Prove there's a god.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#703451 Mar 17, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Football teams are comprised of different nationalities, as is America.
The variant there would be the luxury, which exists as funds allow.
Professional players have the works and relax, in luxury, together, with beer, naked.
Never mind the gayness of having your face inches from some bloke's arse.
HaHaHaHa!! irecknso!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#703452 Mar 17, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me where I said that.
You have a habit of mischaracterizing.
I have enjoyed my many trips to Shanghai, yes.
But show me where I bragged about a male-only bath house.
You won't, because you can't.
Ok, so you called it a spa, not a bath house...

Catcher1 | Aug 5, 2013

"Hey, I spent a week at a luxury hotel in Shanghai, with a huge spa--jacuzzi, saunas, Turkish somethingorothers, cold plunge, all sorts of showers, water with cucumbers and limes, towels the size of blankets, lockers, creams, you name it. Nobody wears anything. Great diversity--Asians and Europeans of all sorts. Separate spas for each gender though, unfortunately."

http://m.topix.net/forum/topstories/T0N0LORUM...

Let's see how Dangerous Surgeon compares THAT to a locker room shower......

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#703453 Mar 17, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought God was immaterial. That would make Him very difficult to dig up. Impossible even.
Well ya, but Newton has this "special" ability.

Comes with a yellow bus and a safety helmet....

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#703454 Mar 17, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Football teams are comprised of different nationalities, as is America.
The variant there would be the luxury, which exists as funds allow.
Professional players have the works and relax, in luxury, together, with beer, naked.
Never mind the gayness of having your face inches from some bloke's arse.
You may be able to compare it IF a team member went to another teams locker room to shower, and brought some cucumbers, lemons, oversized towels and creams.

Then went on to brag about his experience.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#703455 Mar 17, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Will you level the same sort of reasoning towards your son when he joins the U.S. Army?
Because...I've got some news for you, unless it's changed radically, he's gonna be showering(naked!) and living with multicultural men in very close quarters.
For years.
And exactly how is THAT comparable to THIS?

"Hey, I spent a week at a luxury hotel in Shanghai, with a huge spa--jacuzzi, saunas, Turkish somethingorothers, cold plunge, all sorts of showers, water with cucumbers and limes, towels the size of blankets, lockers, creams, you name it. Nobody wears anything. Great diversity--Asians and Europeans of all sorts. Separate spas for each gender though, unfortunately."
tricki

Douglassville, PA

#703456 Mar 17, 2014
tricki wrote:
Pure B.S.
Nonsense
Forged
It was so ridiculous, others plotted to make it even more ridiculous
The scraps of paper with some words on them that are supposed to be scripture were put there by the pope and his pals
it is believed that how they established the church. they needed proof so they wrote some bologna, cut up the pages and placed them in strategic places. they needed a lot of converts to build a big army.
they left in their lunch orders, "He ou I wan salam with pro olone chees and extr ayo on eat br d" was recovered outside lenny's tavern and grill in 331 CE

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#703457 Mar 17, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMMFAO!
"God's siblings".....
Some theistic knowledge about your religion and its origins.

Mark Stratton John Matthew Smith (born December 6, 1956) is an American professor and Biblical scholar who currently holds the Skirball Chair of Bible and Ancient Near Eastern Studies in the Department of Hebrew and Judaic Studies at New York University.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_S._Smith

Smith has more publications and positions than I could list in two posts.

Quoting:
"Biblical texts do attest to Yahweh and El as different gods sanctioned by early Israel. For example, Genesis 49:24-25 presents a series of El epithets separate from the mention of Yahweh in verse 18. This passage does not show the relative status of the two gods in early Israel, only that they could be named separately in the same poem.

More helpful is the text of the Septuagint and one of the Dead sea scrolls(4Q Deut) for Deuteronomy 32: 8-9, which cast Yahweh in the role of one of the divine sons, understood as fathered by El, called Elyon in the first line;

"When the Most High Elyon allotted peoples for his inheritance,
When He divided up humanity,
He fixed the boundaries for peoples,
According to the number of the divine sons of El:
For Yahweh's portion is his people,
Jacob His own inheritance."

The traditional Hebrew text(MT) perhaps reflects a discomfort with this polytheistic theology of Israel, for it shows in the fourth line not "sons of El" but "sons of Israel". This passage, with the Septuagint and the Dead Sea Scroll reading, presents a cosmic order in which each deity received its own nation.

Israel was the nation which Yahweh recieved, yet El was the head of this pantheon and Yahweh only one of it's members. This reading points to an old phase of Israel's religion when El held a pre-eminent position apart from the status of Yahweh.

Apparently, originally El was Israel's chief god, as suggested by the personal name Israel[Is ra El].

Then, when the cult of Yahweh became more important in the land of early Israel, the view reflected in Deuteronomy 32:8-9 served as a mode to accommodate this religious development.

El as a separate god disappeared, perhaps at different rates in different regions. This process may appear to involve Yahweh incorporating El's characteristics, for Yahweh is the eventual historical "winner".

Yet in the pre-monarchic period, the process may be envisioned - at least initially - in the opposite terms: Israelite highland cult sites of El assimilated the outsider, southerner Yahweh.

