Prove there's a god.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#704182 Mar 19, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not doing this again.
Post the Scripture that backs you up or STFU.
Talk to someone on your side of the table who knows something about it. But in the mean time,
post cripture for changing the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday.

http://libertycrier.com/it-cant-happen-here/
This video is for all those who imagine that there is some sort of magic that renders the United States immune to the tyranny that has plagued every other major empire in history.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#704183 Mar 19, 2014
Nawton wrote:
<quoted text>
The world DOES know about it.
There's plenty of verifiable credible evidence of who this god was.
For starters, the Penn Museum in Philadelphia.
There's plenty of Canaanite artifacts in their possession referring to the god Yhwh.
Seek and thou shalt find.
Oh yeah, I forgot, you don't acknowledge the KJV of the bible.
1 SAM. 13:1

("Saul was .?. years old when he began to reign"--RSV, NAB, NWT, MT)
versus
("50 years old"--NEB)
versus
("40 years old"--ASV, NAS)
versus
("30 years old"--NIV).

Again, 1 SAM. 13:1

("...and for 2 years he reigned over Israel"--NWT, MT, NAB)
versus
("and he reigned over Israel for 22 years" --NEB)
versus
("he reigned 32 years"--NAS)
versus
("he reigned over Israel 42 years"--NIV)
versus
("one or two years"--LV).

KJ = King James Version, RS = Revised Standard Version, ML = Modern Language, AS = American Standard Version, NEB = New English Bible, NAB = New American Bible, NI = New International Version, NAS = New American Standard, TEV = Today's English Version, BBE = Bible in Basic English, NWT = New World Translation, JB = Jerusalem Bible, LV = Lamsa's Version, MT = Masoretic Text, LB = Living Bible].

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#704184 Mar 19, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
[1] "The fool says in his heart,'There is no God.' They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good" - Psalm 14:1

[2] "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone." - Revelation 21:8

[3]“Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?”- 2 Corinthians 6:14

[4] Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ." - 1 John 2:22

Put them all together and you learn that we're not merely fools, but lying, corrupt, vile, and abominable fools in the service of evil, not one of us that does any good, and fit to be burned for eternity as the moral equivalent of murderers and whoremongers.
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
Well you can combine them if that's what you want to do, but I don't.

Good to know that you don't consider us fools even though your bible calls us that, and as I pointed out, it also calls us a lot worse than that.

So how do you handle those four scriptures if you don't accept them all? Which ones are you rejecting?

And what do you suppose the other 2 billion Christians think, or more relevantly, the 200-250 million American Christians that as a collective determine the way that American atheists are perceived and treated? Do you think they reject any of those atheophobic scriptures like you do. I doubt it given how atheists are regarded by the faithful.
Yes Psalm 14:1 says that, but I don't think that refers to the honestly skeptical. I believe that this refers to the rebelliously skeptical. There is a difference.
Thanks for that, but most Christians disagree with you.

Fennario

#704185 Mar 19, 2014
At one point I didn't WANT to believe. I was being stubborn deliberately, consciously. As such, I fell into that rebelliously skeptical category.
I don't understand that. Were you a believer or not? If you were, you were not a skeptic, as religious belief isn't really possible while skepitcal. You have to want to believe. And if you were a skeptic, unbelief is not being rebellious. It's inevitable.
The other passages you cited from the New Testament are condemnations against those who denied the Messianic authority of Jesus. It was aimed at the Romans, Greeks, and Jewish peoples who rejected that authority at that time in history. I think it still applies to the rebelliously skeptical category of today, but not the honestly skeptical.
Unfortunately, few Christians make those distinctions. They still go ahead and apply all of that negativity to us. It doesn't help that Christian leaders perpetuate the disparaging and scapegoating:

[1]“No, I don’t know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God.”– George H. W. Bush

[2]“Settle it therefore in your minds, as a maxim never to be effaced or forgotten, that atheism is an inhuman, bloody, ferocious system, equally hostile to every useful restraint and to every virtuous affection; that, leaving nothing above us to excite awe, nor round us to awaken tenderness, it wages war with heaven and with earth: its first object is to dethrone God, its next to destroy man.”- Rev. Robert Hall

[3] "And, I know that I'll hear from them for this. But, throwing God out successfully with the help of the federal court system, throwing God out of the public square, out of the schools. The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the Pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way - all of them who have tried to secularize America - I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.' " - Jerry Falwell

Does that sound like they're talking about ancient Romans, or that they thought that there bibles were?

