|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2014

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul's tenet that women must keep their heads covered with a veil during prayer is quite inconvenient and, for this reason, has either been rationalized away or ignored, although it is no less binding than any other moral law in the New Testament:
"...but any woman who prays or prophecies with her head unveiled dishonors her head.... For if a woman will not veil herself, then we should cut off her hair: but if it be disgraceful for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her wear a veil.... Judge for yourself; is it proper for a woman to pray to God with head uncovered?" (1 Cor. 11:5-13 RSV)
Watch Joyce Meyers, is her head covered? Is she wearing a veil? Does she put one on when she prays to God? No of course not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Just once I would like to find someone claiming to be a Christian who follows biblical teachings.
Yeah, and if theists had really read the bible and understood the implications, they'd be following the details and constrain ts to the letter. The Yahweh! isn't known for overlooking slackers.

But it's their belief. It can be anything they want.

BTW, here's some Joyce Meyer...

"Everybody is too focused on finding out everything about all things today. People are too focused on dissecting every little bit of knowledge they can find about everything on and outside - this earth - and this isn't good. We need to have some things in life that remain unknown. We call this trust. This is what is called faith , and trust or faith is necessary to know god" -- Joyce Meyer 12-21-2005

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that.
Geez you have no sense of humor.
Prolly a lousy lay, too.
I thought we had not long ago agreed that ‘it was up to you’ and it seems that you choose to blow it. So if you can ever manage to get that tiny pecker of yours hard enough to actually use in a woman then one thing is for sure. Miracles can happen.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ, the Son of God, my Lord and Savior.
That one.
Strange, but I somehow expected you'd respond like that. Why is it that you name the one and not the other?

When someone asks you which deity you worship, you more often than not come back with a response similar to: <Ar aR> "...GOD" <==== A generic name for a deity.

Or another response similar to: <Ar aR>"...fuckoff" <====A strange name for a deity.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2014

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, and if theists had really read the bible and understood the implications, they'd be following the details and constrain ts to the letter. The Yahweh! isn't known for overlooking slackers.
But it's their belief. It can be anything they want.
BTW, here's some Joyce Meyer...
"Everybody is too focused on finding out everything about all things today. People are too focused on dissecting every little bit of knowledge they can find about everything on and outside - this earth - and this isn't good. We need to have some things in life that remain unknown. We call this trust. This is what is called faith , and trust or faith is necessary to know god" -- Joyce Meyer 12-21-2005
Joyce Meyer is a loon and a false teacher. She "teaches" things like; If you don't believe Jesus went to hell, you cannot be saved, and; Jesus stopped being the Son of God. She also thinks she isn't a sinner and has been quoted saying that.

If you wanna find nutty Christian "preacher" quotes, she's your man.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2014

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought we had not long ago agreed that ‘it was up to you’ and it seems that you choose to blow it. So if you can ever manage to get that tiny pecker of yours hard enough to actually use in a woman then one thing is for sure. Miracles can happen.
Hey, I'm sorry about the "lousy lay" thing. That was out of line and uncalled for.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Notice how the Topix Atheist! readily accepts that King David was real but Jesus is "questionable"?
That's what evidence based thinking does for you.

Do you not recall Darwins Stepchild going from questioning the historicity of David to accepting it when evidence of his existence was presented to him on another thread? I had told himthat I had just accepted the historicity of David based on a link he provided to a NOVA show that he had seen years earlier. He thought that I was mistaken - that David's son Solomon was the earliest figure to have reliable evidentiary support for. I believe it was Aura Mytha who presented links outlining the archeology uncovering David's castle, after which he rewatched the video and posted his gratitude for being updated. From http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

Darwins Stepchild wrote: BTW...I watched the "Bible's Buried Secrets" again, and you were correct. I remembered the part where they said that David had been considered mythological, but had forgotten where they said the House of David stele was considered good historical proof of David's existence.

