“We AreTheGranddaugh ters Of The”

Since: May 10

WitchesYou Were Unable To Burn

#705090 Mar 21, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> I really don't think it can be attributed to one singular person, not in the historical sense. Much like who is the "father" of the United States. That answer would depend on who you ask. Many "fathers", but that original founder is non existent.
It's said that Zoroastrianism was the first monotheistic religion.
But Hinduism, in some respects is considered monotheistic(since the "god" is said to be in all things at all times), but in practice it's often seen as polytheistic by those not Hindu. Although there are Hindu sects that are certainly monotheistic and have been for more than 4,000 years.
I tend to think most earth-centric or Pantheist beliefs are monotheistic in effect, but the focal point in practice is seen as polytheistic at times.
Good point.

Like in Stregheria and Wicca, one sees numerous lists of gods that run on seemingly for page after page; yet most who believe the Old Ways will tell you that these are *different aspects* of the divine duality. A name for each aspect. When one prays for wisdom, for examle, they'll invoke Athena; when one prays to find love, they invoke Aphrodite or Venus. Two different aspects of the same goddess.

#705091 Mar 21, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
Indiana Jones knew what it was. Why don't you?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you please stop getting your info from Hollywood?
That's where you get your info on witches.

Well, Hollywood and your church.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#705092 Mar 21, 2014
cup of coffee wrote:
<quoted text>
It's good to know that you will rot and burn in Hell.
Ir would be good to know you will never reproduce.

Location hidden

#705093 Mar 21, 2014
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
No, its a belief . The lack of belief in a particular thing can be in and of itself a belief.
You mean like cathaholic pedophile priests?

#705094 Mar 21, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe (if you were even telling the truth about it) and you spent your time helping those students instead of blowing hot air on topix, they wouldn't "be" dropouts----you are failing them as well as failing us here. You are such a loser.
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> Umm.. notice I only post AFTER school hours.. unlike you and Katie..
I post here after work.

You do enjoy lying about the witch, don't you, christian? Your jeeeeeeebus tells you its okay.

#705095 Mar 21, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
It would solve the Health Care problem in the USA.
Shut down all hospitals in the Bible Belt.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for the Christian hospitals.
Which is most of them.....
If all you need is prayer, why do those "christian" hospitals have doctors?

Isn't their faith strong enough?

#705096 Mar 21, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
SLUT?
I never noticed yer momma come in...
Did she teach your "failed" students too?
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> What? Can you read? My mother passed away and she was never a teacher dim wit? Kate failed and I was never her teacher'' not MY students have not failed :)
For someone who claims to have two degrees, you certainly don't seem to be on speaking terms with a thing called "punctuation."

You appear less coherent than usual.

Let that hate flow, prom queen. Don't ever think, just let your hate flow. Your imaginary jesus will love you for it.

Location hidden

#705097 Mar 21, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
amputees ? the part of the limb that was gone is gone for good. that is considered dead. and i don't think God will perform something dead to be come alive again. that is different from healing the sick. God heals sick people. Sick people are alive. God can make sick people healthy again. An amputee is not sick. the missing part of his limb is dead and gone for good.
If simple animals can regrow limbs, why can't your deity even match such a feat with the millions of prayers your book swears can and will be fulfilled---yet NEVER are.
Your deity is a fraud......or your religion is for certain.
If your deity has the "power" your preachers attribute it, you might be able to hold your head up honestly. But you can not because even YOU can't so stupid and brainwashed as to not realize that it is all a lie.

#705098 Mar 21, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Is that your belief or your lack of belief?

It sure looks like a belief to me....
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix is a cyber village and you are its idiot, good for you lil buddy!
And nanoanalboy is it's impotent wannabe bully.

#705099 Mar 21, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
I'm a real strega. And you're real clueless.
<quoted text>
Christianity isn't real.
<quoted text>
You're not a real human.
Nyah nyah.
<quoted text>
You don't know what we believe, you mad cow.
Why don't you regale us with some stories about how much you enjoy having sex with your Italian-speaking German Shepard?
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> I't would be more entertaining for us
Oh, shut up, prom queen. You have nothing to say.

And no, I *don't* think you're pretty.

#705100 Mar 21, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I got my info from the Bible.
But only Arr Arr's bible is the real one.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Long Beach

#705101 Mar 21, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
Mountains have NEVER been moved.
Amputees have NEVER had their limbs spontaneously restored.
Scientifically tested and NEVER been shown true.
And you have proof of this?
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
And you have proof of this?
What does the metaphor "making a mountain out of a mole hill" mean?
Who says the restoration of an amputated limb has to be "spontaneous" as a qualifier for God to exist?
Is archeology an empirical discipline within the broader category of science?
You are nit-picking my friend.

We all know that the mountain/molehill conundrum is about exaggeration....not moving mountains.

Okay, take out the word spontaneous....there has NEVER been a case of ex-nihilo limb restoration in the history of the world....as one would expect if there were NO God. Yes I know that doctors have re-attached limbs with some success.

What does archaeology have to do with this?

