Prove there's a god.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#705377 Mar 22, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Supposed to be" implies destiny or fate. Do you believe in those?
No, I should clarify that.

We can only be what we are.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Looking at us from an evolutionary standpoint, at what point in human history were humans not the "pinnacle of evolution" at any given time?
Exactly.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#705378 Mar 22, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You enjoy smoking, but it's a good idea to break the habit.
By the same token, you may enjoy hitting family members, but it's a good idea to break the habit.
Even a high school flunkout like you can understand this, PhelpsLight.
RR is a violent and delusion imbecile whose maximum potential as being useful to humanity has been to hang sheet-rock.

He is very much like his deity.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#705379 Mar 22, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Riggght...
And I've seen no prayer work.
Funny, that.
"Shit in one hand and pray for ice cream in the other. See which fills up first."

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#705380 Mar 22, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I don't believe in Christianity as it is karl.. I don't think my morals are in question. Let He Without Sin, Cast The First Stone. I suppose you have a wall built up around yourself huh?
you are not fooling anyone but yourself

you do not believe in christianity, yet you quote the bible as a source of morality....

If you cannot be honest with yourself, how do you expect respect from others?

clean up before you offer advice

jezzuz what a pig

Location hidden

#705381 Mar 22, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
blank pages ? write a book ? blank pages ?
it's like buying a blank notebook from school supplies.
but you get as a bonus all the truths of christianity,

“"None shall pass"”

There

#705382 Mar 22, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> A true scientist maybe, but the ones that post here.. not so much ;)
I am a university trained anthropologist and historian.

Are you including me in that insult ?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#705383 Mar 22, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
nobody is lying to me. i believe in God because:
1. prayer works for me
2. i witnessed a real Miracle
nobody is trying to brainwash me, and i refused to be brainwashed if anyone attempts to. God is real, Miracles are real. i witnessed a real Miracle myself.
i copied and pasted this :
You People make me sick. Tamera is simply saying that according to the Quaran it says that regeneration is indeed possible. It's just as fact worthy than any other "scientific" publication. Atheists lack much intelligence, because it takes an intelligent human being to realise that the Quaran and the Bible were all written by fellow human beings with intelligent thought potential. So tell me Einstein? Who then IS an authority on Regeneration? YOU??
Was your virgin mother your father too?
Where Is this deity you all keep bragging is so all powerful, yet no one had even seen?
You "insane" ones really could become dangerous to society.

“I love Jesus”

Since: Dec 08

Heaven, but Earthbound for now

#705384 Mar 22, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in God and Jesus and have told people the history of the Bible and Modern Christianity.
Most Christians know nothing and demand to call their ignorance Truth.
The Catholic Bible did not exist until about 350 AD. The Protestant Bible didn't exist until about 500 years ago.
Prior to that there were hundreds of Christian Scriptures.
Many Biblical scriptures were lost or hidden and then there are translation issues. I believe in God and Jesus as well, but I also understand parts of the Bible were meant to be metaphoric, parts were parables and yes, some of the writings are literal. You have to dig deep. I know I do not have all the answers and I probably never will. However, the last person I would take advice from concerning the Bible would be an atheist, an agnostic or paganist. I hope you would agree. Knowing the origins does not even begin to touch the idealism in faith that is required for discernment.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#705385 Mar 22, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> You people? What does that even mean? Or Kate and I? I am chill dude, just a lil taste of her own medicine.
Trying not to be sexist or one sided....I have respect for both of you.

Location hidden

#705386 Mar 22, 2014
tricki wrote:
<quoted text>
we are here. why do you care about morality? where did it come from?
thanks karl.
who is next?
all social animals have evolved "morality"

“Jon Snow”

Since: Dec 10

The King in the Nor±h

#705387 Mar 22, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I do believe that the evidence is very strong as you do.
I also believe that enough is KNOWN wrong with the Bible and Christian dogma that Christianity falls apart.
Grounded in the acquisition of previous mythology and superstition, and made real by careful planing of Constantine the Great using modified writings of various cult doctrines.
Then by supreme command and the authority of rule solidified a religion based on the various popular beliefs and cemented into one book to rule the empire.

