Prove there's a god.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#709547 Apr 1, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I still can't figure out how to use the three sea shells.
I thought they were for when the bidet was broken.

#709549 Apr 1, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Sylvester Stallone, Demolition Man, 1996... Sans Google!
Not the best film made

In a ranking 1 to 10 for films I give it a 3 maybe 4

In a ranking of 1 to 10 for Sylvester Stallone films, I’d give it a 15

Good afternoon to the bestest saffa

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#709550 Apr 1, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the best film made
In a ranking 1 to 10 for films I give it a 3 maybe 4
In a ranking of 1 to 10 for Sylvester Stallone films, I’d give it a 15
Good afternoon to the bestest saffa
It's kinda funny though, well maybe really goofy, but shows us what kind of world we could have with the wrong people in charge. But it was your reference to old fashioned sex that reminded me of it :)

#709551 Apr 1, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It's kinda funny though, well maybe really goofy, but shows us what kind of world we could have with the wrong people in charge. But it was your reference to old fashioned sex that reminded me of it :)
It gets repeated on TV here about once every 3 months.

For sure a bit (actually a lot) far fetched.

I am not a Sandra Bullock fan but I think she made it watchable.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#709552 Apr 1, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
Never mind the serpent snake defintion game.
Dedinitiin of the term "wild animals" if you will
What? Why?

A wild animal is defined as an animal which lives in nature, is responsible for getting its own food and water and is not cared for by humans.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#709553 Apr 1, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
When they've been shown to be questionable, then they are questionable.
You haven't shown them to be questionable, so...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#709555 Apr 1, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
That is its folk name.
It is for this very reason that when referring to an animal, it is wise to use the correct taxonomic reference.
Komodo Dragons are monitor lizards. But hey! There is hope for you still!
1) they may be caoable of flight, we have just not seen them flying yet, or the evolutionist idiot that dissected it did not tell us about its hidden methane thrusters
2) It may be capable of speech, but again we have not heard it talking yet. Those evolutionists edit it out of their tapes.
3) They breathe fire. Yup. They do. Sorry Mac, Catcher, BenAdam and IANS. I am giving away all our evolution secrets. Those things have fire breath, but upon discovery, the atheist scientist decided not to tell anybody
4) they are much much bigger in real life - we use camera tricks to make them look like they are only a few metres long and weigh a few hundred pounds. In reality, they are 40 metres long and weigh 34 tonnes, as much as six African Elephants
5) When hunting, the Komodo dragons takes down his prey with laser eye beams
6) The Komodo Dragon has a penis the size of Mike Tyson
7) The Komodo Dragon was the first animal on the moon. Landed in 1946, long before we ever sent up our boys!
8) It was a Komodo dragon who told the Wright brothers how to build an aircraft
9) Komodo Dragons uses city liners for tooth picks
10) There is strong evidence that Beethoven plagiarised his ninth symphony from the melodic farts these animals give off.
I'm talking about Komodo dragons and you bring up Chuck Norris?

WTH?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#709556 Apr 1, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor is the King Cobra a cobra
No. The panda bear is a bear.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#709557 Apr 1, 2014
stuck in a lodi wrote:

Let's discuss the first on your list... In the original Hebrew version, there is no mention of a "virgin" giving birth {SNIP}
That was originally written in Koine Greek, not Hebrew.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#709558 Apr 1, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
It gets repeated on TV here about once every 3 months.
For sure a bit (actually a lot) far fetched.
I am not a Sandra Bullock fan but I think she made it watchable.
Gravity was pretty good, though Arr Arr said it sucks...but then again if he said if it. lol
Another far fetched but slightly entertaining Sandra movie :)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#709559 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Is your favorite color fuchsia?
~sniggers
wilderide wrote:
Nope. I loathe purple in all it's forms. Is your favorite color recycled Pabst?
I'm totally into color. No two walls in any room or outside space in our home have the same color. I have a bathroom in two shades of green, one of blue, and one of lilac. It is also colorfully tiled in the shower and around the sink.

