Prove there's a god.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#708681 Mar 30, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Lolz sorry for the overflow of information, but snakes are one of my favourite topics.
Black Mamba has always been feared and revered in its native Africa. Before antivenin for the snake was available, all Black Mamba bites were fatal. That is where the "kiss of death" monniker came from. I cannot adequately put into words just how much this snake is feared in Africa. Even me, a rational-minded snake lover (who does not believe the fables told about the animal) is in awe whenever I see one. It is an experience I find electrifying. It makes chills go down my spine. What I see presented is arguably the most dangerous land animal since the last days of the Cretaceous. It is almost spiritual in nature, to see this primitive killing machine up close.
Anyways. In the early 90's, Black Mambas were thought to be toxic, but not extremely toxic, as the LD 50 tests on mice yielded disappointing values. However, this did not sit right with researchers. Here was an animal that could kill a fully grown elephant with one bite! Then the eureka moment came.
Usually, we use a saline solution to test the potency of snake venom on a test subject. Since the Black Mamba's venom is of such low molar density, the saline solution was thought to hinder the peptides to deliver the kill.
So they tested Black Mamba venom with a bovine solution, and the results were frightening. A 0.05mg LD50 figure for murine subjects when injected into the skin. 0.01 if it hits a vein. This is much closer to the deadly effecr of the venom in nature. I kid you not! A pride of lions would not tangle with a single adult specimen.
Water moccasins are tempered like the mamba but don't have quite the lethality. But like the mamba they will chase you and will deceptively and actively try to get into trees to drop down on you or bite you in the face. The mamba seems to be like that, with the added fear that if it does bite you , you're most likely going to die no matter what even if you can get anti-venom.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#708682 Mar 30, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
and what makes you so sure that God did not help or guide you ? are you sure ? do you have any proof ? just because you did it yourself does not mean God did not help or guide you.
A god that wants to help anonymously in the background would be appreciated. One that wants to be thanked, let alone worshiped, needs to manifest itself.
Gob

United States

#708683 Mar 30, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
Miracle is supernatural forces.
Magic is just an illusion.
both of them exist. when you watch a magician perform a magic, you see what transpires, right ? then magic exists. that's the reason why it is called magic. it exists. if it did not exist, then there is no magic word.
You understand that magic is an illusion. Good for you. When an illusionist performs a trick, it appears as though something has happened that shouldn't be able to happen. Sometimes these tricks are quite impressive, leaving people completely astounded. In the olden time days, there were still lots of people that didn't know that magic was an illusion. Most of them already believed in superstition, like Christianity, so it wasn't that much of stretch to believe in supernatural magic. Now most people know better. They've seen some of the tricks explained. The whole art of illusion has changed.

Miracles are like magic illusions, in that nothing supernatural is going on. People like you just apply a supernatural explanation for various reasons.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#708684 Mar 30, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Did it still have it's wings?
Now you know that Pegasus is the one with wings, stupid doubter. Unicorns never had wings.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#708685 Mar 30, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I may have confused between the Indian cobra and king but it looks like the winner is
Russell's viper, it has the high score of credited with 25,000 deaths a year.
You would find that Russel's Viper, Indian Cobra and the Saw Scale Viper all occupy that top spot, depending on the source you use. It is sometimes hard to tally up the totals, for a few reasons. First and foremost, not all snake bites are reported. Secondly, some bites are misreported. Upon asking a the question of what snake bit him/her, the answer may sometimes be: "a big brown one"

Anyways, we can safely assume those three are the snakes with the highest death tally.

Mind you, the Russel's Viper is said to have one of the nastiest bites of any species of snake, thanks to the potent citotoxic venom it injects. You have no doubt heard of people who lost arms due to snakebite? Russel's Viper is a big culprit there

Fennario

#708686 Mar 30, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
I would disagree. Let's suppose the police get called to a death scene. They don't have any witness who can say "I saw this person die and I saw how it happened." So all they have is a body. They start working the scene to collect evidence. They can't ask for a volunteer from the curious crowd to volunteer to be killed to repeat what they believe to be true. Any homicide detective will tell you that each homicide is unique. The homicide can't be repeated, and very rarely happens in the presence of a homicide detective. With me so far? That's why not all evidence is repeatable.
No, I'm not with you. I don't understand that. "Evidence is repeatable" is a malformed sentence. Processes are repeatable, not objects. The dead body in your story is evidence. The death doesn't need to be repeated. and repeating the corpse doesn't make sense.

What does need to be repeatable is observing the evidence and making the same observations under the same circumstances.
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but that's not true either. Genesis isn't about ***how*** human existence started.
That's no disappointment to me. In fact, it's one of my principle criticisms of the creation myth. It offers no explanations - no mechanisms. Godidit explains nothing for the reason you name.

