“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#706830 Mar 25, 2014
The new movie Transcendence looks very non-locally based.

xD
tricki

Birdsboro, PA

#706831 Mar 25, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
tricki asks the following questions:
A. Do you know of any building that didn't have a builder?
___ YES ___ NO
B. Do you know of any painting that didn't have a painter?
___ YES ___ NO
C. Do you know of any car that didn't have a maker?
___ YES ___ NO
If you answered "YES" for any of the above, give details
New Age writes:
Thanks gw2u.
Just as I predicted.
Why would you ask such questions when they only has one answer?
Are you trying to apply a "gotcha moment", in order to speak what you really want to say?
Why don't you just post what you want to say?
What are you afraid of?
Why don't you start answering some of the questions I've posted?
I would also suggest that you should answer them using honesty.
If you were to, then the questions you post here are null and void.
Thanks gw2u. That exactly what I said you and wildebeest would do. I don't even need 1/10 of my brain power to predict who you are and what you will do next, is that right Nawton?

Discernment. You don't have it and you can't get it. Prophecy sees into the hearts/lives of sinners

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#706832 Mar 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
A theoretical frameworks provides a particular view through which to examine a topic.
Why wasn't that a theoretical framework?
The ABC guide to creating a theory:

Observation --> hypothesis

Until here, ID is fine. For instance: The Black Mamba has the most advanced venom delivery method of all species belonging to the order serpentes (fact). Hypothesis: Designer, God, Allah, Vishnu designed the Black Mamba to have the longest fangs of all elapids, never giving a dry bite and it having the snake venom with the lowest molar mass, making it spread fast through its victims with unmatched speed.

But now: falsification. In the scientific method, EVERY HYPOTHESIS MUST HAVE A FALSIFICATION HYPOTHESIS.

What is a falsifying hypothesis? It is a theoretical observation that must be made in order to prove the hypothesis false. Let us give examples:

In Evolution, the hypothesis is that modern mammals evolved from synapsid ancestors around 270 million years ago (I may have that time frame out with a few, no biggie). Falsification? If you find a rabbit fossil and can date it back to, say, the Cambrian or Devonian Periods.

Hypothesis: Humans breathe out CO2. Falsification: Proving that humans breathe out another gas (do the experiment: exhale through a straw into a glass of bright chalk water. CO2 turns the water milky. Try it)

This is very important: If you cannot falsify a claim, IT IS NOT SCIENTIFIC.

Lets put this into a real world scenario: sticking with the Black Mamba (which is, IMHO, the most awesome animal on the planet!), many researchers are analysing its highly potent venom and the peptides present may be a painkiller more than a thousand times as potent as morphine. This hypothesis may have great financial implications, as you can imagine. As a researcher, you need to know whether this claim is true or false. If its true, you need to produce it in drug form. If its false, you need to stop allocating resources and manpower into researching it. Obviously, you will have your venom samples and test subjects, to do some kind of experiment. You need to be able to observe the effects and finally draw a conclusion, to either support or falsify the given hypothesis

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#706833 Mar 25, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were more familiar with science then you'd realize that yes, in fact there are thousands and thousands of scientists who's careers revolve around studying and tracking the ancestry of various species, families, and kingdoms of life and their origins. And over the last century reams and reams of information have been published. You don't have to rely on arguments from incredulity.
Complex life evolved from simpler forms over millions upon millions of years. It's not as if slime suddenly turned into humans overnight.
wild said "....in fact there are thousands and thousands of scientists who's careers revolve around studying..."

in fact there's also thousands and thousands of gays who lives revolve around homosexuality and who resent the idea of a Creator and His family who don't condone that behavior - so what's your point???

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Long Beach

#706834 Mar 25, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Probably because they're tired of all the humanist, satanist buttpirates like Bob who keep trying to turn their sons into cherry boys.
The truth IS most Christian zealots are turning to home-schooling or sending their children to private, religion-based schools. They've mostly given up trying to influence school boards that are just as spineless as the RCC is when dealing with deviant employees.
The public school system is a failure and it's worse now that Obama has insisted on placing borderline morons in Advanced Placement classes. We will soon be labeled the Nation of Marching Morons, dumbed down by an ass who insists on giving A's to D students because he thinks they deserve to have their self esteem bolstered by taxpayer dollars. Obama handicapped our space program for a reason, partly because he knows the mental cripples he's funding can never do the work required to gain lift off, partly because he's a fkg Muslim that thinks if God wanted us to fly we would have wings. You losers' self-proclaimed "progressive" president is only promoting an Islamic/Orwellian empire based on punishing the West for being so economically successful.
Christian conservatives are the last thing you should worry about, flake.
WOW......

Just WOW

Location hidden

#706835 Mar 25, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
And other children are legally allowed to pray to Satan in front of yours.
That's already been going on for a long time now, so why are you whining about it now?

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#706836 Mar 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. So iridium is found in high concentration in meteorites but is very scarce on Earth..
Brilliant.
Thanks Wiki
So what explanation do you have for the thin black layer at the K-T boundary, which is very high in iridium...as noted being very scarce on Earth, but plentiful in meteorites? And that this layer is present everywhere on Earth where the K-T boundary can be seen.

And take into account that there is also a very large undersea crater off the coast of the Yucatan that dates to the K-T boundary as well. This crater is not of volcanic origin.

#706837 Mar 25, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah? But, like Nero, you can't kill the all because then who else would you blame for the burning of Rome?
The Gingers!

