Prove there's a god.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#709507 Mar 31, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who doubts that there was at that time a man born the Bastard son of a carpenter, who was executed as a Roman Criminal and who was named jesus.
there is no records of such an event, however the name jesus was very common, as were Roman executions.
There is zero evidence of the reality of the mythical character jesus the chist proposed by the christian script called the bible.
there is a great deal of evidence to suggest that the character "jesus the christ" was created as an amalgamation of more ancient mythology.
Much like the Arthurian and Robin Hood legends and myths.
Gob

United States

#709508 Mar 31, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And here we are, still clinging to God's morals.
Still cherry picking God's morals.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#709509 Mar 31, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would a loving deity want to tempt those that it loves?
Like setting a bear trap with a rattle bait for one's own infant.

Oh wait, that is something RR would probably do.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#709510 Mar 31, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
it failed to inform you
watch it again
ask someone to watch it with you and explain the important parts.
Like how religions and deities are invented by humans.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#709511 Mar 31, 2014
karl44 wrote:
there is a great deal of evidence to suggest that the character "jesus the christ" was created as an amalgamation of more ancient mythology.
Ghost Writer wrote:
That's just 4 ways that Mithraism fails to be an inspiration for Christianity.
It goes without saying that Karl is right and you're wrong as usual. It's historical fact that the biblical Jesus began as an amalgamated myth then became an object of worship and no amount of Christian revisionist history will ever change actual history.

Your posting style is comparable to Butthead. You post bullshit and get put in your place by rational adults then have the audacity to claim victory. You're an utterly despicable brainwashed coward and you'd cease humiliating yourself in an international forum if you had an ounce of self-dignity.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#709512 Mar 31, 2014
karl44 wrote:
it is not the dissimilarities that are of note. you stupido.

the christian jesus myth was assembled in 325 at the Council of Nicaea, it is a mixture of the beliefs of the gods of that time, much of Egyptian belief (book of the dead) much paganism ---(lent, easter, xmas etc) more Horas than Mithra,

beer is not your friend you cannot afford any further loss of intellect.
It's as if there are too many letters in the word amalgamation for these f*cking retards to understand.
Gob

United States

#709513 Mar 31, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
Argument from authority is completely valid if that authority has spent countless hours researching and analyzing historical artifacts and written accounts with very specific rules governing how conclusions are made.
The argument from authority is never valid. It's a fallacy.

Some authorities can be trusted to the extent that a history of their performance allows. That doesn't mean that an authority IS correct because they have been correct in the past.
Ghost Writer wrote:
The amount of evidence I could give for Jesus is staggering in both quantity and quality.
I could go into subjects you've never even thought of, or knew existed to show the existence of Christ. If I were to write an academic essay and post it here based upon my own knowledge and research, it would leave you stunned, or blind from all the heavy reading.
Or somebody would complain about me spamming the forum with a 100,000 word tour de force of historical facts, methodologies, and other concepts that are too much for the skeptical brain to absorb in one sitting.:)
But I'm willing to try if you think you can handle it.
Talk talk talk.

So you don't have to worry about spamming the thread, present what you consider are the three most compelling pieces for consideration.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#709514 Mar 31, 2014
Scrooge is a Liar wrote:
There will never be a grave deep enough to bury Scrooge in. That's why I believe his DEAD maggot infested carcass should be displayed in public for everyone to spit on.
Porta potty mouth with shit for brains, you're the single most retarded and revolting redneck load of shit to ever post in this forum. You're a complete waste of a sperm cell and haven't a single socially redeemable quality. The world will be a better place when you're dead, cremated and forgotten, you imbecilic sociopathic punk!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#709515 Mar 31, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There's tons of evidence revolving around Jesus, not just from the Bible either.
If you dare to risk losing your bias, read this:
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
Agreed, Most of what is accepted about Julius Caesar is as tenuous as Jesus.

However, everything in the primary sources regarding Caesar are easily believable things.

