Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#709906 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya reap what ya sow....
Question for atheists: How could you not worship God which would potentially send you to Hell for not believing in Him?
Because I'm not a wimpy coward like you.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#709907 Apr 1, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
We were talking abut bears in the woods.
What do feral dogs have to do with anything ?
Your backstroke needs work.
hahaha, it must be that rabid tard, scrooge that agreed with you. haha...he just adds to the stupid. It must suck to be you.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#709908 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Question for atheists: How could you not worship God which would potentially send you to Hell for not believing in Him?
You don't worship every deity which supposedly punishes non-believers, so ask yourself that question.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#709909 Apr 1, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>lol
The first time my second husband took me camping he brought half the house with us. When he pulled out a blow dryer I was like "wtf", and he smiled, "All the conveniences of home, baby. We aren't savages are we?" I didn't much see the point of calling it "roughing it" when we basically brought "home" with us. I just wanted to go home and sleep off the affront to my senses; he made it all so artificial, so plastic, so fkg pointless.
I slept out in the woods once with just a sleeping bag. Woke up with one of these on me.

http://www.google.com/imgres...

I jumped, then laughed it off.

You're right, you can't bring a friggin hair dryer camping. Dudes shouldn't be using hair dryers anyway.

Location hidden

#709910 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
You were that affected by a hairdryer?
Moreover, Everything humans do could be deemed artificial. If you were wearing shoes, that's artificial too. Unless you were sleeping in a cave, your shelter was artificial. Driving to where you were camping was artificial. Etc etc etc.
You had to be there to grasp how ludicrous the scene was.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#709911 Apr 1, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
"The results of a new poll commissioned by the Human Rights Campaign and Americans for Marriage Equality found Thursday that more American voters positively viewed LGBT citizens than evangelical Christians." http://www.topix.com/popular/topstories
That's no surprise. Generally gay people are alot more fun than evangelicals. But regardless, I like the fact that this issue makes people take a closer look at what the Bible says, and they see how nonsensical most of it is.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#709912 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
You were that affected by a hairdryer?
Moreover, Everything humans do could be deemed artificial. If you were wearing shoes, that's artificial too. Unless you were sleeping in a cave, your shelter was artificial. Driving to where you were camping was artificial. Etc etc etc.
Taking a shit isn't artificial.

Just sayin...

Hey, if a bear shits in the woods and no ones around to smell it.....

Location hidden

#709913 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that's pretty far for me to fall.
;)
You've done worse.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#709914 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm confident that Hindus, Moromons, and Scientologists exist. You don't think they do? Moreover, I did give you a specific example in the case of Scientology of John Travolta. Presumably he has anecdotal evidence that Xenu exists, or else he'd pick a different religion.
Basically you're saying "What about that one guy from that one religion has anecdotal evidence that his one god spoke to him that one time, what do you say to that?"

Capisce?

If you can't be specific, don't even bother.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#709915 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, that's how it went. Poor waaasup brings up sex (of every sort) constantly for years on these threads. It seems to be an obsession, and I'm kinda sad for him. Evidently his religion isn't giving him what he wants.
Yes it is....it's givv'n it to 'em -right in the azz.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#709916 Apr 1, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>And the fact remains that you called black kids monkeys

Kind of stereotypical of a racist slur – do you agree?

Tell me would you call a group of whit christian kids fighting monkeys?
His racism justification story has changed more than three times.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#709917 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, no, reaping and sowing involve acts. I'm talking about thoughts and beliefs. You know, those things that you think are so intangible as to defy evidence.
Reaping and sowing means you get out what you give in.

If you give out no respect or love for God, you get none in return.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#709918 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't worship every deity which supposedly punishes non-believers, so ask yourself that question.
I don't believe in other deities, so there's no debate about it.

I don't spend my time arguing that which I don't believe in.

You see, I'm not an atheist.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#709919 Apr 1, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
"The results of a new poll commissioned by the Human Rights Campaign and Americans for Marriage Equality found Thursday that more American voters positively viewed LGBT citizens than evangelical Christians." http://www.topix.com/popular/topstories
wilderide wrote:
That's no surprise. Generally gay people are alot more fun than evangelicals. But regardless, I like the fact that this issue makes people take a closer look at what the Bible says, and they see how nonsensical most of it is.
No way! The "Human Rights Campaign and Americans for Marriage Equality" thinks that gays are more fun to be around!

That's amazing!

lulz

what else would you expect?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#709920 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Ramen bro.

Location hidden

#709921 Apr 1, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
A poll, a poll, my kingdom for a poll!

You are hilarious. Anybody who ever went college knows you can manipulate a poll to reflect whatever yo want it to. Like anybody intelligent would ever take that, particular one seriously. Yeah, right, a gay group that pushes gay marriage doing a poll on the approval of society for gay marriage. What a hoot.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#709922 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
Question for Christians: how can you worship a deity which would potentially send your own children to Hell for what they believe?
Thou shalt stone a disobedient son to death.

"Screw waiting for God to send them to Hell, Send them there yourself !"

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#709923 Apr 1, 2014
“The primary target of teabaggers (their chosen name) and the religious right is the 1st and 14th Amendments, Article VI, Section 2, and Article III Sections 1 and 2 that defines the Constitution as the supreme law of the land and the judicial branch as the arbiter of the constitutionality of any law. Although the frequency of challenges to the Constitution’s validity as the law of the land have increased since the election of the first African American President, the efforts to reject the Constitution began in earnest well over 75 years ago. The primary argument of those who hate the Constitution is that **“the word of God as revealed in the Bible takes priority over all human knowledge,”**and it is used today more than in 1927 when theocrats argued the bible should be taught in public schools. Forty-one years later, the Supreme Court ruled in Epperson v. Arkansas that banning the teaching of evolution contravened the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment because the theocrats primary purpose in teaching the bible as science is purely religious.”
http://ukiahcommunityblog.wordpress.com/2014/...

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#709924 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Reaping and sowing means you get out what you give in.
If you give out no respect or love for God, you get none in return.
I give respect and love to those I respect and love.

I have no reason to give respect or love to a mythical being.

If I want to waste time, I'll do it here, on Topix, for leisurely entertainment.

Besides, I don't trust gods.

They kill horses.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#709925 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That has no bearing whatsoever on individual rights of freedom of religion, and the freedom to exercise said religion.
Putting only one cult's opinion into public schools IS establishing a religion and also discriminating against every other religion.

I bet you fundies would have a shitfit if public schools started teaching catechism to your kids.

What if we took down the ten commandments from courtrooms and hung up Shari Laws instead ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Buck Crick 63,281
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min Pad 653,608
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 20 min DebraE 106,466
UNICORNS In the Bible 30 min question 8
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 35 min crucifiedguy 281,818
life 36 min Rob Juanought 5
Screw God 41 min Rob Juanought 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr Steve III 618,740
More from around the web