Prove there's a god.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#706762 Mar 25, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
I made no "admission", nor did I say that charisma "trumps" truth. In the vast majority of criminal trials in the American legal system, truth does prevail.
My observation was simply that charisma can, in certain circumstances, play a part in a jury trial.
You won't find a trial attorney who will disagree.
I would suspect that charisma will always play a role, even if no jury is involved. No matter who presides, who decides, or who gives a verdict, it is human beings which are involved.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#706763 Mar 25, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Prosecutors are professional twisters and can make even an innocent man seem guilty by his own words. That's why it's a bad idea to put them on the stand, only a few people could successfully counter a good prosecutors ability to milk what he wants the jury to hear from a defendant.
I'm very willing to go head-to-head with the ablest prosecutor.

I don't fear the twisting, or the manipulation.

My problem is with prosecutorial misconduct outside of the trial itself, principally the withholding of exculpatory evidence.

This is a very serious problem in our criminal law system. I see it almost daily.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#706764 Mar 25, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel sorry for them to have a dumbass like you for a mother.
So, you home school your kids; what a surprise. Don't expose them to a real education, prom queen.
As long as she has the teacher's edition answer book her kids are just as well educated as any other public school student.

Any 10 year old with access to the answer book could teach a class just as well as any teacher I had in elementary school. The bitches did literally nothing all day other than tell us what pages to read. They had students hand out the tests, we did the tests, and then the lazy cows had us grade each other's papers then hand them back in. I've had teachers who literally never pried their fat asses off their chair the entire class.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#706765 Mar 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it does.
It helps to know the different meanings of serpent and how they can be applied.
A talking serpent:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =EpGH02DtIwsXX&sns=em
Satan taking the form of a talking serpent is about as rational as the idea that Zeus would take on animals forms to seduce women.

Why would Satan take the form of a serpent? Or is Satan a full-time serpent?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#706766 Mar 25, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo RR
Direct me to your earlier posts, I kind of went for pizza and when I came back there was like ten billion posts.
Anyways:
What is a unrepeatable theory? What is a repeatable theory , for that matter?
Secondly, what is an unproven theory? What is a proven one ? Can you give one example? Then, tell us how do you "test" a theory?
Take the extinction of the dinosaurs for example, I know your craze with those creatures.

They say an asteroid or comet struck the earth some 65 million years ago and said asteroid or comet contained high levels of iridium and kicked up a worldwide dust cloud that blocked sunlight for a long time. This blocked out photosynthesis, this killing the dinosaurs food chain.

That is an assumption based on few facts, like iridium layers found with dinosaur fossils. Iridium hasn't been detected in asteroids or comets, so if you follow that theory, you must employ a large amount of speculation. You also would have to ignore all the other iridium layers that's been found and you'd have to ignore the fact that we've discovered iridium spewing from volcanos. You'd also have to ask why plant life still exists since the world was supposedly covered with a dust clots for many years.

More importantly, how was your pizza?

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#706767 Mar 25, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
Try it.
Build a garbage fire and get rid of some steak bones.
Doesn't work.
Bone doesn't burn easily.
We have bones from millions of animal burnings, no humans. We do have evidence of butchered and cooked bones of adult humans.
Nothing to support child sacrifices in Canaan.
True. An ordinary fire will not burn bone. Bone is burned during cremation, but the temperatures there are far higher.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#706768 Mar 25, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Probably because they're tired of all the humanist, satanist buttpirates like Bob who keep trying to turn their sons into cherry boys.
The truth IS most Christian zealots are turning to home-schooling or sending their children to private, religion-based schools. They've mostly given up trying to influence school boards that are just as spineless as the RCC is when dealing with deviant employees.
The public school system is a failure and it's worse now that Obama has insisted on placing borderline morons in Advanced Placement classes. We will soon be labeled the Nation of Marching Morons, dumbed down by an ass who insists on giving A's to D students because he thinks they deserve to have their self esteem bolstered by taxpayer dollars. Obama handicapped our space program for a reason, partly because he knows the mental cripples he's funding can never do the work required to gain lift off, partly because he's a fkg Muslim that thinks if God wanted us to fly we would have wings. You losers' self-proclaimed "progressive" president is only promoting an Islamic/Orwellian empire based on punishing the West for being so economically successful.
Christian conservatives are the last thing you should worry about, flake.
Hey, what's your take on today's "participation award" that's handed out to students that didn't win?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#706769 Mar 25, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that all of them?
Um no.

IANS said "your god", to me.

I don't believe in all gods.

Location hidden

#706770 Mar 25, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
Ac/Dc
Highway To Hell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =MOTMw0o1ELMXX
Going Down, Party Time,
My Friends Are Gonna Be There To
I'm On The Highway To Hell
irecknso!
A better highway song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

...for a finer flaming topix penis...

