Prove there's a god.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#706811 Mar 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, ya, ya.... So many convicts "find God" in prison, that's why the Christian-to-inmate ratio is so skewed. You'll get hardcore atheists like Dahmer get caught, realize his life is over, then all of a sudden find God.
He was an atheist when he committed his crimes, became a Christian only after getting caught.
I can't say for certain of course, but I find it unlikely that God would forgive Dahmer for what he did. I guess we'll both find out one day...
Then faith is weaker than acts, because acts can override faith in dooming a person. Also, all the Biblical passages which insist that one is saved by faith alone are wrong. And Jesus was an insufficient sacrifice.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#706812 Mar 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Science has not shrunken God.
I fail to understand why you think it has.
No need for science to shrink him, you put him on a stick. Then you make him disappear after appearing.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#706813 Mar 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe Jesus' teachings were cut in half, because I don't believe Gnostic teachings.
This is something you will have to learn one day...
Correctng you.....

You don't beleive Jesus' teachings were cut in half - because men told you this.

Stop being dishonest and you will surely be more enlightened than you are today.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#706814 Mar 25, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The "everybody gets a shining star no matter how bad they did on the test" award?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =NiUyJzVZHLAXX
Don't make me laugh.
The placing of idiots in advanced intellect classes is going to make life very hard on all of us in the future. It should be a crime.
LOL

I figured you wouldn't like the participation awards.

What about handing out respiratory awards for those that breathe really good?

"If everyone is special, then no one is."

What's your take on 3rd grade "graduation"?

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#706815 Mar 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Take the extinction of the dinosaurs for example, I know your craze with those creatures.
They say an asteroid or comet struck the earth some 65 million years ago and said asteroid or comet contained high levels of iridium and kicked up a worldwide dust cloud that blocked sunlight for a long time. This blocked out photosynthesis, this killing the dinosaurs food chain.
That is an assumption based on few facts, like iridium layers found with dinosaur fossils. Iridium hasn't been detected in asteroids or comets, so if you follow that theory, you must employ a large amount of speculation. You also would have to ignore all the other iridium layers that's been found and you'd have to ignore the fact that we've discovered iridium spewing from volcanos. You'd also have to ask why plant life still exists since the world was supposedly covered with a dust clots for many years.
More importantly, how was your pizza?
The pizza was mediocre at best. They went to heavy on the pineapple.

Okay. Iridium. I have no idea what sources you have used, but your info regarding the element is way, way wrong. It is amongst the rarest of all elements on earth - only 2-3 tonnes of it is produced by the earth each year. Given the size of the earth... That is pretty damned rare. In meteorites and asteroids, the iridium content is much, much higher than on earth. Iridium deposits are usually a sign of impact, in fact; for you woukd most commonly find it in impact craters.

Also, keep in mind, the theory regarding the extinction of dinosaurs has some very powerful evidence behind it:

1) Dinosaurs lived on planet earth for almost 170 million years, and have dominated the terrestial landscape for more than half that time. During the Mesozoic Period, their fossils are not only found, but common. Then, suddenly, at 65 mya, it all stops. No dinosaur fossil in history has ever been found to be younger than 65 million years. Take the amount of fossils, fragments, eggs, feathers and footprints we have found? What is the chance that this is a random occurence? Dinosaurs simply vanish at the end of the Cretaceous.

2) The Yuchatan Peninsula impact crater - a massive impact crater, indicative of a fast-moving object the size of Everest. To recreate this crater, an energy release of 100,000,000 Megatons is required. This points to an asteroid impact

3) Said crater is dated to 65 million years old, coinciding with the disappearance of the dinosaurs. Coincidence?

4) A great many other species also vanished from the fossil record, nit just dinosaurs. Immediately after the KT boundary, no terrestial animals larger than a terrier has ever been found.

5) There was a massive cloud blocking out the sun, but this would have dissipated within a year. It would have killed off all living plants, but not dormant ones.

6) When you look at strata from a cross-sectional view, you see the Mesozoic Period (containing dinosaur fossils) laying immediately under a black layer which we call the KT boundry. This black layer contains iridium, and above it, absolutely no dinosaur fossils are found.

As a footnote: It is my belief that most of the dinosaur population was killed off during the first day, post-impact. Not even the gloomiest of Bible writers could describe anything close to the hell our dear planet earth was that day. A hundred million megaton blast. EMP like shockwaves shattering anything within hundreds of miles. Earthquakes of magnitude 11 or 12, across the globe. 1000 foot tsunamis in all directions. Superheated air and environment. Acid rain fallout.

