Prove there's a god.

“Faith = Trust”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#705337 Mar 22, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like the fact that London, England exists proves that the Harry Potter books are factual documentaries.
Bad example. The pool at Bethesda was thought to be metaphorical for a very long time until the 19th century archaeological discovery. It was buried in what is now the Muslim Quarter of Jerusalem. The reason it was buried is because the Romans destroyed the city in 70 A.D. and the ruins collapsed onto the pools and the surrounding area. London has never been buried and so is a poor example. Nice try though.:)

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#705338 Mar 22, 2014
Jam Bo wrote:
Prove there is not a God??
There is not now, nor has there ever been, any proof that any god ever worshipped ever existed.

Glad to help.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#705339 Mar 22, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You have some strange fantasies.
PhelpsLite has spoken?

“Faith = Trust”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#705340 Mar 22, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The same time as Paul's letters were written.
Paul's Epistles were written over a 30 year span of time, most of them between 35-55 A.D. The earliest confirmed surviving fragment of any gospel is that of John, and has been dated to 125A.D. Two years ago a fragment of Mark was found and is still being examined before a confirmation of dating is announced. Preliminary reports place this Mark fragment in the later first century.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#705342 Mar 22, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>And if you are going to throw shit, you will get it thrown right back... Sorry it flew in your mouth, I just happen to have good aim :)... Suck it up fruit cake.. Oh, and the whole prom queen thing doesn't bother me. I was the prom queen. So was Cindy Crawford who was also the class valedictorian. We have lots in common... Are you jealous of my beauty? From the responses you make and all the plagiarism, it seems like you must be. I know you could never know what it meant to be a valedictorian or a prom queen... but maybe you should have finished high school... then again; you would still be clueless and stupid... Stupid never receives the prize (Valedictorian) and neither does the unpopular ugly girl riding a broom dressed in black. You are the wanna be prom girl and smart person Fruit Cake. Not a happenin'
Whoa there....you good people need to chill out a little.

:-)

Evolution is true.....

#705343 Mar 22, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know?
You admit that you don't use prayer then claim it doesn't work.
That's like saying you know chocolate is gross even though you've never tried it.
So I ask again, how do you know prayer is false?
How many times has a righteous person prayed for relief of some kind and the plea never answered?

There are statistics and prayer studies available that show that prayer does not work and the data shows that Christians have no greater incidences of remission from serious chronic diseases then any other people.

You say:
"You admit that you don't use prayer then claim it doesn't work."

I tried prayer when I wasn't an atheist....around 12 to 13 years old. Remember being really disappointed.

Do you believe that babies born with Downs syndrome can be cured by prayer? Its never happened....check the literature.

Already done the amputee problem. Of the millions of amputees down through history there has never been a documented case of God restoring limbs. Nowadays science has figured out how to do some restoration of limbs on a few very limited cases.

Bottom line for me RR is I don't see any evidence at all that prayer works.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#705344 Mar 22, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Pray for the strength to quit smoking using the cold turkey method.
Betcha ya fail in three days time no matter how long you're on your knees.
Why would I do that? I enjoy smoking.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#705345 Mar 22, 2014
scaritual wrote:
I don't think all people are flawed.
Name one person that has no flaws.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#705346 Mar 22, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times has a righteous person prayed for relief of some kind and the plea never answered?
There are statistics and prayer studies available that show that prayer does not work and the data shows that Christians have no greater incidences of remission from serious chronic diseases then any other people.
You say:
"You admit that you don't use prayer then claim it doesn't work."
I tried prayer when I wasn't an atheist....around 12 to 13 years old. Remember being really disappointed.
Do you believe that babies born with Downs syndrome can be cured by prayer? Its never happened....check the literature.
Already done the amputee problem. Of the millions of amputees down through history there has never been a documented case of God restoring limbs. Nowadays science has figured out how to do some restoration of limbs on a few very limited cases.
Bottom line for me RR is I don't see any evidence at all that prayer works.
You sure do have a 12 year old's perspective on what prayer is, how it works and why we can pray.