Location hidden

#706838 Mar 25, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
But then they can't be like the "hypocrites praying in the streets and public places".
None of them want to follow Jesus. All they have done for 1700+ years is find excuses NOT to listen to Jesus.
You are FOS. Until you have to put up with the hypocrisy in U.S. public schools your opinion is worthless.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#706839 Mar 25, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> That doesn't seem to be the case when the Germans burned them in the pits, but they used large amounts of accelerants I would guess, but most of them were reduced to ash.
I don't know how hot crematoria get, but get anything hot enough and it will break down.
tricki

Birdsboro, PA

#706840 Mar 25, 2014
To any Christian reading the garbage on this demon controlled dump, no other Christians post here. The debates are fixed. Christian hating demon possessed fools pretend to be believers and offer cream puff questions to the demons to make them look good

Notice the witch from krazi, aka amalgam, aka every poster except me, including spiritual advisor or whatever, are all gw2u.

Do they profess to be saved by the blood of the lamb? Are you kidding? They choke on those words. Very simple. They think they fool people. It is funny.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#706841 Mar 25, 2014
Oookkkk!!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#706842 Mar 25, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were more familiar with science then you'd realize that yes, in fact there are thousands and thousands of scientists who's careers revolve around studying and tracking the ancestry of various species, families, and kingdoms of life and their origins. And over the last century reams and reams of information have been published. You don't have to rely on arguments from incredulity.
Complex life evolved from simpler forms over millions upon millions of years. It's not as if slime suddenly turned into humans overnight.
wild also said "Complex life evolved from simpler forms over millions upon millions of years. It's not as if slime suddenly turned into humans overnight"

i've heard this said many many times, but you'll hafta pardon me if i don't wager my eternal soul on it unless someone can really prove it with at least 13 billion years worth of closely monitored study and observation.

you can't direct me to any 13 billion year old documents on this stuff, can you pal?:-)

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#706843 Mar 25, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> The problem isn't what you can say or do, it's what the prosecutor can make it appear the defendant said. Once those ideas form in a juror's head it's hard to dispel. Many innocent people have been convicted this way, some eventually prove themselves innocent by scientific means, but the damage is already done.
The Prosecutor here tried to convict once KNOWING I was Innocent! She knew w/out a DOUBT that I was Innocent, but was still trying to give me a 20 piece!

“The Bible is no science book”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#706844 Mar 25, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>Jeffery Dalmerhttp://www.youtube.com/w atch?v=ZnPvb9HtSWwXX
Israell Keyes
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/07/isra...
Pol Pot, Stalin,
What I have learned is that Dahlmers father was a proponent of Creationism, and that he went to church with his grandmother all the time (about 5 years) he lived with her, and that he was baptized in prison.

#706845 Mar 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry to hear about your pizza. I suppose that's what you get for ordering it with pineapple. What's wrong with you?
As far as the rest goes, that's the assumption I'm talking about. You just write it better than I. Thanks.
Assumption? Give credit where due. The hypothesis is supported by evidence recovered by hardworking (but poorly paid) professionals and have published their findings in peer-reviewed journals.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#706846 Mar 25, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
ok, if override is the word then so be it. but i still believe i was praying when i asked God to help me heal my psoriasis. God gave me guidance. i was able to buy the correct medication and my psoriasis is healed.
Now you should pray your deity leads you to a psychoanalyst.

Location hidden

#706847 Mar 25, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> You mean like the Ink running out in a printer after making copy after copy after copy? I am no scientist and this may sound stupid, but doesn't/wouldn't that say Evolution is BS? That would mean, to me, that species would be going extinct and declining. I mean how can that be if things were evolving (Becoming). Adaption is a given for any species. The Evolving is something that, to me, is something that just can't be happening, especially the way it has been represented (everything from single cell ) The clown fish comes to mind. They use that one poisonous plant as shelter in the Ocean, I can't think of the name of the plant, but the clown fish would've never been able to "Evolve" to have used that plant for protection..How could it have? Really a Mystery Huh..
Eat right, live longer.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/ar...

One bowl of shredded wheat each day, or something else with a similar amount of B-12 in it, NOT a vitamin supplement.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#706848 Mar 25, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
wild said "....in fact there are thousands and thousands of scientists who's careers revolve around studying..."
in fact there's also thousands and thousands of gays who lives revolve around homosexuality and who resent the idea of a Creator and His family who don't condone that behavior - so what's your point???
Sorry, did I interrupt your obsessing about gay people?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Long Beach

#706849 Mar 25, 2014
EVOLVING IMAGINATIONS wrote:
Please keep in mind that proof of evolution is not required for rational, justified belief.
BUT.....proof apparently IS required for those of us who believe in God.
You can stop looking for the missing link now since you don't need proof. All that is needed is an imagination.
Evolution provides easy answers for those who want them, complete with pictures for all to see. Of course they aren't the correct answers.
I still want to know how something came from nothing.
Keep the faith in your evolution search, maybe one day you will observe your hair falling out. LOL !
<quoted text>
You write:
"You can stop looking for the missing link now since you don't need proof. All that is needed is an imagination."

No, we stopped looking for the 'missing link' when DNA science came along and verified what many paleoanthropologists had been saying for years....we ARE in the great ape line. We did evolve and modern humans, Homo-sapiens, have roamed the earth for at least 200,000 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll have you been completely naked when your home a... 12 min girls united states 22
Poll Why are asians so dumb? (Jan '13) 13 min adam 480
Any girls wanna sex Skype? (Jan '13) 20 min girls united states 95
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 29 min Classic 2,176
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 38 min Seentheotherside 609,737
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 44 min Liam 578,693
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 54 min Landasok 281
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr RADEKT 269,996
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr bacon hater 97,962
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 13 hr IWANNAPLAY 187
More from around the web