Prove there's a god.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#709436 Mar 31, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not drinking anything at all. Answer the question.
If Satan appeared as a snake, as you suggest, why did God curse the snake to be a snake?
Did you ever see that old bible movie that showed a black human-shaped silhouette slinking around on the garden tree and then after he/it had done the deed he/it slithered down the rest of the trunk as a black, legless shape? I'm unsure of the title, as I only caught a few moments of it on my way out somewhere.

There's a famous painting that reminds me of it, beautiful coloration.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#709437 Mar 31, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Poor bigoted you, blaming all of mankind's shortcomings on religion.
Where, exactly, did I ever say that?

You've been smoking something again, and it's damaging your brain.

Location hidden

#709438 Mar 31, 2014
Not my favorite Rousseau...

http://www.artcyclopedia.com/masterscans/Henr...

...still, nice light and color. Reminds me of a Polish artist.

#709439 Mar 31, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
Argument from authority is completely valid if that authority has spent countless hours researching and analyzing historical artifacts and written accounts with very specific rules governing how conclusions are made.
The amount of evidence I could give for Jesus is staggering in both quantity and quality.
I could go into subjects you've never even thought of, or knew existed to show the existence of Christ. If I were to write an academic essay and post it here based upon my own knowledge and research, it would leave you stunned, or blind from all the heavy reading.
Or somebody would complain about me spamming the forum with a 100,000 word tour de force of historical facts, methodologies, and other concepts that are too much for the skeptical brain to absorb in one sitting.:)
But I'm willing to try if you think you can handle it.
The problem is that you present an authority, and then claim your authority is better than other authorities...without giving reasons. You just declare it so. So, yes, an argument from authority.

#709440 Mar 31, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
The amount of evidence I could give for Jesus is staggering in both quantity and quality.
You are welcome to try, but I seriously doubt you can fulfill your promise. I have had quite a number of people give what they though was staggering evidence of Jesus but it was actually lame at best.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#709441 Mar 31, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Flaming tardwad pervert. Sex has nothing to do with it and you know it.
That's exactly how YOU twisted and presented it pervert.
Feel free to call me names in your anger all you waNT...it is all record.
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#709442 Mar 31, 2014
karl44 wrote:
there is a great deal of evidence to suggest that the character "jesus the christ" was created as an amalgamation of more ancient mythology.
Ah, a fresh victim. And one of my favorites to boot.:) Ready cupcake?

Let's start with an Jesus mythicist favorite. Mithra.(I hope you can stand the sight of blood as I autopsy this dead body of atheist objection into oblivion):)

1) Mithraism began and existed as a religion in ancient Persia and among the Hindus as early as the 14th century B.C. It was a military based religion. Initiates were sworn to secrecy. Because of the amount of secrecy, there are very few records from which to evaluate any modern claims. What we do know is from reliefs and pictures. And it's not much. The original claims about Mithras was that he was born out of a rock, fully grown. This is what the Persians and Hindus repeated. That alone destroys any claim that inspired the birth of Christ. There is no similarity. Mithras is said to have slain a bull, which has nothing to do with later claims that this inspired the Christian practice of baptism. So that's another false parallel.

2) Mithraism maintained those same beliefs until about 66-67 A.D. when it expanded to the Roman empire. It had existed as a military based cult which would naturally appeal to Roman themes of power and conquest. Because early Christians were under Roman rule, this religion wouldn't appeal to their passive doctrines. From about 90A.D. onward, Mithraism evolved into a mystery religion. In contrast, Christianity didn't claim any secrecy, and was boldly preached. A Roman poet named Statius wrote an epic poem with a Mithraic theme at about that time. There are no inscriptions to Mithra prior to 100-101A.D. when a statue of the Roman emperor Trajan was carved. Almost all of the Mithraic inscriptions in the West appeared in the early to mid 2nd century. The chronological proximity is too far removed from the beginnings of Christianity to have influenced Christianity. And it was right around the same time Romans started to attribute and import Christian teachings and doctrines into Mithraism as a competitive religion. So the influences were actually the opposite of what you and your fellow yo-yos are claiming. Christianity inspired the rise of Western Mithraism.

