Prove there's a god.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#709982 Apr 1, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of my friends hunt bear. They eat them.
Yeah, same here. At an earlier time in my life I've hunted just about everything that you can hunt in these parts. I never hunted bear. I've had bear quite a bit though. Very good when it's done right. Maybe one of the best wild game I've ever had.
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#709983 Apr 1, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's nice. Were ya wear'n a suit? Or were ya jist wear'n jeans and sandals?
Was it a black bible or a white bible?
Does the bible read any different if ya got yellow or rose colored glasses on?
Ya. Wouldn't it be neat if John Wayne interpreted the bible for us in a "western" attitude?
Um you do realize I'm talking about Western Civilization right? That does not mean the American West. It means, Western Europe and the Americas. And you call yourself educated? LMAO!!

Susie D, get a load of this character will ya? LOL

As wilderide did earlier, <facepalm>

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#709984 Apr 1, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, we are great apes because we and the other great apes share the family Hominidae.
Pandas are not bears because they belong to the order Carnivora. Rather, they are bears because they and other bears share the family Ursidae.
Carnivora includes cats, canines, bears, weasels and a number of other cladistic groups. House cats are in the order Carnivora. That does not make them bears.
I pointed this out earlier, and thought you had got the point. Your short term memory must be really short.
Short and selective.
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#709985 Apr 1, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, same here. At an earlier time in my life I've hunted just about everything that you can hunt in these parts. I never hunted bear. I've had bear quite a bit though. Very good when it's done right. Maybe one of the best wild game I've ever had.
On a serious note, some of the best black bear hunting in the United States is 50 miles north of where I live. The Adirondack Mountains has a large black bear population.
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#709986 Apr 1, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah... that's pretty much how it goes around here.
My closest encounter was about 40 or so feet. I was lounging on a big flat rock, out in the middle of a stream, soaking my feet and getting a little sun. Flowing water drowned out most other noise so I didn't hear anything else. I turned my head to the left, upstream, and there it was... a bear.
"Oh sh!t!"
It stared at me for a few seconds... I stared back... it looked the other way... back at me... then ambled on across the stream and disappeared into the brush. A few seconds later it poked its head out again, I'm guessing to make sure it wasn't being followed... then it was gone.
To me, it was he coolest thing in the world.
That's awesome!! Bears are cool.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#709987 Apr 1, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I can’t do the cinema, big screens make me nauseous and dizzy.
I have it on blue-ray but not watched it yet. Ahh if only there were more time in a day
I have heard some good stuff about it and if Arr Argg says it sucks that’s good enough recommendation for me
:) It's pretty good .
BTW I rarely go to the theater, I pirate them all, but would rather have the better copy when impressed enough. Which means I need a ChristineM copy, that would be a prizem of considerable value.

:)

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#709988 Apr 1, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahaha not much of a Sly fan, are you? Agreed, Demolition Man is at best a poor film.
Stallone is very far from the best actor I jave ever seen, however, I have watched two of his films I found good (6-7 out of 10). One was Rocky Balboa (where he was retired already) and the other one, Dtox, I think it was.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#709989 Apr 1, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
At best Stalone is a poor actor
LOL that's because guys like him don't really act, They just STAR in a film.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#709990 Apr 1, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
However, King Cobra is most certainly not a cobra
It maybe a beverage though?