Fennario

#704186 Mar 19, 2014
And with all due respect, I'd like to ask which category you would place yourself in?
I am honest in every thing I do, and not rebellious at all, unless by that you mean refusing to submit to the church or its bible. I'd have to respect their authority to see it that way.
You said in an earlier post this week that you wanted a kinder, more gentle God. That tells me you want to believe in a loving God. I hope it was sincere on your part.
I want the truth.
Shalom my skeptical friend.
Shalom back to you
Concerned

United States

#704187 Mar 19, 2014
In every country in this world they all have the great flood story. Our fetcher loves us and gives us free choice. It is our carnal nature to not want to believe. There is a god and this insurance is free. And worth doing. How sad it is to think this short time is all we have
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#704188 Mar 19, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Scissoring isn't sex, it's foreplay.
Sorry, you need a man to have sex, darlin....
<quoted text>
When I have sex, there's always a man there.
Strange.
Is he filming or just watching?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#704189 Mar 19, 2014
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
Vegas , apparently.
Maybe he/she is getting married over there.
Stranger things happened.
Yeah, I remember now that he said he was headed that way..I was needing a laugh and d@mmit man, he cracks me up.. haha!

Location hidden

#704190 Mar 19, 2014
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
Definitely not a Terrorist act.
I feel like watching Close Encounters Of The Third Kind.
What a classic.
I just watched it a few days ago. yes, it's a classic for sure. I watched the new Evil Dead last night, not as good as the original I thought, but remakes never are..

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#704191 Mar 19, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't wanna bother with that broad's entire quote.
But one caught my eye.
"tore off their breasts if they were women"
That's ignorantly talking about Saint Agatha of Sicily, one of the most highly respected virgin martyrs of Christianity.
She was executed because she was steadfast to her Christian faith by the emperor Decius.
You should learn a little history before following some ignorant atheist's remark.
If you want me to tear apart that entire quote, I will.
So, you deny that Christians did those things to atheists/non-believers/heretic s and blasphemers?

I believe the 'torn-off breasts' was a witch/Inquisition thing. I know about the pagan emperors who terrorized and tortured early Christians...before Constantine.

History is one of my favorite subjects and I know a fair amount of it. The quote is a fair summation of historical reality in the Dark Ages. If you professed atheist views you were in deep sh!t.

Go for it guy....but, are you seriously going to defend early Catholic Church torture of heretics, blasphemers, and 'witches'?
Rosa Winkel

Brisbane, Australia

#704192 Mar 19, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Probably because there is nothing christ like about me. but unlike yourself, i never said there was..I can not forgive myself for some of the things I done, so why would I worry about your pos self.. fk off!!
You're no saint, PM. Then again who is?

However, you're a better man than some...
Rosa Winkel

Brisbane, Australia

#704193 Mar 19, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Google is god. Which god? All of them. Muhahaha!!
It's almost omniscient.
:-)

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#704194 Mar 19, 2014
“Religious apologists complain bitterly that atheists and secularists are aggressive and hostile in their criticism of them. I always say: look, when you guys were in charge, you didn't argue with us, you just burned us at the stake. No what we're doing is, we're presenting you with some arguments and some challenging questions, and you complain.”
--A.C. Grayling
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#704195 Mar 19, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
may you be surrounded by undisciplined brats where ever you are!;-)
Hey, congratulations are in order. Most people reject you after three or four posts, but you repulsed this person after only one. Very impressive...

Location hidden

#704196 Mar 19, 2014
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
You're no saint, PM. Then again who is?
However, you're a better man than some...
I am a far stretch from it Rosa and thanks..
Ted

Springfield, IL

#704197 Mar 19, 2014
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Terrorist are god?!
They have SETI. Why not SRG: Search For God? 98% of all humans know for a FACT God is real..........prove it!

Location hidden

#704198 Mar 19, 2014

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#704199 Mar 19, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I am a far stretch from it Rosa and thanks..
tricki

Boyertown, PA

#704200 Mar 19, 2014
He is risen!
tricki

Boyertown, PA

#704201 Mar 19, 2014
Glory!

What a story. One that rings the ring of truth through out. No one can dispute its claims. No one can explain it away though multitudes have tried.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate 8 min Truthiness 727
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 14 min gundee123 100,646
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 17 min I Am No One_ 444,076
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 23 min RiccardoFire 5,785
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 36 min June VanDerMark 595,763
Computer THREATS DISAPPEARING from Topix!: un F... 40 min WasteWater 26
IS BEING WHITE A CURSE rr ????? (Feb '08) 1 hr Johnny 413
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 10 hr Truths 612,581
More from around the web