Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#702698 Mar 15, 2014
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You should convince your fellow theists of that.
I will buy your ticket to Central Africa.
Why?
tricki

Boyertown, PA

#702699 Mar 15, 2014
"If Christ is risen, nothing else matters. And if Christ is not risen - nothing else matters."
What kind of thinking is that? It says that nothing matters whether Christ is risen or not.

maybe it is genetic. no FOG sees her blatant error?

may be this is their problem. a comprehension deficit.

can't see it?

the sentence she misinterprets does not say anything like what she concluded.

more time? okay. last chance.
tricki

Boyertown, PA

#702700 Mar 15, 2014
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You're speculating. Nobody knows IF Jesus was born.
you really believe this, too, huh? you are not just being a jerk, a contrary obnoxious idiot, are you? you really can't see the obvious mistakes you make.

FOLKS, IT MAY NOT BE ENTIRELY HER FAULT THAT SHE THINKS LIKE SHE DOES.
tricki

Boyertown, PA

#702701 Mar 15, 2014
<quoted text>
you really believe that. seriously. that is your honest opinion.
tricki

Boyertown, PA

#702702 Mar 15, 2014
"And if God is loving then no, it would not use pain as an educational tool." prove it

jesus Christ is god. he said so and men of old, who sacrificed their lives to make sure we were given an accurate account of his life, stated clearly and repeatedly that he was in fact Christ.

no one, ever, has been able to refute these facts, although many have tried to do so for the past 2,000 years. many have devoted their resources, their time, health, their sanity, trying to find errors, contradictions, anything, that would be evidential that he was not god; all have failed terribly.

the mini-tsunami/earthquakes that nicked Japan and Sumatra compared to Noah's, don't belong in the same sentence. A 10 inch shift in earth's axis, compared to the tilt caused by the granddaddy of tsunamis is hardly worth mentioning.
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#702703 Mar 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you expand on #1 & 2?
Sure I can.

1) Human understanding is accomplished through sensory experiences, intuition, and rationalization. Intellectual Atheism holds tightly to the dogma that empirical evidence and rationalizing are the hallmarks of human understanding, while downplaying and even criticizing the role and processes of intuition.

The irony is that while they cling to naturalism, they recognize that animals have intuitive capabilities that serve as tools for survival. An elk can "sense" something wrong with the environment and intuitively "know" a hunter is nearby without even smelling, hearing, or seeing the hunter. Many animals have this ability. Humans have this capability in nature, but it's suppressed in favor of intellect. Ever get the "feeling" somebody is watching you even though you can't see, hear, or smell them? That's either intuition or paranoia. It's not ALWAYS paranoia.

2) The scientific method is solely empirical because it must be able to use sensory experiences (mainly observation) to measure and analyze the subject of interest.
Therefore, scientific methodology is only a third of our total ability to understand anything.

We can intuitively know whether or not our spouse loves us, but we can't measure it in a lab. We can intuitively know that getting on a specific airplane will be a bad decision, even though we can't see the bolt on the landing gear is corroded and will fail upon landing at our destination We can intuitively know that a loved one has died from miles away without observing the event or being informed by telephone call.(I've experienced this myself.)

Is that the expansion you were looking for?

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#702704 Mar 15, 2014
<quoted text>
Perhaps Jesus was intelligently designed.

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#702705 Mar 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, Mr "the rest of us can justifiably come to conclusion by a consensus".
The consensus among historians and authors wield wide is that Jesus Christ existed.
So.....
I'll be glad to finish your post for you.

So.....you're an idiot.
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#702706 Mar 15, 2014
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Any relation to Enza? That's in flew Enza.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#702707 Mar 15, 2014
<quoted text>
Well did he hatch?
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#702708 Mar 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, Mr "the rest of us can justifiably come to conclusion by a consensus".
The consensus among historians and authors wield wide is that Jesus Christ existed.
So.....
Argumentum ad populum is a popular fallacy. Just because a given number of people affirm or deny a conclusion does not itself make that affirmation or denial true. Looking at the evidence is always the best way to reach a conclusion. In historical matters there are a couple of common mistakes made.

1) The historian's fallacy occurs when a person assumes that a decision or action from the past is based upon having the same perspective and information as those who are presently analyzing the decision or action.

2) Presentism is a sub-type of the historian's fallacy in which a person assumes that present day concepts such as modern moral standards should also apply to past cultures.

