Prove there's a god.

“I love Jesus”

Since: Dec 08

Heaven, but Earthbound for now

#706003 Mar 23, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
But, you are doing it in public, and in a context that everyone recognizes. You ARE essentially praying in public.
People pray before they eat in public places. I am not screaming from the roof top and no one should be asking me how I use my moment of silence in the first place; it is no ones business.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#706004 Mar 23, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
you are always pished
I know you like to think that, but, no, I'm not. I'm usually either laughing or smirking at you morons' comments.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#706005 Mar 23, 2014
Just in from the CNN newsroom, new information from Malaysian authorities, say flight 370 may have flown upside down and backwards into the south sea area.

“I love Jesus”

#706006 Mar 23, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many times one has to say 'no' to children - this is just one of them.
No one has the right to tell a child or an adult they cannot exercise their faith.

“I love Jesus”

#706007 Mar 23, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
not the purpose of the education system
supported with taxpayer dollars
not paying for "silence"
and
why initiate a confrontation
It becomes a confrontation when you have to say no you cannot display faith. More people are offended by not allowing silent time for what ever you choose then who are offended because we don't. When did the masses become less important than the few; what happened to majority rules. Why can't you just ignore the fact that others are praying? Pick you nose, think of something else.. go to the restroom. No one is saying yoy HAVE to use that time to pray. You people are nuts.. So demanding.. So unable to compromise.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#706008 Mar 23, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> A moment of silence is not unconstitutional.. A moment of silence is not bringing religion in schools.
Fair enough, if properly presented.

But I have much experience with middle-school and high school kids.

They'll be having sexual fantasies during your moment of silence.

That's ok with me, and trust it's ok with you.

“I love Jesus”

#706009 Mar 23, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is school prayer important to you? What are the benefits? Will it increase your students academic prowess? Will their ability to focus be enhanced? I attended a Catholic grade school where prayer was required at the beginning of every class. After awhile, due to the constant daily repetition, the prayers were relegated to just a string of words we were mandated to recite; they lost all religious significance. I have no problem with a private moment of silence.
I never said school prayer was important? I said a moment of silence suits all worlds. You should go back and read and then ask me a question relavant to the topic.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#706010 Mar 23, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
All that power of God at your command and you prayed for dermatitis to heal ?
You are evil.
just because i prayed to God to heal my skin problem, you call me evil ?

why would i pray to God to heal others' skin problems ? those people may not be believers. God may not hear my prayer for them since they may be atheists. God usually help those who believe in Him.

so it is up for others to believe in God and pray to God to heal their skin problems.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#706011 Mar 23, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
Agnostic philosopher and mathematician David Berlinski on the fact that atheism has attempted to hijack and claim sole rights to the field of science in academic institutions:
A secular Jew, Berlinski nonetheless delivers a biting defense of religious thought. An acclaimed author who has spent his career writing about mathematics and the sciences, he turns the scientific community’s cherished skepticism back on itself, daring to ask and answer some rather embarrassing questions:
I'm going to respond about with as much effort as you did. It will be more explanatory, however.
Has anyone provided a proof of God’s inexistence?
Not even close.
It isn't necessary to disprove that which has never been proven.
Has quantum cosmology explained the emergence of the universe or why it is here?
Not even close.
Mythic stories as seen in religion with no evidence whatsoever, are certainly not an explanation, are they? Explain how.
Have the sciences explained why our universe seems to be fine-tuned to allow for the existence of life?
Not even close.
That's probably because there is no evidence of our solar system being "fine tuned" for the existence of life.
Are physicists and biologists willing to believe in anything so long as it is not religious thought?
Close enough.
Sure they are, they just have to have the evidence to observe and test to arrive at that conclusion.
Has rationalism in moral thought provided us with an understanding of what is good, what is right, and what is moral?
Not close enough.
Yes, it has.
Has secularism in the terrible twentieth century been a force for good?
Not even close to being close.
You should provide how secularism hasn't.
Is there a narrow and oppressive orthodoxy of thought and opinion within the sciences?
Close enough.
No. The prevailing opinion in the scientific world has been reached by both theists and non theists.
Does anything in the sciences or in their philosophy justify the claim that religious belief is irrational?
Not even ballpark.
What scientific discipline includes a tenet that claims religious belief is irrational?
Is scientific atheism a frivolous exercise in intellectual contempt?
Dead on.
Describe "scientific atheism"? What is that?
As I said. It's snobbery and they want it all their way. Some of us are fighting back. Writing books like Berlinski's "Devils Delusion" Protesting, Civil Litigation, etc, etc. The fight is far from over, and we're only going to get more and more determined to win.
You'll lose that "fight".

The answers you supplied above show why.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#706012 Mar 23, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> The banned Book of Enoch where it speaks of Fallen Angels (Watchers)
I think they are all available on the internet....just Google 'Books of Enoch'

It is regarded as canonical by the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, but not by any other Christian group.

