Prove there's a god.

“You Can't Throw MeTo TheWolves”

Since: May 10

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#705820 Mar 23, 2014
tricki wrote:
<quoted text>
LIAR!
You must have stayed up all night thinking up that response.

“I love Jesus”

Since: Dec 08

Heaven, but Earthbound for now

#705821 Mar 23, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> That's what I don't understand about you Susie. Yes, it does make you less of a Christian, well maybe not, in the Christian way, but that goes against everything Jesus taught..There is NOTHING Christ like about your actions. Yes, we as flesh are fallible, but Jesus is Specific in talking about dealing with unbelievers. you use your "liberalism" to justify your actions. I by no means am Judging you, it's just that I have NEVER saw anyone that Abided by His Teachings.. Not everyone that calls me Lord, will enter into Heaven. Many are called but few are chosen. Straight is the road but narrow the gate.. Susie, the road to He11 is paved with good intentions..Please do not take what I say wrong but you lack holding yourself up to a Christ Follower and are basically slapping that man in the face with your "Liberal" self..
I thought you said I was an open book?? Posting on this site is not something Jesus would do, yet here we are. My actions? You mean my post. My actions are things I do in my life and that is something you have no clue about. Jesus would not expect me to be bullied or abused and if you think that is what it means to be Christian, then you are no better off than people like Kate, screw and Karl.. You may not like that I take up for myself, but that is your problem. If I act in a manner that I feel is unfitting to Christ, I answer to Him about the issue. I make my amends and I have no problem admitting my wrong. However, if I am wrong and Jesus lets me know it, I still do not answer to you. You are pretending to be some liaison between Christ and man. However, I am not catholic and you are not a priest. I have the ability to pray and discern for myself. I do not need your religious views on Christ. If your opinion were useful or truthful I would think, but you have wasted enough of your time trying to convert me to your religion. You sound like a Westboro Baptist with your judgmental and burn in hell attitude. No one will ever accuse you of being liberal. However, that kind of extreme ideological attitude that Westboro display is not what Jesus wants; he wants acceptance through love, not fear and you dishonor everything he stands for and so does Westboro Baptist church.
I am not here to live up to your expectations pusher, and you certainly have failed living up to mine. With that said, I do not answer to you, I answer to a higher authority and Jesus and I are just fine.
Jesus died so that we might live and if you expect every person who claims to be Christian to walk the perfect life, you have been sadly doped. Not one person can hold them self-up to Christ; not even you. That is why He is Christ and we are mortal. I stumble everyday pusher, but with the grace of Jesus I put my armor back and track forward. Maybe you should come out of the closet and worry about your own life rather than making me your focus. I am positive thatÂ’s what Jesus wants.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#705822 Mar 23, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't let them all get too smart to march off to war.
It's kinda hard to win a home-game war when our U.S. atheists refuse to jump in the foxholes. Defending a position is completely different than aggressively "taking" a position.

Too bad the little fluffers here on Topix waste so much of their time chasing harmless people like Patty around. I find it disappointing that you are willing to associate with these cowardly wussies. I'm guessing your moments of lucidity are coming less frequently, otherwise you would have left this site (and, their side) by now.
tricki

Birdsboro, PA

#705823 Mar 23, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. No link is as biased and misinformed as your religion.
Silly

“I love Jesus”

#705824 Mar 23, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> it was obvious nano, but you calling me an animal fker because mine wasn't obvious to you was uncalled for..callign me an animal fker isn't my idea of talking or being able to take feedback, that's what it's all about but your comment to me was fked up. now FK OFF!
Tsk Tsk.. just because you forgot some of the letters does not mean you still didn't get yoru point across. Now is that what Christ would say or how He would act? I think your true colors have been revealed. That is not very Christian like even for a closet Christian..

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#705825 Mar 23, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I'm going to ask a rhetorical question. No need to answer. I'm just putting it out there.
Why is it that atheists want to point to the bad things that some Christians have done as an excuse to dismiss God and yet get so angry when we point at things that infamous atheists have done?
I know why. It takes a lot of the wind out of your sails to accuse us of things and yet have to acknowledge that atheists have collectively done much worse.
You seem to want to have it all your way, and we're not going to allow that.
You write:
"You seem to want to have it all your way, and we're not going to allow that."

