Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#710104 Apr 2, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that what you are saying about yours?
No.

I've been very specific about my testimony.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#710105 Apr 2, 2014
wilderide wrote:

Your argument seems to be predicated on a concept of fairness, yet no one is threatening to torture God for all eternity for what it thinks, I don't see why God would do that to humans.
God makes the rules, not us.

We're supposed to live by His standards, not He to ours.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#710106 Apr 2, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it's not as if evangelicals go out of their way to make themselves lovable. But I don't suppose that would involve you anyway, would it? Are you an evangelical christian?
It's not as if all gays go out of their way to make themselves lovable, either. Unless you think the child milestone members of NAMBLA are lovable...

Do you?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#710107 Apr 2, 2014
wilderide wrote:

Mmmmmm...have you read the reviews of Noah? Me no think you are going to like it much. It doesn't present either Noah or Yahweh in a very favorable light. Nor should it, frankly. How does one present a genocidal maniac who drowns children and pregnant women in a favorable light?
Is there something worse about drowning women and children compared to drowning men?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#710108 Apr 2, 2014
The UN just announced that the biggest threat in the Congo right now is Christian Militias commit genocide (and rape) against Muslims.

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/mobile/ ...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#710109 Apr 2, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, he takes some liberties. For one thing, it's obviously impossible for one guy and his sons to build an ark that big, so in this version they are assisted by giants. Which, interestingly, were mentioned earlier in Genesis (but not in relations to the flood story). There is also a stow-away. There are also giant six-armed angels. And the problem of animals eating and defecating on the boat is solved by having all the animals immediately go to sleep upon settling down in the ark (which is a pretty good solution if you can figure out how to do that).
That's what happens when an atheist makes a Biblical movie, they screw it all up.

Those giants that helped build the ark were fallen angels, that were somehow giant rock guys reminiscent of the Ents in LOTR. Nothing Biblical about them.

The stow away? Nothing Biblical about him.

The sleeping animals with the magic leaf potion? Nothing Biblical about that.

I knew the movie was gonna suck right at the beginning. The atheist director had Noah's dad die while Noah was a young boy, maybe ten. The Bible says that Noah's dad lived to about five years before the Flood. I was like ugh, here we go, an atheist rewriting of the Bible. Again.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#710110 Apr 2, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Why do atheists have the need to try and disprove the Bible or Christianity to uphold their atheism? That's the part I don't understand.
Really? Still?

It's not about your bible. It's the church. Your church is obtrusive and invasive. It is parasitic. It would overrun us all if allowed to do so - like kudzu or locust. They splatter their god on everybody's currency. They try to force prayer and Christian pseudoscience on school children, even secularists' children. They continue to fight against reproductive freedom. They continue to undermine science. They fought legalizing same sex marriage. And you saw the articles I posted on them trying to outlaw masturbation.

If the church could be a good neighbor and treat others as they would like to be treated, we could all be happy and coexists happily. But that's never going to happen. It's never going to stop until it is forced to. And so we gladly point every reason why decent people should reject your church and its claim to authority over their lives.

I'm sure you'll be stumped again about this matter within hours of reading this-

Fennario

#710111 Apr 2, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
The US Constitution does not prevent religion from being taught in schools
Not private or home "schools," but your god was expelled from public school.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#710112 Apr 2, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not as if all gays go out of their way to make themselves lovable, either. Unless you think the child milestone members of NAMBLA are lovable...
Do you?
Yo RR.

I wanted to elaborate on my point of last night, but as soon as I get talking reptiles, I wander off into tangents.

Okay. You guys have a problem in the Everglades; Burmese pythons as the intruder species. Burmese pythons are formidable snakes; they are in the top five largest and longest snake species on earth. Not something you want to tangle with.

Problem is this: the Burmese python was introduced at the top of the food chain of the ecosystem, a spot it shares with alligators. You would agree that the alligator, although a formidabke predator itself, it is nowhere near as imposing as a Nile crocodile, a Saltie, or anything of the sort.

If we had gone and introduced Burmese pythons in Africa, for instance, the Burmese python would be outcompeted in a heartbeat; Lions, hyienas, Nile crocodiles, Rock Pythons, wild dogs, leopards, cheetahs, all compete for essentially the same food sources (there are exceptions, like the elephant hunting lions in the Namib), and you can easily imagine the Burmese python being thumped in the battle for survival.

In Australia, sure they do not have as many imposing land carnivores as Africa, but the Salwater crocodile would have absolutely no problem defending its territory from the intruder snake. Every time the animals encounter each other (juveniles not included), the Saltie is going to come up trumps each time.

Had the Python been introduced in grizzly country, or black bear country, even wolf and cougar country, my guess is that the snake would have had a hard time becoming (and staying) the Apex predator.

What is the effect? Well, food sources that previously were enough for one Apex predator, must suddenly sustain two top predators. What we might see? Prey item numbers depleting, and possibly endangerment of either the source animal or one of the apex predator (the alligator)

Here you can see what we mean with "wildlife conservation".

Fennario

#710113 Apr 2, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
Yet you applaud a man who lacks soundness, but continues to claim his rhetoric is pure logic... " http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacie... ; ...which says much about your own lack of integrity. IANS arguments are disingenuous but he continues with them because it makes him feel powerful to influence other people. I can't imagine being proud of being the master of loons; how lame. It only goes to prove that the med classes were the easiest ones at school, i.e., measure some c's and cut some flesh. Wet work. Any determined person on the high end of average can be a doctor.
nanoanomaly wrote:
Is that anything like IANS "argument" concerning the "logically possible" AND "logically impossible" ghost.
You've sure got a bad case of Acquired IANS Deficiency Syndrome. You just can't stop obsessing over me, can you? Sorry, but I'm spoken for.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#710114 Apr 2, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
The UN just announced that the biggest threat in the Congo right now is Christian Militias commit genocide (and rape) against Muslims.
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/mobile/ ...
Christianity, the religion of tolerance and peace?

