Prove there's a god.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#707987 Mar 27, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>The Stand and The Green Mile are two of my favorites of all time. Really enjoyed The Dome.
I love The Stand and Christine. The Dome was excellent, the tv show was rubbish.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#707988 Mar 27, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Its the continuing story of Danny from The Shining. Pretty good.
Yeah, I was telling Divinity Surgeon that I was gonna have to read it. I'm a big fan of his..The Shining is on the Sundance channel tomorrow night. I seen it a thousand times, but it is one of my favs. I like Salem's Lot a lot also..

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#707989 Mar 27, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>Its the continuing story of Danny from The Shining. Pretty good.
I loved it, unfortunately, it's too soon to read it again :(

“B. Hussein Obama---”

Since: Nov 09

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#707990 Mar 27, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does the Bible say that genocide, infanticide, sexism, racism, homophobia, and slavery are moral?
When your god ordered those crimes to be committed. Have you not read the Old Testament?
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#707991 Mar 27, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm quite fluent in fiction, Stephen King is a much better author than the legion who wrote the babble.
oh ? so just in case God will present to you a real Miracle, are you going to call it fiction ? Miracles are real. i have experienced it myself, as well as other people around the world. the Bible miracles maybe fake and no one can verify it. but how about this one ? can you explain it ?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#707992 Mar 27, 2014
Brand New Libertarian wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has a right to drive a car. Driving a car is a privilege.
When the State starts issuing permits--permission on paper--then rights are taken away.
Are you saying you are willing to ask the State for permission to have children? Do you believe having children should be relegated to being a privilege granted by the State?

Bullshit, driving was legal before licensing. Driving became a way the government could license
to operate vehicles on it's roads. It's perfectly legal to drive anything off city and state owned property. so driving on city and state owed roads requires a fee and demonstrated ability to do so.

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#707993 Mar 27, 2014
<quoted text>
I said property.
You saw the word property; why are you talking about confiscating illegal drugs, when I cleraly stated "property," and you saw the word property?
That's his new word game since we have finished with the meteor/meteorite one. He has to start another Word Fight Game.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#707994 Mar 27, 2014
"Owned"

“B. Hussein Obama---”

Since: Nov 09

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#707996 Mar 27, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit, driving was legal before licensing. Driving became a way the government could license
to operate vehicles on it's roads. It's perfectly legal to drive anything off city and state owned property. so driving on city and state owed roads requires a fee and demonstrated ability to do so.
I never mentioned "legal," I said "rights."

Can you show me where we have a right to drive a car? I'm pretty sure it's not mentioned in the Top Ten.

Location hidden

#707997 Mar 27, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I love The Stand and Christine. The Dome was excellent, the tv show was rubbish.
Christine, Carrie, Black House all good. Desperation was very good.
The only three movies that came very close to the books were Stand By Me, The Shawshank Redemption and the Green Mile. The Green Mile was spot on.

Location hidden

#707998 Mar 27, 2014
<quoted text>
No one has a right to drive a car. Driving a car is a privilege.
When the State starts issuing permits--permission on paper--then rights are taken away.
Are you saying you are willing to ask the State for permission to have children? Do you believe having children should be relegated to being a privilege granted by the State?
The way I see some children being jerked up, their parents should have never been allowed to have them.

Not to mention every day we hear about some child beaten to death, or starved to death by their so called parents.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#707999 Mar 27, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
"Owned"
LOL!

Aura's feeling RIGHTEOUS tonight!

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#708000 Mar 27, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>Christine, Carrie, Black House all good. Desperation was very good.
The only three movies that came very close to the books were Stand By Me, The Shawshank Redemption and the Green Mile. The Green Mile was spot on.
I thought The Stand was pretty close too. Did you see Desperation? Crap movie. I agree on the other three.

They (whoever they might be) should redo the Christine, IT and Salem's Lot movies.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#708001 Mar 27, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
The blind hypocrisy of this mentally retarded godbot who believes in a supernatural deity because of a magic trick never ceases to amaze. There's something very wrong with you, kid!
what happened in Grand Canyon remains in Grand Canyon

well, there is a huge difference between Miracles and magic. that's why Miracles are never called magic :)

http://www.differencebetween.com/difference-b... #

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#708002 Mar 27, 2014
<quoted text>
I never mentioned "legal," I said "rights."
Can you show me where we have a right to drive a car? I'm pretty sure it's not mentioned in the Top Ten.
I got ta lookin'...