IANS wrote: Thanks again for that link. I knew the part about the Exodus and siege of Canaan being mythology, but the material about the historicity of David and Solomon, and the J E D P documentary hypothesis material was new to me. It's odd that we can establish that ancient figures like David, Solomon, Alexander and Caesar were all historical characters, but this alleged god Jesus still eludes confirmation.

This is how we roll.

You're a faith based thinker, however. Your faith requires Jesus to have actually lived, so you assume that it is fact, and scoff at others who don't accept your paltry supporting evidence as conclusive.
tricki

Birdsboro, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's no lie, I've been to churches that insist on formal wear when attending. They are usually the uptight and boring churches. The ones I like are the ones that don't care how you dress, what you believe or if you donate to them or not, they're just happy that they can spread the Word to you..
Name the church Casper. Recheck, you are a dear. Don't interrupt, honey
honeychicc

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2014

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
If theres was such a God he would be still living-theres no God no person existed Proven,,,

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2014

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange, but I somehow expected you'd respond like that. Why is it that you name the one and not the other?
When someone asks you which deity you worship, you more often than not come back with a response similar to: <Ar aR> "...GOD" <==== A generic name for a deity.
Or another response similar to: <Ar aR>"...fuckoff" <====A strange name for a deity.
What?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2014

tricki wrote:
<quoted text>
Name the church Casper. Recheck, you are a dear. Don't interrupt, honey
What?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2014

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what evidence based thinking does for you.
Do you not recall Darwins Stepchild going from questioning the historicity of David to accepting it when evidence of his existence was presented to him on another thread? I had told himthat I had just accepted the historicity of David based on a link he provided to a NOVA show that he had seen years earlier. He thought that I was mistaken - that David's son Solomon was the earliest figure to have reliable evidentiary support for. I believe it was Aura Mytha who presented links outlining the archeology uncovering David's castle, after which he rewatched the video and posted his gratitude for being updated. From http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
Darwins Stepchild wrote: BTW...I watched the "Bible's Buried Secrets" again, and you were correct. I remembered the part where they said that David had been considered mythological, but had forgotten where they said the House of David stele was considered good historical proof of David's existence.
IANS wrote: Thanks again for that link. I knew the part about the Exodus and siege of Canaan being mythology, but the material about the historicity of David and Solomon, and the J E D P documentary hypothesis material was new to me. It's odd that we can establish that ancient figures like David, Solomon, Alexander and Caesar were all historical characters, but this alleged god Jesus still eludes confirmation.
This is how we roll.
You're a faith based thinker, however. Your faith requires Jesus to have actually lived, so you assume that it is fact, and scoff at others who don't accept your paltry supporting evidence as conclusive.
You're right, I do have faith that Jesus exists.

I also have faith that King David existed, the recent discovery of his stele confirms Christian beliefs to be fact.

Imagine that....

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2014

Judged:

sweets2360 wrote:
IMO the only tenet of Christianity that matters to any of them, is the original sin part. That is the beginning of all. You are preached at and taught from birth that you are a spiritual worm and condemned to die if you do not achieve redemption and forgiveness for being born a human. Then religion throws you a life line if you humble yourselves and obey without question. That is when the hook catches you in the mouth.
It's quite convenient how the religion invents a crime and a resulting disease that only it has the cure for. Cigarettes also create a need that only they can satisfy, and do just as good a job snagging people, especially if they can influence them as children.
sweets2360 wrote:
By the time you are preadolescent, you know right from wrong, you have disobeyed your parents and done a lot of things you feel guilty of doing, so religion has a way of making you feel better by praying for forgiveness and a really, really good preacher can make you feel like crying your eyes out, cause after all we are human. So, another little faithful Christian is born. And empties out his pockets every Sunday.
Our only defense is skepticism and an insistence on evidence.
sweets2360 wrote:
Control is the number one objective of every Abrahamic religion. Look how the muslims are controlled. Believe me, they don't talk back or even say they don't believe in Mohammed. That could be a death sentence.
Agreed. Submission is the highest virtue in Christianity. Obey the god and everything else will work out. Defy it, and you will be eternally punished. Everything else is subordinate to that.

