Comments
670,081 - 670,100 of 734,064 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

“Faith = Trust”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#707423 Mar 26, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. If a teenager denies the Holy Spirit, no matter how much good they do for the rest of their life, no matter how much they might want to be a Christian later and beg Jesus for forgiveness, they are doomed to Hell. Because, Biblically-speaking, how humans treat people here on Earth is irrelevant to God's ego.
You have a misconception about blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. It's not what you think it is. In fact, the dumbest thing I ever heard of was the "Spirit Blasphemy Challenge" issued by the idiot four horses asses, er I mean Dawkins, Hitchens, Dennett, and Harris. Yeah I was right. The four horses asses.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#707424 Mar 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Christine is stupid for saying that we have meteors, Darwin is stupid for saying that people collect asteroids.
I thought the Topix Atheist! didn't indulge in the impossible.
Yes, we've sent a spacecraft to tail an asteroid and we collected data on that tail. That is very, very different from analyzing the interior of an astroid.
You claim we already have, prove it.
Well, we certainly have bits of the Chelyabinsk thingy.

Got bits of the Tunguska one, too.

“Faith = Trust”

Location hidden

#707425 Mar 26, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahaha oh god, that is priceless!
Scrooge... Any chance you were Pomona in a former life?
That's exactly who Screwge is.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#707426 Mar 26, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Its getting where Discovery and Animal Planet cant stop showing reality tv that has nothing to do with animals or science that I could scream. Cops, jail inmates, Alaska gold, treemen, gator boys, stuff that I will not watch. I want Discovery to be like the magazine, and animal planet to teach us about animals. Am I asking too much?
10,000 Maniacs: Candy Everybody Wants

It is sad, isn't it? I stopped watching TV many years ago because the vast majority of it is such junk. Even programs that I used to love like Nova on PBS have turned into jump-cut short-attention-span theater. And then there are the TED talks, which are little more than the secular version of evangelical sales pitches.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#707427 Mar 26, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
We have found iridium through spectral analysis, we have found iridium in fragmented remains and we have found iridium in larger impact craters.
What part of this do you 1) not understand, or 2) disagree with?
the "we" reference.

were you personally involved? seems like somone who demands hands-on proof for some things should demand the same for all things, but that's not how the gaytheist belief system operates........

San Francisco

#707428 Mar 26, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you must pursue the Clingons around Uranis! i find that Charmin works well with a Huggies wet-wipe finish;-)
You have the sense of humor of a four-year-old.
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#707429 Mar 26, 2014
what am I wrote:
Ok later me TB...
Which I probably lived through too since all my tests...
How many times can you be shot up with a dose of it?
Lay off the drugs moron!

“Truth and kindness”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#707430 Mar 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"A meteor is an asteroid or other object that burns and vaporizes upon entry into the Earth's atmosphere"
That doesn't back you up.
If something is vaporized, how is it collected?
Lots of them don't vaporize completely. You are like trying to teach a turnip. All head and no brains. But you are willfully ignorant, trying to get under other peoples skin. You know meteorites are all over the place and they came from space. You are just acting dumb, sure your name isn't Town Clown? You`re dumb?

“Faith = Trust”

Location hidden

#707431 Mar 26, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to know. You seem to understand that by making it personal, you have consented to certain changes in posting etiquette.
I have to admit that sometimes I get obnoxious in my sarcasm. I was out of line. I'm guilty of public misconduct so it's better to publicly own up to it and make whatever amends you would accept. I was wrong.