3) As for the idea that Mithra was born on December 25th of a virgin, this is tenuous at best.
We don't know when Jesus was born. Most likely it was spring, summer, or early autumn at best. And Mithra emerged from a rock fully grown wearing a hat. Another one bites the dust.

4) Mithraic reliefs show Mithra sitting among the astrological signs, two of which are the sun and moon. So this doesn't compare with the claim that Mithra had 12 disciples. In fact, Jesus had more than 12 disciples. It's believed that at one time in His ministry He had as many 75 disciples. And a good many of them were women, which also runs counter-cultural to patriarchal, militarily based secret cults.

That's just 4 ways that Mithraism fails to be an inspiration for Christianity. Class dismissed. Somebody mop up the blood. I'm gonna have a beer and kick my feet up in smug self-satisfaction at the expense of you and fellow Jesus mythicists.:)

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#709443 Mar 31, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah? You read it? What'd you think about Papias and Quadratus by Eusebius?
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
More redacted and unreliable accounts. Eusebius is a questionable source in substantiating Christian history.

Location hidden

#709444 Mar 31, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And here we are, still clinging to God's morals.
Please---NOT YOUR deity's morals.Save the "WE" for your subjugate followers, and leave the rest of us out of your religion's sour milk.

Location hidden

#709445 Mar 31, 2014
Charles Wysocki. I like his kitty pieces.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#709446 Mar 31, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually this was about you claiming that waassup might be gay or bi because he talks about homosexuals.
Are you still holding that opinion?
I'm pretty sure he(wasssuuupp) already said he was bisexual.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#709447 Mar 31, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Kids love me. From babies to teens :-)
The world loves a clown..

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#709448 Mar 31, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And here we are, still clinging to God's morals.
Hammurabi wasn't a god.

Location hidden

#709449 Mar 31, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are the one who brought up sex and children in the same comment. Sicko. THAT is on record, liar.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#709450 Mar 31, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Define faiure.
http://www.topix.com/member/profile/riverside...

Location hidden

#709451 Mar 31, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Did you ever see that old bible movie that showed a black human-shaped silhouette slinking around on the garden tree and then after he/it had done the deed he/it slithered down the rest of the trunk as a black, legless shape? I'm unsure of the title, as I only caught a few moments of it on my way out somewhere.
There's a famous painting that reminds me of it, beautiful coloration.
And you are foolish enough to equate all that trash for reality...or expect someone else is stupid enough to also. LOL!

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#709452 Mar 31, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
it is the duty of every moral citizen to stand against evil
even your apologetic requires apologetic
Two thousand years of evolution and the christian bible is still to this day an obvious immoral farce.
you have proved yourself worthy of your god
your god is certainly worthy of you
A very power Force to this day also..

Location hidden

#709453 Mar 31, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing perverted about the studies proving it, creep, they've been around for a long time.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/363...

Which makes one wonder why Bob insists on pushing his mug in so many child care facilities. So much opportunity for rejection and tears should be a deterrent...for a single guy, or anybody, for that matter. Maybe he has a chimp at home to make up for all that, you know, like MJ did.

Location hidden

#709454 Mar 31, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>YOU are the one who brought up sex and children in the same comment. Sicko. THAT is on record, liar.
You are really dancing now pervert.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#709455 Mar 31, 2014
karl44 wrote:
what is your real name
Anass Rhammar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min phooey 603,180
Weeniez, testicals, panites, dresses, make-up..... 3 min Doctor REALITY 2
The Christian Atheist debate 3 min emperorjohn 3,798
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 37 min Lyndi 177,850
Why African-Americans so ugly? 49 min andet1987 2
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 56 min andet1987 6,391
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 272,833
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 7,968
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 hr sangili karuppan 7,623
More from around the web