Prove there's a god.
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#707246 Mar 26, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
Welcome back dude, you're rants have been missed..
Thanks! I see the Retarded Redneck still takes great personal pride in being mentally retarded via Christin indoctrination.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#707247 Mar 26, 2014
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
By definition, a cause comes before an event. If time began with the universe, "before" does not even apply to it, and it is logically impossible that the universe be caused.
Hummm, then you have the question what caused god, if, as some claim, god does not need a cause, then by the same reasoning, neither does the universe.
There is also the argument that in the quantum world effect can precede cause.

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/causation-b...
http://guardianlv.com/2013/09/research-shows-...

New, as yet unpublished experiments in particle physics indicate that no cause is required.

Also consider that the laws of thermodynamics (giving rise to our understanding of cause and affect) did not begin to form until some time after the event (approximately 10^-34th of a second) and did not fully resolve until around 10^-24th of a second after the event.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#707248 Mar 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But I like my relion.
And you like your capsice even better.

#707249 Mar 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Yes, science has a perfect explanation for the beginnings of life.
I just can't remember what it is.
<quoted text>
Well? What is science's explanation for the beginnings of life?
Science does not yet have an explanation, as you well know.

And because science does not have an explanation, science admits that it has not got an explanation

However science is working on discovering the answer to perhaps one of the most important questions ever asked.

Unlike religion that is resting on it’s Bronze Age guesswork

Science does not say “Doh! I don’t know so I guess my god dun it wiv magic, ehhm yeah dat sound about right, yeah, it was my god dun it, you wanna know somfin? I used to be really fick until I fort of dat one.”
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#707250 Mar 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
We "have" meteors? Who has meteors and how do they "have" them?
As I've explained repeatedly, you'll never meet a more severe case of mental retardation via Christian indoctrination. You truly are a national embarrassment, disgrace to the human race and complete waste of a sperm cell. Your posts are so absolutely pathetic that rational people have questioned whether you're a poe having a laugh at the expense of fundies.

Meteors hit earth on a daily basis, you f*cking moron! You're totally humiliating yourself in an international forum when you should be institutionalized immediately for treatment of your mental illness.

Why Study Comets, Meteors and Asteroids?
http://www.nasa.gov/connect/chat/hartley_chat...

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#707251 Mar 26, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks! I see the Retarded Redneck still takes great personal pride in being mentally retarded via Christin indoctrination.
Yeah, well, keeps things interesting..I fault no one for personal opinions Scrooge..
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#707252 Mar 26, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Sounds like you got me fked up with someone you know!
Looks like you're heading in that direction.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#707253 Mar 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Asteroids exist in space, you know "outer space"?
Please tell me how I can send one in for analysis.
Thanks in advance.
You're correct in that "asteroids" don't exist on earth. You're just playing the 'name game' again.

Does sending spacecraft to examine asteroids in outer space count?

Location hidden

#707254 Mar 26, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like you're heading in that direction.
What of it? Does it affect you personally In any way? If it does, I suggest you call someone that gives a [email protected]! Cause I ain't him!

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#707255 Mar 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true.
The theory of intelligent design holds that certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection.
Okay, so my speculating that you were referring to your god here as the intelligent design and/or the intelligent cause was wrong?

By all means, explain this theory of intelligent design. What certain features of the universe and what living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, and what or who is an intelligent cause? Explain how these "certain" features and living things are not an undirected process.

Location hidden

#707256 Mar 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, what is a lodi?
CCR

Lodi

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#707257 Mar 26, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
There is also the argument that in the quantum world effect can precede cause.
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/causation-b...
http://guardianlv.com/2013/09/research-shows-...
New, as yet unpublished experiments in particle physics indicate that no cause is required.
Also consider that the laws of thermodynamics (giving rise to our understanding of cause and affect) did not begin to form until some time after the event (approximately 10^-34th of a second) and did not fully resolve until around 10^-24th of a second after the event.
Thank you for those links.
:D

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#707258 Mar 26, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And you like your capsice even better.
Lol

Shu'up
Henry

Bad Frankenhausen, Germany

#707259 Mar 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually very few Christians believe in the "once saved, always saved" ideology.
The majority of us know that there are many ways one cannot gain access to heaven.
You're being biased and your stereotyping us, why?
Never was any heaven or hell nor devil no angels and so on.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#707260 Mar 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
What asteroids or meteors have scientists analyzed?
<quoted text>
Words are important here.
Please tell me how I can find an asteroid and send it in for analysis.
Thanks in advance.
Actually since they're worth alot of money, there are meteorite hunters that tract them down.
Henry

#707261 Mar 26, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one running away by avoiding the question. I would think you'd be enthusiastic to answer it, actually. Let's try again, shall we?
Let's say for the sake of argument that the universe did have a designer; how to you prove that designer was your specific deity? There are many, many gods which supposedly created the universe. And that assumes that someone on Earth correctly identified who the designer is, and it assumes that designer still exists too.
Not the faintest idea of any god. Just phantoms or myths nothing else.

#707262 Mar 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Asteroids exist in space, you know "outer space"?
Please tell me how I can send one in for analysis.
Thanks in advance.
And meteorites exist on earth, meteorites are asteroids that have fallen to a planet, in this case earth.

Asteroids fall to earth every day and become known as meteorites

You can collect ex asteroids just about anywhere. As I said try your back yard.
Henry

#707263 Mar 26, 2014
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
By definition, a cause comes before an event. If time began with the universe, "before" does not even apply to it, and it is logically impossible that the universe be caused.
Hummm, then you have the question what caused god, if, as some claim, god does not need a cause, then by the same reasoning, neither does the universe.
No god no universe.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#707264 Mar 26, 2014
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Never was any heaven or hell nor devil no angels and so on.
Oh.... there are some angels.

http://www.fantom-xp.com/wallpapers/14/Blue_A...

“Faith = Trust”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#707265 Mar 26, 2014
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
Not all ideologies are equal. They can't all be true at the same time in the same way. This is the Law of Non-contradiction, as I'm sure you're well aware.
Permit me to ask you a question...
In Genesis 1:26-27 describes mankind's appearance along with woman.
In Genesis 2 We see another appearance of mankind , then later god introduces woman {verse 18} NIV
1.Do you hold and insist that the entire human race of today is descended from one man and woman, Adam and Eve?
2.Do you hold and insist that no other humans or human-like creatures (e.g. soulless men) were living at the time Adam and Eve were created?
Here is how the Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 creation accounts differ. First, recent scholarship regarding ancient Hebrew writing suggests that the creation accounts are poetic devices that speak of a purpose. Secondly, Genesis 1 is written in general terms, while Genesis 2 is the same account but goes into more detail from a slightly different perspective. I'd caution you to carefully consider this answer as plausible speculation. I'm not saying it's absolutely true. Given what we know about early Hebrew writing, it's more plausible than not. And sometimes that just has to be good enough.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min PadMark 675,949
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 33 min nanoanomaly 110,961
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 36 min Gotti 305
Arkansas right for punishing heinous crimes 1 hr Doctor REALITY 7
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Tony 6,234
Apr 30 President Trump: "News Media Twists Fac... 8 hr Wtf 1
News Trump invites Philippines Duterteto Washington,... 10 hr discocrisco 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 hr AussieBobby 286,315
More from around the web