Prove there's a god.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#709142 Mar 31, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Your theory would mean that because London, England exists then Harry Potter books are documentaries.
Note, there is little archeological evidence supporting a single thing in the Bible other than some place and people names. In fact the evidence often contradicts what the Bible says.
Example, "Nazareth" is not mentioned outside the Gospel of Luke until 300 years after Jesus died. It also places the writing of (the current iteration of) Luke as being written centuries after Jesus and Paul (and any 'Luke' of the time) were long dead.
Imagine a copy of the Declaration of Independence that refereed to the Lunar landining . Would you believe it was written in 1776 ?
This is quite true. For example, archeology shows that the cities of Canaan were not conquered in a rapid military campaign (Joshua). It shows the cities collapsed from internal rebellions and over a time span of centuries.

And Israeli archeologists went on a serious hunt for evidence of Moses and the Exodus. They came up empty...competely...despite the Bible telling them right where to look. Their conclusion was that Moses was a mythological figure, not historical.

And the archeological evidence is that the Israelites were never slaves in Egypt. In fact were never in Egypt as slaves or not. The evidence indicates that the Israelites were situated in Canaan as a small, poor hill tribe. With the collapse of the Canaanite civilization, the Israelites moved to fill the power vacuum.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#709143 Mar 31, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, the burning of Atlanta does not prove the characters in GWTW were real people.....
"Sure it does! The movie prove it as well !"

I can't believe so many people are this pathetically ignorant and retarded.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#709144 Mar 31, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
What were sea serpents doing in a tree ?
You sure do get some random thoughts popping in your head...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#709145 Mar 31, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
In your case you claim the god acts empirically
that leaves evidence, but you have supplied none,
I doubt your claims, I think you a liar.
Please tell me how I can prove my memory to you. As soon as you do that, I'll give you the evidence you seek.

#709146 Mar 31, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I think the wording of things would change with time as language advanced, but something like what the Hebrews were going through, I think oral tradition would have been very Important, the altering of events would have been very little and only then, because of the progression of language. they would have been saying the same thing, but in other words. I think the Importance of what was being passed down, would have been a big factor, just as our grandparents handed down stuff to us, if it wasn't Important, it would have been forgotten, not made into a fairy tale. The Israelites would have been small compared to what they were sandwiched in between, the Mesopatamia and Egyptian Dynasties. What or why would a very few just break off from them like that? The one God told Abraham to get out of Canaan, but why the concept of one God outta many?
Cf the game of Telephone.

Oral traditions are not a very effective way of passing on truth. The message always gets garbled along the way, usually very very garbled.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#709147 Mar 31, 2014
Gob wrote:
<quoted text>
You understand that magic is an illusion. Good for you. When an illusionist performs a trick, it appears as though something has happened that shouldn't be able to happen. Sometimes these tricks are quite impressive, leaving people completely astounded. In the olden time days, there were still lots of people that didn't know that magic was an illusion. Most of them already believed in superstition, like Christianity, so it wasn't that much of stretch to believe in supernatural magic. Now most people know better. They've seen some of the tricks explained. The whole art of illusion has changed.
Miracles are like magic illusions, in that nothing supernatural is going on. People like you just apply a supernatural explanation for various reasons.
ok, we know very well that magics are illusions performed by magicians.

so, where do Miracles come from ?

#709148 Mar 31, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah. Best Music in the 80's came from Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica and Queensr├┐che. Early 90's gave rise to the most musically gifted band of all time, Dream Theater. Now that is music
Sorry, but for the most part heavy metal is not my preferred music. In the 80s I was more into groups like Jethro Tull and Pink Floyd. And of course the venerable (even at that time) Rolling Stones.

That is not to say that I don't like any heavy metal...just not the bulk of it.

#709149 Mar 31, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, the burning of Atlanta does not prove the characters in GWTW were real people.
And you really don't want to hitch your horse to archeology to prove the Bible. You would fail miserably. Archeology is showing that much, if not most, of the Bible is a-historical. It appears to be more in line with Hebrew propaganda that history.
If you want to see how archeology is showing much of the early Bible to be false, see NOVA's episode "The Bible's Buried Secrets".
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/ancient/bibles-b...
BTW...

