Scrooge

Phoenix, AZ

#703271 Mar 17, 2014
Just Think wrote:
How odd...you walked away from a very simple question yesterday when asked (multiple times) about your very inconsistent and contradictory views on what a real Christian is...
Ghost Writer is an utterly despicable coward who feels proud of himself for mindlessly posting Christian apologetics bullshit then runs away when rational people debunk the nonsense.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#703272 Mar 17, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
somewhere around 2014 years ago - DUH!
my rebirth in Christ was relatively recent tho and it's proof positive that the grace of God is still flowing powerfully because of the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!
so : what exactly is the birth-date of the christ?

so you do not know!

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#703273 Mar 17, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm "excluded", which means I don't get access to your fake atheist church, possibly full of naked multicultural men.
Shucks.
you did not get in?

wtf is it bring your own equipment?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#703274 Mar 17, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like any other profession, a scientist is judged on his ability to do the work required of his profession.
Science does not try to prove religion wrong...it just turns up facts that contradict the Bible and religion.
The Bible is full of supernatural events, science does not try to explain supernatural events.
Any one that has a real science degrees and believes in religious fundamentalist bullsh!t is not truly a scientist.
<quoted text>
I just spit tea all over my monitor!
HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!! HAAA HAAA HAAA!!
what's so funny about that, hon?

if you were a 'scientist', just think about the crazy antichrist consipiracies that you'd be feverishly working your cute lil budakadunk on!;-)

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#703275 Mar 17, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do you find it "fascinating" that there are so many denominations near you?
To you, it may seem like a strange interest to have, but like I said, I find it fascinating. I've always been interested in why people choose the things they choose - not exclusive to religion alone - and the reasons behind those choices.

I find the "pockets" of divergent beliefs to be fascinating. This region was settled in sporadic bursts at various times in history. For instance, when I mentioned where I come from. It was settled at roughly the same time that the area across the mountain was settled, where I mentioned there were many divergent beliefs, but less numbers of churches over all are found.

The region where I'm from is almost exclusively Baptist as I mentioned, and there is almost literally a church around every corner or down every road(and oft times numerous churches within sight of each other) whether in the small town or rural areas. Almost all Baptist. With small congregations.

I understand that being a mountainous area the reason for some of that, but still the singular(almost) Baptist belief, compared to "across the mountain" and all of the beliefs there, but fewer churches(by far), I find intriguing, and I do understand most of why, but not all.

As far as what's near me now, the high number of denominations - and churches - I find interesting because there is such a wide range of divergent beliefs, and honestly, the population here is not densely concentrated.

But I can drive 20 miles to the north, and it goes to relatively all Baptist, with very few churches at all. However, the population there is very sparse, but not much more so than where I grew up. Which is covered with churches.

There are many factors that contribute to this, and I could go into that in detail, but it'd take more than just one simple post. I've not got the habit of mincing words...hahaaa.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#703276 Mar 17, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove that Ganesha is not the son of Shiva.
You see, it's the responsibility of the one making the claim to prove it's validity. So, please prove that the deity you cite exists, and that Jesus is it's only son.
<quoted text>
And neither he nor I give a rat's ass about your phony savior.
You are nothing but a pile of shit with a pulse.
HEY PUSHERMAN - HELP!

look what kait called me just for putting my opinion out on a debate forum:-(

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#703277 Mar 17, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you be attacked for anything Waaasup? Don't you always engage in a mature and respectful conversation, presenting yourself as a serious Christian with consistently Christ-like behavior? Don't you exemplify Jesus' message?
I believe that, at least for myself, the main point of life is to acquire knowledge and wisdom, and to do that you need to vet all information to establish it's credibility. Faith is not a reliable epistemology, and cannot lead to either wisdom or truth. In fact, it will inevitably lead away from them. How can it do otherwise?
<quoted text>
Here's what you believe:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You hate him because he's right and your wrong; the same reason why you hate me.
Go fuck yourself.
I DON'T HATE YOU OR ANYONE ELSE!

but, i do like to tell the truth and watch liars get all red-faced & nutz!;-)

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#703279 Mar 17, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he'll force the opposite on me. It sounds like sour grapes.
<quoted text>
Your god sounds petty, narcissitic and vindictive to me.
<quoted text>
Is that me or the god speaking like that? If it's the god, perhaps it should be "If you don't do what I say now, you can't come to my stupid party later." It's all so undignified for a god.
<quoted text>
What I want is a kind and reasonable god, and evidence for it.
You're the one being petty.

