Prove there's a god.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#708607 Mar 29, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm feeling quite sarcastic today but I'll tone it down for those interested in serious dialogue. I suspect you are, so I see no reason to start off on the wrong foot. For those feeling snarky; fair warning.
I'll address your objections one at a time:
<quoted text>
Let me ask a simple question here. Do you believe in freewill? You have obviously chosen to remain atheist. Should God force you to believe in Him? I would say no. Who would want a God like that? If He did force you, you'd complain about that wouldn't you? Admit it. I know for a fact I would. Here's my point, if He is real, and still allows you to remain atheist, why should He force believers to be 100% in sync? And further still, when (if) you really take the time to look critically at the core doctrines, you'll see the vast majority all hold the positions I stated. The RCC included. It requires looking critically, as opposed to skeptically. There's a difference.
Shortened so I can answer..........

You write:
“Let me ask a simple question here. Do you believe in freewill? You have obviously chosen to remain atheist.”

Free will has nothing to do with what I was talking about. It has to do with your God providing 'proof of life' so to speak. If some one makes up a religion and says this God can do this and that, I expect proof, not some lame apologetics. Christianity has had a few thousand years to come forth with the proofs, and they haven't delivered.
Nothing to do with free will....just provide proof.

You write:
“Really? ALL evidence? Or all evidence that fits your bias? And are you using the words 'evidence' and 'proof' synonymously? If so, it's a simple error. Evidence by itself is not proof.”
and.....
”A lot of evidence has been presented in favor of God's existence.”

Enough evidence and all of a sudden you have proof. I have yet to see any convincing evidence presented as proof of a real God....do you have any?

You write:
“Archeology has confirmed many places that were believed to be incorrect. Walls of the old city of Jericho have been found totally collapsed. The ritual bathing pools of Bethesda were previously believed to be falsely described in the Gospel of John.

Archaeology has confirmed that the walls of Jericho (and most other Joshua 'conquests') did not happen as the Bible says. The walls were down long before the time of Joshua. I saw the Bethesda pool story and concur that it was real...but who were the people who doubted it? Most of Genesis has been falsified, so has Exodus and Joshua.

You write:
“Now if you're talking about the Evolution vs. Creation debate, that hasn't been settled either. After all, the empirical scientific method dictates that the subject of study must be observable, repeatable, testable, and falsifiable. Nobody now living was around to see or measure the ***exact*** parameters and variables to conclude with 100% accuracy, how we came to be here.”

The evolution vs. creation debate was over a hundred years ago....evolution won.
You have used one of the creatards worst arguments...“We weren't there to observe it.” Have you considered that no one was there to observe if your little story of creation was true?
It isn't evolution that is proving Genesis and other parts of the Bible wrong, it is DNA science, geology, archaeology, paleoanthropology, paleontology, glaciology, biology, stratigraphy, and probably a few more I can't think of.

Old Testament Christian mythology is mostly disproven, and you need to make your peace with that. We're working on the New Testament right now.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#708608 Mar 29, 2014
Mother Mary wrote:
<quoted text>You can thank the jungle people of South America for most of the drugs used in meds today.
thank you jungle people of South America

and thank you God for creating those jungle people

Since: Apr 11

Whitechapel

#708609 Mar 29, 2014
Jack King wrote:
<quoted text>
If a church member wrote you a check for $100,000,000 you still would claim that Christians are awful people. You are just wholeheartedly an evil person who HATES anything that is good or works for good.
Christian schools are the most successful schools in America as your atheist-destroyed public schools are in shambles. Instead of them learning anything about science, they are getting hooked on dope and other mind altering , mind destroying drugs and agendas. I give your atheism full credit for that atrocity.
Atheism has single-handedly ruined America, one youth at a time.
If I ever met you, I would spit in your face.
you sure do write some *stooooopid* shit, porter. gobble my knob!!

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#708610 Mar 29, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
Miracle is supernatural forces.
Magic is just an illusion.
both of them exist. when you watch a magician perform a magic, you see what transpires, right ? then magic exists. that's the reason why it is called magic. it exists. if it did not exist, then there is no magic word.
Is there anything that doesn't exist in your reality?

Whitechapel

#708611 Mar 29, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Like four legged birds.
my uncle goober hull learned how to breed chickens with bigger breasts. he doesn't know what to do about the nipples, though.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#708612 Mar 29, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
he died in 1891. i was born in 19xx. any other wet dreams he said about me ?
He was a prophet of your gullibility like that.
He also said you could get half a dozen eggs in your mouth without breaking them.

“Faith = Trust”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#708613 Mar 29, 2014
karl44 wrote:
My training is RC,--- the originators of your faith, the authors of your bible, the real christians. the catholics, those,--- remember them?
And I'm straight up calling you out as a L-I-A-R. You can't do it. You don't know, you've never known, and you can't answer the question. So save your "I won't do your work for you" bullshit answer for somebody who just fell off the turnip truck cuz I tell ya what SON; it isn't me.

How many years of formal Greek do you have?
How many years of formal Hebrew?
How many years of formal Latin?
How many years of formal Aramaic?

Did you attend Ecclesiastical Seminary? If so, where?

What were the receptions of the Holy Orders like?

See, you think I don't know these things. I know way more than you think. And that's why I have the confidence (and the balls) to tell you you're full of crap. Got a problem with that?

Whitechapel

#708614 Mar 29, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw the most horrible monster the other day. It had the head of a horse and the body of a unicorn.
that's nothing! you oughtta see my ex-wife!!!!!