Then there's the garden - my wife's project. The bougainvilleas are brilliant shades of fuschia and magenta, and play beautifully with the blue trumpet vine and the reds of the amaryllis, geraniums, and poinsettias.

Concerning the stereotype, I should mention that we bought this home from two gay men. At that time, the walls, floor tiles, rugs, cabinetry, and furniture were all in beige and tan. It was hopelessly bland.

Needless to say, we put in our own rugs (one zebra, one leopard), had the furniture reupholstered in reds, oranges, blues and purples, painted the walls as I described, and had two large stained glass windows put in.

The house is stuffed with art, much of it religiously themed, including a wall of assorted handmade Mexican crosses in wood, tile and pewter, and various ceramic sculptures in pastels including an ark full of animals and Noah < http://www.angelfire.com/mo3/pbgardenclub/ark... >, and a tree of life with Adam and Eve < http://www.angelfire.com/mo3/pbgardenclub/tre... >.

Did I mention our collection of neon? Palm trees, flamingos and guitars.

You and I seem to have our stereotypes reversed.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#709560 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm talking about Komodo dragons and you bring up Chuck Norris?
WTH?
Chuck Norris is nodda snake.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#709561 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>No. The panda bear is a bear.
Nuh uh, it's a panda.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#709562 Apr 1, 2014
"God will look out for us? That, of course, is absurd. We have as much of a chance of Apollo or Santa protecting us as whatever anthropomorphised fantasy figure you revere."

Bones

Fennario

#709563 Apr 1, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I read somewhere that people were bitching about the way Bruno was depicted on The Cosmos cartoon, they said it lacked historical accuracy.
Cosmos seems to be kicking up quite a controversy among the faithful, isn't it? That's a good thing. This is how the church continues to shoot itself in the foot.

Rather than be silent, or better yet, to embrace the findings of science and say, "Look at how great our God is - more creative than we could have imagined," the religious grab their clubs and stones, play the role of primitive brutes, and by their example and the response of the general public to it. turn more people away from a life of faith. It's not Tyson or atheists attacking you. You're self-destructing before a world audience

From the original Dr.Cosmos:

“How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded,“This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant?” Instead they say,“No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.” A religion, old or new, that stressed the magnificence of the Universe as revealed by modern science might be able to draw forth reserves of reverence and awe hardly tapped by the conventional faiths.”- Carl Sagan

#709564 Apr 1, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Gravity was pretty good, though Arr Arr said it sucks...but then again if he said if it. lol
Another far fetched but slightly entertaining Sandra movie :)
I can’t do the cinema, big screens make me nauseous and dizzy.

I have it on blue-ray but not watched it yet. Ahh if only there were more time in a day

I have heard some good stuff about it and if Arr Argg says it sucks that’s good enough recommendation for me

Fennario

#709565 Apr 1, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
I was sure I wasn't spelling it right, but was too lazy to care much.
Your parents must be very proud.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#709566 Apr 1, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure he(wasssuuupp) already said he was bisexual.
Correct.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#709567 Apr 1, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Hammurabi wasn't a god.
The secular commandments (5-10) occur in every society on the planet for the last 6000 years.
They are requirements of civilization and society.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#709568 Apr 1, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, dear.
"Komodo Dragon" is a common English appelation. So is "Komodo Monitor".
As the biggest lizard in the world, at up to 10 feet and 150 pounds, it's not hard to see how 17th-century explorers might call it a "Dragon".
Properly, it's Varanis komodoensis.
Doesn't fly, doesn't breathe fire, and (VERY IMORTANT!) doesn't speak.
It also has legs which means it is neither serpent nor snake.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min truth 640,988
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 32 min jasiEL 104,546
Play "end of the word" part 2 36 min jasiEL 1,695
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 37,124
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 280,845
Leslie Van Houten's parole hearing August 2009 (Jul '09) 1 hr Jimmy 1,578
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr AussieBobby 44,259
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr LAWEST100 618,275
More from around the web