You have said you don't find the idea of returning "to" nonexistence disagreeable, after you die, since you believe your consciousness didn't come "from" anything in the first place, so why be so petulant when you have the free will to believe that? You want nothing so you get nothing seems fair to me.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#703280 Mar 17, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Most of the full-on atheists you see on Topix belong to the same radical group. They are organized, trained, committed and totally backed by Topix mods no matter how abusive they are. They are organized like the mafia, with capos, middle guys and gimp types (Scrooge/Skeptic), all with the same agenda.
Just Think wrote:
LOL...that's not at all paranoid....
hahaa... Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's gonna be the most outlandish thing I'll read this day. Maybe all week.

\~<makes atheist/Î\agenda/Î\ hand signs>~/

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#703281 Mar 17, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you conclude that faith leads to the conclusion that Christianity is valid but all other religions, which also function on faith, are not?
<quoted text>
No it isn't. It's the Year of the Horse. Ask the Chinese.
<quoted text>
Unbelievable! The dumb fucker thinks his god invented the Gregorian calender.
if you don't like living under the YEAR OF OUR LORD, you're free to leave my country and the entire western hemisphere and don't let the door hit your bedunker on the way out!:-)

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#703282 Mar 17, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
ok - YOU tell kait to stop talking shyt to me, i'll tell RR to chill and then none of us will be hypocrites!:-)
I am The Hypocrites Of Hypocrites wasup, you wanna tell Kait something, tell her yourself. Any man that tells a woman, it ain't my philosophy I wanna shove down your throat, shouldn't be afraid to tell her anything.. No matter Kaits belief, she is still a woman and should be respected as such. She FKN Rocks!

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#703283 Mar 17, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY PUSHERMAN - HELP!
look what kait called me just for putting my opinion out on a debate forum:-(
Yeah, I know. Ain't she Great!

“I love Jesus”

Since: Dec 08

Heaven, but Earthbound for now

#703284 Mar 17, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm afraid you don't understand the theological concept of Jesus crucifixion.
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. preached the same message in the 1950s and 60s. Dr. King was an ordained pastor with a doctorate in Systematic Theology. And his values all came from the Sermon on the Mount.
I like how you pointed out about turning the other cheek. Some of atheist, agnostics and paganism think they can say whatever they want to Christians and we are supposed to take their attack in stride. They call is names and cry when we say something back. It is like 3 year olds… Mommy sissy hit me back? Three year old usually do not say I hit sissy first to cause the strike back; they are egocentric and full of hate. They resort to calling people derogatory names like retarted, morons, idiots and wish harm on people.. These are the posters follow that IM.. Kate, Screwage, Karl… they are very childish…
Although pusherman does not resort to name calling or wishing harm to others, and I respect him for that, he has no real purpose but to cause chaos and confusion. However, his tactics do not work so well with me :) and I can tell they do not work with you either.
I agree, there are some poster like ain’t necessarily so Wilde Rider who actually have something to say.
We get called names and put through the ringer and they actually believe we are a doormat for them to step upon. I always turn my cheek one time, depending… but I am a spicy little lady who eventually gives it back minus the derogatory name calling

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#703285 Mar 17, 2014
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe in the validity of Christianity because we use the Gregorian calendar?
If you have a Christmas tree or eat Easter eggs does that turn you into a pagan?
<quoted text>
As usual, you don't know what the fuck you're babbling about.
You call Catholics "antichrists," yet you rely on a calender that was devised by a Catholic Pope. Care to take that cock out of your mouth and explain?
pope greg did the west a solid and that much i like about the ole dude.

he got you pissed off so he couldn't have been all bad;-)

Location hidden

#703286 Mar 17, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>...
I don't.
It's nice to know that greater minds than yours consider faith synonymous with trust.