...not you...of course

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#706771 Mar 25, 2014
Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath

FKN Awesome!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#706772 Mar 25, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed the very important "except locally" part. Read the whole sentence.
No. The "life has no meaning" part was plenty enough for me to understand what the humanist was saying, because I know that humanists place very little value on life.
tricki

Birdsboro, PA

#706773 Mar 25, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's say for the sake of argument that the universe did have a designer; how to you prove that designer was your specific deity? There are many, many gods which supposedly created the universe. And that assumes that someone on Earth correctly identified who the designer is, and it assumes that designer still exists too.
let's assume we are not going to assume. your manipulating endeavors are way old. answer the question or is it too dangerous and logical? cause we all recognize how enthusiastically you address pure nonsense. but you run away all the time from basic but critically important questions. stop. don't divert.

say hi to GW2U. She disappeared just in time to avoid total humiliation, just as i promised she would

#706774 Mar 25, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
You really believe we think the world is flat? That's a HUGE misconception on your part. Even the ancients knew the Earth was round by looking at the shadow of the Earth on the surface of the moon. The idea that ALL Christians think the Earth is flat is an urban legend. My aunt was an atheist with an 8th grade education. And she really thought the earth was flat. Guess who demonstrated to her that the Earth is round? Me. A Christian. Go figure.
I did not say that you believed the world is flat. Reread my post and you might see that.

Since that is the case, you whole post is not worth the electrons that make it up.

#706775 Mar 25, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
You really believe we think the world is flat? That's a HUGE misconception on your part. Even the ancients knew the Earth was round by looking at the shadow of the Earth on the surface of the moon. The idea that ALL Christians think the Earth is flat is an urban legend. My aunt was an atheist with an 8th grade education. And she really thought the earth was flat. Guess who demonstrated to her that the Earth is round? Me. A Christian. Go figure.
One thing I have noticed, most of you theists on Topix aren't very good with analogies.

Location hidden

#706776 Mar 25, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok...now explain your pedophile priests actions.
So you "trick" for them too?
Tell it to your own pedophile priest, Bob.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#706777 Mar 25, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a very difficult question to answer in the abstract--each situation, and each trial, is different and calls for an overall trial strategy to suit the circumstances.
However, the prosecution goes first (for you, is it the Crown?), so the defense (you: defence) can see how things lie at the outset of its case. No matter when you put the defendant on the stand, he'll be subjected to cross-examination, so generally it doesn't matter when you put him on. If it's a very, very long trial, sometimes it's best to put him on early and, if things go sour, there will be time to attempt a "fix".
From what I have seen (and I confess I have been distracted by the Flight 370 saga), Pistorius faces an uphill struggle at this point. I see a double-digit sentence as a minimum.
I have the same sentiments: If you absopositively have have have to let the defendant take the stand, BRING HIM OUT EARLY. Here is my logic, correct me if I am wrong:

1) Your own expert witnesses may not prove to be as effective as you had hoped. Then your boy is going to face heavy fire if he takes stand after them

2) Like you said , if he gets torn apart, you can always attempt a fix

3) It is better to have his testimony ripped to shreds afterwards than having him take the stand with his version already torn apart

4) Lastly, you do not want the last images in the mind of the person (people) deciding the verdict or sentence be one where your client is torn apart by the prosecuting attorney

Oh, we do spell it "defence", and we also use the term "state".

Double digits? Methinks yes. Even if he does get off the murder charge (and that is a hell of a big if, at this juncture), culpable homicide carries a ten year sentence in SA. Plus all the gun-related charges? I would say fifteen years, give or take.

Location hidden

#706779 Mar 25, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
True. An ordinary fire will not burn bone. Bone is burned during cremation, but the temperatures there are far higher.
The Article BenAdam provided me with said that cremation makes the bone brittle and they crush them.. I thought they burnt up as well..

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#706780 Mar 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you don't understand the difference between Gnostic teaching and Christian teaching.
At some point you're going to have to understand that Christians do not follow Gnostic teaching.
Oh - I understand completely.

What I don't understand, is how a person can divide a person that "believe completely".....when clearly, if using honesty, your version of Jesus has been cut in half.

And with your post above, it appears to show that you are adamant at keeping it this way.

Why don't you believe Jesus?

Location hidden

#706781 Mar 25, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>A better highway song...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =BeTYi7roiU8XX
...for a finer flaming topix penis...
...not you...of course
Blackfoot
Highway Song
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

I saw these guys in concert at Cherokee North Carolina at a motorcycle rally
Man, they FKN ROCK TO!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#706782 Mar 25, 2014
tricki wrote:
<quoted text>
rare form
jesus said, "no man comes to the father except by me"
Jesus also said:

(3) Jesus says:

(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

If you will notice, Jesus speaks of something your church refuses to teach. Why don't you believe Jesus?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate 3 min ChristineM 1,941
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 19 min -Stray Dog 6,406
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 23 min Just Think 836
Should I marry this ugly blonde German girl or ... 28 min Felix loves Alison 16
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 1 hr sangili karuppan 1,838
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 hr sangili karuppan 7,475
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 2 hr Ajay 446
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr pusherman_ 599,406
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr WasteWater 272,403
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 hr Great Day of Arma... 612,892
More from around the web