Prove there's a god.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#709999 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, he takes some liberties. For one thing, it's obviously impossible for one guy and his sons to build an ark that big, so in this version they are assisted by giants. Which, interestingly, were mentioned earlier in Genesis (but not in relations to the flood story). There is also a stow-away. There are also giant six-armed angels. And the problem of animals eating and defecating on the boat is solved by having all the animals immediately go to sleep upon settling down in the ark (which is a pretty good solution if you can figure out how to do that).
ypu

With the Christian God being able to make things ex-nihilo, you would think a more elegant solutions to God's dilemma would be to simply 'poof' every thing out of existence and start over with new 'Adam and Eve' and a command built in not to 'sin'

Humans don't seem to be able to follow the God/Christian rules....also you would think a creative God would know this and fix it or make allowances. Stupid stories and religion.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#710000 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey man, I agree. What pisses me off is when people going to nature and bitch that it's too natural for them, like some people wanting to shoot bears because the bears are on the damn hiking trail.
Actually Hiking with the idea that this is nothing but a bear trail, seems the idea more than a pleasure hike, or why else would you go hunting for one?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#710001 Apr 1, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I find it sublimely delicious that a man like cousin jethro described your mind as a cesspit. He is, or rather was, a poster with a mind finer tuned than yours will ever be. Too bad Topix is now stuck with crap like you. You are no friend to anybody, you are more like a trapdoor spider than anything. I feel for anybody that looks to you for any kind of answers. Your ego proceeds you like the smell of newly plowed roadkill.
I seem to have captivated your attention. You seem to obsess over my posts

I also seem to make you feel terrible. You seem bothered to the point of a public display of rage.

Sorry, but I think it's mostly you. I don't give you cause for these meltdowns.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#710002 Apr 1, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's more fun to hunt bare.
Well some may hunt bear all bared , but this goal ends being eaten.

Wear carrots at least ...sheesh...LOL

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#710003 Apr 1, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
What's so "stupid" about hiking?
We should all just sit around and smoke cigarettes?
After eating the bear .....it's a good smoke..

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#710004 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm. Ok, but if we couldn't detect it, for our purposes it might as well not exist, right?
The Unified Theory of Everything has been solved and the answer is 41

:-)

Fennario

#710005 Apr 1, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
"Urge" and "will" are not set at one level. People have different levels of will and desire, just as they do "intellect"
What would you know about normal human experience? Your psyche is about as deformed as any I've ever encountered. Your behavior is nothing like anybody else I know. You just spit venom like a malevolent viper. I don't know how you got to be that way, but I'm pretty sure that you have nothing helpful to tell me about anything.

Fennario

#710006 Apr 1, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
But who would be lame enough to mourn the passing of grizzlies?
Really?

This is exactly what I mean about you not being fully human - not fully partaking in our shared experience. You're more like a reptile or an arthropod.

Did you have young?

“Faith = Trust”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#710007 Apr 1, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
It was awesome... paralyzingly so at first. They usually run. Don't know how long that one watched me before it was noticed, but it wasn't in any hurry.
The hike out was exciting too. A pine tree had fell across the trail. I crawled over it on the way in, and started to do the same on the way out. As soon as I threw my leg over, three deer jumped up and bolted off into the woods.
SCARED THE CRAP OUTTA ME!
I know, right? Dontcha hate that? LOL

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#710008 Apr 1, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> After eating the bear .....it's a good smoke..
I ain't eatin' no freggin' bear.

As far as RR goes, he might be a good camping buddy at that. Let 'em smoke.

With him and his lungs around, no one else would need to outrun a bear.

“Faith = Trust”

Location hidden

#710009 Apr 1, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
The Unified Theory of Everything has been solved and the answer is 41
:-)
Are you sure it's not 42? You might be short changing yourself.:)

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#710013 Apr 1, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, right? Dontcha hate that? LOL
Turkeys are every bit as "alarming" in that respect. They just sit there 'til yer right on top of 'em.

Fuggin' azzholes!

“Faith = Trust”

Location hidden

#710014 Apr 1, 2014
cup of coffee wrote:
<quoted text>
Scrooge is another moderator abusing his powers. My lawyer is going to have a blast putting you behind bars.
Scrooge has some issues. He needs to understand the politically incorrect use of the word "retard." I don't think he has the ability to comprehend. Maybe this video will help.:)

Chris Titus

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#710015 Apr 1, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
I ain't eatin' no freggin' bear.
As far as RR goes, he might be a good camping buddy at that. Let 'em smoke.
With him and his lungs around, no one else would need to outrun a bear.
Well why are you hiking up to bear for? To be eaten alive?

Fennario

#710016 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Look at how your hatred of Christianity perverts your logic.

It would be socially irresponsible to be aware of what the church actually is yet not to object to the burden that it imposes.

I have no expectation that people of faith will agree with that, I believe that non-Christians can be taught what Christianity actually is by a growing army of of unbelievers armed with more information and a greater sense of mission. We see it in the skeptical organizations' lawsuits and billboard campaigns, we see it in the blogs, it's reflected in the entertainment media and even here on Internet message board, where skeptical posters are much better informed than we were a few years ago, much more self-assured, and far less interested in showing deference to faith or religion than they were a few years ago.

We are not all irrational haters and bigots. We have a good case that resonates with growing numbers of people..

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#710017 Apr 1, 2014
G'night, all.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#710018 Apr 1, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Turkeys are every bit as "alarming" in that respect. They just sit there 'til yer right on top of 'em.
Fuggin' azzholes!
Gosh Hukt are a veggesaurus or something?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#710019 Apr 1, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Well why are you hiking up to bear for? To be eaten alive?
Ain't nothin' keeping me outta the forest.

I feel safer around them bear than I do around most of the people I know... and it isn't like they're encountered every single trip. A cow bell hanging from one's backpack lets 'em know yer coming and they skedaddle long before a bad situation arises.

G'night.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#710020 Apr 1, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
On a serious note, some of the best black bear hunting in the United States is 50 miles north of where I live. The Adirondack Mountains has a large black bear population.
yeah, I live right next to an area where Wildlife Management relocates nuisance bear in the southeast region to the Cherokee National Forest.

They're all over.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#710021 Apr 1, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Gosh Hukt are a veggesaurus or something?
Dangit, Aura... I gotsta git up early.

Since you ask...

I eat very, very little meat... and none of it come from grocery stores.

G'night.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 24,634
News Gov. Abbott suggests 'bathroom bill' is likely ... 2 hr e williams 3
Sarah George 3 hr Rememberboys 1
News GOP not interested in health care for us 3 hr discocrisco 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr PadMark 685,462
OVERWHELMED...by God's blessings 6 hr Doctor REALITY 12
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr Jake999 619,749
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 6 hr Doctor REALITY 32
More from around the web