Prove there's a god.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#703628 Mar 18, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
Male lodges are also comparable, naked men in a sauna, naked men in the showers etc..
Cultural bias from the ignorant is just that.
According to ar ar's rules for sexuality, any man in a group of naked men is either gay or bisexual.
That, dear drooling Americans, includes football players. All of them.
Shower, spa, sauna, bath. Definitely comparable.
You've heard of Ian Roberts, but did you hear about the gay footy player who didn't make it in the NRL? Why?

Because he was too forward with his passes.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#703629 Mar 18, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Nanoasshole touches herself when she reads her own trash..........
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Does her hand ever go to sleep on her? The ultimate rejection...
I think that more often than not, nanoanal's hand cramps up on him and says, "Not tonight, dear, I have a headache."

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#703630 Mar 18, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, in North Queensland the main season they have is "The Wet".
With the sun that makes the steam. Wet season's over now so it's just 'the heat'.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#703631 Mar 18, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
Yeah, we all know how your ego would rather bury an entire thread than let everybody else see how I showed how flawed your logic is. At least I have the pleasure of knowing it made your brain squirm when your acolyte also said you were wrong.
Don't get much of that at your Gathering meetings, do ya? I'd rather a compatriot tell me where the cracks are than nod brainlessly along with a convoluted, flawed argument. Too bad your wounded ego won't allow room for constructive criticism.
Are you off your medications again? You seem to be in a permanent androgenic roid rage, Buttercup.

Fennario

#703632 Mar 18, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody here violates logic like you do.
Another fellatious argument

Fennario

#703633 Mar 18, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> You said you knew a little about medicine. Are you a nurse, doctor or pharmacist?
Retired physician. I was board certified in internal medicine and hospice / palliative medicine.
Greens - Tuf

Northmead, Australia

#703634 Mar 18, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
You've heard of Ian Roberts, but did you hear about the gay footy player who didn't make it in the NRL? Why?
Lol.
Greens - Tuf

Annandale, Australia

#703635 Mar 18, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Plus , he was always screwing the scrum.
Greens - Tuf

Northmead, Australia

#703636 Mar 18, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
With the sun that makes the steam. Wet season's over now so it's just 'the heat'.
Sydney is perfect. We are right in the middle. Not too cold and not too hot.

Fennario

#703637 Mar 18, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>
Purification... used many times in the Old Testament.. to cleanse.
<quoted text> Satan's torture; not mankind...
<quoted text> Hell is a place absent from God and it is better to have one eye than to be without God..
<quoted text> Anyone who does not accept Christ will suffer hell... a place of complete darkness and then they will perish... This metaphoric fire will either cleanse you and open your eyes or it will destroy you and you will die the second death.
OK, and thanks.

I appreciate that you reject the idea of a loving god inflicting gratuitous torture.
Greens - Tuf

Northmead, Australia

#703638 Mar 18, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I said " show me how you tackle ", not " show me you're tackle".

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#703639 Mar 18, 2014
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text>Sydney is perfect. We are right in the middle. Not too cold and not too hot.
I call it home. So, yeah. I know.

Fennario

#703640 Mar 18, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
Most of the full-on atheists you see on Topix belong to the same radical group. They are organized, trained, committed and totally backed by Topix mods no matter how abusive they are. They are organized like the mafia, with capos, middle guys and gimp types (Scrooge/Skeptic), all with the same agenda.
Yikes.

Fennario

#703641 Mar 18, 2014
scaritual wrote:
compared to "across the mountain" and all of the beliefs there
From the "There's a word for that" file, here's a word for the area on the other side of the mountan: tramontane
http://snipurl.com/28pgfsy
scaritual wrote:
As far as what's near me
This side is cismontane
http://snipurl.com/28pgfxs

Fennario

#703642 Mar 18, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
You're the one being petty. You have said you don't find the idea of returning "to" nonexistence disagreeable, after you die, since you believe your consciousness didn't come "from" anything in the first place, so why be so petulant when you have the free will to believe that? You want nothing so you get nothing seems fair to me.
What is this? I don't know how to respond to your flight of ideas.

Fennario

#703643 Mar 18, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
if you don't like living under the YEAR OF OUR LORD, you're free to leave my country and the entire western hemisphere and don't let the door hit your bedunker on the way out!:-)
Move to Iran or North Korea, right? I haven't seen either of those in over a week.

Fennario

#703644 Mar 18, 2014
Susie D wrote:
I like how you pointed out about turning the other cheek. Some of atheist, agnostics and paganism think they can say whatever they want to Christians and we are supposed to take their attack in stride.
I agree with you. There is no virtue in letting others abuse you. Some people are too nuts to answer, but that is something different.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#703645 Mar 18, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> CAn you show me where God uses the word "literal" hell rather than a purification?
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only son so that we will not PERISH...(not got to hell or burn but perish) but have everlasting life...
Now that is literal!!
<quoted text>
Yo, IANS.
Trying to reason with these people is a waste of time. It's like herding puppies, y'know? Ass-lickers and nose-miners for jesus.
Last night I wrote up a post about this:
<quoted text>
and porter's (a.k.a. "the talk")
<quoted text>
So I called aaasssie a wannabe sodomizer and told porter it's his hell he can go there, and little susie d' lusional proceded to lecture *me* about compassion because I told them that I wished there was a hell, because they deserve it.
She condones their hatred of me, and blasts me for not tolerating it. That's a christian for you.
And Topix refused to post it.
What's that tell you?
I wonder if they'll post this...
Now our Wassy's sleazing onto little Susie. They would make a good couple - thoroughly deserving of each other.
:D
Greens - Tuf

Northmead, Australia

#703646 Mar 18, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, and thanks.
I appreciate that you reject the idea of a loving god inflicting gratuitous torture.
Why would a "loving" God create a material world full of separate entities who can and do inflict gratuitous torture on one another in the first place ?

Fennario

#703647 Mar 18, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
It's nice to know that greater minds than yours consider faith synonymous with trust.
I didn't say that I don't consider them synonymous. You misunderstood what you read:

Ghost Writer 2 You wrote: Faith is synonymous with trust and that's the way I always use the word faith
IANS wrote: I don't.

I didn't say that the words are not synonymous. I said that I don't use the word "faith" that way:

From http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
"I choose not to use the word "faith" to mean provisional trust commensurate with experience or other evidence."

I give that word to the faithful, and elect not to use it to refer to the way that evidence based thinkers think. It's a personal choice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min New Age Spiritual... 678,600
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 30 min Aerobatty 118,567
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 33 min RiversideRedneck 2,134
News Bill to loosen financial rules would save $24 b... 37 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 2
News Trump budget promises balance in decade, relies... 43 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 4
News An ambitious ruler defeated by his own hubris: ... 44 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 2
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 57 min New Age Spiritual... 33,210
More from around the web