|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2014

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for that.
I think that you can have a spiritual connection at multiple scales. And connectivity is a key element of spirituality. The other major elements are awe, gratitude, and a sense of mystery.
I consider it a psychological phenomenon, view it as a gift of evolution, and call the capacity to have that experience the spiritual faculty.
Other people consider it an intuitive awareness of a deity, but in my opinion, they have mistakenly let their proclivity for agenticity into the mix, where agenticity is defined as the tendency to see sentient, volitional, purposive agents capable of acting on the world underlying natural phenomena - the same psychological phenomenon that caused ancients to assign nymphs, spirits, and gods to assorted realms like the woods, the sea, or the skies.
No matter how you view it, we are one force and we are all connected in a way that is unexplainable. It is nice talking to someone who gets that even if we do not agree on the why or how at least we have an understanding; it is actually fascinating.

“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Gotta stop ya there, you're wrong.
"Yahweh" is simply "God" in Hebrew. That's not His name.
God doesn't have a name, He introduced Himself to Moses as "I am that I am".
No he didn't; that's a fairytale.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2014

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Lethal injection comes immediately to mind. Pretty much any execution device would involve less torture than crucifixion. And moreover, wasn't suffering supposed to be a critical part of Jesus' death? It seems to me you are arguing against one of the fundamental dogmas of your own religion.
If you don't like torture, that is to your credit, but then that must cause you alot of cognitive dissonance around your choice of religion.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't like torture but my preferences aren't the debate.
The debate is whether or not the crucifix is a torture or execution device.
Crucifixion is ultimately a form of slow and painful execution, period.
As I've stated, there are execution devices and there are torture devices. One is made to kill, the other is made to inflict great pain.
Do you *really* believe that shit you just wrote??

Madonna!!

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2014

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably because there were different versions of the "god(S)" used within the Judaic religion before the full move to monotheism, at which time, the "Yahweh" was the final version and that didn't become set in stone, so to speak, until after the exile.
So, at times, that name, and the "god", changed, each with attributes that changed as the "god" changed.
That's the part of your religion/deity belief you don't want to know about.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup.
If it was written originally in English, they'd have wrote God.
In Spanish, Dios.
In Arabic, Allah.
In Italian, Dio.
In German, Gott.
In Dutch, Gud.
But they wrote in Hebrew, so they wrote Yahweh.
All the same word, just in different languages.
"God" is not a name, it's a job description.

Yahweh is a name. Jehovah is a name.

Zeus, Apollo, Mercury, Aphrodite, Diana, Venus, Hades, Mars, these are names of gods.

Stop denying what you know is true.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2014

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>So, now you're willing to use an argument that is quite similar to the one presented - that you utterly rejected at the time - that up until DNA was discovered and known to be what it was, as far as science was concerned at the time -(since science wasn't aware of DNA at the time)- was unknown.

So, in that same sense, before spontaneous generation was known to be false - no one at the time - knew differently, until science discovered that was false. From that point forward, the information improved concerning that particular subject.

This is why you are seen as buffoonish and purposefully obtuse, because you waffle from one side to the other, and act as if you have integrity.
I approve of this post.
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2014

Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism isn't a religion. Atheism is the lack of belief in the absurdity of supernatural deities without evidence. A lack of belief in anything isn't a foundation for a religion.
Do you believe that empirical science will tell us everything we will ever need to know?
ChristINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2014

Judged:

the talk wrote:
<quoted text>
You learned to be hateful and arrogant from being an atheist.
So whats YOUR excuse Porter boy?

Oh thats right youre kristain

www.evilbible.com

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2014

Judged:

Ghost Writer wrote:
Shortened so I could also get a word in edgewise.:)
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Darwinian evolution, like I said above, is demonstrable fact and it is science so it is a reasonable thing to teach in schools. I don't know of any schools that teach secularism, but I suppose any class that puts the lie to Christianity, or any other religion, is a secular class.
Teach religion at home or in church, teach science in schools.
Every body in America knows about your religion....what more informing do you want?
Do you think you're fooling anyone with your semantics??
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice reply. For what it's worth, I don't advocate any acts of violence or harassment perpetrated by one group onto another. I don't advocate a school official enforcing prayer on those who don't want it.
What I do object to is total segregation in public schools. At the high school level, kids should have a choice. Offer a variety of classes. If kids want to learn Intelligent Design and Darwinian Evolution, then teach both. I say let them decide for themselves.
No. No, no, no, no, no.

High school kid: "I don't wanna learn algebra, it's too hard. I wanna learn basket ball." See where I'm going with this, Gee Dub?

High school kid: "I don't want to learn evolution, it's too hard. I wanna learn creationism instead."