“Truth and kindness”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#707432 Mar 26, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
copied and pasted:
Job 42:10-17 (New King James Version)
10 And the LORD restored Job’s losses when he prayed for his friends. Indeed the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before. 11 Then all his brothers, all his sisters, and all those who had been his acquaintances before, came to him and ate food with him in his house; and they consoled him and comforted him for all the adversity that the LORD had brought upon him. Each one gave him a piece of silver and each a ring of gold.
12 Now the LORD blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning; for he had fourteen thousand sheep, six thousand camels, one thousand yoke of oxen, and one thousand female donkeys. 13 He also had seven sons and three daughters. 14 And he called the name of the first Jemimah, the name of the second Keziah, and the name of the third Keren-Happuch. 15 In all the land were found no women so beautiful as the daughters of Job; and their father gave them an inheritance among their brothers.
16 After this Job lived one hundred and forty years, and saw his children and grandchildren for four generations. 17 So Job died, old and full of days.
But none of that could replace the wife and children that were lost.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#707433 Mar 26, 2014
ChristINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Lay off the drugs moron!
How about a song today? been a while since you shared one.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#707434 Mar 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Meteors vaporize in the atmosphere, no one "has" a meteor.
Not all meteors completely vaporize in the atmosphere. Your excerpt mentioned them landing on the ground too. Remember?

In any case...

Why why would someone claiming to "have a meteor" evoke such an intense reaction from you?

It's almost as if you actually think they're saying they intercepted an incoming meteor, like Superman would, and brought it home for a doorstop.

Do you really require painfully and exactingly precise descriptive names when discussing rocks from space... on Topix... on this thread? No one else is whining about it. Everyone gets it, RR. You know the book definitions for this and that. Good for you. We're all just ecstatic about it.

Your current rant almost as pathetic as your "They lied about Pluto" escapades.

Prove there's a god.

San Francisco

#707435 Mar 26, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to admit that sometimes I get obnoxious in my sarcasm. I was out of line. I'm guilty of public misconduct so it's better to publicly own up to it and make whatever amends you would accept. I was wrong.
I wish more people on these threads had your level of maturity.

San Francisco

#707436 Mar 26, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
here's a thought: how about it if you true fascist/fundamentalist/sociali st's quit trying to tell the rest of us true liberals what to do???
What is it I'm supposedly telling you to do?

San Francisco

#707437 Mar 26, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a misconception about blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. It's not what you think it is. In fact, the dumbest thing I ever heard of was the "Spirit Blasphemy Challenge" issued by the idiot four horses asses, er I mean Dawkins, Hitchens, Dennett, and Harris. Yeah I was right. The four horses asses.
OK, if you say I have it wrong, then please delineate how.

Matthew 12:31-32: "Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come."

I deny that the Holy Spirit exists. Am I not speaking against it? And having said that, have I not doomed myself irreparably if I am wrong?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#707438 Mar 26, 2014
Technically... how can a *meteorite* hit the earth?

Someone can pick it up a throw it down... I guess.

Meteors DO INDEED hit the earth.

I rest my case.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#707439 Mar 26, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
I watched a NOVA episode recently on the Russian asteroid event from last year.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/earth/meteor-str...
Using the videos taken of the asteroid as it broke up over Russian, scientist were able to tell a great deal about its internal structure.
Damnit! I'm confused... again!

I mention asteroids in space, where they rightfully belong, or so I thought, and you respond with something about an asteroid in Russian airspace!

???

We gotta try and keep up with RR!

That's all that matters to us and you know it!

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#707440 Mar 26, 2014
Haven't people been struck by meteors?

Yes... I believe.

Howzat fit into the discussion?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Tenerife

#707441 Mar 26, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not that simple.
Ghost Writer was mocking the idea that the church has a terrible public relations problem - just before he went and made it a little bit worse on this thread. You people are accustomed to the Christian privilege of being able to marginalize and demonize unbelievers without repercussion. I'm here to tell you that those days are coming to a close. You are rapidly approaching minority status. I don't think that you can afford to provoke any more contempt or disrespect for religion unless you don't mind a majority that is hostile to it.
Truth.....and well said.

:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#707442 Mar 26, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> More like my toilet! "Swoosh" not anymore!
oh it don't work like dat, pushman....;-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min Eagle 12 226,567
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 15 min Tender Mercies 4,167
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min June VanDerMark 539,574
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 19 min Jim Justice 118,137
Last Word + 2 20 min Tender Mercies 560
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 51 min RADEKT 258,221
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 173,312
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Stephania capitani 600,207
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••