No, in general it is the Christians who want everything their way. Think Christian prayer in public meetings and Christian dogma in public schools and science classes. Something the South is really good at....shunning those who do not meet the 'proper Christian denomination' criteria.

The Republican party is controlled by the Christian right wing Dominionists, and their publicly stated goals and baby steps towards changing the constitution is downright evil and scary.

Why is it you don't want evolution taught in schools?
tricki

Birdsboro, PA

#705826 Mar 23, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> .... I have a degree in history; does that mean I am a scientist?.....
<quoted text>
Actually, that's all she really is; here and I'm betting in real life.
You are a liar aradia

“I love Jesus”

#705827 Mar 23, 2014
No, it isn't. It's a lack of belief. An absence of belief. When's that going to sink in?
<quoted text>
No it isn't.
<quoted text>
Correct.
<quoted text>
Wrong. Atheists say, "We don't believe in a god." You don't get to redefine atheism just to support your failed position.
Deal with it.
<quoted text>
One hundred percent sure.
A real, honest-to-god "God," with supreme power and supreme knowledge and supreme compassion and supreme intelligence and supreme everything else would not act like a childish, petty, bloodthirsty tyrant that punishes people for "sins" that they didn't commit.
<quoted text>
Your god killed innocent children during what the Jews now call "Passover." Innocent children.
I base my opinion on the bible. Your bible convinces me that your "god" is shit.
Instead of letting your brain wander off the map, try addressing what I actually wrote.
Better yet, don't. Just don't respond at all.
<quoted text>
I addressed it, lying bitchass, it's right up there.
You deny what you see before your eyes, because you just don't like it. You pretend it isn't there.
I don't give a fuck what you like or don't like; you are irrelevant.
You must, you keep posting to me.
tricki

Birdsboro, PA

#705828 Mar 23, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
quit being mean to the masochist
she is likely to have a keyboard orgasm.
Knock it off dorothy
tricki

Birdsboro, PA

#705829 Mar 23, 2014
Hacking is criminal Dorothy and topix

“I love Jesus”

#705830 Mar 23, 2014
<quoted text>
What seminary did you graduate from to make that assertion?
Or did you graduate with a degree in ancient history?
If you're going to imply something, you might want to cite your sources.
If you can. Internet sources don't count. Scholarly theological books only.
That would be impossible, internet sources happen to be the atheist/agnostic bible. They have no real abilty to indepth educational tools. "it was on the internet, so it must be true" the banter cry of atheist/agnostics/pagans...

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#705831 Mar 23, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
This statement makes you a liar or a moron.
Which is it ?
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> Hey, don't call me your mothers pet names..
That's the *second* person whose family you have decided to insult, because you can't refute the poster. You're nothing more than a buybull-loving hateful loser. You and porter, and waaasssuuup and nanoanalboy all deserve each other.

“I love Jesus”

#705832 Mar 23, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> I do not click on links provided by posters. I never saw a song.
<quoted text>
That's our Susie.
Two degrees, my ass.
<quoted text>
No you're not. You're afraid to learn.
You're a dumbass godbot.
<quoted text>
That was yellowdog's excuse for refusing to learn.
So it is true.. You rely on the internet to teach you? Wow, how stupid can one witch be? Get your GED, go to college, find out how to REALLY educate yourself..please...

“Faith = Trust”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#705833 Mar 23, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. You should be using the scientific method. Otherwise you are just a story teller.

The empirical scientific method isn't used to analyze history. It can't be used. It's a social science, and not a hard science like physics or biology.

