“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Kalispell Montana

#705117 Mar 21, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Goddamn really? then why in the He!! are we discussing it 3500 hundred years after it was written? seems like a wonderment to me, but I am easily amused. Why is it one of the most loved and hated books of all?
I can only speak from my perspective....the Bible IS ridiculous. The whole story does not hold water. 1000 years ago, maybe. Today, no way.

Disprove the Bible and you disprove God.

“Yes, I'm A Witch; Deal With It”

Since: May 10

No,This*Isnt*ThePsychicHotline

#705118 Mar 21, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians have spent 2000 years telling the Jews they don't know anything about their own language and mythology. I do not expect Christians to admit they are the ones who don't know shit about the religion of Jesus now.
cup of coffee wrote:
<quoted text>
It's good to know that you will rot and burn in Hell.
Hi Susie!

#705119 Mar 21, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it isn't. It's a lack of belief. An absence of belief. When's that going to sink in?
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
No, its a belief . The lack of belief in a particular thing can be in and of itself a belief.
Wrong.

#705120 Mar 21, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
No, its a belief . The lack of belief in a particular thing can be in and of itself a belief.
So, not believing in Batman is a matter of belief with you?

Kalispell Montana

#705121 Mar 21, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
The author of this post ASSumes that the purpose of the Bible is to answer scientific inquiries. This is a major misconception. If he would look at the Bible from a historical and cultural perspective it might make more sense. If he would remember that the Bible is not one book but rather a compilation of 66 books written over a 1500 year period by over 40 different authors, it might start to make sense. If he would not engage in the practice of ethnocentrism and be open to learning from a multitude of perspectives, it might make even more sense. If he would drop his presuppositions he would actually have a chance to understand it. If he would...
Never mind. It's like talking to a brick wall.
"Never mind. It's like talking to a brick wall"

Whats the matter....getting discouraged?

#705122 Mar 21, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
"Never mind. It's like talking to a brick wall"
Whats the matter....getting discouraged?
Compliments of Catcher1....

A female CNN journalist heard about a very old Jewish man who had been going to the Western Wall to pray, twice a day, every day, for a long, long time.
So she went to check it out. She went to the Western Wall and there he was, walking slowly up to the holy site.

She watched him pray and after about 45 minutes, when he turned to leave, using a cane and moving very slowly, she approached him for an interview.
"Pardon me, sir, I'm Rebecca Smith from CNN. What's your name?

"Morris Feinberg," he replied.

"Sir, how long have you been coming to the Western Wall and praying?"

"For about 60 years."

"60 years! That's amazing! What do you pray for?"

"I pray for peace between the Christians, Jews and the Muslims."
"I pray for all the wars and all the hatred to stop."
"I pray for all our children to grow up safely as responsible adults and to love their fellow man."
"I pray that politicians tell us the truth and put the interests of the people ahead of their own interests."

"How do you feel after doing this for 60 years?"

"Like I'm talking to a fucking wall."

Kalispell Montana

#705123 Mar 21, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Because god has been hiding "limbs" under rocks all this time, and the creationist museum folks all thought it was dinosaur poop, and they never ever taste tested it like they did with that "sticky" stuff the snake left in Eve's bunger munger after doin the tooty fruity and gett'n naked in the garden orgy that one finger lick'n good niter.
??????????

:-)

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#705124 Mar 21, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
Atheism is lacking a belief in deities, not having a belief in anything particular
<quoted text>
Evolution.
Scientific fact, just like gravity.
All life on this planet is interconnected, which to me is a profoundly spiritual idea.
Why do you christians want to be separate from Nature?
They don't really belong here and they know it. They "belonged" to a tristar system they polluted with their hatred and blew up eons ago. They were transported here as "penals", and have been working at the very same insanity ever since. They have no "place". Their wicked corrupted priesthood has been destroying this planet since before UR and even Abrum. Take a good look at history. You will find they have been a cancer to this planet, and destroying kingdoms, education systems, and peace for over 5000 years, and all that is left is destruction, ignorance, hatred, toxic wastelands of terror, and zombie like civilizations everywhere in their wake.

Kalispell Montana

#705125 Mar 21, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't really belong here and they know it. They "belonged" to a tristar system they polluted with their hatred and blew up eons ago. They were transported here as "penals", and have been working at the very same insanity ever since. They have no "place". Their wicked corrupted priesthood has been destroying this planet since before UR and even Abrum. Take a good look at history. You will find they have been a cancer to this planet, and destroying kingdoms, education systems, and peace for over 5000 years, and all that is left is destruction, ignorance, hatred, toxic wastelands of terror, and zombie like civilizations everywhere in their wake.
Pure poetry....

