Prove there's a god.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#709769 Apr 1, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah. Good. You caught your own mistake, and are willing to admit it.
Unlike so many of the theists who never ever admit to a mistake.
Of course I admit my mistakes.
I try to do so as soon as possible.
I do not have to lie for my beliefs. Seems I will never be able to be a "Real Christian".

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#709770 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine then narrow it down to their family, Ursidae.
Giant Pandas are bears.
I will also point out that it is only a couple of decades ago that this fact was put beyond debate. It was not until genetic sequencing was available that it was shown how close panda DNA was to the DNA of other bears, proving the close evolutionary relation.

Thank you for admitting to evolution.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#709771 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have offered you plenty of examples of serpents that are not snakes...
There you go lying again.

Name one member of the order Serpentes that is not a snake.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#709772 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Ben. I'm just really tired of playing the "No, Ben. That's not what I said" game.
Then stop playing your pathetic word games.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#709773 Apr 1, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
1) The killing of the firstborn doesn't even come close to a charge of infanticide. You're reading infants into the narrative. The firstborn of every family would die. In a family, a father might be the first born among his own siblings, and have 3 children of his own. He might be 40 years old at the time of the passover. If his oldest child was 18, then he and his oldest child would both die. It wasn't about killing babies. The Red Sea parting was not the miracle. The Jewish people escaping the Pharoah was the miracle. Scientists have shown how a natural occurrence called a "set down" could cause the Red Sea to part on a very long and very narrow shelf or stretch of land. If God is timeless, and immaterial, then He is not subject to natural laws, so He could in theory manipulate atmospheric conditions to allow this event to happen. Possessions have been documented throughout history, and in our own time have been medically confirmed (at least the injuries).
2) Tell me why my reading and interpretation is wrong. I'm really curious to see why you feel that way.
1) okay, apologies. Not mass infanticide, genocide. Got that.

2) Your claims about the physical abilities of your god is - in the kindest terms - an unsubstantiated, unfalsifiable claim. If you claim that you are in contact with a deity with the abilities to create an object the size of the sun within a day, please, prove it for us. Have your deity lift up Everest. Or push the moon way further back for a day.

3) Interprwtation of what?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#709774 Apr 1, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he make that argument? LOL. Yeah Bill, whatever. But that isn't half as good as Gingrich pursuing Clinton for having an affair while having one of his own AND serving his wife with divorce papers while she was in the hospital recovering from cancer surgery. And now he has converted to Catholicism, after getting divorced twice. And still presumes to blovate about morality. You can't make this stuff up.
The only thing worse than scumbag POS is a scumbag POS preaching their "Perfect Religion".

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#709775 Apr 1, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
What are you calling Christian advancements?
The technological and scientific advancements that Christians have done for the past few millennia.

"Since we astronomers are priests of the highest God in regard to the book of nature, it befits us to be thoughtful, not of the glory of our minds, but rather, above else, of the glory of God." -Kepler

I know you don't want to acknowledge that any Christian could think rationally, but that's just your biases talking.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#709776 Apr 1, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
How 'bout this'n...
“See, when I smoked pot it was illegal, but not immoral,” Gingrich reportedly told Wall Street Journal reporter Hilary Stout in 1996.“Now, it is illegal AND immoral. The law didn’t change, only the morality… That’s why you get to go to jail and I don’t.”
Sadly, their are plenty of this kind of theocratic scumbag running our country...into the ground.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#709777 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine then narrow it down to their family, Ursidae.
Giant Pandas are bears.
So, Red Pandas must be bears, right ?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#709778 Apr 1, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
We have copies of Genesis from 200 BC. Ever hear of the Dead Sea Scrolls ?
The Hebrew Scriptures were not written down until after the Babylonian Conquest circa 500 BC.
The earliest fragment of any Hebrew scripture is on a small silver scroll dated to around 600 BC
So? Modern scholars estimate Genesis being written somewhere between 3000-1450 BC.

But it's just an estimate.

I've also read articles that put Adam writing in cuneiform some 5,000 years ago.

But it's all speculation.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#709779 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
3. I think the fact is that both authors knew the serpent was Satan......
BenAdam wrote:
WTF ?
You asked them ?
Two deities wrote Genesis ?
No, Ben. That's not what I said.