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Unreasonable... ;

I like Wigner... and Hungarians in general.

“I love Jesus”

#703287 Mar 17, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> It goes w/out saying Susie when it's in your face. Sure He spoke about it in Metaphors in some verses but others are pretty plain. you're cherry picking what you want to believe and not what is actually said about it. you're a liberal christian. What christians are going to He!!? 21st century Pharisees'! you accept eternal Heaven, Maybe that's a Metaphor also?
Actually I am allergic to cherry's and I have no need to pick them. If I need guidance on what the Bible truly means, I will ask a more qualified expert.. You have no qualifications at all. Maybe I'll ask Ghost or someone I personally know? I am not trying to be rude, but taking spiritual advise from you would be like me seeking medical advise from a cashier at Walmart. Being an open minded Christian is a wonderful thing so thank you for the compliment. Again, I will reiterate, if I chose a more conservative view, you would be the first one saying that the Bible is not to be taken so literal and I should be more "liberal" in my thinking.. No winning with you is there? LOL... Just saying, it seems like you are actually the one who like picking cherry's ;)

Location hidden

#703288 Mar 17, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm "excluded", which means I don't get access to your fake atheist church, possibly full of naked multicultural men.
Shucks.
Much like the buttpirates at 3:07 minutes,

...their Reason Rallies, Gatherings and freethought conventions are peppered with freaks. Most of them here have been to these events. It must be where so much of the donations go, airfare.

Bleh.

Location hidden

#703289 Mar 17, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
Ghost Writer is an utterly despicable coward who feels proud of himself for mindlessly posting Christian apologetics bullshit then runs away when rational people debunk the nonsense.
Your hatred keeps you from being rational, flametard.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#703290 Mar 17, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> The foundation of our religion is faith, love, honor, praise, forgiveness and glory. The belief that God above gave his son out of LOVE…. The mere fact you think people believe out of fear is insane. I do not need hell to believe in Jesus and I am going to bet that most Christians do not either. I have yet to meet one person who believes out of fear. There is so much more that apparently are clueless about or ignore that you completely miss the focal point of Christianity. It must be true because you said so?? Nope..
Nice way you try to dictate what other people feel and why they believe or how they are supposed to feel coming from a person who is not a Christian and does not even believe in God. That is like “us” saying witchcraft is FAKE and all it is based on is witch casting spells or enchantments and that is the basis of you religion.. Witchcraft is religion based on hate, hocus pocus and satanic rituals; nothing more than a sisterhood that cast spells on people because they are mad. Now, that is how people view your religion so does that make it true? Because many people have that idea of your religion it is exactly that.. Now, by your own assertion this is the law because someone or MANY have said so?
This is the consensios for over 5,000 years.
Oh. And who was the one perpetrating all those lies and torturing and murdering people over their own lies?---christianity(abrahamis m)
Ya....time for more hobbles is here.

“I love Jesus”

#703291 Mar 17, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I am not trying to get you to think shyt Susie. How can you look at being cast down into a lake of fire, eternal punishment, as a metaphor and not Heaven? what's the diff? 6 is a half a dozen no matter how you look at it. stop deluding yourself by thinking only parts "you" want to believe are true and take it for what it is. I think you're the clueless one with your liberal christian view Susie.. you think of He!! as metaphoric why isn't Heaven metaphoric? Explain that and guide me in my eyes of blindness..
Heaven is a metaphor... It is a metaphor for utopia.. I will be in utopia..:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min hojo 582,470
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 min Good-Evil 2,953
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 min Jac 442,404
why do atheists have to be so stupid! (May '12) 14 min Rider on the Storm 802
More REAL Music: Part II !!! 1 hr Doctor REALITY 13
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 176,346
I Want a Chick to Kickme In The Balls (May '11) 1 hr josh 15
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Paul Porter1 611,754
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 12 hr Rosa_Winkel 98,792
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 15 hr puspamishra130 190
More from around the web