Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#704948 Mar 21, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if we consider the three cubic feet that your body occupies as a "somewhere", the statement no longer has any meaning.
Christianity is widely disbelieved and bizarre.
Your statement never had any meaning to begin with.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#704949 Mar 21, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if we consider the three cubic feet that your body occupies as a "somewhere", the statement no longer has any meaning.
Christianity is widely disbelieved and bizarre.
Atheism is widely disbelieved and bizarre.

It must be a cult.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#704950 Mar 21, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
I clicked on the TWOT reference in your last link. Imagine my disappointment when this is all I got:
"TWOT stands for the Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament, edited by R. Laird Harris, Gleason L. Archer, Jr., and Bruce K. Waltke. TWOT deals with the Hebrew/Aramaic words in the Old Testament that have a theological significance. It gives a short definition to every Old Testament word, but goes theologically in depth on the words that would be necessary. We have included this reference number for people with access to this tool, although the TWOT is not available on our site"
Apparently the TWOT reference number is for people with access to that tool.
Its ok. We gotta twoT tool. I gotta check, but I'ma think'n the TWOT Don isa gonna say ta renta ya one. Budda Bing! Budda Bam! up comes ona fromma tha Vatican vino cellar---just'a lik'a dat!!! Heeey! You needa sunt'n? We gitta sunt'n! Justa lika dat!!! No prolung!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#704951 Mar 21, 2014
tricki wrote:
<quoted text>
You do? Like the universe? Oooops!
Ignore him. He thinks because he's made a few below average intelligence acolytes' heads spin from all that incessant jabbering of his that he must also make sense to everybody else....eventually.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#704952 Mar 21, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah.

The appeal to popularity is used often in Apologetics and by "membership" Christians in trying to defend behavior of the religion in the past, and present as well.

<Christian> "My religion has the most members." >>It must be a valid deity belief.

<Christian> "All Christian scholars and Theologists agree on this point." >>It must be a valid deity belief.

<Christian> "This country has more Christians than any other religious belief, it's a Christian country." >>It must be a valid deity belief.

Etc...

It's the rule of Blue Mud: If everyone rubs blue mud in their navels, you're a deviant if you don't rub blue mud in your navel. >> Especially when a deity is involved.

We see variations of that mentality all the time.

Never mind that there is no unbiased evidences for the deity. Popularity is the way.

This is seen, too:

<Christian> "So..just because over centuries and millennia, Christians did bad things to non Christians, doesn't mean all Christianity is bad. Those bad Christians weren't Real Christians™. You see, the majority of Christians are Real Christians™. Why can't we just focus on the good parts?" >>It must be a valid deity belief.

Fantastic~/.

It's a great belief system when you can claim someone isn't a Real Christian™, because they did something you don't approve of. That way, only the Christians that do things Christians approve of, are Real Christians™. Just rule out the bad aspects, and all that's left is the "good".

That last part above is variation of the appeal to popularity, and a bit of the Naturalistic "ought-is" fallacy. The whole of Christianity is underpinned in large part by that type of fallacious reasoning.

Getting back to the cult aspects of Christianity, is there any wonder so many smaller cults emerge from the shadow of the larger, parent cult of Christianity proper?

Zealots and cults emerge from the pages of the Christian "holy book" on a regular basis.
Good to see some decent writing in this thread.

It's the largest, most dangerous cult, which is the foundation for all smaller cults, in the e

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#704953 Mar 21, 2014
scaritual wrote:

Yeah.
The appeal to popularity is used often in Apologetics and by "membership" Christians in trying to defend behavior of the religion in the past, and present as well.
<Christian> "My religion has the most members." >>It must be a valid deity belief.
<Christian> "All Christian scholars and Theologists agree on this point." >>It must be a valid deity belief.
<Christian> "This country has more Christians than any other religious belief, it's a Christian country." >>It must be a valid deity belief.
Etc...
Let me add to your list:

<Atheist> Christianity isn't believed everywhere.

<Atheist> Christianity is a cult.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#704954 Mar 21, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Do you believe it's a fictional story or do you have a lack of belief that it's a true story?
LMFAO
It is a fictional story.

What's funny?

Did your deity bop you on the head again?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#704955 Mar 21, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
Etc...
Oh ya, one more:

<Atheist> More people don't believe in Christianity that do.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#704956 Mar 21, 2014
*in the existence of mankind.

Made up by humans.

Hi, scar :D

Location hidden

#704957 Mar 21, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to think that your god has no name, like that horse in the song.
He's jista pissed off cuz he never gits ta be da head.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#704958 Mar 21, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Is that your belief or your lack of belief?

It sure looks like a belief to me....
Topix is a cyber village and you are its idiot, good for you lil buddy!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#704959 Mar 21, 2014
Tide with Beach wrote:

You said Christianity is not widely disbelieved, which is not true.
No, I didn't say that.