Therefore the methodology is much different. There are checks and balances and established procedures to keep the work as objective as possible. That's the key difference. A chemical reaction isn't concerned with the scientist's bias. Historical research doesn't enjoy the same luxury. Every historian approaches his or her work with some degree of bias. The established methods do work to minimize bias, but it is never completely eradicated.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#705835 Mar 23, 2014
<quoted text>
Yes she is. She deliberately interpreted a post from me as being a "threat" when it was nothing more than a warning to Karl to get off his high horse before somebody knocks him off of it. She didn't take into account that I live in the eastern United States and he lives in western Canada. She replied solely on the basis that he represents her views and I'm the opposition. It's that whole school yard mentality. They want to bully others but don't like it when we take the chip off their shoulders. This doesn't apply to all of them.
Ain't, Scaritual, wordofme, Kaitlin, Aura Mytha, and Tide are all capable of engaging in decent conversation, and do so on a regular basis.
Karl, Scrooge, and Divinity Surgeon take pride and joy in being as nasty as possible to others and bask in the illusion that they are above reproach. Not so fast. Some of us hit back.
In writing.
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> Oh, but they do not like it when you strike back with the mighty pen. I agree with you with the excception of Kate, she in my opinion, is just as nasty and vile as Karl, Scewie and Divinity, you can add Black Thunder to the trolling list as well and at time Ben..
And YOU EARNED IT.

And you refuse to accept any responsibility for that. Instead, you pretend to be a victim so you can justify---inside of your own warped mind---spewing hatred when you can't defend the hypocritical bullshit that you believe.

You can't refute what I post, so you chose to insult my family; you can't refute what Ben Adams posts, so you insulted his mother.

How many other families are you going to insult as you sit there on your fat fucking self-righteous christian ass?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#705837 Mar 23, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>To gather statics and to use data collection, polls are often used and other ways..
In other words, you were lying.

Yes...we know.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#705838 Mar 23, 2014
<quoted text>
This is true. Jeffrey Dahmer made the following statements:
"If it all happens naturalistically, what's the need for a God? Can't I set my own rules? Who owns me? I own myself."
"If there's no God and we all just came from the slime, then what's the point of trying to modify our behavior to keep it within acceptable ranges?"
"Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven."

How many times has *that* bumper sticker philosophy been used to justify everything from sexual deviancy to mass genocide?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#705839 Mar 23, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
well I was not clear, I ASSumed you would understand. I see, with you, I got the -umed part wrong.
Our (the observable) Universe is 1.37 x 10^9 years old.
the entire universe,(multiverse) existed before time began in our Universe.
There have been discoveries made that suggest either the universe is far older than that estimate OR our tools of measurement are flawed.

Keep making sweeping statements. old stick.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#705840 Mar 23, 2014
<quoted text>
Jesus turned "religion" on it's ear. Religion had become corrupt because of the ruling Sanhedrin (Pharisees and Sadducees) of the Temple in Jerusalem. This is why Jesus turned the tables twice in the Temple. The second time He did so was a clear message to the Sanhedrin that Jesus was sitting in judgement of them. According to their beliefs, this action was a symbolic equivalent of "I am God and I judge you."
Caiaphas didn't exactly like that. His family had an economic stranglehold on the Temple treasury and his political influence was widely felt throughout Judea. He had been appointed High Priest by the Romans and so became a religio-political powerhouse. This is why Jesus called them "Sons of Vipers." And this is why Caiaphas wanted Jesus dead.
Jesus himself knew there was no way that religious representatives of God and politicians should become allies. He was the first to advocate separation of church and state by His actions and words.
According to the myth, anyway.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#705841 Mar 23, 2014
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
the dave nelson sock existed to promote paranoia.
the sock had lost all credibility
and was no longer effective.
we are blessed with new socks in it's place
You think?
My take is Dave was a lonely old man living in rural Colorado who would make inflammatory remarks in an effort to lure anyone into conversation. It was merely a means of avoiding the stark isolation of his surroundings, while furnishing him with a modicum of self-importance and worth. Just my opinion, of course...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Steve III 649,846
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min It aint necessari... 56,235
hi guys mera lund bahut mota hai meri gf gaand... (Apr '12) 14 min babbar 47
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr ImFree2Choose 2,298
the REAL REASON Ron Goldman was stabbed...64 TI... (Aug '15) 2 hr pearlofagirl 16
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 2 hr EBMWCS 500
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 4 hr DENG 39,054
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web