I have rarely seen any Christian on these pages actually watch this episode. A few have stated they started it, but almost immediately stopped when it contradicted their perceived take on history.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#709150 Mar 31, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
thanks.

but thanks God, my ankles still look very normal. there is no swelling. just a slight pain on my left ankle. i don't feel it most of the time, especially when i am inside my studio.

btw, all of my psoriasis are healed. i have 2 types of psoriasis medications: the coal tar formula and the salicylic acid formula.

the pictures in that Wikipedia link is the worst types. my feet are still normal looking. just a slight pain sometimes. but very bearable. i don't even feel the pain most of the time.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#709151 Mar 31, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, the burning of Atlanta does not prove the characters in GWTW were real people.
And you really don't want to hitch your horse to archeology to prove the Bible. You would fail miserably. Archeology is showing that much, if not most, of the Bible is a-historical. It appears to be more in line with Hebrew propaganda that history.
If you want to see how archeology is showing much of the early Bible to be false, see NOVA's episode "The Bible's Buried Secrets".
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/ancient/bibles-b...
I have been watching a documentary on the History Of The Bible and it is Opposite of what you're saying, it shows that most of what is in the Bible is actual. Archeology can only trace so far back and obviously not from the beginning., but from what I've seen it has proved people, places and events..I just checked, I was watching the show you are talking about. just what part is it that is disproving the Bible?
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#709152 Mar 31, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
My, oh, my. And a thin skin, to boot.
Clearly you want to dish it out but you can't take it.
BTW, you really Really REALLY don't want to get into a p*ss*ng match with me over academic awards. Only four? That's all you got?
i did not read a single word you posted. you are an idiot !! you are way below my level. so, from now on, keep wasting your time with your unread posts.

Location hidden

#709153 Mar 31, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Cf the game of Telephone.
Oral traditions are not a very effective way of passing on truth. The message always gets garbled along the way, usually very very garbled.
Our opinions on that differ, I think it depends on the Importance of what was being handed down, and obviously, that would have been very Important. I don't think it gets garbled as much as, just being worded different, meaning the same, but said in a different way as language progressed..

Location hidden

#709154 Mar 31, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW...
I have rarely seen any Christian on these pages actually watch this episode. A few have stated they started it, but almost immediately stopped when it contradicted their perceived take on history.
I watched it thru and many other shows like it. I don't see what you're talking about by contradict, some of the time frame of certain events may not be correct, but the place and event still exist..To me, that doesn't make the Bible, a book of Lies..

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#709155 Mar 31, 2014
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
BenAdam wrote:
Excellent post !
Thanks, Ben. I hope that you and others find that material useful.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#709156 Mar 31, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure do get some random thoughts popping in your head...
You are the one claiming the "serpent in the tree" wasn't a snake. The only "terrestrial serpents" are snakes.

You are still a moron.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#709157 Mar 31, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me how I can prove my memory to you. As soon as you do that, I'll give you the evidence you seek.
You can;t prove your hallucinations are real ? I am not surprised.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#709158 Mar 31, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW...
It is called willful ignorance and denial of all evidence that contradicts what their religion taught them.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#709159 Mar 31, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
You'd be surprised at how much history is in the Bible.
I used to think it was all history. What surprised me is how much of it is contradicted by or cannot be supported by archeological evidence. I was amazed to learn that the Jews were never slaves in Egypt, that there was no Exodus, and that their was no military incursion of Canaan like the bible reported. I was also stunned to learn that there were legitimate grounds to doubt the historicity of Jesus.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#709160 Mar 31, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
We've explained this to andet1987 over and over again, but he desperately wants to believe purely for narcissistic reasons.
there is nothing narcissistic when i said i believe in God because:

i noticed that when i pray, my prayers are usually answered

i experienced a real Miracle on June 30, 2011

i am telling the truth. whatever i said, it really happened to me. i am here to prove there's God.

that is the title of this thread. i did not participate in this thread to bolster my ego. no way Jesefina.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#709161 Mar 31, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
Sure, just like a "prophecy" about 9/11 written in 2012.
Damn, you are a moron.
It's truly astounding how the religiously brainwashed and mentally retarded like Ghost Writer are totally oblivious to the fact that they're humiliating themselves in an international forum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Bobby Bobson 30,697
Popcorn time for movies and shows using VPN 1 hr clayvligon 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr guest 687,171
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr LAWEST100 184,840
Anthony Bragg 6 hr Oic yes 28
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr Anonymous 286,539
Clinton Foundation Scandals 9 hr Hiddn Numbrz 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 21 hr Here For Now 619,788
More from around the web