Prove there's a god.

“You Can't Throw MeTo TheWolves”

Since: May 10

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#702740 Mar 15, 2014
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
I've told you before; metaphor. When's that gonna sink in?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the other dozens of Stregheria gods? Are they all metaphor too?
YES!!!

Goodfuckingchrist, you're THICK!!!! Gesù sanguinante cazzo cristo!

And in *my family's tradition* we don't have that many.

Dio cazzo cristo maledetto, come sei arrivato ad essere un fottuto idiota tale spessore di testa?

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#702741 Mar 15, 2014
tricki wrote:
DARTMOUTH APOLOGIA
A JORNAL OF CHRISTIAN THOUGHT
Four Proofs for God
Posted on May 9th, by Nathaniel Schmucker in Classical Apologetics. Cosmological Argument:
There are several versions of the cosmological argument. Arguments of this type form a logical chain backwards in time to show that the universe as it exists today could not exist without the some sort of external cause. Here are three of the simplest versions of the Cosmological Argument.
1.A contingent being* must have a cause.
2.A contingent being exists.
3.A contingent being cannot cause itself.
4.You cannot have an infinite causal chain.
5.A necessary being** exists.
1.Everything that changes must have a cause.
2.The universe changes.
3.The universe must have a cause.
1.Everything that begins to exist must have a cause.
2.The universe began to exist.
3.The universe must have a cause.
* Contingent being: a being that, if it exists, could have not-existed or could cease to exist.
** Necessary being: a being that, if it exists, cannot not exist.
Teleological Argument:
Teleological Arguments are ones that argue to the existence of God based on the apparent purpose and design found within the universe. In various ways, shapes, and forms, it argues that the best explanation for the state of the universe is that of a designer. As one example, consider William Paley’s watchmaker analogy:
[S]uppose I found a watch upon the ground, and it should be inquired how the watch happened to be in that place, I should hardly think … that, for anything I knew, the watch might have always been there. Yet why should not this answer serve for the watch as well as for [a] stone [that happened to be lying on the ground]?… For this reason, and for no other; namely, that, if the different parts had been differently shaped from what they are, if a different size from what they are, or placed after any other manner, or in any order than that in which they are placed, either no motion at all would have been carried on in the machine, or none which would have answered the use that is now served by it.
Christian train wreck exhibit # 1.

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#702742 Mar 15, 2014
tricki wrote:
SAME SOURCE
Transcendental Argument:
The space reserved here for the Transcendental Argument is much too less to give it justice. In its most simple form, though, the argument seeks to show that morality, ethics, knowledge, logic, reason, or some such similar idea is only possible if a divine being exists. Without such a divine being, there would be no basis for those concepts. Below are two very rough forms of the Transcendental Argument.
1.If there is no god, knowledge (or morality, logic, etc.) is not possible.
2.Knowledge (or morality, logic, etc.) is possible.
3.Therefore a god exists.
1.Logical absolutes exist.
2.Logical absolutes are conceptual and not dependent on space/time/human opinion/etc.
3.Logical absolutes are not the product of the universe or of human minds.
4.Logical absolutes must be the result of an absolute, transcendent mind.
Cornelius Van Til is perhaps the most famous apologist to use the Transcendental Argument. For a fuller explanation and development of the Van Til’s Transcendental Argument
Christian train wreck exhibit # 1a.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#702743 Mar 15, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Hi Kait :)
Yo.

I can't believe it.

I went out and mowed the lawn, picked up the clippings and dumped them onto my compost heap...

...I came back inside, dropped a deuce and took a shower...

...threw a chicken in the smoker...(those hickory chips are da bomb)

...ate dinner and washed the dishes...

...shared a bottle of Merlot with Stephanie, and we watched "World War Z," starring Brad Pitt (good movie; I recommend it highly)...

...and Suzie de Twinkie and the Riverside Redneck spent *their* time posting here, trying to get a rise out of me.

Is that fucked up, or what?

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#702744 Mar 15, 2014
<quoted text>
If your christian website calls them scientists who support creationism, they are not real scientists.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Their doctorates say they're scientists. Not good enough for ya?
Not if they got them from some dump like Falwell's "Liberty University," or some other non-accredited garbage site.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#702745 Mar 15, 2014
<quoted text>
You have way too much free time.
Go hug your sister.
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> I have too much time on my hands??
Yes.

I've been gone six hours, and you've been here, begging for my attention. Well, guess what, you frothing little psycho-twinkie? I'm cutting you off.

Che stupido faccia di culo. Vaffanculo! Vai soffocare sul pene del porter.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#702746 Mar 15, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Thanks for the heads up, Aristotle. Religious tolerance was a gift of humanism.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA!!
Okee doc, take credit where no credit is due.
Have you burned any "witches" lately, or just a few good books?

Yeah, you godbots are more tolerant than humanists, all right.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#702747 Mar 15, 2014
<quoted text>
I've told this to Arr Arr, and I'm tellin' it to you:
METAPHOR.
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
So with all due respect,*you* can claim "METAPHOR" and correct *our* understanding with regard to some writings concerning Stregheria but *we Christians* aren't allowed to claim "METAPHOR" with regard to some of our scriptures and correct *your* understanding of the Bible?
Do you believe your god is literal, or not?

Yes or no.
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>I see a double standard here my dear Kaitlin.
I'm not responsible for your hallucinations.
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text> Remember, this street is a two way street. Not a "I'm an atheist so only my rules apply" one way street.:)
And where did I ever claim to be an atheist?

Did you miss my thousand posts where I said I was an agnostic?

