Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#709583 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. The panda bear is a bear.
Woops. Mea culpa.

Got a case of mistaken identity there.

The small cuddly thing that chills out on eucalyptus, that is a koala. Not a bear.

The big-ass black and white thing that gets off on bamboo, that is a Giant Panda. Most definitely a bear.

Note: there is an animal called a red panda, or red cat-bear. Also not a bear

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#709584 Apr 1, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
Now describe how you've determined, logically, that,..."I consider most sorts of supernatural entities possible but (not) the logically impossible."-IANS
Just exactly HOW do you determine which supernatural entities are "logically" possible and which are not? You cannot. You are a fraud leading the clueless.
I thought it was self-evident, but apparently, not to you.

The logically possible is whatever is not self.contradictory and therefore not logically impossible. The idea of a ghost, a unicorn, a leprechaun, a cyclops, a vampire, or a god is not self-contradictory or logically impossible. They just don't seem to happen to exist.

What is impossible is a perfect god that makes mistakes, or a loving god that permits unnecessary suffering, or an omnipotent god that cannot abide sin.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#709585 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Why?
A wild animal is defined as an animal which lives in nature, is responsible for getting its own food and water and is not cared for by humans.
So, wild animals are not ethereal beings like your "Satan" ?

Do wild animals speak Hebrew ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#709586 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. The panda bear is a bear.
Hey! You actually caught that !

How long did it take to google ?

How about Kola Bears (AKA Teddy Bears)?
Are they bears ?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#709587 Apr 1, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it was self-evident, but apparently, not to you.
The logically possible is whatever is not self.contradictory and therefore not logically impossible. The idea of a ghost, a unicorn, a leprechaun, a cyclops, a vampire, or a god is not self-contradictory or logically impossible. They just don't seem to happen to exist.
What is impossible is a perfect god that makes mistakes, or a loving god that permits unnecessary suffering, or an omnipotent god that cannot abide sin.
It is impossible for you to discern what is or is not logically possible. You are insane.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#709588 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That was originally written in Koine Greek, not Hebrew.
Isaiah was written in Hebrew and it does NOT say virgin, the Hebrew word used simple means "young woman".
We have 2200 year old manuscripts to prove it.

It is so difficult to discern when you are being a complete idiot or a pathological liar.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#709589 Apr 1, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuh uh, it's a panda.
It's a serpent !

LOL

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#709590 Apr 1, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Only when they're Provoked..

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#709591 Apr 1, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahaha not much of a Sly fan, are you? Agreed, Demolition Man is at best a poor film.
Stallone is very far from the best actor I jave ever seen, however, I have watched two of his films I found good (6-7 out of 10). One was Rocky Balboa (where he was retired already) and the other one, Dtox, I think it was.
At best Stalone is a poor actor

Location hidden

#709592 Apr 1, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Mexico, dude.
Vivid colors reign.
That's no excuse for decorating his home `ala Mexican yard sale; garish colors and animal print rugs indeed!

Funny, how his vulgar decor reflects his circular "logic". xD

“First it steals your mind..”

#709593 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 3 doesn't say that, so I can't comment on what it doesn't say.
We can discuss each and every one of your Biblical misunderstandings if you want, I'd be happy to. Let's take them one at a time.
From the NIV:

Genesis 3:1

Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman,“Did God really say,‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?"

My questions:

1) Is a reference made to "Wild animals" in this paragraph?

2) Is this serpent included into the collective group "wild animals"?

3) Can you give an example of ANY definitions of serpent that fit this "wild animal" term?

Location hidden

#709594 Apr 1, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't need to. Their language is universally understood. ROWR!!!

Fennario

#709595 Apr 1, 2014
Susie D wrote:
Actually what I did was place a homework question on the page that everyone got wrong. I did this in order to make a strong point. You people are clueless to Science and Chemistry. You ACT like you understand formulas yet I gave the instructions and the formula and no one could answer it... In that case, I proved that YOU have no idea what is going on :) You see, Ideal Gas Law Calculators are only good for so much. Even when the one "guy" tried to explain the process, he used THE site and it added all those marks like &%$#^&*... He had to go back and fill in.. I got a real good laugh at that.. Copy and Paste Kings and Queens.. that is all you all have.. along with Google!! LMAO
Jesus you're repulsive.

What I copied and pasted was the constant and units for R, which I had to look up.Let's look at that again, from http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

======

I'll give it a shot, but I haven't done one of these in several decades.

The atomic weight of oxygen is 16 g/mole, so the molecular weight of O2 is 32 g/mole. 46.5 g of O2 at 32 g/mole is 46.5 / 32 = 1.43 moles of gas, which is "n" in the Ideal Gas Law PV = nRT.

For P, 760 mm Hg = 1 atm, so 1162 mm Hg = 1662 / 760 = 2.19 atm

R is 0.082 L&#8201;atm&#8201;/°K &#8201;mol

Plugging these values into PV = nRT, we get

(2.19 atm)(10.07 L)=(1.43 moles)(0.082 L-atm&#8201;/°K -mol)(T in °K)

Solving for T

T =(2.19 atm)(10.07 L)/(1.43 moles)(0.082 L&#8201;atm&#8201;K &#8722;1&#8201;mol &#8722;1)
= 188.1° Kelvin

I hope that's correct.