You said that Christianity is widely disbelieved, which is an ad populum fallacy.
Cults can be small or large. I don't discriminate based on popularity. You need to.
No.

A cult is defined as a small religious group that is not part of a larger and more accepted religion.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#704960 Mar 21, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:

Do you believe it's a fictional story or do you have a lack of belief that it's a true story?
LMFAO
Tide with Beach wrote:
It is a fictional story.
What's funny?
Did your deity bop you on the head again?
It's funny because you clearly can't make a distinction between a belief and a lack of belief.

You believe it's a fictional story.

“I love Jesus”

Since: Dec 08

Heaven, but Earthbound for now

#704961 Mar 21, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
I'm a real strega. And you're real clueless.
<quoted text>
Christianity isn't real.
<quoted text>
You're not a real human.
Nyah nyah.
<quoted text>
You don't know what we believe, you mad cow.
Why don't you regale us with some stories about how much you enjoy having sex with your Italian-speaking German Shepard?
I't would be more entertaining for us to hear you to "tail" us about what you do to your dog...tail.... pun intended...LOL...

I know as much about your religion as you do mine. You are an open book dear

Location hidden

#704962 Mar 21, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, gotta be honest about my opinion. I see intelligent thought coming from both of you. Other than that, I'm staying out of it. The positive side is that it's like watching the Super Bowl this year. Seahawks are my favorite team but I also like Denver. Either way I would've been okay with the outcome.:)
Which "team" is in the closet?
Which "team" is coming out?
Is either a "cult" or both?

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#704963 Mar 21, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you please stop getting your info from Hollywood?
<quoted text>
Not Indiana Jones.
<quoted text>
So says the freethinking freethinker that thinks the Bible is just myth.
I'll not take your word for it, if'n you don't mind.
I got my info from the Bible.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#704964 Mar 21, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Einstein wrote E=MC^2,
“It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it”- Albert Einstein
We ALL know he was an atheist, the point that some here are making is that he at least showed the civility of a sane, civilized person towards people who were believers and he had true intuition of power that very possibly WAS a conscious one. What the fk else do you think he meant by his respect for "the transcendent", you loon? As conscious beings we sure as fk aren't going to" transcend" to something less wonderful than we already are.

Dang you're dense.

Location hidden

#704965 Mar 21, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You just said it's a belief and it's not a belief.
Yeah-you know. It's jist like yer crister team Some of 'em's believers, and some of 'em ain't....but that still leaves the whole lot strung up as a cult as far as yer uncle Fred is concerned.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#704966 Mar 21, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
More like jehova needed a spy and powerful "god" to do his dirty work for him.
Kinda pisses all over the "reads the hearts of men and sees all" rubbish.
Doesn't matter what he "needed" Lucifer was still the lesser and by having to get permission makes that pretty clear.

“I love Jesus”

Since: Dec 08

Heaven, but Earthbound for now

#704967 Mar 21, 2014
Gods are human inventions, as I've pointed out before. They are various forces of Nature itself, to which early man assigned human personalities in order to make it easier to ask these natural forces for favors. Mankind created Rain Gods and Goddesses, Storm Gods and Goddesses, Gods of the Seas, Gods of the Forests, Gods of the Fields, Sun Gods, Sky Gods...
Did you never take any courses in comparative religions, or basic anthropology? I'm sorry, I forgot; you and sister Susie Twinkie are 8th grade drop outs.
Anyway, they are all humanized aspects of Nature.
Your jesus is a myth, too. They used to call him Hermes.
So that makes you a faux christian.
<quoted text>
Sure you do.
And I'm the US Navy's first female SEAL. I have a hundred and forty-seven black belts, I can sing the blues like Pat Benatar, and I play the guitar like Eddie Van Halen.
<quoted text>
Home-made degrees, block-printed with red crayon, do not count, prom queen.
"Anything Kaitlin can do, I can do better! Nyah nyah! My German Shepard speaks Italian!! Nyah nyah!! I'm so pretty, nyah nyah!"
You have the IQ of a Hostess Twinkie and the pleasant personality of a paper cut filled with lemon juice.
You said I have the IQ of a Hostess Twinkie. now that is funny.. You wanna know what is even more hilarious? I'm still at least 50 deficits above your IO level..

No Home-made degrees? Well fruitcake, there goes the likelihoods of getting that GED you have been diligently working... or I mean drawing... on

Now, put up those crayons upand get back to reality. Sweep the floor Cinderella, you prince may be there soon.. Oh wait, he left already.. Smart man!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min marge 596,039
Amazon Gift Card Generator - WORKING (May '13) 23 min frankie 11
Delhi me koi randi hai to wechat pe msz kar muj... (Oct '13) 26 min rohit xxx 20
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 28 min MUQ2 40,691
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 32 min MUQ2 641
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 36 min andet1987 6,127
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 42 min ChristineM 444,197
The Christian Atheist debate 47 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 847
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr onemale 272,083
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr DebraE 100,733
More from around the web