Kalispell Montana

#705126 Mar 21, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget the ancient Library of Alexandria.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#705127 Mar 21, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget the ancient Library of Alexandria.
Indeed. That was a concerted effort by all 3 main branches of the cult Villianoma Abrumovus de' Biblioenslavia Futura.

“Electronic graffiti”

Since: Jun 13

Down Under

#705128 Mar 22, 2014
Sooooo, good folks.

Has anyone proved it yet?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#705129 Mar 22, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
You wrote that your eldest son was starting to think your "god" might be made up and that he, your son, might be an atheist.
Does your eldest son not live in your house?
If he's the one who is enlisting, there's a good chance he will indeed be an atheist, plus he'll get to participate in naked shower fun with other men. Good for him.
RR "disowned" his son for his disobedience.

He thinks the courts will accept his "religious freedom" plea as an excuse for homicide.

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#705130 Mar 22, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
Sooooo, good folks.

Has anyone proved it yet?
Nope but we have some very weak arguments.

I can settle one, I believe that I don't believe in the existence of deities. I could say I know that I don't believe in the existence of deities but what would I know about what I don't believe about my lack of belief.

Ffs.

Hey Rosa :D

“Electronic graffiti”

Down Under

#705131 Mar 22, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
An intelligent deity would flatten Jerusalem, Rome and Mecca and tell everyone to play nice or be wiped of the planet.
Note: Israel illegally invaded other countries doubling its size over the borders they agreed to in 1949. It would be like the USA invading Canada and Mexico tajing half their lands and then calling them scumbag terrorists when they complain about it.
I like Jews, I hate modern Israel.
Both sides believe that their god is on their side.

Personally if there is a God, hypothetically, and He see the whole thing. Then He would say:
"Hey kids! STOP FIGHTING!!"

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#705132 Mar 22, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only speak from my perspective....the Bible IS ridiculous. The whole story does not hold water. 1000 years ago, maybe. Today, no way.
I disagree. I honestly think the Bible itself disproves Christianity.
tricki

Boyertown, PA

#705133 Mar 22, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect truth. Yesterday, today and forever! But, it is touching to see you try so hard to be correct
tricki

Boyertown, PA

#705134 Mar 22, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Your perspective is amalgamated. Ask Aradia. And the Suicider. Ask Adolf, for Pete's sake, man!

“Electronic graffiti”

Down Under

#705135 Mar 22, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Israel was attacked first. But yes, that doesn't excuse the land-grab. And while it's pretty easy to blame Israel for their actions, alot of blame can also go to the British who really f-ed up the whole process of creating Israel in the first place (aside from the fact that it probably never should have been created).
I have no problems with Jewish people per se, but I think the Hebrew Bible is one of the most morally repugnant books out there. And so it's no surprise that a religious state based on such a book can't act morally either. And the same could be said for their Muslim neighbors too for that matter.
That's true. Cynics after WWI referred to Palestine/Israel as the "twice promised land."

It was offered to the Arabs, as part of their revolt against the Turks (with T E Lawrence). Then it was also promised as a Jewish homeland in 1917, under the Balfour Declaration.
http://history1900s.about.com/cs/holocaust/p/...
http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/balfour_...

We all know the results.
tricki

Boyertown, PA

#705136 Mar 22, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. So how did humanity come to exist on this planet?
<quoted text>
Pan *is* a pretty horny li'l bugger.
I give up! It was Horus? MORRIS? HOROWITZ? THORNTON? SUPERMAN? SUN GAWDS?

It ain't fair, man. You is too smart

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
__POPE to Lead U.N. 1-World GOVT "Launching" 57 min UMakeWORLDPEACEID... 2
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr marge 568,578
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr AN NFL FAN 120,765
White girls who live in Texas that wanna sexy a... 1 hr bigblack 1
Do white girls like Hispanic guys? (Girls who a... (Jan '14) 1 hr menglihua 16
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 39,681
sexting (guys only) (Jul '12) 1 hr bigblack 233
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Dr_Zorderz 267,563
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Ugly Truth from ... 607,283
Scientific proof for God's existence 3 hr eyeful 642
More from around the web