The first thing I stumbled across stated that a privileges are rights (special kinds of rights).

Then I quit lookin'.

That's how RR does it. Too bad he ain't here. He'd put a stop to this here ruckus right now!

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#708003 Mar 27, 2014
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Think maybe he's logophobic?
The word "atheist"... applied to him... makes RR cry.
I think you're right.
His overreaction was not necessary or appropriate, then he complicated matters when he called atheist ignorant.
So I decided to play on his "anal retentiveness" a bit.

:D
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#708004 Mar 27, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
I have had a few laughs from these folks. Mostly it was unintentional on their part. When they try to be funny it goes over like a lead balloon.
I find nothing amusing about their ignorance, cowardice, intolerance and arrogance especially when you consider the harm they've done by becoming the most divisive political force in our country's history. They deserve ridicule and contempt for being willing slaves purely for narcissistic reasons.

Sarah Palin: "We should create law based on the god of the bible."

We can start by stoning your daughter to death for having premarital sex and your husband can beat the shit out of you for trying to exert authority over men.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#708006 Mar 27, 2014
Billy Waddell wrote:
I also put my name on here, because I am not afraid of the truth.
The blind hypocrisy of a pathetically brainwashed godbot acknowledging being a death-denying cowardly slave to Christian dogma then stating he's not afraid of the truth is almost beyond belief. In reality, you're scared shitless of the truth. There's no god and no afterlife. You're a f*cking moron, Billy Waddell!

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#708007 Mar 27, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
The person who interviewed him last said he truly appeared remorseful. That he thought he should have been sentenced to death, and may have caused his own death, even by forcing other inmates to doing the job for him.
Minister Roy Ratcliff ministered him in prison.
Quoted.
I became convinced of Jeff’s sincerity by one happening. On a certain visit we came to the end of our study time together. The prison guard had given us the signal, but right then, before I stood to leave, Jeff bared his soul.
“I feel very, very bad about the crimes I’ve committed. In fact, I think I should have been put to death by the state for what I did.”
“I agree with you,” I said.“You should have been put to death by the state for the crimes you committed.”
He replied,“If that is true, am I sinning against God by continuing to live?”
“Boy, you sure picked a time to bring this up,” I answered.“We can’t go into all this now, but I can see where you are going.” I asked him to read the first half of Romans 13 (13:1-7) before my next visit.“That passage relates to your question,” I said.
“I will. Take care – I’ll see you next time,” he said as I left.
On the drive home all this ran through my mind. Jeff was thinking of suicide. Would he take matters into his own hands and kill himself? Did he feel so bad about himself that he no longer wanted to live?
At my next meeting with Jeff, I began with his question,“Am I sinning against God by continuing to live?”
I told him,“Romans 13 does say God has placed a sword in the hand of the governing authority. That’s why I agreed with you last week when you said you thought the state should have put you to death.”
“Yes,” he replied.“But has the state failed its duty by not putting me to death?”
“I can’t answer that question. I can say that God has put a sword in the state’s hand, and the state has that right from God. This state has apparently chosen to lay down its sword and take up a rod instead.
Read more at http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Christianity/...
Read more at http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Christianity/...
I wonder if Dahmer had the dreaded kuru disease? Maybe if he hadn't been murdered in jail, he may have developed it eventually.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#708008 Mar 27, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought The Stand was pretty close too. Did you see Desperation? Crap movie. I agree on the other three.
They (whoever they might be) should redo the Christine, IT and Salem's Lot movies.
Salem's Lot was remade a while back with rob lowe in it.. not as good as the original, but hardly anything is. I watched Deloris Claiborne yesterday. I liked Storm Of The Century also. There aren't many of his I don't like..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Joe Fortuna 101,326
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 16 min Sky Writer 31 184,324
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min Pres Mr Donald J ... 670,587
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rob Ford Jr 286,265
Ted Bundy's Daughter (Jul '14) 3 hr Poppy _36 6
I love you sister Joyce Meyer 6 hr lightbeamrider 2
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 hr Jehova Witness 445,674
More from around the web