Both 1 and 2 are common mistakes made by the "Jesus Mythers" and is the biggest reason why the majority of Jesus Mythers are here on the internet. They have no credibility outside the internet in the real academic world of scholars who study this subject.
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#702709 Mar 15, 2014
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> I never told anyone, let alone you to burn anywhere... and unless I have or do, then keep me out of your childish battle with those guys...
So you when you throw something it won't be at me... It may circle back around and hit your smelly face.. Opps... and it did.. I called you out on the lie you told and now you are ranting and making excuses. Telling someone they deserve hell is a shameful act and YOU are the one who did it and then tried to lie out of it ;) CAPEESH..LMAO... I'm not Italian so Ill just use the ENGLISH spelling of the word..lol..
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
I only call it how I see it. Porter or wasssup have yet to say a word to me so why would I interfere with how you speak to each other. I thought that was the on going rule.. After all, you never say a word to scew loose.. Now, isn't that one of them there double standards you keep bitchin" about?
I'm sorry, I cannot stop laughing.. Now, uou want me to take up for you because of what another poster said to YOU?? Deal with it, I am sure you brought it on yourself.
Hey sweetie. If u find Wassy language acceptable, then YOU give him the headjob.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#702710 Mar 15, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure I can.
1) Human understanding is accomplished through sensory experiences, intuition, and rationalization. Intellectual Atheism holds tightly to the dogma that empirical evidence and rationalizing are the hallmarks of human understanding, while downplaying and even criticizing the role and processes of intuition.
The irony is that while they cling to naturalism, they recognize that animals have intuitive capabilities that serve as tools for survival. An elk can "sense" something wrong with the environment and intuitively "know" a hunter is nearby without even smelling, hearing, or seeing the hunter. Many animals have this ability. Humans have this capability in nature, but it's suppressed in favor of intellect. Ever get the "feeling" somebody is watching you even though you can't see, hear, or smell them? That's either intuition or paranoia. It's not ALWAYS paranoia.
2) The scientific method is solely empirical because it must be able to use sensory experiences (mainly observation) to measure and analyze the subject of interest.
Therefore, scientific methodology is only a third of our total ability to understand anything.
We can intuitively know whether or not our spouse loves us, but we can't measure it in a lab. We can intuitively know that getting on a specific airplane will be a bad decision, even though we can't see the bolt on the landing gear is corroded and will fail upon landing at our destination We can intuitively know that a loved one has died from miles away without observing the event or being informed by telephone call.(I've experienced this myself.)
Is that the expansion you were looking for?
Yes, very much so.

I've argued with atheists about gut feelings, intuition, and how they can't be proven but still exist, like many things. They like to argue that only what can be proven exists. They don't see the fault in that ideal.

You've just stated it more eloquently.

Thanks

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#702711 Mar 15, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:

Argumentum ad populum is a popular fallacy. Just because a given number of people affirm or deny a conclusion does not itself make that affirmation or denial true. Looking at the evidence is always the best way to reach a conclusion. In historical matters there are a couple of common mistakes made.
1) The historian's fallacy occurs when a person assumes that a decision or action from the past is based upon having the same perspective and information as those who are presently analyzing the decision or action.
2) Presentism is a sub-type of the historian's fallacy in which a person assumes that present day concepts such as modern moral standards should also apply to past cultures.
Both 1 and 2 are common mistakes made by the "Jesus Mythers" and is the biggest reason why the majority of Jesus Mythers are here on the internet. They have no credibility outside the internet in the real academic world of scholars who study this subject.
But the notion that Jesus didn't exist, or may not have existed, isn't a popular one.

You're right though, it does seem that their opinion of it, and attempts at rewriting history, are limited to venues like this one.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#702712 Mar 15, 2014
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be glad to finish your post for you.
So.....you're an idiot.
Hey, check it out.
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#702713 Mar 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But the notion that Jesus didn't exist, or may not have existed, isn't a popular one.
You're right though, it does seem that their opinion of it, and attempts at rewriting history, are limited to venues like this one.
True. And then the hyper skeptics like "Scrooge" will claim that we're the ones trying to re-write history. I've seen how history is written from both a professional and layperson's perspective. Many people just don't know what goes into the process of historical research.

I asked a guy once where he thought historians got their information. He said, books, newspapers, movies, t.v. etc. I asked about how history was written before those things existed. He said "They just guessed." LMAO!!

Yes, people are really that clueless!! LOL

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#702714 Mar 15, 2014
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey sweetie. If u find Wassy language acceptable, then YOU give him the headjob.
HaHaHa! irecknso

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#702715 Mar 15, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
True. And then the hyper skeptics like "Scrooge" will claim that we're the ones trying to re-write history. I've seen how history is written from both a professional and layperson's perspective. Many people just don't know what goes into the process of historical research.
I asked a guy once where he thought historians got their information. He said, books, newspapers, movies, t.v. etc. I asked about how history was written before those things existed. He said "They just guessed." LMAO!!
Yes, people are really that clueless!! LOL
Ha! Sounds like you met a Topix Atheist! long before Topix existed...
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

#702716 Mar 15, 2014
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, very much so.
I've argued with atheists about gut feelings, intuition, and how they can't be proven but still exist, like many things. They like to argue that only what can be proven exists. They don't see the fault in that ideal.
You've just stated it more eloquently.
Thanks
You're welcome :)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#702717 Mar 15, 2014
Ghost Writer wrote:
You're welcome :)
I'm out, gonna make some enchiladas for the fam.

Have a good time with these clowns.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My NEW SPECULATION about the mystery vehicle an... 7 min Doctor REALITY 19
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min PadMark 675,951
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 18 min nanoanomaly 110,962
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Gotti 305
Arkansas right for punishing heinous crimes 1 hr Doctor REALITY 7
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr Tony 6,234
Apr 30 President Trump: "News Media Twists Fac... 9 hr Wtf 1
More from around the web