They are doing no more than is taught in the babble so should we blame them?

Yes we should, the babble is a book, humanity for the most part rises above the teachings of hatred and intolerance as taught by the various god books sourced in the bronze age. Unfortunately some human beings are too primitive to understand that.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#710115 Apr 2, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
I read a hilarious article today.
http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2014/04/miss-appro...
Ok the subject isn't funny but what is funny is christians going to court over a "in god we trust seal".
Or going to court at all.
I guess they really don't trust in their "god" after all.
Who are these people paying lip service to? Smh.
"They praise God with their lips, but not their hearts." - Jesus

#710116 Apr 2, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo RR.
I wanted to elaborate on my point of last night, but as soon as I get talking reptiles, I wander off into tangents.
Okay. You guys have a problem in the Everglades; Burmese pythons as the intruder species. Burmese pythons are formidable snakes; they are in the top five largest and longest snake species on earth. Not something you want to tangle with.
Problem is this: the Burmese python was introduced at the top of the food chain of the ecosystem, a spot it shares with alligators. You would agree that the alligator, although a formidabke predator itself, it is nowhere near as imposing as a Nile crocodile, a Saltie, or anything of the sort.
If we had gone and introduced Burmese pythons in Africa, for instance, the Burmese python would be outcompeted in a heartbeat; Lions, hyienas, Nile crocodiles, Rock Pythons, wild dogs, leopards, cheetahs, all compete for essentially the same food sources (there are exceptions, like the elephant hunting lions in the Namib), and you can easily imagine the Burmese python being thumped in the battle for survival.
In Australia, sure they do not have as many imposing land carnivores as Africa, but the Salwater crocodile would have absolutely no problem defending its territory from the intruder snake. Every time the animals encounter each other (juveniles not included), the Saltie is going to come up trumps each time.
Had the Python been introduced in grizzly country, or black bear country, even wolf and cougar country, my guess is that the snake would have had a hard time becoming (and staying) the Apex predator.
What is the effect? Well, food sources that previously were enough for one Apex predator, must suddenly sustain two top predators. What we might see? Prey item numbers depleting, and possibly endangerment of either the source animal or one of the apex predator (the alligator)
Here you can see what we mean with "wildlife conservation".
You may find this interesting.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#710117 Apr 2, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>What area do these bear hunters live in?
27 Sates in the USA.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#710118 Apr 2, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Bears are very perceptive of a person's character, most animals are.
"Your dog bit me!"

Yes. He is trained to hunt wild pigs.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#710119 Apr 2, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
In my very early tens (10,11,12) I often went to church by myself and tried to understand and believe what I was being told about God, Jesus, and the beginning of humankind. It never took hold, I could never believe the stories....I knew in my heart that the whole thing was a con, a scam, and common sense told me the stories could not be true.
At the age of 13 I basically came out as an atheist. Over the years before the internet I was not a in your face atheist, just a unbeliever and not afraid to tell people that....if we got into an appropriate discussion.
I did not then, or now, think the Church (generic) was unimportant....I fully understand its social importance and wish them well....except for the fundamentalist denominations.
It took the fundamentalist and their mischievous and very evil wedge strategy and attempts to insert their literal interpretation of the Bible (which I know without a doubt is mostly lies) into our schools and political system (the Republican Party is controlled by right wing religious nuts) to make me more disposed to argue with you and your brethren.
You do know that some (lots) of evangelical fundamentalists want the US controlled by OT laws?
Correct. Many Christians want to institute their equivalent of Shari Law.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#710120 Apr 2, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup...
Which is one reason why I'm not sure where I stand when it comes to taxation of churches. The subject comes up from time to time here.
On the one hand, not taxing churches is kinda like subsidizing religion. On the other, if churches are taxed, then people like Newt can start whining about taxation/fair representation and then do a more effective job of running this country... into the ground.
Our founding fathers wanted churches to thrive with freedom, and wanted religion to thrive with freedom. They knew that the best way to kill a church is to tax it. That's why they set out laws to prevent that from happening.

#710121 Apr 2, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You've sure got a bad case of Acquired IANS Deficiency Syndrome. You just can't stop obsessing over me, can you? Sorry, but I'm spoken for.
Happened to me a couple of times, don’t worry, he/she/it gets over the infatuation in time. The only problem is that he/she/it tends to keep cropping up like a bad penny.

To be honest I am quite pleased that he/she/it is off me at the moment, that’s not source of pleasure for you through. I sympathise

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#710122 Apr 2, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Along the lines of a Unified Theory of Everything. I think the Universe is one entity that can be represented by a single formula and that just as our own assemblage has a consciousness that our individual cells may )or may bot) be conscious of; so too the Universe may have a consciousness that we may (or may not) be aware of.
I guess it is an expansion of the Gaia theory.
Anyway, that is what I call "God" although the Chinese Tao is probably closer.
How does that fit in with your so-called belief in Jesus?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#710123 Apr 2, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
What's so "stupid" about hiking?
We should all just sit around and smoke cigarettes?
It's not that hiking is stupid, it's that humans are so arrogant to think that the animals should just get the hell out of our way so we could go on a hike. And if they don't get out of the way, we'll kill them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 min ChromiuMan 6,232
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Just Think 675,765
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 23 min Chess Jurist 110,449
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 40 min spud 136
Why does shopping feel so good? 3 hr EllaJames 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr uIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 184,765
Something you hope your husband never finds out 7 hr Crazy Guy 1
More from around the web