Prove there's a god.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#709890 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not called Riverside, that's just a screen name.
I thought you knew.
What did you name your "window"?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#709891 Apr 1, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand it perfectly RR. It's an agenda. They have a need to prove the Bible wrong. If they can do that, they feel justified in maintaining their atheism. That's why they disagree with me when I say that God's speaking wasn't the mechanism that flipped the cosmic light switch.
Genesis 1 states that God said "Let there be light." and then there was. A careful analysis demonstrates that God was declaring an intention, and then He accomplished the goal. It doesn't mean He uttered a cosmic rendition of "hocus pocus" and the light show started.
("Let there be light")------ unknown physical manifestation of energy ----("It is good")
God speaks intention to create ----- unknown process occurs ------ goal accomplished.
Now they have gone to the length of congratulating me for not interpreting it the way they feel the majority of Christians do interpret it. These congratulatory sentiments obviously indicate that both they and I recognize how silly it seems to believe the account in that way. But then they go and disagree with my interpretation and say it's a wrong interpretation!! Why? Because my interpretation removes the need to know ***how*** God created, and puts the focus back where it really belongs; which is ***why*** God created. This interpretation is logically coherent, and removes the empirical inquiry altogether. Remember that the atheist must maintain a naturalistic framework if they want to stay comfortable in that atheism. By correcting that misinterpretation in Genesis 1, the following is accomplished:
1) It puts a crack in the stereotype that we're ignorant of science.
2) It deprives them of a deliberate misrepresentation that they use to maintain their atheism.
3) It causes the honest skeptic to at least consider and reevaluate how the new interpretation ultimately makes more sense and supports the Christian (or Abrahamic theism) worldview.
I thank God for giving me the tools to use reason.:)
Now--if you would only use them.......

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#709892 Apr 1, 2014
Question for Christians: how can you worship a deity which would potentially send your own children to Hell for what they believe?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#709893 Apr 1, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
In the 1940's the Supreme court ruled that it applies to all governments throughout the USA.; State and Local.
That has no bearing whatsoever on individual rights of freedom of religion, and the freedom to exercise said religion.

San Francisco

#709894 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Who else's anecdotal evidence? Am I to guess on what you're talking about?
A Hindu's anecdotal evidence for Ganesha. Or a Mormon's for the prophet Joseph Smith. Or John Travolta's for Xenu. Etc etc etc.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#709895 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
Yeah, that's pretty far for me to fall.
;)
You can't fall when you're already at the bottom....
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#709896 Apr 1, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
The perpetuators of the greatest lie ever told are the world's most successful con artists. You're so deluded that you're a slave who thinks he's free. You're a blissfully ignorant brainwashed coward making a f*cking azzhole out of yourself in an international forum and that's no compliment!
Is there anything I can do to piss you off even more? Please let me know so I can do it!!:)

This is fun!!!:D

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#709897 Apr 1, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
What did you name your "window"?
AOL 9.2.3.5

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#709898 Apr 1, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> You will get no argument from me on that RR..
lol
The first time my second husband took me camping he brought half the house with us. When he pulled out a blow dryer I was like "wtf", and he smiled, "All the conveniences of home, baby. We aren't savages are we?" I didn't much see the point of calling it "roughing it" when we basically brought "home" with us. I just wanted to go home and sleep off the affront to my senses; he made it all so artificial, so plastic, so fkg pointless.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#709899 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
A Hindu's anecdotal evidence for Ganesha. Or a Mormon's for the prophet Joseph Smith. Or John Travolta's for Xenu. Etc etc etc.
You're speculating a guess.

Got anything specific that I could respond to?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#709900 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
Question for Christians: how can you worship a deity which would potentially send your own children to Hell for what they believe?
Ya reap what ya sow....

Question for atheists: How could you not worship God which would potentially send you to Hell for not believing in Him?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#709901 Apr 1, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
RR hates Hispanics and he calls black people "monkeys".
Bigotry is the Redneck's way of having fun.

But then again, he doesn't have much else.

San Francisco

#709902 Apr 1, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>lol
The first time my second husband took me camping he brought half the house with us. When he pulled out a blow dryer I was like "wtf", and he smiled, "All the conveniences of home, baby. We aren't savages are we?" I didn't much see the point of calling it "roughing it" when we basically brought "home" with us. I just wanted to go home and sleep off the affront to my senses; he made it all so artificial, so plastic, so fkg pointless.
You were that affected by a hairdryer?

Moreover, Everything humans do could be deemed artificial. If you were wearing shoes, that's artificial too. Unless you were sleeping in a cave, your shelter was artificial. Driving to where you were camping was artificial. Etc etc etc.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#709903 Apr 1, 2014
"The results of a new poll commissioned by the Human Rights Campaign and Americans for Marriage Equality found Thursday that more American voters positively viewed LGBT citizens than evangelical Christians." http://www.topix.com/popular/topstories

San Francisco

#709904 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're speculating a guess.
Got anything specific that I could respond to?
No, I'm confident that Hindus, Moromons, and Scientologists exist. You don't think they do? Moreover, I did give you a specific example in the case of Scientology of John Travolta. Presumably he has anecdotal evidence that Xenu exists, or else he'd pick a different religion.

San Francisco

#709905 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya reap what ya sow....
Um, no, reaping and sowing involve acts. I'm talking about thoughts and beliefs. You know, those things that you think are so intangible as to defy evidence.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#709906 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya reap what ya sow....
Question for atheists: How could you not worship God which would potentially send you to Hell for not believing in Him?
Because I'm not a wimpy coward like you.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#709907 Apr 1, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
We were talking abut bears in the woods.
What do feral dogs have to do with anything ?
Your backstroke needs work.
hahaha, it must be that rabid tard, scrooge that agreed with you. haha...he just adds to the stupid. It must suck to be you.

San Francisco

#709908 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't worship every deity which supposedly punishes non-believers, so ask yourself that question.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#709909 Apr 1, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>lol
I slept out in the woods once with just a sleeping bag. Woke up with one of these on me.

http://www.google.com/imgres...

I jumped, then laughed it off.

You're right, you can't bring a friggin hair dryer camping. Dudes shouldn't be using hair dryers anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 min RiccardoFire 6,480
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min Just Think 599,673
The Christian Atheist debate 46 min Lbj 2,013
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 48 min gurgaon gay 454
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 272,411
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr middleman1 2,780
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 2 hr andet1987 6,302
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 13 hr Neelakaran 7,498
More from around the web