The first part of the Book of Enoch describes the fall of the Watchers, the angels who supposedly fathered the Nephilim.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#706013 Mar 23, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I know you like to think that, but, no, I'm not. I'm usually either laughing or smirking at you morons' comments.
Hey.
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#706014 Mar 23, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
Agnostic philosopher and mathematician David Berlinski on the fact that atheism has attempted to hijack and claim sole rights to the field of science in academic institutions:
A secular Jew, Berlinski nonetheless delivers a biting defense of religious thought. An acclaimed author who has spent his career writing about mathematics and the sciences, he turns the scientific community’s cherished skepticism back on itself, daring to ask and answer some rather embarrassing questions:
Has anyone provided a proof of God’s inexistence?
Not even close.
Has quantum cosmology explained the emergence of the universe or why it is here?
Not even close.
Have the sciences explained why our universe seems to be fine-tuned to allow for the existence of life?
Not even close.
Are physicists and biologists willing to believe in anything so long as it is not religious thought?
Close enough.
Has rationalism in moral thought provided us with an understanding of what is good, what is right, and what is moral?
Not close enough.
Has secularism in the terrible twentieth century been a force for good?
Not even close to being close.
Is there a narrow and oppressive orthodoxy of thought and opinion within the sciences?
Close enough.
Does anything in the sciences or in their philosophy justify the claim that religious belief is irrational?
Not even ballpark.
Is scientific atheism a frivolous exercise in intellectual contempt?
Dead on.
As I said. It's snobbery and they want it all their way. Some of us are fighting back. Writing books like Berlinski's "Devils Delusion" Protesting, Civil Litigation, etc, etc. The fight is far from over, and we're only going to get more and more determined to win.
You lose,,,

www.evilbible.com/Impossible.com

LOL
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#706015 Mar 23, 2014

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#706016 Mar 23, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> It becomes a confrontation when you have to say no you cannot display faith. More people are offended by not allowing silent time for what ever you choose then who are offended because we don't. When did the masses become less important than the few; what happened to majority rules. Why can't you just ignore the fact that others are praying? Pick you nose, think of something else.. go to the restroom. No one is saying yoy HAVE to use that time to pray. You people are nuts.. So demanding.. So unable to compromise.
The reason we are so demanding and unable (unwilling) to compromise is because of past experiences with 'Liars for Jesus'

You ever hear of the 'Wedge Strategy'?
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#706017 Mar 23, 2014
Before we can discuss the existence of a thing, we must define it. Christians have endowed their God with all of the following attributes: He is eternal, all-powerful, and created everything.
He created all the laws of nature and can change anything by an act of will. He is all-good, all-loving, and perfectly just. He is a personal God who experiences all of the emotions a human does. He is all-knowing. He sees everything past and future.
God's creation was originally perfect, but humans, by disobeying him, brought imperfection into the world. Humans are evil and sinful, and must suffer in this world because of their sinfulness.
God gives humans the opportunity to accept forgiveness for their sin, and all who do will be rewarded with eternal bliss in heaven, but while they are on earth, they must suffer for his sake. All humans who choose not to accept this forgiveness must go to hell and be tormented for eternity.

One Bible verse which Christians are fond of quoting says that atheists are fools. I intend to show that the above concepts of God are completely incompatible and so reveal the impossibility of all of them being true. Who is the fool? The fool is the one who believes impossible things and calls them divine mysteries.

Perfection Seeks Even More Perfection

What did God do during that eternity before he created everything? If God was all that existed back then, what disturbed the eternal equilibrium and compelled him to create? Was he bored? Was he lonely? God is supposed to be perfect. If something is perfect, it is complete--it needs nothing else. We humans engage in activities because we are pursuing that elusive perfection, because there is disequilibrium caused by a difference between what we are and what we want to be.
If God is perfect, there can be no disequilibrium. There is nothing he needs, nothing he desires, and nothing he must or will do. A God who is perfect does nothing except exist. A perfect creator God is impossible.
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#706018 Mar 23, 2014
Proving a Universal Negative

It is taken for granted by Christians, as well as many atheists, that a universal negative cannot be proven. In this case, that universal negative is the statement that the Christian God does not exist. One would have to have omniscience, they say, in order to prove that anything does not exist. I disagree with this position, however, because omniscience is not needed in order to prove that a thing whose nature is a self-contradiction cannot, and therefore does not exist.

I do not need a complete knowledge of the universe to prove to you that cubic spheres do not exist. Such objects have mutually-exclusive attributes which would render their existence impossible. For example, a cube, by definition, has 8 corners, while a sphere has none. These properties are completely incompatible: they cannot be held simultaneously by the same object. It is my intent to show that the supposed properties of the Christian God Yahweh, like those of a cubic sphere, are incompatible, and by so doing, to show Yahweh's existence to be an impossibility.

“I love Jesus”

#706019 Mar 23, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Name at least 2 of these atheist serial killers. I bet you won't.
Jeffery Dalmer

Israell Keyes

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/07/isra...

Pol Pot, Stalin,

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#706020 Mar 23, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough, if properly presented.
But I have much experience with middle-school and high school kids.
They'll be having sexual fantasies during your moment of silence.
That's ok with me, and trust it's ok with you.
They've been doing that for a while in the schools here. I asked my son what he did during that "moment of silence".

His reply?

"I just goof off like everyone else does"

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#706021 Mar 23, 2014
tricki wrote:
All atheists posting here are degenerate psychopaths desperately in need of jobs. They like prison. Three squares and shelter
I thought you were referring to that psychiatric institution they have YOU banged up in.

Computer time's over! Here comes the nurse with your meds.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#706022 Mar 23, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey.
Hey is for horses.

Wrong anatomy...

...and wrong lasso.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why is Mahattan Johnny a gay trucker 2 min Johnny 12
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min hojo 688,669
Simpson was holding Cowlings....."hostage"..dur... 5 min Johnny 3
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 9 min 25th Amendment 36,788
Does anyone else hate being around white women? 11 min Johnny 27
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Here For Now 619,811
Mother Should Trust The Goverment? 4 hr Naughty Nasa 1
More from around the web