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#709991 Apr 1, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
No thanks required, just telling the truth.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#709992 Apr 1, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Dinosaurs are one of my big loves, snakes are another.
I think why I love them is is because they are misunderstood. Creatures like the Black Mamba are seen as monsters... Whilst it is an animal with animal instincts and urges. It wants to feed, it wants to mate and it wants to breed. It means us no harm.
Secondly, snakes are just so goddamn MYTHICAL. They are mentioned in the Bible (before the curse we can debate, but after the curse they were snakes) and just about every other religious work in history. Why? Because they damned well are fascinating.
Thirdly, pound for pound they may be the most dangerous vertebrates ever to evolve. Think of it this way. A Black Mamba weighs maybe 10 lbs. There are documented cases of this animal biting and killing adukt African Elephants, that tip the scales at 7000 lbs and upwards to 12000. Where else in the animal kingdom do you see this ability?
Lastly. To add to the point before. The last terrestial animal that would have been capable of killing an adult African Elephant with one bite, was Tyrannosaurus Rex. And now Black Mamba does it. That is some damned big boots to fill.
Cobsider this: Consider that deadliness and then imagine it in an animal that is able to scavenge small prey items. Dinosaurs died because of their massive apetite that could not be fulfilled; sbakes would not have this problem. T-Rex could not hide in a burrow to avoid the catastrophe, even the biggest and heaviest snake on earth can fit into holes you can hardly put your leg into.
Lastly.... Current species on earth are kind of wusses compared to earlier i the fossil record. Us human are one big exception, for our advanced technology. But most other animals just took the less mean route. Polar bears, lions and tigers all look pathetic next to Spinosaurs and Tyrannosaurus. Elephants (even Mastodons and Mammoths) look tame next to Triceratops and dwarved by creatures like Argentinasaurus or Sauraposeidon. In the water? Yeah, Salties are cool, Great Whites are cool. But they totally suck against Sarkosuchus, Mozasaurus and Predator X. And against Megalodon, the largest carnivore ever to exist? They would not even register as "prey" to that monster. However... The Black Mamba has the most efficient venom delivery system of all snakes in the fossil record. The peak of evolution for snakes is now!
That is why I like'm
"Thirdly, pound for pound they may be the most dangerous vertebrates ever to evolve"

On this I MUST strongly disagree with much protest

Humans are the icing, but the mammal take the cake.

Come look and see...

These lil fellers ain't even got a gun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#709993 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
How's that? You mean like some kind of "life force"?
IMO - the term "life force" has many connotations.

I would like to think it is an energy force of some sort.....as energy is pretty much a prominent "force" in nature and the universe.

- gravity
- light
- rotation speed
- thoughts

etc...etc...etc....I could probably come up with many, many more, but I think you get my point.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#709994 Apr 1, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
That's awesome!! Bears are cool.
It was awesome... paralyzingly so at first. They usually run. Don't know how long that one watched me before it was noticed, but it wasn't in any hurry.

The hike out was exciting too. A pine tree had fell across the trail. I crawled over it on the way in, and started to do the same on the way out. As soon as I threw my leg over, three deer jumped up and bolted off into the woods.

SCARED THE CRAP OUTTA ME!
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#709995 Apr 1, 2014
Gob wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know you're not deluded?
Hint: You wouldn't know.
Other people have to tell you.
<quoted text>
A lot of people who have delusions of alien abductions only claim a single experience.
You've also claimed that some of your prayers are answered. People who believe in other deities make the same claims for the same reasons.
<quoted text>
A large portion of your worldview is delusional. You believe certain things are true without having valid evidence that supports them as true. Religious indoctrination and faith tend to damage your ability to evaluate information, giving you a distorted perception of reality that conforms to the particular beliefs you were indoctrinated to have. That is a delusion.
<quoted text>
I would never expect you to see it.
Religious faith protects itself. You're heavily invested in this delusion. It satisfies many of your emotional needs. You've incorporated it into your identity.
<quoted text>
I'm a rational skeptic. I don't label things "miracles".
If I see something I can't explain or understand, I'm comfortable remaining ignorant about it. I don't jump to unsupported conclusions.
<quoted text>
I watched it.
Did you investigate? What do you think happened there?
investigate it yourself !! of course the boy was healed. if you think God did not heal that boy, then there is something wrong with you. the reality is, Miracles and God are real. if you think there is no Miracle and there is no God, then you are living in fantasy. you really need a medication. you are mentally sick !!!

