“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#706349 Mar 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dahmer was an atheist, his killing was for his own desires.
Whether Dahlmer was an atheist or not has nothing to do with his crimes. One might as well say that Dahlmer being a Caucasian made him a cannibal.

"Despite the experts' disagreements upon whether Dahmer was sane or insane, they all essentially agreed that Dahmer suffered from major depressive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, substance use disorder, sexual paraphilias, and borderline personality disorder."

( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Dahmer )

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#706350 Mar 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Dahmer was an atheist, his killing was for his own desires.
You tell yourself whatever you need to in order to sleep at night, cradling a beer bottle. I get that it's easier than facing what you defend.

Anyone who can read and comprehend, has access to facts nowadays. You lyingyourassoff for the jesusjehova character is completely irrelevant to any reality outside of your control.

You post as though you think(?) that your apologetic lies will somehow be believed by all. You do realise that millions of people do actually search for and actually read information, don't you?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#706351 Mar 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't follow instruction. I told you to reread your last sentence;
Teacher: "If two cars traveling at 50 MPH each have a head on collision, what is their combined velocity upon impact ?"
RR: "I don't. But I am smarter than Einstein! "
I even gave you a hint, which you didn't get.
You can't even talk shit right.
Wow!

You have got to be either the stupidest person here or the most insane.

Teacher: What is 2 plus 2 ?

RR: You don't talk shit straight.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#706352 Mar 24, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know about Dahlmer, but I don't think we can blame Stalin's decisions on religion. He simply didn't want religion to compete for power with the state, and so forbade it. China did the same thing.
I agree that most of his motivations and machinations were for Political benefits, however, I cannot ignore the psychological effects of his upbringing.

He's not the only one in history who wanted to usurp the church that damaged him either. That accounts for the hate, the rest was about power, something that the rcc has a lot of.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#706353 Mar 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Dahmer was an atheist. From his own mouth:

"Jeffrey Dahmer admits his atheism was the reason for his horrific crimes"

(and his dad admits he didn't teach he son about God for 'many long years')

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ZnPvb9HtSWwXX&sns=em

Jeffrey Dahmer was an atheist.
LOL

Your desperation is showing.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#706354 Mar 24, 2014
the talk wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the atheist myth, Hell doesn't exist, so you just called your fellow atheist a liar. Love it!
Hel is a Old Norse/Germanic word whose meaning has nothing to do with your religion.

Your "hell" is a lie, a bastardization of the beliefs and traditions of a differing culture.
tricki

Birdsboro, PA

#706355 Mar 24, 2014
What long-term memory is to crystallized intelligence, working memory is to fluid intelligence. Working memory is more than just the ability to remember a telephone number long enough to dial it; it’s the capacity to manipulate the information you’re holding in your head — to add or subtract those numbers, place them in reverse order or sort them from high to low. Understanding a metaphor or an analogy is equally dependent on working memory; you can’t follow even a simple statement like “See Jane run” if you can’t put together how “see” and “Jane” connect with “run.” Without it, you can’t make sense of anything. DAN HURLEY
NYT

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#706356 Mar 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>What's there to understand about murdering millions of people for any reason?
I understand the rage he felt towards the murderous religion, I don't agree with how he expressed it.

“Electronic graffiti”

Since: Jun 13

Botany Bay

#706357 Mar 24, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with that.
Sure. That's why you would never make a member of Westboro.
:-)
tricki

Birdsboro, PA

#706358 Mar 24, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't know yet. There are theories about abiogenesis however.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis
Sometimes the honest answer is: we don't know yet. And we might never know. All we can do is try and make progress in our knowledge. It's funny how religious fundamentalists criticize science for everything it does and yet benefit from it in almost every aspect of their lives. If science did not exist, you'd probably be dead right now. Do you enjoy indoor plumbing, electricity, and the internet? Because religion would have never brought you any of those things.
Sometimes the honest answer is only god could have made the universe

“Love much, trust none”

There

#706359 Mar 24, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
....He simply didn't want religion to compete for power with the state,....
Correct.
One must realize that most of Europe was theocracies until after WWI. Rulers claimed "Divine Right" and a Pope or Bishop often had more power than the King. That is why England still has the King/Queen as head of State AND Church.

