Prove there's a god.

“Filia Spartacus”

Since: Jun 13

Libertas

#703116 Mar 17, 2014
the talk wrote:
<quoted text>
Your problem is that you fear God due to Hell's existence. I am not at all in fear of Hell because I'm not going there, instead I'm going to Heaven to be with God.
These facts are why you are incapable of walking away from this thread and enjoy the hate cult that you adore called atheism.
Actually, I still fear the wrath of Inanna. She may send her galla demons after me, to drag me down screaming to the Underworld.

Beside her, your god is a Johnny-come-lately and a pansy-assed wimp.
tricki

Oley, PA

#703117 Mar 17, 2014
Make sure to take his words lightly

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#703118 Mar 17, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
And there you have it - another definitive and objectively true variation through the eyes of another reader.
And none of you has a compelling case against the other, nor authority to declare one another wrong. Just as a Rorschach ink blot shows whatever one happens to see in it, and no answer is more or less right than any other, scripture means whatever the individual reader prefers it to mean, and each one is as correct as the next.
True some parts of the Bible are in Metaphors and Parables. Like the Garbage Dump being compared to He!!, which Jesus was obviously speaking in a way that the sheep herders would understand, but they're parts where no Metaphor or Parable is used to describe He!!, it is talked of for just what it is and what to expect when the Judgement is rendered sending you there, like in that link I shared with them that Doc shared, it is plain as day what to expect when "cast down" into the Lake Of Fire and Eternal Damnation.. There is noway one can say that he/she believes in Jesus and the resurrection and that he Ascended into Heaven and not believe that he descended into He!! to preach the word. If they believed he did descend into He!! to preach the word, then say they believe in Heaven as described but not He!!, then they are more fked up than I and that, is really saying something!
tricki

Oley, PA

#703119 Mar 17, 2014
That's the key to genuine understanding of the reality of his life. Rely on scholars like DM Murdock. She's the real deal. Lots of integrity and very bright.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#703120 Mar 17, 2014
Ghost Writer 2 You wrote:
Mary was descended from King David. Joseph was also descended from King David but was Jesus' father by ADOPTION. In Hebrew culture this carried just as much weight as biological fatherhood. Our own modern attitudes towards adoption don't count.
What Jew in the first century wasn't a descendent of David? David, who lived about 1000 years before Jesus - over fifty generations - had at least seven wives < http://www.biblenews1.com/garden/David1.html >, a harem of concubines and nobody knows how many children, of which one was Solomon, who had about 700 wives and 300 concubines (1 Kings 11:1-3). After than many generation and that much polygamy, the miracle would be that Jesus wasn't a descendent of David. You get the feeling that the prophet didn't expect so many generations to pass before the appearance of the messiah.
tricki

Oley, PA

#703121 Mar 17, 2014
He didn't come.
He wasn't God.
It was all a joke.
It was all for money
Nobody was killed for believing in Jesus
Henry, Murray and Larry made up the whole thing for laughs
There is nothing true about any of it
Laugh at it
No blood
No courage
No moral teacher

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#703122 Mar 17, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I am easily amused, so it doesn't take much for me, from either side. Some of them believe just because some of them have an understanding of the Bible, doesn't mean they have Jesus in their heart. anybody can say they're Christian but act just like the World. What is a He!! Bound Christian? A 21st Century Pharisee!
Good shot!
tricki

Oley, PA

#703123 Mar 17, 2014
Pure B.S.
Nonsense
Forged
It was so ridiculous, others plotted to make it even more ridiculous
The scraps of paper with some words on them that are supposed to be scripture were put there by the pope and his pals
tricki

Oley, PA

#703124 Mar 17, 2014
Ain't no God cause ain't no proof of nothin. Nothin. See? Duh. God, what's god? My brain!

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#703125 Mar 17, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, I still fear the wrath of Inanna. She may send her galla demons after me, to drag me down screaming to the Underworld.

Beside her, your god is a Johnny-come-lately and a pansy-assed wimp.
Heh.
tricki

Oley, PA

#703126 Mar 17, 2014
No truth to their buybull. The three dudes who wrote it made trillions

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#703127 Mar 17, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, since you asked....
Matthew 13:50 “furnace of fire…weeping and gnashing of teeth”
Mark 9:48 “where their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched”
Revelation 14:10 “he will be tormented with fire and brimstone””
Revelation 20:14 “This is the second death, the lake of fire”
Revelation 20:15 “If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire”
This is the punishment awaiting non-christians.
Well, according to the myth, anyway. Good thing it's all bullshit.
To hell with the Xian Hell!

Inanna/Ishtar was the real deal, when she went on holidays to the Underworld. So was the Greek god Hades, along with Persephone.
http://etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk/section1/tr141.h...
http://www.halexandria.org/dward385.htm

“Filia Spartacus”

Libertas

#703128 Mar 17, 2014
Divinity Surgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Rosa!:-)
How they hangin?!

I'm currently up in Queensland, staying with family on the Gold Coast. Hence my new location, it really is a Land of Sunshine. Even in autumn, and even sometimes winter.
:-)

Fennario

#703129 Mar 17, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
most serious, sane Buddhists would never consider Sam Harris to be a real Buddhist; his "being" is too caught up in hateful, aggressive thoughts and all of his so-called "transcendental" experiences were LSD induced. Hallucinating invalidates his "moments" as being real in any way.
Or maybe this is why. From Killing The Buddha at http://www.samharris.org/site/full_text/killi... :

"Given the degree to which religion still inspires human conflict, and impedes genuine inquiry, I believe that merely being a self-described “Buddhist” is to be complicit in the world’s violence and ignorance to an unacceptable degree."