======

Look closely. "All those marks like &%$#^&*" are the punctuation in the units of R, which, as I said, I did copy-and-paste. Why wouldn't I?

What site did I use? I certainly didn't use any Ideal Gas Law Calculator. I solved the problem longhand, which I demonstrated. I showed all of my work.

Incidentally, I'm pretty certain that my answer, which is about 2% off from the one you provided, is correct. You ignored my request for more information from your source. My work is there to confirm. It is obviously correct unless I've made an arithmetic error somewhere, and I don't believe I have.

I thought you needed help, and did you a kindness. Now you say that you were setting a trap and are laughing. I was a friend to you. You don't feel any shame or remorse, do you?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#709596 Apr 1, 2014
Gob wrote:
<quoted text>
Divine Command Theory.
This may be the most repulsive idea in all of Christendom.
It was born of the need to reconcile the description of your deity with the ever progressing moral faculties of mankind. As we got better and better, your deity kept looking worse and worse.
This idea was not a good one, but it gained traction with the deluded. They could not see the implications.
What makes you think we're better? Because we have netflix and microwaves?

The evil in man's heart is still ever-present. Murder, rape, theft, etc still happen on a daily basis in staggering numbers.

Maybe another Flood is in order...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#709597 Apr 1, 2014
stuck in a lodi wrote:
For the first time since 2007, there were zero combat casualties among US military forces in Afghanistan during a full calendar month, NATO announced.
Praise God!

Fennario

#709598 Apr 1, 2014
Sorry about the "Jesus you're repulsive"

My initial reaction was hostile, and the post I wrote reflected it. I went back and edited it, but missed my initial words. That is how I felt and feel, but chose not to express it. Unfortunately, there it is anyway.

I also commented about what kind of a person you are, about the Golden Rule, and about my contempt. Those were all deleted before hitting "Post Comment"

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#709599 Apr 1, 2014
Now, if we can just get the Muslims to stop flying airplanes into buildings, blowing one another up, beheading one another, stoning one another, shooting each other in face, throwing acid at each other, mutilating their females' genitals, and performing "honor" killings. in the name of their god, we will have repeated the same process in the Muslim world that we did in the Christian world.
HA HA!!

You're giving credit to Christian advancements to the humanists?!

Never mind, of course you are. You need to have that belief.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#709600 Apr 1, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuh uh, it's a panda.
Order Carnivora.

(same as the Grizzly)

“First it steals your mind..”

#709601 Apr 1, 2014
<quoted text>
Jesus you're repulsive.
What I copied and pasted was the constant and units for R, which I had to look up.Let's look at that again, from http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
======
I'll give it a shot, but I haven't done one of these in several decades.
The atomic weight of oxygen is 16 g/mole, so the molecular weight of O2 is 32 g/mole. 46.5 g of O2 at 32 g/mole is 46.5 / 32 = 1.43 moles of gas, which is "n" in the Ideal Gas Law PV = nRT.
For P, 760 mm Hg = 1 atm, so 1162 mm Hg = 1662 / 760 = 2.19 atm
R is 0.082 L&#8201;atm&#8201;/°K &#8201;mol
Plugging these values into PV = nRT, we get
(2.19 atm)(10.07 L)=(1.43 moles)(0.082 L-atm&#8201;/°K -mol)(T in °K)
Solving for T
T =(2.19 atm)(10.07 L)/(1.43 moles)(0.082 L&#8201;atm&#8201;K &#8722;1&#8201;mol &#8722;1)
= 188.1° Kelvin
I hope that's correct.
======
Look closely. "All those marks like &%$#^&*" are the punctuation in the units of R, which, as I said, I did copy-and-paste. Why wouldn't I?
What site did I use? I certainly didn't use any Ideal Gas Law Calculator. I solved the problem longhand, which I demonstrated. I showed all of my work.
Incidentally, I'm pretty certain that my answer, which is about 2% off from the one you provided, is correct. You ignored my request for more information from your source. My work is there to confirm. It is obviously correct unless I've made an arithmetic error somewhere, and I don't believe I have.
I thought you needed help, and did you a kindness. Now you say that you were setting a trap and are laughing. I was a friend to you. You don't feel any shame or remorse, do you?
Ayup. And you even mentioned beforehand that you last did such a calculation ages ago.

Lolz I think I went to the same site as you. I tried to look up R, but my connection timed out.

I used to remember the formula:

Perverts = no Risk Takers.

Do not ask me what that means. But it stuck and got me past the 11th grade.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Catcher1 63,310
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min New Age Spiritual... 653,659
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 28 min who 281,823
You are of your father......THE DEVIL. 36 min WasteWater 17
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr DebraE 106,474
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr WasteWater 2,564
crossdressing on skype. (Apr '15) 1 hr Blondselffscial 4
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr New Age Spiritual... 618,747
More from around the web