“Electronic graffiti”

Botany Bay

#706360 Mar 24, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> Not everyone is happy over this war; it only takes 1 person to disagree with the mass.. If you had 1000 people lined up wanting this and only 90 who thought it was a bad idea, then the answer would be no.. Why does a moment of silence bother you so bad. I can use it to pray to myself and you could honor war veterans. It is a win win. But of course you want to take my rights away. You know, we do it anyway :) just saying. I pay taxes too ya know and most of the tax payers are in favor of this, so why do the few get to decide. If I averaged it is about $.60 per day and less than 10 percent wants this action removed. So I'll donate my$.06 cents per day back to the government.
Who said anything about taking your rights away? Not me.

I try to keep my posts to you polite, so that you can't play the victim.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#706361 Mar 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What's there to understand about murdering millions of people for any reason?
Your religion justifies God doing it.

"God is an atheist!" - RR

“Faith = Trust”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#706362 Mar 24, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the Bible might be right in this case, if probably inadvertently. According to Genesis, humans came from magic mud. There are many theories about abiogenesis which make the same basic claim about organic life evolving from inorganic life.
BTW, in what way are humans "created in the image of God"? What does that mean?
If you're thinking in terms of a "visual image" this would be an incorrect way to start the process of understanding. In God's image means "likeness." We have some of the attributes of God, but certainly not all. We have a spirit. We are capable of love. We have free will. We have a mind. We can reason. We can recognize portions of our environment that we are capable of changing, and we can set out to do so. We can be creative. The most notable likeness is that we can be (and are) aware of each other through our conscience. Our conscience is what makes it possible for us to know God's laws intuitively.

“Electronic graffiti”

Botany Bay

#706363 Mar 24, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Really karl, that's messed up dude. I think they should be shot on sight and done away with. they put them in protective custody in prison to keep other inmates from stomping their guts out! they (chomo's) to me are the lowest life forms on this planet. to many hookers to be harming an innocent child. I would gladly do the honor of lining them up and putting a bullet threw their head, Believe that!
I agree with you there. And believe me, that's from bitter experience.
:-(

“Electronic graffiti”

Botany Bay

#706364 Mar 24, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Red herring.
You posted a sick pedophile "joke" about a 14-year-old boy having sex with his male teacher.
You posted it, that's on you.
AGAIN! Don't be offended by a few jokes, be offended by the reality they are dealing with.
tricki

Birdsboro, PA

#706365 Mar 24, 2014
tricki wrote:

<quoted text>
claim whatever
lots of liars out there. look in the mirror
20 zillion gawds may claim to be the real McCoy. so what?
many others claim the same things, therefore not one can be true, is the faulty thinking you are infamous for
what does your definition of faith have to do with jesus Christ?
which truth?

asking more questions is fine, after you admit the answers given to your last set of questions resolved them. otherwise, you run in circles and never admit you are wrong

How do you know the claims of, say, Hinduism are false/faulty, but Christianity is correct?
And as to Jesus Christ specifically, he does not even qualify to be the messiah by the very people who were supposedly inspired by Yahweh to write prophesies about who the messiah was supposed to be. So Jesus is in fact the least likely to be accurate of any of them.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#706366 Mar 24, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether Dahlmer was an atheist or not has nothing to do with his crimes. One might as well say that Dahlmer being a Caucasian made him a cannibal.
"Despite the experts' disagreements upon whether Dahmer was sane or insane, they all essentially agreed that Dahmer suffered from major depressive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, substance use disorder, sexual paraphilias, and borderline personality disorder."
( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Dahmer )
I never said he killed because he was an atheist, just that he was an atheist.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#706367 Mar 24, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that most of his motivations and machinations were for Political benefits, however, I cannot ignore the psychological effects of his upbringing.
He's not the only one in history who wanted to usurp the church that damaged him either. That accounts for the hate, the rest was about power, something that the rcc has a lot of.
Stalin caused the death of 10 million Ukrainians because he believed he knew more about agriculture than the scientists. It had nothing to do with theism/atheism and all about a moron who refused to accept reality. In that case, Stalin was no different than the Christards here.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#706368 Mar 24, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand the rage he felt towards the murderous religion, I don't agree with how he expressed it.
You would've murdered the Christians differently?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 16 min trifecta1 608,290
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 27 min RiccardoFire 97,932
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 34 min Anthony MN 574,513
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 39 min Student 39,664
Last Word + 2 (Jul '14) 51 min Non _cents 1,056
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 53 min Non _cents 1,377
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 59 min Samantha Grace 1,653
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 269,091
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 15 hr perfect massage r... 206
More from around the web