And one book to rule them all. But it is an evolving book , it has it's own evolution.
Only those less enchanted can see it.

“I love Jesus”

Since: Dec 08

Heaven, but Earthbound for now

#705388 Mar 22, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in God and Jesus and have told people the history of the Bible and Modern Christianity.
The Catholic Bible did not exist until about 350 AD. The Protestant Bible didn't exist until about 500 years ago.
So in one breath you say. "I believe in God and Jesus and have told people the history of the Bible and Modern Christianity" [sic] and in the next you call Christians Christards??
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#705389 Mar 22, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure do have a 12 year old's perspective on what prayer is, how it works and why we can pray.
I have personally seen prayer work, no atheist and no supposed study will tell me it doesn't.
Speaking of a twelve year old's perspective on the power of prayer, I recall andet1987's recent testimony of being directed by god to the correct psoriasis medication at Walgreen's. Apparently after praying, god guided her to the most effective treatment. Do you think that actually happened? He certainly does...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#705390 Mar 22, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Supposed to be" implies destiny or fate. Do you believe in those?
Looking at us from an evolutionary standpoint, at what point in human history were humans not the "pinnacle of evolution" at any given time?
Upon what do you base your phrase "pinnacle of evolution" ?

Many species have been around longer, survive much better and can kill a human in an instant.

For most of human existence, we were simply food for predators.

Location hidden

#705391 Mar 22, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
It's Important to
make someone happy,
and It's Important to
start with yourself.
wash after

“"None shall pass"”

There

#705392 Mar 22, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So you DO believe that God exists......
I do not believe in your pathetic deity.

I believe in a creative and guiding force of the Universe. I call it God.
I do not know what it calls itself or if it even can.

“Faith = Trust”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#705393 Mar 22, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Codex Sinaiticus was written during the same period as the Codex Vaticanus. The Codex Vaticanus is the only other complete manuscript and is housed in the Vatican in Rome, Italy. That dates to about 325-350 A.D. The Protestant Bible came about as a result of the Protestant Reformation, led by Martin Luther. Martin Luther believed that the Bible belonged to all people, and not just the wealthy and politically powerful.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#705394 Mar 22, 2014
tricki wrote:
Don't forget, hacking is a crime!
That depends entirely on who's doing the hacking.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#705395 Mar 22, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Mine was on a rope. Dude, I don't know. I didn't ask! I avoided that crowd and what they were doing.. The thing about prison is, mind your own [email protected] business!
what is "Mine was on a rope" ?

Location hidden

#705396 Mar 22, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh c'mon now RR you're being sooooo unreasonable!! You know they should be allowed to define themselves in their own terms and semantics!! How dare we question their thoughts?!
Atheist: Atheism is lack of belief in deities.
Christian: So how did we get here?
Atheist: Natural causes.
Christian: So you believe nature created itself?
Atheist: No, it always existed.
Christian: Then why say "natural CAUSES? Cause indicates change from non-existence to existence."
From 'Illogical Atheism':
"Atheism does not get the luxury of there being an infinite set of possible explanations that human understanding has yet to stumble upon. Atheism is boxed into a set of positive assertions whether one likes it or not, and those assertions sustain a burden of proof which no atheist in history that I have yet heard has ever been able to handle."
-Bo Jinn, Illogical Atheism: A Comprehensive Response To The Contemporary 'Freethinker' From A Lapsed Agnostic, Sattwa
bring that boy around

we can jerk his silly chain

you on the other hand have only assertions

you even steal others assertions

pathetic

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min kent 665,091
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 34 min AussieBobby 284,448
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 41 min Johnny 1,209
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 44 min bad bob 184,652
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 51 min Seentheotherside 446
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr nanoanomaly 87,858
People should start looking after the earth 1 hr UnderstandPeople 61
The Future of Politics in America 3 hr guest 127
More from around the web