“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#709565 Apr 1, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
I was sure I wasn't spelling it right, but was too lazy to care much.
Your parents must be very proud.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#709566 Apr 1, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure he(wasssuuupp) already said he was bisexual.
Correct.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#709567 Apr 1, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Hammurabi wasn't a god.
The secular commandments (5-10) occur in every society on the planet for the last 6000 years.
They are requirements of civilization and society.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#709568 Apr 1, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, dear.
"Komodo Dragon" is a common English appelation. So is "Komodo Monitor".
As the biggest lizard in the world, at up to 10 feet and 150 pounds, it's not hard to see how 17th-century explorers might call it a "Dragon".
Properly, it's Varanis komodoensis.
Doesn't fly, doesn't breathe fire, and (VERY IMORTANT!) doesn't speak.
It also has legs which means it is neither serpent nor snake.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#709569 Apr 1, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct!
Jesus couldn't hold a candle to Horus (Osiris)....They are written in stone over and over for many many centuries.
Hell- you can't even produce the 10 commandments.....what a joke!!!!!!
You don't even hold a certified baseball card, so don't walk into any pawn shop with your goods!
Good point. Egypt has a 5000 year old written history.
Sumerian and Canaan have a 6000 year old written history,
The Phoenicians have a 6000 year old history.
The Hebrews lost their magic tablets and magic scrolls 3000 years ago.
The Christians lost their magic scrolls within a couple years of them being written.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#709570 Apr 1, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Never mind the serpent snake defintion game.
Dedinitiin of the term "wild animals" if you will
< RR points to himself. >

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#709571 Apr 1, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I don't know what websites you pulled that from, but they are wildly inaccurate. I had the privilege of studying under some of the best historians and experts on ancient near eastern cultures and religions. The dates I have given are accurate. The version of Mithraism practiced by the pirates isn't the same as that worshipped by the Romans.
<quoted text>
Mithras also has no details of death. So therefore this is evidence that Romans attempted to import Christian beliefs into Mithraism. If you wish to claim otherwise, that's your right. But I'll need to see some ***credible*** evidence of that, and a skeptical/atheist website won't cut it.
I know I'm arrogant about history, and with good reason. I'm very good at it. You'll need to bring heavy scholars in. Murdock, Doherty, Carrier, Harpur, Price are all wrong. And I've written to all of them. They don't like me. I have a Bachelors and I dare to piss in their cornflakes.:) And I have no problem telling somebody with a PhD. they're wrong. Not when I know I'm right. ;)
Yo Ghost

Sorry, but that does not fly. You can call their work wrong, but you readily admit that they hold higher qualifications than you? Does not work that way.

You are, of course, free to refute their work, but simply disqualifying known professionals from the debate is not the route any academic would take

“Love much, trust none”

There

#709572 Apr 1, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hang on a second! Rretard consistently lies.
LOL

Yes. RR is a pathological liar.

#709573 Apr 1, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the best film made
In a ranking 1 to 10 for films I give it a 3 maybe 4
In a ranking of 1 to 10 for Sylvester Stallone films, I’d give it a 15
Good afternoon to the bestest saffa
Hahahaha not much of a Sly fan, are you? Agreed, Demolition Man is at best a poor film.

Stallone is very far from the best actor I jave ever seen, however, I have watched two of his films I found good (6-7 out of 10). One was Rocky Balboa (where he was retired already) and the other one, Dtox, I think it was.

#709574 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm talking about Komodo dragons and you bring up Chuck Norris?
WTH?
Same thing