In comparison, Yahweh in ancient Israel and Baal at Ugarit were both outsider warrior gods who stood second in rank to El, but they eventually overshadowed him in power. Yet Yahweh's development went further. He was identified with El: here the son replaced the father whose name only serves as a title for the son.

This paradigm of convergence of divine identities succeeded the older paradigm of divine succession in the ancient Middle East(for example, Ea's replacement by his son Marduk in Enuma Elish). Indeed the erasure of the father, with the transformation into the son, was a requisite condition for the monotheistic identity of the son." - The Origins of Biblical Monotheism: Israel's Polytheistic Background and the Ugaritic Texts, by Mark S. Smith

"Biblical scholars now recognize that in the pre-exilic era Asherah worship, infant sacrifice, solar veneration, and other religious practices attacked by biblical authors represented normal Israelite worship, while monotheism was a late development in the Babylonian Exile and subsequent years." - Journal of Hebrew Scriptures, in review of Smiths work.

Polytheism persisted in Judaism until well after the exile.

Your entire belief is based upon primitive polytheistic cultures melding of varying tribal beliefs in deities as they moved to monotheism, and does not represent a singular and unique deity in any way.

Myth from myth.
tricki

Douglassville, PA

#703458 Mar 17, 2014
Nawton wrote:
<quoted text>Saul wrote, and we all know the credibility of Saul
Saul wrote, and we all know the credibility of Saul

tell me, who is all?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#703459 Mar 17, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me where I said anything about gay luxury; or about partying; or about any buddies.
You won't, because you can't.
Well if they weren't your buddies, you're homoerotic all-male nude "luxury spa" experience just got weirder......
tricki

Douglassville, PA

#703460 Mar 17, 2014
Nawton wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
I always think.
Now, yell me about this fear that you present as eternal damnation.
Did this 'fear' make you turn to xtianity?
tell me, why do you ask?

Location hidden

#703461 Mar 17, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And exactly how is THAT comparable to THIS?
Them dogfaced soldiers like to have a good time when cutting loose is the order.

That's all you can probably handle at this point, plus you don't need to start leveling those charges at your son, when it isn't gay or bisexual activity.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#703462 Mar 17, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Some theistic knowledge about your religion and its origins.
Mark Stratton John Matthew Smith (born December 6, 1956) is an American professor and Biblical scholar who currently holds the Skirball Chair of Bible and Ancient Near Eastern Studies in the Department of Hebrew and Judaic Studies at New York University.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_S._Smith
Smith has more publications and positions than I could list in two posts.
Quoting:
"Biblical texts do attest to Yahweh and El as different gods sanctioned by early Israel. For example, Genesis 49:24-25 presents a series of El epithets separate from the mention of Yahweh in verse 18. This passage does not show the relative status of the two gods in early Israel, only that they could be named separately in the same poem.
More helpful is the text of the Septuagint and one of the Dead sea scrolls(4Q Deut) for Deuteronomy 32: 8-9, which cast Yahweh in the role of one of the divine sons, understood as fathered by El, called Elyon in the first line;
"When the Most High Elyon allotted peoples for his inheritance,
When He divided up humanity,
He fixed the boundaries for peoples,
According to the number of the divine sons of El:
For Yahweh's portion is his people,
Jacob His own inheritance."
The traditional Hebrew text(MT) perhaps reflects a discomfort with this polytheistic theology of Israel, for it shows in the fourth line not "sons of El" but "sons of Israel". This passage, with the Septuagint and the Dead Sea Scroll reading, presents a cosmic order in which each deity received its own nation.
Israel was the nation which Yahweh recieved, yet El was the head of this pantheon and Yahweh only one of it's members. This reading points to an old phase of Israel's religion when El held a pre-eminent position apart from the status of Yahweh.
Apparently, originally El was Israel's chief god, as suggested by the personal name Israel[Is ra El].
Then, when the cult of Yahweh became more important in the land of early Israel, the view reflected in Deuteronomy 32:8-9 served as a mode to accommodate this religious development.
El as a separate god disappeared, perhaps at different rates in different regions. This process may appear to involve Yahweh incorporating El's characteristics, for Yahweh is the eventual historical "winner".
Yet in the pre-monarchic period, the process may be envisioned - at least initially - in the opposite terms: Israelite highland cult sites of El assimilated the outsider, southerner Yahweh.
In comparison, Yahweh in ancient Israel and Baal at Ugarit were both outsider warrior gods who stood second in rank to El, but they eventually overshadowed him in power. Yet Yahweh's development went further. He was identified with El: here the son replaced the father whose name only serves as a title for the son.
This paradigm of convergence of divine identities succeeded the older paradigm of divine succession in the ancient Middle East(for example, Ea's replacement by his son Marduk in Enuma Elish). Indeed the erasure of the father, with the transformation into the son, was a requisite condition for the monotheistic identity of the son." - The Origins of Biblical Monotheism: Israel's Polytheistic Background and the Ugaritic Texts, by Mark S. Smith
"Biblical scholars now recognize that in the pre-exilic era Asherah worship, infant sacrifice, solar veneration, and other religious practices attacked by biblical authors represented normal Israelite worship, while monotheism was a late development in the Babylonian Exile and subsequent years." - Journal of Hebrew Scriptures, in review of Smiths work.
Polytheism persisted in Judaism until well after the exile.
Your entire belief is based upon primitive polytheistic cultures melding of varying tribal beliefs in deities as they moved to monotheism, and does not represent a singular and unique deity in any way.
Myth from myth.
Ya....