"Indeed, there are ideas within Buddhism that are so incredible as to render the dogma of the virgin birth plausible by comparison. No one is served by a mode of discourse that treats such pre-literate notions as integral to our evolving discourse about the nature of the human mind. Among Western Buddhists, there are college-educated men and women who apparently believe that Guru Rinpoche was actually born from a lotus. This is not the spiritual breakthrough that civilization has been waiting for these many centuries."

Fennario

#703130 Mar 17, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> True some parts of the Bible are in Metaphors and Parables. Like the Garbage Dump being compared to He!!, which Jesus was obviously speaking in a way that the sheep herders would understand, but they're parts where no Metaphor or Parable is used to describe He!!, it is talked of for just what it is and what to expect when the Judgement is rendered sending you there, like in that link I shared with them that Doc shared, it is plain as day what to expect when "cast down" into the Lake Of Fire and Eternal Damnation.. There is noway one can say that he/she believes in Jesus and the resurrection and that he Ascended into Heaven and not believe that he descended into He!! to preach the word. If they believed he did descend into He!! to preach the word, then say they believe in Heaven as described but not He!!, then they are more fked up than I and that, is really saying something!
You already know my take. The bible says what you want it to say. You find certain scriptures literal and foundational, others like the ones that seem to support a different interpretation, and say that you are misinterpreting the ones you lean on. That makes you just as right as Susue D, or just as wrong.

Let's look at the merits of each of your positions. Yours is more effective in convincing people to worship Jehovah, but is off putting to a lot of modern minds that consider torture beneath the dignity of a loving god. Susie's appeals more to that contingent. The beauty of having you both out there saying opposite things is that you can appeal to both markets.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#703131 Mar 17, 2014
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>How they hangin?!

I'm currently up in Queensland, staying with family on the Gold Coast. Hence my new location, it really is a Land of Sunshine. Even in autumn, and even sometimes winter.
:-)
I'm further up. Um, what do these words mean? Autumn? Winter?

:/

“Faith = Trust”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#703132 Mar 17, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Ghost Writer I had a doctors visit today and I'm a little under the weather. I'll write more tomorrow.
I like to have real conversations instead of flame wars, which seem to be common here. I have been following you a bit and I like your writing and thoughtfulness in your replies.
Bear with me if you will.
By all means. I hope you feel better.:)
tricki

Oley, PA

#703133 Mar 17, 2014
hacking computers is punishable by fines and incarceration

“Faith = Trust”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#703136 Mar 17, 2014
Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
Remsburg was a teacher for 15 years, a superintendent of public instruction in Atchison County, Kansas for four years, then a writer and lecturer in support of free thought, his lectures being translated into German, French, Bohemian, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, Bengali and Singalese. He was also a life member of the American Secular Union, of which he was president from 1897–1900, and a member of the Kansas State Horticultural Society.
http://www.theinfidels.org/zunb-johneremsberg...
John E Remsberg, was born in Fremont, Ohio, Jan. 7, 1848, a son of George J. and Sarah A.(Willey) Remsburg. He enlisted in the Union army at the age of sixteen; married Miss Nora M. Eiler of Atchison, Kan., Oct. 9, 1870; was a teacher for 15 years, then a writer and lecturer in support of free thought, his lectures being translated into German, French, Bohemian, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian. Bengali and Singalese
No mention of college, and especially no mention of any theological training such as Gerd Luedmann (atheist scholar) had. And you got this from wikipedia. Not the most authoritative source on the net son. Notice there's a lot of "citations needed?" Red flag that a lot of it is made up bullshit. Infidels website? Please. Propaganda machine for mindless cretins like you.
Do you believe everything written in National Enquirer? You know you do. Admit it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Remsburg
tricki

Oley, PA

#703137 Mar 17, 2014
The Jesus Puzzle: Did Christianity Begin with a Mythical Christ? Challenging the Existence of an Historical Jesus Paperback by Earl Doherty

"The most compelling argument ever published in support of the theory that Jesus never existed as an historical person."

--Frank Zindler, editor, American Atheist Magazine
An excellent effort that will certainly have an impact on mainstream scholarship, The Jesus Puzzle provides a scientific and convincing analysis of Christianity's formative centuries, essentially proving that Jesus Christ started out as an allegorical and mythical entity, carnalized and historicized during the second century. Doherty's unique approach to the subject is also highly accessible, such that it, along with the efforts of others, will likewise affect the populace at large. As he says:

"But there is no going back. Fundamentalism, still thriving in North America and parts of the third world, will no doubt keep the Gospel Son of God alive for a time, but once the dissolution of the Christian record as a reliable and historical set of documents makes its way fully into public consciousness, it is hard to see how Christianity as a vital force in society will be able to continue."

well, you think by posting this "review" you have proven Jesus is amalgamated? Did you even read the book? i think not. you still run away from your responsibility to prove what you state as fact. that is pathetic. you are A LIAR

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Michael 596,156
The Christian Atheist debate 12 min -Alan S Shole- 893
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 13 min I Am No One_ 444,291
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 16 min andet1987 6,131
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 1 hr Grunt56 221,819
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr lovewithin 40,693
___Warnings Issued for July 4th Holiday 2 hr Rumorz 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr NewsYtube 612,601
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr Charlie Sheen 272,082
More from around the web