Hell, in short.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#706816 Mar 25, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm very willing to go head-to-head with the ablest prosecutor.
I don't fear the twisting, or the manipulation.
My problem is with prosecutorial misconduct outside of the trial itself, principally the withholding of exculpatory evidence.
This is a very serious problem in our criminal law system. I see it almost daily.
The problem isn't what you can say or do, it's what the prosecutor can make it appear the defendant said. Once those ideas form in a juror's head it's hard to dispel. Many innocent people have been convicted this way, some eventually prove themselves innocent by scientific means, but the damage is already done.

San Francisco

#706817 Mar 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Science has not shrunken God.
I fail to understand why you think it has.
It's easy to see. Just look at what people in the Bible attributed to God, and what people throughout history attributed to God over time. As people began to practice science, the role of God became ever smaller. Miracles happen less and less often, because now we can increasingly explain how things work. All religions have adapted and shrunk in scope. A good example is the Declaration of Independence making references to God (and a "creator"). Had that document been drafted today no such reference would have ever been made.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#706818 Mar 25, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Then faith is weaker than acts, because acts can override faith in dooming a person. Also, all the Biblical passages which insist that one is saved by faith alone are wrong. And Jesus was an insufficient sacrifice.
How did you surmise that from inmates lying about their faith in God?

San Francisco

#706819 Mar 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. You asked me why Satan chose the form of a serpent, implying that you have a fixed idea of what a serpent's form is.
What form was the serpent in Genesis?
The Hebrew word was "nachash", which means "snake".

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#706820 Mar 25, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
They were pretty silent before he ate them. Why did he eat them ?
The same reason these guys fk them after they are dead; it is the ultimate insult, ultimate control. Because he knows how much they would have been repulsed by it. He probably even told him he would do exactly that before he killed them...just to see the horror in their eyes. It gives them a mighty shiver, a last token....that adds to their sexual fantasies, for later use.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#706821 Mar 25, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Correctng you.....
You don't beleive Jesus' teachings were cut in half - because men told you this.
Stop being dishonest and you will surely be more enlightened than you are today.
Stop trying to convince me of Gnostic teachings.

I'm telling ya, you're wasting your time.

San Francisco

#706822 Mar 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you analyze it for me?
"life has no meaning except locally"
Run with it...
The word "except" is exclusionary to the rest of the idea in the sentence, thus "life has no meaning except locally" has the same meaning as "life has meaning locally", and so IANS is saying that life has meaning...locally, which I interpret as "life has whatever meaning each of us decides". But that life does have meaning.

Seems obvious enough to me.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#706823 Mar 25, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
The pizza was mediocre at best. They went to heavy on the pineapple.
Okay. Iridium. I have no idea what sources you have used, but your info regarding the element is way, way wrong. It is amongst the rarest of all elements on earth - only 2-3 tonnes of it is produced by the earth each year. Given the size of the earth... That is pretty damned rare. In meteorites and asteroids, the iridium content is much, much higher than on earth. Iridium deposits are usually a sign of impact, in fact; for you woukd most commonly find it in impact craters.
Also, keep in mind, the theory regarding the extinction of dinosaurs has some very powerful evidence behind it:
1) Dinosaurs lived on planet earth for almost 170 million years, and have dominated the terrestial landscape for more than half that time. During the Mesozoic Period, their fossils are not only found, but common. Then, suddenly, at 65 mya, it all stops. No dinosaur fossil in history has ever been found to be younger than 65 million years. Take the amount of fossils, fragments, eggs, feathers and footprints we have found? What is the chance that this is a random occurence? Dinosaurs simply vanish at the end of the Cretaceous.
2) The Yuchatan Peninsula impact crater - a massive impact crater, indicative of a fast-moving object the size of Everest. To recreate this crater, an energy release of 100,000,000 Megatons is required. This points to an asteroid impact
3) Said crater is dated to 65 million years old, coinciding with the disappearance of the dinosaurs. Coincidence?
4) A great many other species also vanished from the fossil record, nit just dinosaurs. Immediately after the KT boundary, no terrestial animals larger than a terrier has ever been found.
5) There was a massive cloud blocking out the sun, but this would have dissipated within a year. It would have killed off all living plants, but not dormant ones.
6) When you look at strata from a cross-sectional view, you see the Mesozoic Period (containing dinosaur fossils) laying immediately under a black layer which we call the KT boundry. This black layer contains iridium, and above it, absolutely no dinosaur fossils are found.
As a footnote: It is my belief that most of the dinosaur population was killed off during the first day, post-impact. Not even the gloomiest of Bible writers could describe anything close to the hell our dear planet earth was that day. A hundred million megaton blast. EMP like shockwaves shattering anything within hundreds of miles. Earthquakes of magnitude 11 or 12, across the globe. 1000 foot tsunamis in all directions. Superheated air and environment. Acid rain fallout.
Hell, in short.
I'm sorry to hear about your pizza. I suppose that's what you get for ordering it with pineapple. What's wrong with you?