"Both authors", as in the author of Genesis and the author of Revelations.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#709780 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The technological and scientific advancements that Christians have done for the past few millennia.
"Since we astronomers are priests of the highest God in regard to the book of nature, it befits us to be thoughtful, not of the glory of our minds, but rather, above else, of the glory of God." -Kepler
I know you don't want to acknowledge that any Christian could think rationally, but that's just your biases talking.
There are millions of highly intelligent and rational Christians.
You just aren't one of them. You are neither intelligent nor rational.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#709781 Apr 1, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
Religious indoctrination requires ignorance and cowardice resulting in arrogance and intolerance. You come across as an especially severe case of mental retardation via Christian indoctrination who lacks the intelligence, common sense and courage to seek professional help for your mental illness. You're an utterly despicable coward!
Ghost Writer wrote:
I'll take that as a compliment.
You were born free then enslaved by a religious cult and completely milked of your free will to be free again. The willing slave is a national embarrassment, disgrace to the human race and complete waste of a sperm cell. No, brainwashed coward, that's not a compliment!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#709782 Apr 1, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
He also admitted that Humans are Apes by using Primates in response to my error.
Oh I see, humans are apes because we both share the same order of "primates", but grizzlies and pandas aren't both bears even though they say share the same order of "Carnivora".

You know how stupid you sound, purfesir?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#709783 Apr 1, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
He also admitted that Humans are Apes by using Primates in response to my error.
You're saying that humans are apes because we both share the same order of 'primate', but pandas and grizzlies aren't both bears even though they share the same order of 'Carnivora'.

Do you know how stupid that sounds, purfesir?

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#709785 Apr 1, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
There are millions of highly intelligent and rational Christians.
You just aren't one of them. You are neither intelligent nor rational.
The Redneck is a product of brainwashing/indoctrination, leading to severe mental damage.

But there's no point in telling him that.

You'll just be beating a dead horse.

#709786 Apr 1, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Around these parts, the Eastern Hog-nosed snake, sometimes called the spreading adder, spreads a hood like a cobra but is non-venomous. It is a purely defensive adaptation.
I was about 12 when I first came upon one. I had never heard of them. I knew about cobras but also knew there were no cobras here. I was a startled and confused youngster.
It is very common, the flattening of the head, the pushing out of the ribs. Sure, you did no know better at age 12
But me, not knowing your fauna, would also perceive that snake as deadly.

"If you cannot be a killer animal, it is best to mimic one" - Evolution

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#709787 Apr 1, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get the impression that Susie suffers from low self esteem?
Besides, there are worse things than being ridiculous, and wouldn't you agree that I do have some "talent"?
"Virtual" talent.

xD

#709788 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Remind me to never get into another argument about dinosaurs with you, okay?
I don't know if you seen this, but it's pretty cool. A python eating an alligator.
WARNING EXPLICIT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =dVRhRzE_AkQXX&sns=em
Very cool.
I understand you guys have some intruder species problems that side. It is a shame and should be a criminal offense to introduce those animals into the wild. Pythons are seriously mean predators; they are fast, powerful and damned aggressive.
What is so bad about what is happening by you, is that in that area (Everglades, is it?) is because the snake is introduced at the top of the food chain. If you introduced that snake in Africa, the Amazon or heck, even the areas where your grizzlies, wolves and cougars live, the snake would be outcompeted and eradicated by natural means. Sadly, only one predator to compete, and the alligator is a much less sturdy opponent than say, a Nile crocodile or a Saltie.
So now, the intruder gets his foothold

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#709789 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your deal with bears?
My point was....that of all those that go extinct, bears won't be a species I would miss. Not that they will likely go during my lifetime.

There's a hint in my profile, duh. I like to hike and I hate anything that might eat me when it's not even fkg hungry. Bears are nasty beasts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min kent 670,439
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr RiversideRedneck 100,764
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Ricky F 184,296
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 6 hr andet1987 58
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 7 hr lightbeamrider 4,034
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 9 hr Shiralee 445,659
___*Antichrist, Global SIGNS, Forewarnings___ 9 hr YTube2017News 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 hr Rob Ford Sr 286,457
More from around the web