At that age, kids aren't old enough to make such important decisions as to what they will learn and what they won't.

Creationism IS NOT SCIENCE, IT IS RELION AND YOU *KNOW* IT IS RELIGION.

No religion in public high school science classes. Period.
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text> But my view is that as long as one side holds influence in the halls of education, the other side is oppressed.
That is what happened in Europe, and that is why people were burned alive at the stake. Arr Arr will tell you they weren't tortured, they were merely "executed."
Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>That argument applies equally to both sides. If one is to be honest about it.
If you want to talk honesty, why don't you admit that creationism is not science, but religion in disguise?

Do you also believe that astrology is just as valid as astronomy?

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2014

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
This is all pretty good fantasy, but the cross was put forth by Constantine after he assumed power and created the church state and Christianity as the national religion he held the cross banners for the New Roman Armies that adopted it some 300 years after the events you speak of. There were crosses before associated with the Christian faith but they looked different than the cross that is used today, here's the story.
"He does not know it yet, but that prayer will change the course of Christian history as well as of western civilization. Later he will tell his friend Bishop Eusebius the incredible story of that hour. When Eusebius reports it in his history, he admits it is hard to believe.
What happens that is so hard to believe? Constantine suddenly sees a bright cross of light emblazoned against the noonday sky and upon it the inscription:“In hoc signo vinces”—“In this Sign Conquer.”
It brings Constantine the assurance he needs. He accepts this as the answer to his prayer and orders his soldiers to inscribe crosses on their shields. Encouraged by his vision in the heavens, he hurls his troops against his rival Maxentius at Rome’s Milvian Bridge. Surprisingly, Constantine is victorious. Maxentius is among those who drown in the Tiber.
Afterward Constantine does not forget to whom he owes his victory. For close to two hundred and fifty years, since AD 64 when Nero initiated violence against it, the Christian church has been a persecuted minority in Roman lands. Only a few years earlier, between 303 and 311, it suffered through Diocletian’s savage “Great Persecution.” Now Constantine issues orders that the Christian church is to be tolerated just as other religions are. Although he does not make Christianity the official religion of the empire, Constantine bestows favor on it, builds places of worship for Christians, and presides over the first general church council. He becomes the first emperor to embrace Christianity and will be baptized on his death bed—waiting so late for fear his duties as emperor might cause him to sin after he receives the solemn rite, blotting out its efficacy."
https://www.christianhistoryinstitute.org/inc...
Here is a famous painting by Raphael of Constantine's vision.
http://roxanaarama.com/wp-content/uploads/201...
More proof
http://roxanaarama.com/2013/04/11/constantine...
The Persians used it before Constantine and who knows how long the Mayans did.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2014

Judged:

tricki wrote:
<quoted text>
ditto christ
Not only has your christ never been proven, your own buybull *dis*proves it.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2014

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas Edison wasn't a professional?
Benjamin Franklin wasn't a professional?
Albert Einstein wasn't a professional?
Bill Gates isn't a professional?
Walt Disney, George Burns, Charles Dickens? They weren't professionals?
Finishing high school on time is not a prerequisite for having a good career.
Dork.
Sooooooo you would encourage kids to drop out of high school?

Not wise, Arr Arr, not wise at all.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2014

the talk wrote:
<quoted text>
Despite it being the right answer, you rejected it.
How many cans of paint have you huffed today?
Ghost Writer

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2014

Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>Very well stated. I read where you have a BA in history I can see that, but I would have thought you possibly had a creative writing degree. I really thought you were a writer of sort; not because of the name, but rather the creative style you use to write post. I do not put that much effort in my post; after all, this is just a forum and is not worthy of my time to make proof reads or corrections. Lol...I also have a degree in history and a minor in English (I read a lot to get that added ) but my MA is in Special Education and that is my true love <3
My mother is not only a historian but an editor as well. I didn't dare fail English or History in school. LOL Special Ed. is a great field to work in. I have a few friends that work with special needs kids. My first academic love is history. Any history. Ancient history is a real challenge to investigate because so much time has passed. I'm still waiting for the release of a publication indicating that a fragment of the Gospel of Mark found in 2012 is from the first century. If it's true, it will validate the way textual criticism examines ancient documents and put the skeptical world on notice. Of course the hyper skeptics (topix variety) will claim it's a hoax or a conspiracy or some other whacked out bullshit. They crack me up. LOL

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2014

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You put the question inside the quotation.
tsk, tsk, tsk
Is the show called "The Cosmos" or is it "Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey"?
Same thing.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2014

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, are you trying to form a terrorist group with the goal of overthrowing the principles of freedom and the Constitution of The United States of America?
Because these things that you say are inherently and absolutely a violation of the principles of freedom , and a abomination to the founding fathers.
This makes a enemy of WE The People, and an enemy of the state.
It also makes you one barbaric sob and a primitive brained fundie with a caveman mentality.
Bless your heart.
No, that would be Obama, the subversive.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2014

Judged:

Ghost Writer wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that empirical science will tell us everything we will ever need to know?
How else will "we" know anything, if not empirically?