Fennario

#708687 Mar 30, 2014
Now it may offer the sequence of events from the perspective of the writer as inspired
What makes you think that that story was inspired? It's exactly as accurate as every other creation myth. It got only one fact correct: the universe appears to have had a first moment. The Babylonians and the Vikings also got that much right and nothing else.
I don't interpret God's words in Genesis to equate to a cosmic "abracadabra."
Then you are probably in the minority.
The author's intent has been misunderstood by the modern mind, and misrepresented by those who have a presupposed bias and agenda to disprove the existence of God.
The author's intent is abundantly clear.

And it doesn't require a bias to reject that myth. It requires one to believe it. It is unbelievable without faith, which is the determination to believe without supporting evidence and despite contradictory evidence. That's bias

Fennario

#708688 Mar 30, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
if my psoriasis is cured, then an ankle arthritis pain comes up.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psoriatic_arthri...

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#708689 Mar 30, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Water moccasins are tempered like the mamba but don't have quite the lethality. But like the mamba they will chase you and will deceptively and actively try to get into trees to drop down on you or bite you in the face. The mamba seems to be like that, with the added fear that if it does bite you , you're most likely going to die no matter what even if you can get anti-venom.
The Water Moccasin is a badass snake. We had one in the reptile park I worked at while at varsity. He did have his bitch fits.

Problem with those snakes, as well as most of the other viperids, is that they are lazy. They would hear an intruder and then wait him out, sure that it would just pass by. It is then that these animals are stepped on.

Elapids (mambas, cobras, coral snakes, taipans, kraits) are far more energetic and they opt to choose a hasty retreat upon hearing an intruder. Even the most aggressive of elapids would rather avoid confrontation.

Coming back to that Moccasin. He always kind of eyed me. It was a big, fat specimen. Hungry fellow, he was.

We once had a strange thing happen there. One of the park workers (not a handler, they usually just did the rationing and janitorial duties) had a young boy. I cannot remember how old he was, I seem to recall it was 6 or 7. He disappeared and as luck would have it, a day prior to that, the green anaconda escaped its cage. When the snake was found, it was obvious that it was fed. The park workers were sure that he ate the missing boy and they threatened to bring out the police. The handlers then had to agitate the anaconda into regurgitating its meal, to prove to the angry mob that it ate a dead sheep.

Lolz. Those were the days

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#708690 Mar 30, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Too many agitated Christian trolls at once. It's like a another bad sequel to Gremlins in this thread now.
I fed them after dark. Now, who got them wet ?

LOL

“"None shall pass"”

There

#708691 Mar 30, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
A god that wants to help anonymously in the background would be appreciated.....
That describes the "God" that I believe in.

"When you do things right, it will look like you have done nothing at all."

Since: Sep 10

United States

#708692 Mar 30, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Double Fine must be in that top 2. It would be a travesty, otherwise
Make it the top three, and include Reasonable Catcher.

Since: Sep 10

United States

#708693 Mar 30, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I can share.
Will you do a three-way, or am I out?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#708699 Mar 30, 2014
the talk wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you're wrong again.
Unlike Jesus, porter doesn't exist and never has existed.
Why do atheists get so uptight about people they think don't exist? and then lie about them?
For them not to believe in Jesus or a God, they will say it ain't so till they're blue in the face, with all the passion that they can muster, I figure they're just trying to convince their self of it!

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#708700 Mar 30, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
you f***cktard !! you are nothing compared to me!!
i graduated high school with 4 academic awards and an honor
from high school to college i was an academic scholar
i won 2 gay beauty contests in my 20s
i was applauded many times when i danced solo
many people told me i look 20 years younger than my real age
i was always a supervisor or a director at work
common sense ? i have lots of that. you don't !!! your brain is too small to comprehend God and his Miracles. ok ?
My, oh, my. And a thin skin, to boot.

Clearly you want to dish it out but you can't take it.

BTW, you really Really REALLY don't want to get into a p*ss*ng match with me over academic awards. Only four? That's all you got?
tricki

Birdsboro, PA

#708702 Mar 30, 2014
So atheists can't prove God exists
tork

France

#708703 Mar 30, 2014
we get it. athies can't prove god exists

“"None shall pass"”

There

#708704 Mar 30, 2014
tork wrote:
we get it. athies can't prove god exists
No one can or they would have.

Stories in a book don't count as proof.

“I love Jesus”

Since: Dec 08

Heaven, but Earthbound for now

#708705 Mar 30, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cite (twice), when you mean site, is not a typo.
Better not to brag.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cite ..

When you CITE something it is with a "C"...

“I love Jesus”

Since: Dec 08

Heaven, but Earthbound for now

#708706 Mar 30, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
As I expected - you weren't being completely honest when you said atheists were trying to take your rights away.
Did I say EVERY atheist? No. And yes, go through the threads ad read, some are or this would not be sucha hot topic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Steve III 649,785
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 8 min WasteWater 2,293
dubai airport any gay men for sex contact me on... (Jun '15) 57 min jelly 11
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 59 min who 281,472
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Ooogah Boogah 55,917
Ihaveagod.com - Christian Network - Connecting ... 1 hr israel96 11
Massage for ladies in Muscat 4 hr Ziyad 1
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web