As far as the rest goes, that's the assumption I'm talking about. You just write it better than I. Thanks.

San Francisco

#706824 Mar 25, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Stop pretending the man makes any sense at all just because you like to call him "daddy"...during.
Ever wonder what bringing a mature adult perspective to the conversation might be like?

San Francisco

#706825 Mar 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you surmise that from inmates lying about their faith in God?
I don't assume they are all lying, why do you?

Location hidden

#706826 Mar 25, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeh. I would have gone more Nero than he did. But I suppose I have a sense for the theatrical
Yeah? But, like Nero, you can't kill the all because then who else would you blame for the burning of Rome?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#706827 Mar 25, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
It only takes 'slime' nine months to become a human.
Did you and RR drop out of the same high school ?
seed + egg incubated in womb over nine months is much different than the satanic evil-ution hoax which of course you don't believe being jewish (lol) but are much too cowardly to stand against!

class dismissed!;-)

“Faith = Trust”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#706828 Mar 25, 2014
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Ghost.
I am at odds where to place you. Sometimes you look like an educated, intelligent and well-mannered theist. A person one could talk to, without having to result to insults or sarcasms.
In other posts, however, you do seem dickish.
Takr the one above. What is a justified belief? I believe the sun would come up, the maid will come in and that Manchester United will one day win the League again (that last one may be unjustified, though)
Also. In an earlier post, you have been adamant that ID is science. Please, be so kind and provide us with the theoretical framework for ID.
Thanks
Hello DF. I can be quite civil. I can also be really sarcastic too. Depends on my mood and how snarky others are getting. If others are going to make condescending remarks, I'll reply with sarcasm, free of charge.:)

Today, I'm sarcastic. But I can tone it down a bit if you want to have a serious conversation.

Before we begin though, let's look at a quote from the brilliant Charles Darwin.(Yes you read that correctly. Brilliant? Yes. Correct conclusions? Not on evolution.)

"A FAIR result can be obtained ONLY by fully balancing the FACTS and arguments on BOTH SIDES of each question." (emphasis mine)- Charles Darwin

First of all, Intelligent Design is not the same as creationism, although cynics are inclined to disagree. That's okay. We can't force them to be correct.:)

Creationism starts with a theological framework, whereas Intelligent Design starts off with the hypothesis that the universe appears to be fine tuned for life with very exact specifications, based on scientific observations. With Creationism, the Judeo-Christian God is posited as the first uncaused cause. Intelligent Design doesn't favor any one single deity. That's why I actually agree with atheists when saying "Creationism" should NOT be taught in public school. That is forcing religious views on others. I agree with that atheist position. However, Intelligent Design does NOT need to advocate or endorse any specific deity. It can be taught from a deistic perspective. I digress. Intelligent Design as I comprehend it states that many of the observations of Darwin are clearly evident and correct. It also states that some of his conclusions are incorrect. Micro and Macro-evolution debates demonstrate this.
I disagree with Darwin and agree with Alfred Wallace.

I personally believe in Intelligent Design with the added endorsement that the Judeo-Christian God is the uncaused first cause. I wouldn't teach that perspective in a public school though.

You asked in sincerity that I can respect, and have answered in sincerity that hopefully you can respect. All sarcasm aside.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#706829 Mar 25, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry to hear about your pizza. I suppose that's what you get for ordering it with pineapple. What's wrong with you?
As far as the rest goes, that's the assumption I'm talking about. You just write it better than I. Thanks.
Actually it's evidence and very strong evidence, as well as the impact site was found.
What you do is go under the assumption the evidence isn't as strong or that the evidence is wrong. Bad assumptions are something you do quite well.

Location hidden

#706830 Mar 25, 2014
The new movie Transcendence looks very non-locally based.

xD

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Pres Donald J Tru... 122,617
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min onemale 286,424
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Lyndi 6,512
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min confrinting with ... 681,514
O.J. and Paula...June 11,1994: Malice Aforethou... 40 min Pres Donald J Tru... 9
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Here For Now 619,432
Why are most white people so arrogant? (Apr '10) 8 hr Daniel 1,024
More from around the web