I have personally seen prayer work, no atheist and no supposed study will tell me it doesn't.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#705347 Mar 22, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I do that? I enjoy smoking.
You enjoy smoking, but it's a good idea to break the habit.

By the same token, you may enjoy hitting family members, but it's a good idea to break the habit.

Even a high school flunkout like you can understand this, PhelpsLight.
tricki

Birdsboro, PA

#705348 Mar 22, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
There is not now, nor has there ever been, any proof that any god ever worshipped ever existed.
Glad to help.
Prove it

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#705349 Mar 22, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian: How did we get here?
Atheist: We don't know yet, but we're working on the problem.
Christian: Why don't you just admit it?
Atheist: Admit what?
Christian: That God created everything.
Atheist: No physical proofs at all. Everything we have ever learned or deduced from the different sciences points to a natural cause for everything. We have circumstantial evidence that much of the Bible is wrong.
Oh I would say much of the evidence is much stronger than circumstantial.
It is physical, empirical and archeological.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#705350 Mar 22, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Name one person that has no flaws.
I think people are exactly as they are supposed to be, or able to be, to be more accurate.

In other words, I don't adhere to the concepts of sin or a degraded state or other notions of perfection, except to say, humans are at the pinnacle of evolution for our species for now.

Humans are humans, and that includes the entire range of states humans occupy or are, in living life.
tricki

Birdsboro, PA

#705351 Mar 22, 2014
Why all the bother? Who would write the new testament if she was trying to create a fictional story of gawds back then? Why die for it?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#705352 Mar 22, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure do have a 12 year old's perspective on what prayer is, how it works and why we can pray.
I have personally seen prayer work, no atheist and no supposed study will tell me it doesn't.
Riggght...

And I've seen no prayer work.

Funny, that.

Evolution is true.....

#705353 Mar 22, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You write:
"You sure do have a 12 year old's perspective on what prayer is, how it works and why we can pray.

Perhaps you can lead me to the proper way.

Are you talking about 'Sophisticated Theology'(tm)??

You write:
"I have personally seen prayer work, no atheist and no supposed study will tell me it doesn't."

Of course you have....

Of course it won't....

The Christian, just like the atheist, approaches contrary information with trepidation and fear
tricki

Birdsboro, PA

#705354 Mar 22, 2014
Atheists taunt Christians. They want proof God heals as they believe he says he will, which would offer them verifiable proof that He is.

Broken, hurting, lonely, hate-filled, drug-addicted, thoroughly selfish, disgusting perverts proclaim day and night how Jesus healed their hearts and souls, and they dismiss that evidence and chuckle.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#705355 Mar 22, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>Calling someone a “slut” has nothing at all to do with what kind of Christian I am good or bad. I guess you would prefer I sit and take the abuse. I mean, that is what you want right? You people want to push and push just to find some secret joy in hurting someone while hurling assaults with name calling and then cry foul? Not happening here dude.. You pegged me for a taker and not a returner... I will rise to the occasion. So I am taking it you think Katie’s use of the word bitchcunt in reference to me was more appropriate? If so, I’ll be sure to use her word choice from now on.. Thanks for the “valuable” bias yet unwanted input…lol
The next time I am looking for a judge and jury, I'll let ya know. In the meantime, try to stay focused and not be so bigoted or bias.
I was going to ask you, did you like the song I posted for you this morn?
tricki

Birdsboro, PA

#705356 Mar 22, 2014
tricki wrote:
Why all the bother? Who would write the new testament if she was trying to create a fictional story of gawds back then? Why die for it?
They will delete or ignore. See how powerful truth is and how fixed this forum is?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#705357 Mar 22, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
And when is the dating of that gospel?
1st century AD just like Paul's letters.

You did't know when Paul lived ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr Aura Mytha 123,792
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 hr Aura Mytha 7,791
Baiting Up Email For Scamming 3 hr Resist the urge 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr onemale 286,558
Why do we live life when we have to die anyway? (Jul '13) 4 hr UnderstandPeople 298
Muslim airlines, Qatar, attempting stake in Ame... 5 hr Doctor REALITY 9
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr Anthony MN 681,922
More from around the web