#705102 Mar 21, 2014
Gods are human inventions, as I've pointed out before. They are various forces of Nature itself, to which early man assigned human personalities in order to make it easier to ask these natural forces for favors. Mankind created Rain Gods and Goddesses, Storm Gods and Goddesses, Gods of the Seas, Gods of the Forests, Gods of the Fields, Sun Gods, Sky Gods...
Did you never take any courses in comparative religions, or basic anthropology? I'm sorry, I forgot; you and sister Susie Twinkie are 8th grade drop outs.
Anyway, they are all humanized aspects of Nature.
Your jesus is a myth, too. They used to call him Hermes.
So that makes you a faux christian.
<quoted text>
Sure you do.
And I'm the US Navy's first female SEAL. I have a hundred and forty-seven black belts, I can sing the blues like Pat Benatar, and I play the guitar like Eddie Van Halen.
<quoted text>
Home-made degrees, block-printed with red crayon, do not count, prom queen.
"Anything Kaitlin can do, I can do better! Nyah nyah! My German Shepard speaks Italian!! Nyah nyah!! I'm so pretty, nyah nyah!"
You have the IQ of a Hostess Twinkie and the pleasant personality of a paper cut filled with lemon juice.
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> You said I have the IQ of a Hostess Twinkie. now that is funny..
I was being kind, and I over estimated.

Y'caught me in a good mood.

#705103 Mar 21, 2014
Yet another shining example of your intellectual laziness. And I use the term "intellectual" quite loosely.
*How* many degrees do you claim to have---two? Being as brain-lazy as you continue to demonstrate, did you really print them yourself with a red crayon, as I earlier suggested, or did you just give mediocre blowjobs to your professors?
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> Oh I understand and
NO you don't.

Little prom queen, you're up way past your bedtime.

#705104 Mar 21, 2014
<quoted text>
I love christian talk. It's so inspiring.
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> You know what else is inspiring?
You standing on a chair with a noose 'round your neck?

#705106 Mar 21, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> And then you would jump all over him and have him bend over with your strap on...Or did he bend you over?
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> HaHaHa! D@mmit man!!
There's some *more* of that inspiring christian talk I mentioned.

Wow, now she's bashing her brother in christ T-Town Clown! She must think he's a friend of mine.
tricki

Boyertown, PA

#705105 Mar 21, 2014
Blah blah blah
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> I really don't think it can be attributed to one singular person, not in the historical sense. Much like who is the "father" of the United States. That answer would depend on who you ask. Many "fathers", but that original founder is non existent.
It's said that Zoroastrianism was the first monotheistic religion.
But Hinduism, in some respects is considered monotheistic(since the "god" is said to be in all things at all times), but in practice it's often seen as polytheistic by those not Hindu. Although there are Hindu sects that are certainly monotheistic and have been for more than 4,000 years.
I tend to think most earth-centric or Pantheist beliefs are monotheistic in effect, but the focal point in practice is seen as polytheistic at times.
Just prior to and during the exile, it's thought by some that Judaism acquired much of the monotheistic philosophy during that time period.
When you look at the early chapters of the bible, the deity seems schizophrenic; happy, loving, angry, sad, vengeful, unsure etc... Capricious.
One appearance claims you can't look at it(deity), another claims face to face, a different encounter is related as "appeared as a ______".
What you're seeing is the merging of distinct tribal Hebrew deities being represented in a narrative, which, when combining the divergent beliefs in the assimilation process(of different tribes), and later in the redaction/historicization process presents that seemingly "at odds with itself" deity picture and belief set.
So out of polytheism, monotheism emerged, but it wasn't an - all at once - unified(Judaism wide) process. It was gradual, and only unified later - in biblical compilation and Judaic philosophy. After the exile, when the Jews became a separate people again, after having been reduced to non entities, was when the beliefs were rebuilt or assembled.
Much like when two small rural communities or small cities merge by expansion, there is a mixing of story/history. Eventually becoming one community or one city many years later, but still having some convoluted historical details.
If you're interested in reading an informative and backed by historical and archaeological evidence book on the subject, I'd suggest:
The Origins of Biblical Monotheism: Israel's Polytheistic Background and the Ugaritic Texts by Mark S. Smith
http://www.jhsonline.org/reviews/review031.ht...

Location hidden

#705107 Mar 21, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
SLUT?
I never noticed yer momma come in...
Did she teach your "failed" students too?
<quoted text>
For someone who claims to have two degrees, you certainly don't seem to be on speaking terms with a thing called "punctuation."
You appear less coherent than usual.
Let that hate flow, prom queen. Don't ever think, just let your hate flow. Your imaginary jesus will love you for it.
She'll get a "fingerhold" on it sooner or later.

#705108 Mar 21, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>So moronic parrots make you hot?
Maybe that's why he likes you.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Long Beach

#705109 Mar 21, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
amputees ? the part of the limb that was gone is gone for good. that is considered dead. and i don't think God will perform something dead to be come alive again. that is different from healing the sick. God heals sick people. Sick people are alive. God can make sick people healthy again. An amputee is not sick. the missing part of his limb is dead and gone for good.
God has never healed a child with Downs Syndrome either.

In your Bible, God/Jesus is able to resurrect the dead....a missing limb part seems pretty minor.

It has been proven that God does not heal sick people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rajkot gay Topix 13 min manish 9
Is the problem of groping in India over exagger... (Jan '11) 13 min rajiv 477
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min USA Born 578,714
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min onemale 269,999
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 29 min Theswamiji 5,909
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 32 min Seentheotherside 69,881
www.mygiftcardsite.com balance - Mygiftcardsite... (Dec '12) 54 min Jim Wilson 42
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr AnnieJ 609,747
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 hr bacon hater 97,962
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 16 hr IWANNAPLAY 187
More from around the web