplished.
Now they have gone to the length of congratulating me for not interpreting it the way they feel the majority of Christians do interpret it. These congratulatory sentiments obviously indicate that both they and I recognize how silly it seems to believe the account in that way. But then they go and disagree with my interpretation and say it's a wrong interpretation!! Why? Because my interpretation removes the need to know ***how*** God created, and puts the focus back where it really belongs; which is ***why*** God created. This interpretation is logically coherent, and removes the empirical inquiry altogether. Remember that the atheist must maintain a naturalistic framework if they want to stay comfortable in that atheism. By correcting that misinterpretation in Genesis 1, the following is accomplished:
1) It puts a crack in the stereotype that we're ignorant of science.
2) It deprives them of a deliberate misrepresentation that they use to maintain their atheism.
3) It causes the honest skeptic to at least consider and reevaluate how the new interpretation ultimately makes more sense and supports the Christian (or Abrahamic theism) worldview.
I thank God for giving me the tools to use reason.:)
I suppose you could be right, it could be an agenda. That makes perfect sense to me. That would explain the constant sky daddy, sky fairy, babble, cheezus, etc. remarks that they constantly use.

Why do atheists have the need to try and disprove the Bible or Christianity to uphold their atheism? That's the part I don't understand. I don't have the need to prove atheists wrong so I can uphold my Christianity.
Major Marshall

Northport, AL

#709651 Apr 1, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I just did you fucktard.
I can tell you are an atheist with that ugly response you just made.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#709652 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sexually immorality in the Bible is found outside of Leviticus too, you know.
Where is homosexuality mentioned besides Leviticus ?
Major Marshall

Northport, AL

#709653 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose you could be right, it could be an agenda. That makes perfect sense to me. That would explain the constant sky daddy, sky fairy, babble, cheezus, etc. remarks that they constantly use.
Why do atheists have the need to try and disprove the Bible or Christianity to uphold their atheism? That's the part I don't understand. I don't have the need to prove atheists wrong so I can uphold my Christianity.
They are heavily burdened to do that because they know that the chances of them being wrong are exceedingly high. It explains the vile outbursts made by atheists.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#709654 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Order Carnivora.
(same as the Grizzly)
<quoted text>
No Ben, humans are not of the order Carnivora.
Bears are order Carnivora.
Humans are order Primates.
You are not university trained, obviously.
I said I erred.

GFY

“Love much, trust none”

There

#709655 Apr 1, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>But who would be lame enough to mourn the passing of grizzlies?
Why do you hate Grizzlies ?

#709656 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That is pure dishonesty and you know it. I called three black kids, drug dealers, that were beating the crap out of another kid for not buying the drugs, monkeys, because they were acting like animals. In no way have I ever said that I see black men or black children, as a whole, as animals. I haven't said that because I don't believe it.
And the fact remains that you called black kids monkeys

Kind of stereotypical of a racist slur – do you agree?

Tell me would you call a group of whit christian kids fighting monkeys?

#709657 Apr 1, 2014
That’s “white” before you go into raptures about an error

“Love much, trust none”

There

#709658 Apr 1, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a detail that you defend with your life, sir.
Yes. Genesis calls said animal a "serpent". Important to note: Not "person". Not "fallen angel". Not "demon". But "Wild animal".
So, do you agree, in Genesis 3, we have a wild animal talking to Adam and Eve in such a specific manner that it tempted Eve to eat from the forbidden tree?
Do you agree that "serpent" when applied to animals (as is the literal interpretation of the word) is a snake?
"I say so ! Thus it is so ! " RiversidePope

“Love much, trust none”

There

#709659 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
.... The levels of temptation are different in people.......
Agreed.

I have never been even tempted to beat a baby like you did.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#709660 Apr 1, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
It also has legs which means it is neither serpent nor snake.
Right!

:-)

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#709661 Apr 1, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
In actual fact, you're staggeringly ignorant about history because you're far too brainwashed and retarded to comprehend that Christian revisionist history isn't history. Once again, if you had an ounce of self-dignity you'd cease making a f*cking azzhole out of yourself in an international forum and seek professional treatment for your mental illness immediately.
Scrooge, please dial back the insults. They don't help your arguments.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#709662 Apr 1, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And the fact remains that you called black kids monkeys
Kind of stereotypical of a racist slur – do you agree?
Tell me would you call a group of whit christian kids fighting monkeys?
RR is typical racist white trash. Our "Bible Belt" is full of them. Seems a large number of them are employable and uneducated and spend their welfare checks on computers and Internet access.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#709663 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually this was about you claiming that waassup might be gay or bi because he talks about homosexuals.
Are you still holding that opinion?
Please cite where I made such a claim.

San Francisco

#709664 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think God needs moral objectivity?
Only if it wants to impose a moral code on others.

San Francisco

#709665 Apr 1, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It is a labor of love, hearing so much twisted "logic", and never being influenced by it. A weaker will mind bend to the will of worms' like yours and not reveal the lies of a logic that bears no resemblance to the real thing.
"It is a fact that cannot be denied: the wickedness of others becomes our own wickedness because it kindles something evil in our own hearts." ~ Carl Jung
It is difficult not to return insult for insult regarding provocative cesspits like you. The revulsion spikes, eventually. But then, that IS pretty much what your job here is, provoking until your opponent finally strikes back then feigning innocence, like your disgusting comments aren't there in black and white for everyone to see.
I will do my best to make sure that the children around me will recognize your idol's "logic" does not exist except inside his own twisted mind...and those he has mesmerized. Hopefully those whose will he has removed may someday regain it.
You, of course, are lost to your perversion.
Life is short nano; don't waste it on bitterness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 6 min travelers 294
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min HipGnosis 175,538
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 7 min Johnny 4,697
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Charlie Sheen 265,011
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 min New Age Spiritual... 604,789
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min New Age Spiritual... 558,975
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 55 min Concerned_American 2,421
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 hr Michael the Archa... 441,753
More from around the web