Whitechapel

#708615 Mar 29, 2014
Saturday wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoying your athegasm? It really makes me laugh watching how your fear drives you to being such an immoral bigot.
chickenshit porter changed his name again!
chickenshit porter changed his name again!!
chickenshit porter changed his name again!!!

what a pile of chicken shit!
ZEUS

Germany

#708616 Mar 29, 2014
ZEUS wrote:
<quoted text>
A. Do you know of any building that didn't have a builder?
___ YES ___ NO
B. Do you know of any painting that didn't have a painter?
___ YES ___ NO
C. Do you know of any car that didn't have a maker?
___ YES ___ NO
If you answered "YES" for any of the above, give details:

an idiot atheist stepped up to the plate and pointed out the obvious. it took her church of atheism days to respond, squealing like a stuffed pig all the way home.

N,N, and N.

Whitechapel

#708617 Mar 29, 2014
the talk wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists letting out those hate speeches.
Go to Hell, you sick and ridiculous demonic bastard.
like they say, it's your hell----you go there!

BLOW ME, FAT BOY!!!

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#708618 Mar 29, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
I would disagree. Let's suppose the police get called to a death scene. They don't have any witness who can say "I saw this person die and I saw how it happened." So all they have is a body. They start working the scene to collect evidence. They can't ask for a volunteer from the curious crowd to volunteer to be killed to repeat what they believe to be true. Any homicide detective will tell you that each homicide is unique. The homicide can't be repeated, and very rarely happens in the presence of a homicide detective. With me so far?
That's why not all evidence is repeatable.
<quoted text>
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but that's not true either. Genesis isn't about ***how*** human existence started. Now it may offer the sequence of events from the perspective of the writer as inspired, and yes it was meant to be taken that God literally created life, but as I stated, it doesn't concern itself with the processes. They're of no importance. Unless you really believe that God's speaking was the cause. That doesn't make sense. What does make sense is God making a declaration that there should be light. Somehow, it came to be. But I don't interpret God's words in Genesis to equate to a cosmic "abracadabra."
The purpose of the creation account in chapters 1 and 2 of Genesis is to display God's will to create a home for humans, and to have a personal loving relationship with them. The cosmic and biological mechanics are not the author's purpose. The author's intent has been misunderstood by the modern mind, and misrepresented by those who have a presupposed bias and agenda to disprove the existence of God.
Yo Ghost.

1) Repeatability is a term most non-scientists have a problem understanding. What it boils down to, is that I can break tiny parts of the case up and perform experiments. For instance, if the murder victim had massive internal trauma, I can replecate the shooting by shooting into a gelatin cast and physically see the damage done to the test body, and compare it to the murder victim's.

2) Yeah, they wanted to write a story about God making everything. But for them to know that, the omniscient and omnipotent creator would have talked to them directly, yes? Do you not think that the deity could have just said, "yo, write down E=mC^2, or V=u+at, or Q=It... You do not know what it means, but this would become useful about 4000 years from now". Or can we assume that ylur omnipotent and omnisient deity knows less of physics than the average fifth grader?

Lastly, we do not use the Bible to "disprove" your deity. Your Bible falls far short in delivering tangible proof in favour of your deity's existence. All we did was give verdict

Whitechapel

#708619 Mar 29, 2014
the talk wrote:
<quoted text>
You look so cute when you shadow box. Especially when you over swing and hit yourself right in the nose.
how do you know what people here look like?

YOU'RE DUMB!!!!!

blow me

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#708620 Mar 29, 2014
ZEUS wrote:
ZEUS wrote:
<quoted text>
A. Do you know of any building that didn't have a builder?
___ YES ___ NO
B. Do you know of any painting that didn't have a painter?
___ YES ___ NO
C. Do you know of any car that didn't have a maker?
___ YES ___ NO
If you answered "YES" for any of the above, give details:
N,N, and N.
Okay.

What now?

Prove there's a god.

You can't. Ya got nothing.

It's that simple.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#708621 Mar 29, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there anything that doesn't exist in your reality?
perfect health. this does not exist.
if my psoriasis is cured, then an ankle arthritis pain comes up.

permanent peace. this does not exist.
after Bush, Obama became the next problem

permanent life does not exist. no one lives forever.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#708622 Mar 29, 2014
T-Towns Smarter Brother wrote:
<quoted text>
like they say, it's your hell----you go there!
BLOW ME, FAT BOY!!!
ha ha :) hi T-Town :)

Whitechapel

#708623 Mar 29, 2014
cup of coffee wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicely put.
stop posting to yourself, and stop changing your IDs to give yourself positive judgeits. you're not fooling anyone but yourself. you are

DUMB!!!!!!!!!!

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#708624 Mar 29, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
and what makes you so sure that God did not help or guide you ? are you sure ? do you have any proof ? just because you did it yourself does not mean God did not help or guide you.
I do not believe in your deity nor religion.

I do not believe God is an invisible sky man granting wishes.

I believe God is the creative and motive force of the Universe.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#708625 Mar 29, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
Miracle is supernatural forces.
Magic is just an illusion.
both of them exist. when you watch a magician perform a magic, you see what transpires, right ? then magic exists. that's the reason why it is called magic. it exists. if it did not exist, then there is no magic word.
You can repeat the same gibberish for ever. It will never make any sense.

Are you related to RR ?
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#708626 Mar 29, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
He was a prophet of your gullibility like that.
He also said you could get half a dozen eggs in your mouth without breaking them.
half a dozen eggs ?= 6 = 3 men. omg !! i think he was right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 48 min onemale 286,463
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr bagittagit 101,073
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr emperorjohn 445,666
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr guest 670,486
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr Sky Writer 31 184,303
Fraud DoctoRx 9 hr HiddnNumbrz 1
_____Antichrist MARCH 2017_____ 10 hr Sobering2017News 1
More from around the web