In other words, how could we communicate to others, what is claimed to be known unless it is by evidence that can be shown and understood to be as such?

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2014

Judged:

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Ghost Writer wrote:
I'm sure there's a hell.
<quoted text>
Scrooge, if I might make a suggestion.....
Why not save that kind of rage & wrath for those who deserve it? Like porter and Susie Dee-lusional? GW and Al Garcia are good guys, and don't deserve that kind of treatment.
Just a thought. Thanks for your time.
<quoted text>
You wouldn't know the truth if it grew fangs and bit you on your Confederate flagged redneck ass.
The Air Force ought to napalm your house and give you a taste of the hell you wish on everyone else.
As a human being, you are fucking worthless.
<quoted text>
That's Wiccan; I'm not a Wiccan, I'm a Strega.
We do things a little differently.
For starters, we do not believe in "three-fold" retribution or reward any more than we believe in your "eternal damnation."
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> For starters try reading..
You first.

Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>I have stated more than once I do not believe in eternal damnation
Then you are denying one of the main foundations of your religion, and contradicting your own buybull.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2014

<quoted text>
The practice is stregheria, the person is a strega. Yes, it's Italian. More Tuscan, actually, from the north. Similar to Gardner's Wicca, but that's because he borrowed so heavily from the Italian tradition to create his own.
Susie Delusional, on the other hand, is one of those hateful little christians who just...well, that pretty well sums it up. Just another insecure christian, looking for validation from without, and somehow she believes hatred, stupidity and ignorance will grant her that.
<quoted text>
You are nothing more than a hateful little fucktard christian like porter. You two deserve each other.
<quoted text>
That's what your posts demonstrate.
<quoted text>
No one; I don't believe in hell. Hell belongs to you christians; enjoy.
<quoted text>
That's what you christians do to me; I merely tell you that it's *your* hell, and that *you* can go there. What's wrong with that?
<quoted text>
Yeah, sure, whatever.....(gesu cristo, che pezzo di...)
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> I do not believe in eternal punishment so "you" can save your breath and stop trying to damn people.
I saw it already. And as I told you, rejection of eternal punishment is to deny one of the main foundations of your own religion.

And where the hell do you get the idea that I'm trying to "damn" people? That's a christian activity.
tricki

Douglassville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2014

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Public executions via cricifixion - yep that is what we need to be instilled again.
If that isn't eveolution, then I'm a monkey's uncle!!
;O)
his suffering was more immense than i can handle. he went willingly- to pay a debt of mine. a debt i didn't know i had.
my debt burgeoned into a frightful lion, clawing and roaring, prepared to pounce and rip my guts out.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
The practice is stregheria, the person is a strega. Yes, it's Italian. More Tuscan, actually, from the north. Similar to Gardner's Wicca, but that's because he borrowed so heavily from the Italian tradition to create his own.
Susie Delusional, on the other hand, is one of those hateful little christians who just...well, that pretty well sums it up. Just another insecure christian, looking for validation from without, and somehow she believes hatred, stupidity and ignorance will grant her that.
<quoted text>
You are nothing more than a hateful little fucktard christian like porter. You two deserve each other.
<quoted text>
That's what your posts demonstrate.
<quoted text>
No one; I don't believe in hell. Hell belongs to you christians; enjoy.
<quoted text>
That's what you christians do to me; I merely tell you that it's *your* hell, and that *you* can go there. What's wrong with that?
<quoted text>
Yeah, sure, whatever.....(gesu cristo, che pezzo di...)
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text> That is the difference between you and me,
The differences between us, little girl, are greater in number than stars in the sky.

And to quote the musician Alan Parsons, "I wouldn't want to be like you."
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>even though I do not believe in eternal punishment,
Even though your buybull threatens you with it. Or didn't mommy and daddy read you that part at bedtime?

Y'wanna do something constructive? I mean,*really* constructive?

Go tell your sister you love her, and quit pestering the shit out of me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

835 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min Patrick 224,163
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min blind man n the bleachers 599,078
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 15 min MASS 115,061
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min Commander Bunny 256,481
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 21 min RoSesz 532,703
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 21 min Lost In Transition 172,364
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 29 min Al Capone 3,952
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr bRB 74
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••