And the chief enemies of submission - reason. free will, and the natural appetites - are all disesteemed. In their place, faith, death of the ego, and denial of the pursuit of pleasure are vaunted. What we call autonomy, freedom and self-actualization is called pride and rebellion by the church.

These values are embodied in the Sermon on the Mount: be meek, be longsuffering, turn the other cheek, be satisfied with poverty and don't complain about injustices, for your reward will be greater.

It's all about submission.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2014

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul's tenet that women must keep their heads covered with a veil during prayer is quite inconvenient and, for this reason, has either been rationalized away or ignored, although it is no less binding than any other moral law in the New Testament:
"...but any woman who prays or prophecies with her head unveiled dishonors her head.... For if a woman will not veil herself, then we should cut off her hair: but if it be disgraceful for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her wear a veil.... Judge for yourself; is it proper for a woman to pray to God with head uncovered?" (1 Cor. 11:5-13 RSV)
Watch Joyce Meyers, is her head covered? Is she wearing a veil? Does she put one on when she prays to God? No of course not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Just once I would like to find someone claiming to be a Christian who follows biblical teachings.
You'd have to look among the very Orthodox Jews for that.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2014

Judged:

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
There is not one shred of evidence of a "son of god" who died, rose from the dead after three days, walked on water, fed zillions of people with two fish and a loaf of bread, raised a dead person, cured lepers.... Not a one.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I don't know if you're right and I don't care. I believe in Jesus.
Well said.

Matt Dillahunty describes his path out of religion thusly:

"My only goal was to be the best Christian I could be, and represent this to people who didn’t believe. And what I found - because I actually cared about whether or not my beliefs were actually true rather than whether they felt good - was that my beliefs weren’t justified.... And when I talked to people about this, the only answer they ever offered is,‘Well, you just got to have faith.’ I don’t. Faith is not a virtue. Faith is gullibility. It’s evidence that determines whether or not your perception of reality is reasonable and in conjunction with the world as it is."

That is how you tunnel out - a commitment to truth, which is known by reason and evidence.

Your attitude makes that journey impossible for you. You no doubt think that that is good. You probably brag that your faith is strong, and that you will hold the course no matter what evidence arises, which you probably have learned to view as the work of a devil. You probably have also learned to treat whatever cognitive dissonance that may arise in your mind as the voice of the devil.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2014

Judged:

Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
I think I see an interesting dynamic at work on this forum. I see different groups. On the skeptical side I see atheists such as Ain't Necessarily So (He needs a shorter nick-name) Aura Mytha, Scaritual, and wordofme posting thought provoking concepts. They appear to be thoughtful and polite unless treated with malice.
Thanks. My friends call me IANS, but if you want to post to me and have me see it, your post should include " ain" in it somewhere (note the space), since when I am behind, I scan the pages with the search function using that string, which appears in "It Aint Necessarily So" and variations such as yours with an apostrophe (Ain't Necessarily So). If I don't lead with the space, I hit every word with "ain" in it such as again.

And I would include you in my list of polite and thoughtful Christians.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Joyce Meyer is a loon and a false teacher. She "teaches" things like; If you don't believe Jesus went to hell, you cannot be saved, and; Jesus stopped being the Son of God. She also thinks she isn't a sinner and has been quoted saying that.
If you wanna find nutty Christian "preacher" quotes, she's your man.
You know, I drew that quote from her show, years ago. I had gotten up and flicked the teevee on, and there she was - saying that.

I turned it off, a bit dazed at the comment. Then as an afterthought, and while it was still fresh in my mind, I wrote it down. Yeah, she's bizarre.

But then again, I live in the region where the Church of God and the - Church of God of Prophecy - is headquartered. Along with about "3 billion" other variations of those denominations, plus Baptists(all flavors), Methodist, Adventist, Catholic, Presbyterian, Episcopal, Lutherans, Muslim, Hindu etc... I just recently ran across a Jesuit variant, but it didn't surprise me...too much.