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#702748 Mar 15, 2014
tricki wrote:
<quoted text>
prove it.
aradia
amalgam
I don't have to; your buybull did it for me.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#702749 Mar 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Cosmological constant.
lol
Dumb scientists.
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Why must you profess your stupidity?
I try to like you, but you make it hard. Understand to like people such as you , it takes a conscious effort because much of what you believe is pure fantasy.
Not knowing is one thing, the deliberate obfuscation of known and verified knowledge is a borderline to a crime against humanity. Would you make religion a crime against humanity?
It appears that you would.
Redneck is proud of his stupidity.

And his malicious deceptiveness.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#702750 Mar 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
The "punishment" for some beliefs, according to Harris, is death.
<quoted text>
Forget for the moment that Harris qualified his statement with "that it may even be ethical" Wouldn't such an idea be a reason for you to worship Harris?
The "punishment" for unbelief in the god you worship is to be kept conscious forever to suffer excruciating agony. And that is an unqualified threat. Why do you feign outrage at the one when you base your life on the other? And why have you refused to comment on your god's narcissism and cruelty?
Don't bother answering that rhetorical question. The answer is painfully obvious. Your opinions are inconsistent because you don't actually have principles - just a mindless devotion to your religion, which has left you with a flagrant lack of intellectual and moral integrity.
Oo-rah.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#702751 Mar 15, 2014

I don't take my scientific information from the faithful. I prefer evidence based sources. From Natural Geographic at http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/ ...
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's from June, 2007. It's outdated.
So's your religion.
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#702752 Mar 15, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
Science isn't the enemy of religion.
Do you really enjoy making a complete f*cking azzhole of yourself in an international forum?

Science is the antithesis of religion and there's absolutely no common ground. Science is based in reality on observations and experiments. Religion is based on dogma with no basis in reality.

Neil deGrasse Tyson: Science and Religion Are Not ‘Reconcilable,’ So Stop Trying

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/neil-degrasse-tyso...

America’s favorite astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson sat down with PBS’ Bill Moyers Friday for an extended conversation about science, religion and the universe. Addressing science teachers who want to teach creationism in the classroom, Tyson said they can worship whatever God they want as long as they “keep it out” of the classroom.

Tyson said he does not believe that faith and reason are “reconcilable” so he refuses to give credit to those who are trying to do so.“The track record is so poor,” he said,“the going forward I have essentially zero confidence that there would be fruitful things to emerge from the effort to reconcile them.” He went on to explain that as more scientific discoveries are made, the more “figurative” religious texts like the Bible become.

“Educated religious people are perfectly fine with that,” he said.“It’s the fundamentalists who want to say that the Bible is the literal truth of God and want to see the Bible as a science textbook who are knocking on the science doors of schools… Enlightened religious people are not acting that way.”

Tyson said that a “free country” means that people can believe whatever they want:“Think that there’s one God, two Gods, ten Gods, or no Gods.” But once those people start to enter the science classroom, that’s when he has a problem.“I’m not telling you what to think,” he said.“I’m just telling you in the science class,‘You’re not doing science. This is not science. Keep it out.’”

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#702753 Mar 15, 2014
<quoted text>
If your christian website calls them scientists who support creationism, they are not real scientists.
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, hate to break it to ya sweetie but atheism doesn't get to decide what is science and what isn't.
No, you think your funydy-mental christians do.

I'll never understand how fundy-mental christians can hate science so much, yet try to use it to "prove" their religion a fact---when religion is based solely on *faith alone.*

Weird, huh?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#702754 Mar 15, 2014
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
you were imprisoned Pusherman ? anything gay ?
Pull yer pants back up, perv.
Scrooge

Scottsdale, AZ

#702755 Mar 15, 2014
If and when that day comes, the religious will be able to claim intolerance and persecution.
You assume that brainwashed godbots won't turn on their terrestrial masters and want to hang the perpetuators of the world's cruelest and most dangerous hoax.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#702757 Mar 15, 2014

Forget for the moment that Harris qualified his statement with "that it may even be ethical" Wouldn't such an idea be a reason for you to worship Harris?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It is NEVER ethical to kill someone for a belief. NEVER.
Unless, of course, it's you christians doing all the killing in the name of your "savior."

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#702758 Mar 15, 2014
<quoted text>
You're speculating. Nobody knows IF Jesus was born.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, Mr "the rest of us can justifiably come to conclusion by a consensus".
Based on real, verifiable, scientific evidence. You insist on leaving that out.

That's because you are a malicious deceiver--in other words, a liar.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#702759 Mar 15, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
Argumentum ad populum is a popular fallacy. Just because a given number of people affirm or deny a conclusion does not itself make that affirmation or denial true. Looking at the evidence is always the best way to reach a conclusion. In historical matters there are a couple of common mistakes made.
1) The historian's fallacy occurs when a person assumes that a decision or action from the past is based upon having the same perspective and information as those who are presently analyzing the decision or action.
2) Presentism is a sub-type of the historian's fallacy in which a person assumes that present day concepts such as modern moral standards should also apply to past cultures.
Both 1 and 2 are common mistakes made by the "Jesus Mythers" and is the biggest reason why the majority of Jesus Mythers are here on the internet. They have no credibility outside the internet in the real academic world of scholars who study this subject.
Do you believe in Original Sin??

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#702760 Mar 15, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian train wreck exhibit # 1a.
Agreed.
These threads are often little more than a scrapyard for mangled "Christian" locomotives.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 14 min Student 45,566
Will Barack Obama be the Biblical anti-Christ? 17 min Juan Two Three Four 7
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min Pad 658,361
the twin towers: symbols of godless greed 23 min Lipz156 2
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 25 min ATHEOI 70,038
Forex Robot Traders - The Big Fat Lie About For... 26 min Tango8776 2
I prefer women's satin panties over men's under... (Mar '16) 33 min Lovey392 35
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 47 min Raspberry2129 87
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Neville Thompson 282,865
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 2 hr Hottie1582 4,931
More from around the web