Prove there's a god.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#707229 Mar 26, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
These God-of-the-Gaps arguments are actually one reason that I became an atheist. My pastor kept telling us of all these things that required a God to be, but I kept finding out that science had a perfectly natural explanation for them. It seemed the church was wrong about a great many things. Applying inductive logic, it seemed likely they were wrong about what little was left.
Yes, science has a perfect explanation for the beginnings of life.

I just can't remember what it is.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#707230 Mar 26, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that quote from Job says nothing scientific, don't you?
And anyway, imaginary beings don't 'know" anything.
It doesn't? Really! Then maybe you should go read the 50 or so questions God ask Job and apply it to "Science" as you know it today.
I think you might find that God already knew and He states that it (understanding ) has been reserved, which means for future generations ( "Science") no doubt..
But, a nod is as good as a wink, to a blind horse..

Location hidden

#707231 Mar 26, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
Angry creationists demand equal time on Tyson’s ‘Cosmos’
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecul...
Evolution is the foundation of modern biology, and giving Creationists equal time when discussing biology would be no different than giving equal time to the Flat Earth Society when discussing geology. In reality, there is no controversy, and there is no scientific debate: Evolution is accepted science, while Creationism is discredited theology.
Welcome back dude, you're rants have been missed..

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#707232 Mar 26, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
RR is once again being dishonest (big surprise).
He has been informed that the Haeckel's drawings he is mentioning are there for historical reference and not scientific proof.
And yet, knowing this, he still keep trying to make the same argument. Quite dishonest.
I see that you ignored the post I made to DF, explaining what books still have Haeckel's fake drawings in them.

And no, you're wrong. They don't all have them in their books for historical reference.

Peter H Raven & George B Johnson, Biology (6th ed, McGraw Hill, 2002), pg. 1229
The authors also continue to claim that “embryonic stages of a particular vertebrate often reflect the embryonic stages of that vertebrate's ancestors.”

Douglas J. Futuyma, Evolutionary Biology (3rd ed, Sinauer, 1998), pg. 653
"An illustration of von Baer's law: three stages in the development of several vertebrates. All the vertebrates share many common features early in development; many distinguishing features of the classes and orders appear later."

Cecie Starr and Ralph Taggart, Biology: The Unity and Diversity of Life (8th ed, Wadsworth, 1998), pg. 317
"From comparative embryology, some evidence of evolutionary relationships among vertebrates.... Adult vertebrates show great diversity, yet the very early embryos retain striking similarities" ... The early embryos of vertebrates strongly resemble one another because they have inherited the same ancient plan for development."

V. Joseph Raver, Biology: Patterns and Processes of Life (J.M.Lebel, 2004, draft version presented to the Texas State Board of Education for approval in 2003), pg. 100
“All vertebrate embryos closely resemble one another in early development."

Kenneth R Miller & Joseph Levine, Biology: The Living Science (Prentice Hall, 1998), pg. 223
"As you can also see, studies of developing embryos revealed even more surprising similarities."

Kenneth R Miller & Joseph Levine, Biology (4th ed., Prentice Hall, 1998), pg. 283
“However, as you can see in Figure 13-16, all of these embryos are similar in appearance during early stages of development.”(pg. 283) The caption reads:“During certain embryological stages, vastly different organisms show similarities. During later stages of development, profound changes occur. Thus the adults bear little resemblance to one-another.”

---

What were you saying about dishonesty?

Are these textbooks proof of science correcting itself?
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#707233 Mar 26, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Really? Science hasn't explained anything about nature that God didn't already know. Example
Job 38:22
Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow?
Or hast thou seen the treasures of the Hail?
Now, you tell me, what has "science" proven that wasn't already known about nature?
Seems like God already knew, doesn't it?
there are many examples of God showing Job is Ignorance in questioning him.
Ahh, Jesus freaks. I've seen 'em come and I've seen 'em go.
You're initially excited about your new life in Christ, then over time you begin to realize that your expectations are not being met, that your new life is not significantly different than your old life.
Now the fun really begins when you realize you're more lost than ever before.
The process usually takes about nine months to a year before you understand you've been duped.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#707234 Mar 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But it’s so easy to guess when you can’t remember – right?

#707235 Mar 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
What asteroids or meteors have scientists analyzed?
<quoted text>
Words are important here.
Please tell me how I can find an asteroid and send it in for analysis.
Thanks in advance.
Honey, the chances are when you are digging in your yard you will have noticed that some of the stones you unearth feel particularly heavy.

Or perhaps some look as though they have been melted in a fire.