I took a drive years ago around the area, and within a ten mile or so radius of my house, I counted somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 churches, some active, some not.

That's in my immediate region.

The strange thing, is that if you drive 40 miles to the south, you still have the diversity, but the numbers of churches goes down drastically, and if you go into the region where I am from(born, raised) the diversity almost literally vanishes, with just about every church being Baptist, almost exclusively, with an occasional Methodist church thrown in. All of this happens within a rough 70-100 mile radius of where I am currently.

I've always found that fascinating.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I'm sorry about the "lousy lay" thing. That was out of line and uncalled for.
Yes, but is you apology too late?

I shall have to consider this.

“I love Jesus”

Since: Dec 08

Heaven, but Earthbound for now

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
Well said Susie D. And to demonstrate this very principle let me show two remarks from two skeptics on the existence of Jesus:
Gerd Ludemann is an atheist and New Testament scholar. I respect his honest attempts even though I disagree with his conclusions. Here's what Gerd writes about Jesus crucifixion.
"When Jesus was crucified one Friday in the spring of (about) 30C.E.
after being arrested by the Roman military, the male disci-
ples who had accompanied him to Jerusalem fled in fear back to
their native Galilee. Several female members of his entourage
were more tenacious, among them a woman named Mary from
the Galilean fishing village of Magdala.
It is clear that Rome had ample reason for executing Jesus:
troublemakers—especially any seeming to have royal pretensions—
must be summarily removed."
http://wwwuser.gwdg.de/~gluedem/download/Free...
Obviously Gerd acknowledges that Jesus existed. He couldn't be crucified otherwise.
Now Earl Doherty on the existence of Jesus:
In Christian writings earlier than Mark, including almost all of the New Testament epistles, as well as in many writings from the second century, the object of Christian faith is never spoken of as a human man who had recently lived, taught, performed miracles, suffered and died at the hands of human authorities, or rose from a tomb outside Jerusalem.
Paul does not locate the death and resurrection of Christ on earth or in history. According to him, the crucifixion took place in the spiritual world, in a supernatural dimension above the earth, at the hands of the demon spirits (which many scholars agree is the meaning of "rulers of this age" in 1 Corinthians 2:8).
http://www.jesuspuzzle.humanists.net/puzzle4....
C'mon atheists, do you agree or don't you? Don't be shy!
Case closed.:)
What!! You mean they have more than one take on an event? How dare they.. Nice job Ghost proving what you have said so many times.. and what I ahve reiterated.
Scrooge

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2014

Propaganda machine for mindless cretins like you.
The blind hypocrisy of this religiously brainwashed mentally retarded death-denying cowardly subhuman Christian cretin never cease to amaze.

Organized religion is the cruelest and most dangerous hoax of all time. You personally desperately cling to your self-degrading and self-destructive delusions of an imaginary father figure in the sky and an afterlife paradise for ignorant and bigoted piles of shit like you because you can't bare the thought of living without multiple one-way conversations with your imaginary friend and bravely accepting your own mortality.

You're an utterly despicable coward and should be institutionalized immediately, punk!
Scrooge

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2014

Judged:

tricki wrote:
that is pathetic. you are A LIAR
No, sicki, you're the pathetic LIAR!

You've been programmed to lie for your bronze age cult and all you do is post defamatory comments about rational people for exposing the greatest hoax of all time. You, nanoanal and susie delusional are three especially retarded and revolting redneck bitches who should be institutionalized for the rest of your worthless lives. Most of your childish posts are simply ignored. F*ck off, BITCH!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

484 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 min Student 38,463
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Behind Enemy Lines 533,020
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 min Israel r War Crime Jews 115,368
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min passing gas 256,734
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 8 min uIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE 215
Nine Eleven 19 min butt burp 23
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 20 min UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE 172,481
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 2 hr Mien 82
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••