So days the "I've been atheist for 25 years" guy.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#703463 Mar 17, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so you called it a spa, not a bath house...
Catcher1 | Aug 5, 2013
Very good, thanks.

Now, let's recap. I stayed at a super-luxury (American) hotel in Shanghai. It had an incredible spa, and I commented on it. Yes, there were containers of drinking water, some with slices of lime in the water, some with slices of cucumbers in the water. Yes, the towels were super-sized. Yes, there were all sorts of amenities. Yes, I saw that the practice was to use the spa deshabille (look it up). Yes, there was great diversity: Asians, Europeans, Africans--not surprising really, as Shanghai is a very international city, as River Tam will confirm.

I did add one additional comment, didn't I?: "Separate spas for each gender though, unfortunately."

I have returned to the same hotel several times, and visited the spa each time. In California one would have to pay in the three figures to use a spa of that caliber. After a full day of activity, you can't beat it

So, Redneck, spin it any way you want, but don't mischaracterize my comments. Or if you need to, then do mischaracterize my comments.

Now get your Bud, your cigarette and your chicken, and go play in your sanctified garage.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#703464 Mar 17, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Them dogfaced soldiers like to have a good time when cutting loose is the order.
That's all you can probably handle at this point, plus you don't need to start leveling those charges at your son, when it isn't gay or bisexual activity.
No, a bunch of dudes showering in a locker room isn't gay.

Going to a luxury hotel and visiting the all-male spa, complete with cucumbers and lemons, is.
tricki

Douglassville, PA

#703465 Mar 17, 2014
New Testament contains 181, 253 words

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#703466 Mar 17, 2014
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Will you level the same sort of reasoning towards your son when he joins the U.S. Army?

Because...I've got some news for you, unless it's changed radically, he's gonna be showering(naked!) and living with multicultural men in very close quarters.

For years.
Yes another fair comparison. All soldiers are bisexual, at least.

Two brothers taking a bath together, rubber toys and all, toddler bisexuality.

According to ar ar.

NTTAWT.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#703468 Mar 17, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Don't abandon it cause of me, abandon it cause you're wrong! you wanna change it to what you want/hope it means, but susie it is stated in that I shared with you. VERY PLAINLY AND DESCRIPTIVE OF HE!!.. you work so hard to change what Jesus and God said to suit you is what you meant to say right? it says plainly what to expect susie and I am done with it.... Good Luck On Your Journey!
You know how these godbots are; if they don't like what's in front of them, they change it into something else and then respond to their own little pretensions as if *they* were the real issue.

Location hidden

#703469 Mar 17, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya....
So days the "I've been atheist for 25 years" guy.
Awwww, Ar aR is a little butthurt...

But, yeah, right towards the end of my military service...

umm...

Not that that would happen with your son.

Maybe you should pray.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#703470 Mar 17, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good, thanks.
Now, let's recap. I stayed at a super-luxury (American) hotel in Shanghai. It had an incredible spa, and I commented on it. Yes, there were containers of drinking water, some with slices of lime in the water, some with slices of cucumbers in the water. Yes, the towels were super-sized. Yes, there were all sorts of amenities. Yes, I saw that the practice was to use the spa deshabille (look it up). Yes, there was great diversity: Asians, Europeans, Africans--not surprising really, as Shanghai is a very international city, as River Tam will confirm.
I did add one additional comment, didn't I?: "Separate spas for each gender though, unfortunately."
I have returned to the same hotel several times, and visited the spa each time. In California one would have to pay in the three figures to use a spa of that caliber. After a full day of activity, you can't beat it
So, Redneck, spin it any way you want, but don't mischaracterize my comments. Or if you need to, then do mischaracterize my comments.
Now get your Bud, your cigarette and your chicken, and go play in your sanctified garage.
Ya, I don't consider a naked man-spa to be of any redeeming caliber.

It seems you do, though.

If I stayed at that hotel and decided to visit their spa, as soon as I saw naked dudes walking around, I'd high tail it outta there.

You see, I don't have homosexual tendencies like you do.

Why would any straight man want to be in a spa full of naked (or now you say scarily clothed) men?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#703471 Mar 17, 2014
Edit: 'scarily' should read 'scantily'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 28 min Maria 60,411
Is America 'Mystery Babylon,' mentioned in the ... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 23
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr kent 695,772
Sexual Desires: My wife pooping in my mouth (Aug '13) 2 hr KeepitDL 41
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 3 hr That Much Olde Sc... 2,506
Prove there is No God 5 hr Tellthetruth 7
Dem Livertard Are All Liars& Narcists 6 hr The One 3
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Feb 19 Pimpy 23
More from around the web