Next time you find such a rock send it for analysis.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#707236 Mar 26, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
Acts 3:19
Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord,
Ephesians 1:7
In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace
Need more?
More? How about one?

You said; "Every other sin can and will be forgiven if the believer is sincere in requesting forgiveness from God."

You haven't shown one verse to back you up.

Just give it up, you don't understand the Bible, you don't understand sin and you don't understand forgiveness from God.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#707237 Mar 26, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
There is an aspect of speculation in science. All science is tentative and can be overturned with new evidence. The speculation comes in where one extrapolates from known facts to new hypotheses.
But RR is likely trying to say science is pure speculation, which is false. It is based on facts and then attempts to explain those facts.
I do agree with you, though, that religion is without factual basis. Religion IS pure speculation.
Woah there, I never said that science is pure speculation.

What did you say about dishonesty?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#707238 Mar 26, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeez, RR. We HAVE meteors with high concentrations of iridium.
But you have to deny facts to hold onto your religion. How sad.
We "have" meteors?

Who has meteors and how do they "have" them?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#707239 Mar 26, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW...if Job said something about water being made up of hydrogen and oxygen, and having polarity you might have a point. But it doesn't. All it mentions is that snow and hail exist. That is hardly ground breaking science.
That's no surprise.

The Bible isn't a science book, it doesn't attempt to teach us science.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#707240 Mar 26, 2014
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
By definition, a cause comes before an event. If time began with the universe, "before" does not even apply to it, and it is logically impossible that the universe be caused.
Hummm, then you have the question what caused god, if, as some claim, god does not need a cause, then by the same reasoning, neither does the universe.
The universe is a physical, tangible thing that we can poke and prod and study.

God isn't, so your speculation falls flat.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#707241 Mar 26, 2014
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
By definition, a cause comes before an event. If time began with the universe, "before" does not even apply to it, and it is logically impossible that the universe be caused.
Hummm, then you have the question what caused god, if, as some claim, god does not need a cause, then by the same reasoning, neither does the universe.
BTW, what is a lodi?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#707242 Mar 26, 2014
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why we atheists are atheists. The attitude of Christians that think they can do anything and still be forgiven and end up in heaven. And the "once saved, always saved". Wasuuuup has this philosophy.
I do good because I want to without religion telling me I have to.
Actually very few Christians believe in the "once saved, always saved" ideology.

The majority of us know that there are many ways one cannot gain access to heaven.

You're being biased and your stereotyping us, why?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#707243 Mar 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:

ChristineM wrote:

But it’s so easy to guess when you can’t remember – right?
Well? What is science's explanation for the beginnings of life?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#707244 Mar 26, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, the chances are when you are digging in your yard you will have noticed that some of the stones you unearth feel particularly heavy.
Or perhaps some look as though they have been melted in a fire.
Next time you find such a rock send it for analysis.
Asteroids exist in space, you know "outer space"?

Please tell me how I can send one in for analysis.

Thanks in advance.

Location hidden

#707245 Mar 26, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, Jesus freaks. I've seen 'em come and I've seen 'em go.
You're initially excited about your new life in Christ, then over time you begin to realize that your expectations are not being met, that your new life is not significantly different than your old life.
Now the fun really begins when you realize you're more lost than ever before.
The process usually takes about nine months to a year before you understand you've been duped.
Sounds like you got me fked up with someone you know!
Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#707246 Mar 26, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
Welcome back dude, you're rants have been missed..
Thanks! I see the Retarded Redneck still takes great personal pride in being mentally retarded via Christin indoctrination.

#707247 Mar 26, 2014
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
There is also the argument that in the quantum world effect can precede cause.

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/causation-b...
http://guardianlv.com/2013/09/research-shows-...

New, as yet unpublished experiments in particle physics indicate that no cause is required.

Also consider that the laws of thermodynamics (giving rise to our understanding of cause and affect) did not begin to form until some time after the event (approximately 10^-34th of a second) and did not fully resolve until around 10^-24th of a second after the event.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#707248 Mar 26, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But I like my relion.
And you like your capsice even better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 18 min TrumpTheRetard 41,595
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 41 min Paul is dead 539
Sometimes I like Louis Farrakhan's "sermons"...... 1 hr Paul is dead 97
God......do You enjoy wacthing me SUFFER?? 1 hr Doctor REALITY 15
Would the world have been better off...without ... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Why it's high time to get rid of billionaires 3 hr Paul is dead 53
Trump's "Russia Worries" louder than the noon sun 5 hr Johnny 9
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 hr guest 690,311
More from around the web