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#709575 Apr 1, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I'm totally into color. No two walls in any room or outside space in our home have the same color. I have a bathroom in two shades of green, one of blue, and one of lilac. It is also colorfully tiled in the shower and around the sink.
Then there's the garden - my wife's project. The bougainvilleas are brilliant shades of fuschia and magenta, and play beautifully with the blue trumpet vine and the reds of the amaryllis, geraniums, and poinsettias.
Concerning the stereotype, I should mention that we bought this home from two gay men. At that time, the walls, floor tiles, rugs, cabinetry, and furniture were all in beige and tan. It was hopelessly bland.
Needless to say, we put in our own rugs (one zebra, one leopard), had the furniture reupholstered in reds, oranges, blues and purples, painted the walls as I described, and had two large stained glass windows put in.
The house is stuffed with art, much of it religiously themed, including a wall of assorted handmade Mexican crosses in wood, tile and pewter, and various ceramic sculptures in pastels including an ark full of animals and Noah < http://www.angelfire.com/mo3/pbgardenclub/ark... >, and a tree of life with Adam and Eve < http://www.angelfire.com/mo3/pbgardenclub/tre... >.
Did I mention our collection of neon? Palm trees, flamingos and guitars.
You and I seem to have our stereotypes reversed.
It's Mexico, dude.

Vivid colors reign.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#709576 Apr 1, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo RR.
In a book claiming that light showed up before the sun, talking donkeys, people being driven up to heaven in fire charriots, staffs that turns into snakes, bushes that never burn out and people waking up after dying... The biggest flaw you find is "why would god curse the snake to be a snake"?
Let me ask you this. In Genesis 3, what is your take on "..the snake, the cleverest of all the wild animals..."?
Genesis 3 doesn't say that, so I can't comment on what it doesn't say.

We can discuss each and every one of your Biblical misunderstandings if you want, I'd be happy to. Let's take them one at a time.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#709577 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:

God created the temptation,....
BenAdam wrote:
So, based on Christianity, your "God" is "Satan".
No Ben, that's not what I said.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#709578 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Gay sex falls in the "sexual immorality" category,.....
BenAdam wrote:
The Bible , according to your previous posts, says that the ban on homosexuality is only for Levites.
No Ben, that's not what I said.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#709579 Apr 1, 2014
Gob wrote:
Or maybe you're just deluded.
Or maybe God answered my prayer.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#709580 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 3 doesn't say that, so I can't comment on what it doesn't say.
We can discuss each and every one of your Biblical misunderstandings if you want, I'd be happy to. Let's take them one at a time.
Here's the problem:

Biblical truth is an oxymoron.

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#709581 Apr 1, 2014
<quoted text>
Can you link me to your source, or to any other that confirms that? Evidence is a big part of the skeptic's world.
Only "logical" skeptics need apply, nitwit. Giving you evidence of anything that requires rational thought is like feeding creme brulee to a badger and expecting a civilized response.

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#709582 Apr 1, 2014
<quoted text>
Your parents must be very proud.
I was cozy and buzzed....screw you, grandpa. This ain't semester finals.:p

#709583 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. The panda bear is a bear.
Woops. Mea culpa.

Got a case of mistaken identity there.

The small cuddly thing that chills out on eucalyptus, that is a koala. Not a bear.

The big-ass black and white thing that gets off on bamboo, that is a Giant Panda. Most definitely a bear.

Note: there is an animal called a red panda, or red cat-bear. Also not a bear

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#709584 Apr 1, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
Now describe how you've determined, logically, that,..."I consider most sorts of supernatural entities possible but (not) the logically impossible."-IANS
Just exactly HOW do you determine which supernatural entities are "logically" possible and which are not? You cannot. You are a fraud leading the clueless.
I thought it was self-evident, but apparently, not to you.

The logically possible is whatever is not self.contradictory and therefore not logically impossible. The idea of a ghost, a unicorn, a leprechaun, a cyclops, a vampire, or a god is not self-contradictory or logically impossible. They just don't seem to happen to exist.

What is impossible is a perfect god that makes mistakes, or a loving god that permits unnecessary suffering, or an omnipotent god that cannot abide sin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 17 min Qu_innocence 605,044
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min Regina 559,631
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 23 min Dr_Zorderz 265,182
Pastor Rod Parsley’s Father Dies at Age 80 (Jul '13) 32 min Joyce 7
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 35 min MUQ1 37,819
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 42 min duststorm 441,786
Snapchat nudes. Girls add me and will send back... (May '14) 1 hr Clockmaker 35
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Lyndi 175,682
More from around the web