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#709996 Apr 1, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Dinosaurs are one of my big loves, snakes are another.
I think why I love them is is because they are misunderstood. Creatures like the Black Mamba are seen as monsters... Whilst it is an animal with animal instincts and urges. It wants to feed, it wants to mate and it wants to breed. It means us no harm.
Secondly, snakes are just so goddamn MYTHICAL. They are mentioned in the Bible (before the curse we can debate, but after the curse they were snakes) and just about every other religious work in history. Why? Because they damned well are fascinating.
Thirdly, pound for pound they may be the most dangerous vertebrates ever to evolve. Think of it this way. A Black Mamba weighs maybe 10 lbs. There are documented cases of this animal biting and killing adukt African Elephants, that tip the scales at 7000 lbs and upwards to 12000. Where else in the animal kingdom do you see this ability?
Lastly. To add to the point before. The last terrestial animal that would have been capable of killing an adult African Elephant with one bite, was Tyrannosaurus Rex. And now Black Mamba does it. That is some damned big boots to fill.
Cobsider this: Consider that deadliness and then imagine it in an animal that is able to scavenge small prey items. Dinosaurs died because of their massive apetite that could not be fulfilled; sbakes would not have this problem. T-Rex could not hide in a burrow to avoid the catastrophe, even the biggest and heaviest snake on earth can fit into holes you can hardly put your leg into.
Lastly.... Current species on earth are kind of wusses compared to earlier i the fossil record. Us human are one big exception, for our advanced technology. But most other animals just took the less mean route. Polar bears, lions and tigers all look pathetic next to Spinosaurs and Tyrannosaurus. Elephants (even Mastodons and Mammoths) look tame next to Triceratops and dwarved by creatures like Argentinasaurus or Sauraposeidon. In the water? Yeah, Salties are cool, Great Whites are cool. But they totally suck against Sarkosuchus, Mozasaurus and Predator X. And against Megalodon, the largest carnivore ever to exist? They would not even register as "prey" to that monster. However... The Black Mamba has the most efficient venom delivery system of all snakes in the fossil record. The peak of evolution for snakes is now!
That is why I like'm
Let me reiterate my personal argument, though I'm quite interested in these reptiles and they deserve my respect as well as command it.

There is nothing in this world like the mammals.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#709997 Apr 1, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>My point was....that of all those that go extinct, bears won't be a species I would miss. Not that they will likely go during my lifetime.
There's a hint in my profile, duh. I like to hike and I hate anything that might eat me when it's not even fkg hungry. Bears are nasty beasts.
So that's why you're sceered of guys.
LOL

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#709998 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I would never go to an area where a wild bear might be living, I'm not that stupid.
Chicken of Russians huh?
I'm packing and loaded for bear.:)>

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#709999 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, he takes some liberties. For one thing, it's obviously impossible for one guy and his sons to build an ark that big, so in this version they are assisted by giants. Which, interestingly, were mentioned earlier in Genesis (but not in relations to the flood story). There is also a stow-away. There are also giant six-armed angels. And the problem of animals eating and defecating on the boat is solved by having all the animals immediately go to sleep upon settling down in the ark (which is a pretty good solution if you can figure out how to do that).
ypu

With the Christian God being able to make things ex-nihilo, you would think a more elegant solutions to God's dilemma would be to simply 'poof' every thing out of existence and start over with new 'Adam and Eve' and a command built in not to 'sin'

Humans don't seem to be able to follow the God/Christian rules....also you would think a creative God would know this and fix it or make allowances. Stupid stories and religion.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#710000 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey man, I agree. What pisses me off is when people going to nature and bitch that it's too natural for them, like some people wanting to shoot bears because the bears are on the damn hiking trail.
Actually Hiking with the idea that this is nothing but a bear trail, seems the idea more than a pleasure hike, or why else would you go hunting for one?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#710001 Apr 1, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I find it sublimely delicious that a man like cousin jethro described your mind as a cesspit. He is, or rather was, a poster with a mind finer tuned than yours will ever be. Too bad Topix is now stuck with crap like you. You are no friend to anybody, you are more like a trapdoor spider than anything. I feel for anybody that looks to you for any kind of answers. Your ego proceeds you like the smell of newly plowed roadkill.
I seem to have captivated your attention. You seem to obsess over my posts

I also seem to make you feel terrible. You seem bothered to the point of a public display of rage.

Sorry, but I think it's mostly you. I don't give you cause for these meltdowns.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 min Toby 105,572
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Catcher1 48,513
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min here 281,250
Gay sex in ct 10 min Gayboy17 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min Holy Eat Me 646,538
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 29 min Student 44,681
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 445,713
More from around the web