"Mr. X was a great leader" is believable.
"Mr. X performed magic and was raised from the dead and will torture you if you don't believe in him" is asinine drivel that only the ignorant and pathetic accept as facts.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#709516 Mar 31, 2014
scaritual wrote:
http://pleaseconvinceme.com/20 12/is-jesus-simply-a-retelling -of-the-horus-myth/
The Retarded Redneck doesn't have the capacity to think for himself so copying and pasting is all the revolting pile of shit can do.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#709517 Mar 31, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever God does is acceptable.
You have a wonderful Nazi mentality.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#709518 Mar 31, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
I know I'm arrogant about history
In actual fact, you're staggeringly ignorant about history because you're far too brainwashed and retarded to comprehend that Christian revisionist history isn't history. Once again, if you had an ounce of self-dignity you'd cease making a f*cking azzhole out of yourself in an international forum and seek professional treatment for your mental illness immediately.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#709519 Mar 31, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
No. I don't know what websites you pulled that from, but they are wildly inaccurate.
Show how.
I had the privilege of studying under some of the best historians and experts on ancient near eastern cultures and religions.
Name them.
The dates I have given are accurate. The version of Mithraism practiced by the pirates isn't the same as that worshipped by the Romans.
Show how.
Mithras also has no details of death. So therefore this is evidence that Romans attempted to import Christian beliefs into Mithraism. If you wish to claim otherwise, that's your right. But I'll need to see some ***credible*** evidence of that, and a skeptical/atheist website won't cut it.
So far, all you've done is make assertions. They may or may not be credible.
I know I'm arrogant about history, and with good reason.
Religiously influenced bias does that.

You must reject any and all conflicting evidences.
I'm very good at it. You'll need to bring heavy scholars in. Murdock, Doherty, Carrier, Harpur, Price are all wrong.
According to you, and that's just more unsupported assertions.
And I've written to all of them. They don't like me.
That's not evidence of you being right, that's just evidence of them not liking you.
I have a Bachelors and I dare to piss in their cornflakes.:) And I have no problem telling somebody with a PhD. they're wrong. Not when I know I'm right. ;)
*See above*

Maybe you can explain why early church fathers such as Tertullian and Justin Martyr claimed that the "debbil" had created a false religion(Mithraism) that shared some of the same practices and beliefs found in Christianity - many of which were credited to Jesus Christ - so that people would be tricked into believing that all of Christianity was plagiarized from prior pagan beliefs.

Why would those "Church Fathers" feel the need to apply apologetics to that subject if there was no connection?

It just goes to show that these issues of Christianity having borrowed from earlier religions were a problem - even then.

BTW, argument from your own authority, when it is only recognized by yourself as being so, is a fallacy of the grandest proportions.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#709520 Mar 31, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe to you blinded subordinate ingrates it is.....but the rest of us have higher standards.
If a human acted like Bible God, everyone would scream for his execution... and rightly so.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#709521 Mar 31, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not drinking anything at all. Answer the question.

If Satan appeared as a snake, as you suggest, why did God curse the snake to be a snake?
As you suggest.

Dumbass.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#709522 Mar 31, 2014
Gob wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't compartmentalizing your delusion. It's reaching out and infecting all of your faculties.
oh no. delusion ? that happens to people who are delusional. not me. if i was delusional, i would have experienced a lot of Miracles or other unusualities. but it happened to me only one time. and you call me delusional ? you are not even a doctor ? i would accept myself being delusional if i keep experiencing delusions regularly like daily, or weekly, etc. just one time ? delusion ? i don't think so.

so just in case God will present to you a Miracle right in front of you, are you going to call yourself delusional ? no matter how real the Miracle is ? you are delusional ?

ok, here is a video of a real Miracle. when you watch this video, are you going to consider yourself experiencing a delusion ? ok watch this video:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...
Gob

United States

#709523 Mar 31, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever God does is acceptable.
Divine Command Theory.

This may be the most repulsive idea in all of Christendom.

It was born of the need to reconcile the description of your deity with the ever progressing moral faculties of mankind. As we got better and better, your deity kept looking worse and worse.

This idea was not a good one, but it gained traction with the deluded. They could not see the implications.
Gob

United States

#709524 Mar 31, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no higher standard than God.
I think you mean lower, not higher.

Have you read his book?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#709525 Mar 31, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
He did make us that way, Adam & Eve knew nothing about temptation or immorality, not until after Satan introduced it to them.
We've since changed away from the way God made us, He saw the immorality that can exist in a man's heart and decided to do something about it. He didn't do it the way atheists wanted Him to, with a magic poof or something. He had His commands preserved for all people to see, and all people to know, God left us with a choice; be moral or be immoral.
Agreed. Bible God is not only stupid but evil as well.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#709526 Mar 31, 2014
For the first time since 2007, there were zero combat casualties among US military forces in Afghanistan during a full calendar month, NATO announced.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Robert F 683,790
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 17 min old_moose 16,248
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 2 hr common sense 19
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 2 hr real 33,210
the REAL reason for General Motors sales slumps 4 hr Disappointed US V... 7
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Born Again Past JW 619,696
I hate Haiti (Jan '10) 11 hr BLACK LIVES DONT ... 108
More from around the web